April 23, 2024, 04:37:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #2 4/25/11 - 5/04/11  (Read 322520 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #860 on: May 04, 2011, 10:39:04 AM »

<snipped by Tamikosmom>

Capp - if I'm intrepretating you correctly - you're inferring that you have been informed by some "official LE" that Clint, Dred and Derek will NOT be POI's (not a legal term) or suspects in this case. 

Am I interpretating you correctly?

<snipped by Tamikosmom>

Yes, off the record & will not expound further at this time which should be understandable.

BUMPED

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #861 on: May 04, 2011, 10:57:21 AM »

I think it's safe to say that almost all of us have reached the point of frustration with this case. It's pretty obvious some of us are getting on each other's nerves, don't you think?  That often happens in close quarters like this cage but before we start using thrown bananas as darts, let's pause, take a deep breath, and remember that we're all seeking a common resolution to this.  We want Holly found and a conviction of the guilty.

Now, I would imagine that some of you get tired of reading me speak of the South and my Southern upbringing all the time but frankly, it's all I have to offer to the case. I read here on and off all day and although I don't ever really have anything of much value to offer, I do know the culture of the area because I have lived it for all of my 59 years.

So, if you'll allow me, I'll offer one more bit of Southern "wisdom" I've heard all my life.  I think it applies well to this conversation of back and forth that really isn't going to change opinions but is going to hurt feelings...and we do worry about hurting people's feelings here in the South....probably part of that hospitality thing. 

Of course, I could suggest you avoid reading those with which you disagree but that would be encouraging you to disregard knowledge you might could apply although it surely would be a simple way of keeping the peace.  Instead, here's what Southern speak would suggest and I don't think it needs any explanation...

Just eat the meat and leave the bones.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #862 on: May 04, 2011, 11:02:52 AM »

It was not only TBI Director Mark Gwyn who has stated to media that nobody has been ruled out as suspect.  TBI Spokeswoman Kristen Helm states likewise in her April 17th press conference.

Does anybody have the audio/video of this press conference.  I found it yesterday but forgot to save the link.

Thanks

Janet

+++++

April 17th - TBI spokeswoman - Kristin Helm

Search expanded for abducted West Tenn. woman
Updated Sunday, April 17th, 2011

<snipped>

Helm said authorities decided today not to eliminate anyone from a potential list of suspects, including Bobo's 25-year-old brother, Clint, who was present at the time of the attack, and her boyfriend, both previously ruled out.

<snipped>

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/apr/17/search-expanded-abducted-west-tenn-woman/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #863 on: May 04, 2011, 11:18:48 AM »

I think it's safe to say that almost all of us have reached the point of frustration with this case. It's pretty obvious some of us are getting on each other's nerves, don't you think?  That often happens in close quarters like this cage but before we start using thrown bananas as darts, let's pause, take a deep breath, and remember that we're all seeking a common resolution to this.  We want Holly found and a conviction of the guilty.

Now, I would imagine that some of you get tired of reading me speak of the South and my Southern upbringing all the time but frankly, it's all I have to offer to the case. I read here on and off all day and although I don't ever really have anything of much value to offer, I do know the culture of the area because I have lived it for all of my 59 years.

So, if you'll allow me, I'll offer one more bit of Southern "wisdom" I've heard all my life.  I think it applies well to this conversation of back and forth that really isn't going to change opinions but is going to hurt feelings...and we do worry about hurting people's feelings here in the South....probably part of that hospitality thing. 

Of course, I could suggest you avoid reading those with which you disagree but that would be encouraging you to disregard knowledge you might could apply although it surely would be a simple way of keeping the peace.  Instead, here's what Southern speak would suggest and I don't think it needs any explanation...

Good advice TOY.

I think that as a society we have become to casual about our media and their rights..case inpoint with Caylee's case.  I think that LE never is obliged to tell us the truth, particularily when it will hinder an investigation.  Our thirst to know is minimal to LE's need to solve this case..and I hate to say it..but a bunch of us discussing this case here is not going to be what solves it..it is going to be the boots on the ground that does..it's always been that way and always will be that way.  We want info, but LE wants the killer.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
marina
Scared Monkey

« Reply #864 on: May 04, 2011, 11:27:19 AM »

Marina, your questions could be asked toward several all over the internet & otherwise that get inside information, not specifically addressed to me.    Since you have stated that you have been involved in high profile cases personally & professionally before you know that occurs already so Im not sure why you directed that question solely to me.  In fact, I am not the only one that disclosed that information.

Capp,

My initial post on this topic was to note that Drew's brother should have been looked at, maybe he was.....maybe he has already been ruled out......but it was something I pointed out...not directed at anyone.

I was met with, "I dont know how many times I have to say...." by you.  As if, I didnt have the right to ponder something if you had aleady deemed it irrelevant.

I then went on to answer your question re: "what was obvious besides height?"

So, my thoughts were never a question directed at you, they were my own ponderings based on the public evidence of this case.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #865 on: May 04, 2011, 11:38:47 AM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110504/NEWS25/105040319
Bobo family makes plea to public
"We're running leads and talking to people," John Mehr, special agent in charge of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation in Jackson, said Tuesday. "We're asking people to please call and give factual information, nothing that is rumor. I'm sure there are people who saw something out of the ordinary like a vehicle parked in the area between 5 and 8:30 a.m."
[/b]

That is a very exact and direct statement that might be interupted as they already have at minimum 1 other person who saw a vehicle in the area during that time frame.

So we know they have specific tire treads. They have her lunch purse, they have a phone call to Mom that then a location of the cell phone.  They have her brother seeing her go into the woods with another individual.  They have someone who is a neighbor to the general area report a woman's screams about the same time she was being taken, and there has been talk of duct tape found with blonde hair..but don't know if that was ever collaborated by LE.   

Are there any other factors or clues that we can list?

Gypsy:   Your list looks like pretty much what we have.  I would love to know details about the tire treads - are they treads from a car or 4-wheeler?  And the phone call - I amsure they could at least determine whether the call was from a cell phone or landline couldn't they? Was  the call to Holly's Mom to their landline?   Or a cell #?  These are things I'd liek to ponder on a while.

OT - I am having a problem when I reply to quotes, the lines keep jumping around and I can;t see what I am typing,  What in the world am I doing?  Could it possibly be a setting?

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #866 on: May 04, 2011, 11:43:18 AM »

"We're running leads and talking to people," John Mehr, special agent in charge of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation in Jackson, said Tuesday. "We're asking people to please call and give factual information, nothing that is rumor. I'm sure there are people who saw something out of the ordinary like a vehicle parked in the area between 5 and 8:30 a.m."
[/b]

That is a very exact and direct statement that might be interupted as they already have at minimum 1 other person who saw a vehicle in the area during that time frame.

So we know they have specific tire treads. They have her lunch purse, they have a phone call to Mom that then a location of the cell phone.  They have her brother seeing her go into the woods with another individual.  They have someone who is a neighbor to the general area report a woman's screams about the same time she was being taken, and there has been talk of duct tape found with blonde hair..but don't know if that was ever collaborated by LE.   

Gypsy:   Your list looks like pretty much what we have.  I would love to know details about the tire treads - are they treads from a car or 4-wheeler?  And the phone call - I amsure they could at least determine whether the call was from a cell phone or landline couldn't they? Was  the call to Holly's Mom to their landline?   Or a cell #?  These are things I'd liek to ponder on a while.

OT - I am having a problem when I reply to quotes, the lines keep jumping around and I can;t see what I am typing,  What in the world am I doing?  Could it possibly be a setting?

Kimmy..Internet Explorer 8 tends to make the pages do that.  Is that the browser you are using ? 

If so there is info on the forum of how to correct it..and also up by the top of your browser area there should be a page icon..sometimes looks like a sheet of paper..clicking on that often times will correct the problem.  Check out the Monkey Lounge area..I think that is where you will find info on computer problems and how to fix settings, etc.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #867 on: May 04, 2011, 11:44:46 AM »

[/b]

O/T Kim -you probably need to hit the "compatibilty button" to the left of "re-fresh", should clear it up!
Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #868 on: May 04, 2011, 11:48:59 AM »

[/b]

Kimmy..Internet Explorer 8 tends to make the pages do that.  Is that the browser you are using ? 

If so there is info on the forum of how to correct it..and also up by the top of your browser area there should be a page icon..sometimes looks like a sheet of paper..clicking on that often times will correct the problem.  Check out the Monkey Lounge area..I think that is where you will find info on computer problems and how to fix settings, etc.

Mine is doing that also it jumps and i cant get to the bottom of the page! Is there another internet explorere we should download!
Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #869 on: May 04, 2011, 11:52:35 AM »

It was not only TBI Director Mark Gwyn who has stated to media that nobody has been ruled out as suspect.  TBI Spokeswoman Kristen Helm states likewise in her April 17th press conference.

Does anybody have the audio/video of this press conference.  I found it yesterday but forgot to save the link.

Thanks

Janet

+++++

April 17th - TBI spokeswoman - Kristin Helm

Search expanded for abducted West Tenn. woman
Updated Sunday, April 17th, 2011

<snipped>

Helm said authorities decided today not to eliminate anyone from a potential list of suspects, including Bobo's 25-year-old brother, Clint, who was present at the time of the attack, and her boyfriend, both previously ruled out.

<snip

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/apr/17/search-expanded-abducted-west-tenn-woman/

I personally think it would be foolish of LE and TBI to rule anyone at when they do not even know what has happened to her JMO
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #870 on: May 04, 2011, 11:57:32 AM »

Kimmy

The following step-by-step instructions were afforded to me when I had the "jumping" problem.

Janet

+++++

wreck
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #832 4/22/10 - 6/2/10
« Reply #705 on: May 17, 2010, 01:46:40 AM »

In IE8 - go to "TOOLS" - scroll down to "Compatibility View Settings". Click on it and a box will pop up --the put a checkmark in "Display all websites in comptibility view"

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7363.msg1134689#msg1134689

_____

Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #871 on: May 04, 2011, 12:01:56 PM »

Kimmy

The following step-by-step instructions were afforded to me when I had the "jumping" problem.

Janet

+++++

wreck

In IE8 - go to "TOOLS" - scroll down to "Compatibility View Settings". Click on it and a box will pop up --the put a checkmark in "Display all websites in comptibility view"

Thanks soooo much it was getting annoying lol
yayayaya its fixed

Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #872 on: May 04, 2011, 12:08:28 PM »

Kimmy

Janet

+++++

wreck

Woot Woot!  That fixed it!  Thank you all for your replies!  You are all such smart monkeys! 

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #873 on: May 04, 2011, 12:23:05 PM »

Kimmy

Janet

+++++

wreck

Woot Woot!  That fixed it!  Thank you all for your replies!  You are all such smart monkeys! 

So glad you asked about this!  I didn't even have enough sense to know I had a problem...LOL
Ooohhhh...so much better now!
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #874 on: May 04, 2011, 12:42:25 PM »

I went back to the very first thread and was reading from the beginning...
\
There was a report that a car, her cell phone & cammo clothing were found, then it was changed to just the lunch purse...

What are your ideas on this?  Was this in fact a rumor that was run away with, or could TBI possibly be in possession of these items but want it kept quiet?

Here is the page on SM where it was discussed. I don't know what to think about it.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9775.40

Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #875 on: May 04, 2011, 12:49:48 PM »

\
There was a report that a car, her cell phone & cammo clothing were found, then it was changed to just the lunch purse...

What are your ideas on this?  Was this in fact a rumor that was run away with, or could TBI possibly be in possession of these items but want it kept quiet?

Here is the page on SM where it was discussed. I don't know what to think about it.

From what i understand and i heard it on the decatur co police scanner they had found a car but  i  heard info it was a hunters car
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #876 on: May 04, 2011, 12:57:48 PM »

\

From what i understand and i heard it on the decatur co police scanner they had found a car but  i  heard info it was a hunters car

Thank you Eileen...that makes sense. 

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #877 on: May 04, 2011, 01:35:53 PM »

I am in touch with several insiders to this case, and that would include family.

Clint and Drew are absolutely never going to be POI in this case, and while I appreciate folks thinking outside of the box, and it is important to evaluate all angles, so is evaluating where the evidence leads even if it conflicts with an early theory.

Again respectfully, wouldn't one have to actually speak publicly twice to determine if in fact any statements changed?

Anything else would be subjective opinions based on someone else's interpretation

Puzzler

Both Blink and Capp have taken a firm position that implies Drew and Clint are not involved in wrongdoing encompassing the disappearance of Holly and ... the implication is that they are in the know.

I have documented (over and over again) that Clint's changing stories revealed by TBI investigators causes me to speculate that the abduction of Holly never happened.  In other words ... the possibility of Drew's involvement is a non-issue.

However ... for now ... I am giving Blink and Capp the benefit of the doubt that inside information they claim to possess directs suspicion away from Holly's brother and boyfriend.

Janet

Janet,

I've always given both Blink and Capp the benefit of the doubt and was appreciative of Capp answering my question (see Reply 781 - last sentence) and informing us that she has gotten off-the record official word that Holly's brother and boyfriend are not and will not be under LE's radar.

We know Blink and Capp....it's just every now and then you want a little more "solid" confirmation (after being told so many times that they can't tell us x,y,z).  I understand confidentiality issues.

I understand when someone says they can't give further details. 

I also understand that one doesn't have to disclose details and too much information, while at the same time telling something definate: i.e., Capp - said "yes", she got official information off-the-record.  That's all I need to know...I don't need to know further details and certainly don't want Capp to get into any trouble.

Again...thank you, Capp, for giving us something "solid" to accept.

Puzzler

Puzzler

I respectfully disagree my friend.

If LE can share with those outside the investigation that Clint and Drew continue to be ruled out as persons of interest in the Holly Bobo case and ... the focus of suspicion is directed elsewhere ... then LE can call a press conference and share this revelation rather than outright lying to the public.

It is all so unprofessional.

IMO

Janet

++++++

TBI Director Mark Gwyn

Official: No one cleared in woman’s abduction
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:05 pm
SHEILA BURKE
Associated Press

<snipped>

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director Mark Gwyn asked the public for help Monday, urging them to think about any strange behavior from people they know since Bobo disappeared on Wednesday.

Law enforcement officials said last week that Bobo’s brother and boyfriend were not suspects but Gwyn told The Associated Press that the TBI hasn’t cleared anyone, “no matter what their relationship” is to the victim.

Bobo’s brother told police that he saw his sister being led into the woods by a man dressed in camouflage. He called police after seeing blood outside the family home near Parsons.

http://www.nwtntoday.com/news.php?viewStory=55103

http://www.wtva.com/mostpopular/story/Official-No-one-cleared-in-TN-womans-abduction/cvl-3cGqqEu2Rc3bFGzm8w.cspx

Janet,

I hear you. 

I accept that Capp has been told information by LE off the record.

That LE would do that, tell information off the record that they won't share with the public is a "different thing" IMO.

Puzzler

What is confusing is that TBI Director Mark Gwyn states the contrary to the media.

It does not make sense.  There are not two truths.  Either Clint and Drew have been ruled out as suspects of they have not.

Janet

Again...I hear you.  It has been and is confusing. 

I agree: there is only "one" truth.  (always and forever - it's a given: there can only be one truth)

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #878 on: May 04, 2011, 01:46:28 PM »

Hear! Hear!

Toy - keep posting about Southern ways - it's important wrt this case and a girl going missing from a small, rural Tennessee home...very important to be able to "read" the folks speak and what it means and how they're raised. 

We even heard the Sheriff speak of "big city" crimes coming to rural areas...."big city" and "rural" act and speak differently...they just do.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #879 on: May 04, 2011, 01:57:48 PM »

I don't know about other posters, but to me...when we're in a case for some time and then things start getting confusing - it's because IT IS confusing.  (and that does not bode well for the case, IMO)

I can't "rationalize" something that IS definately confusing.  There can only be "one" truth and I think we all understand that...in the end, the one truth will evolve (unless the case is never solved).

At this point, I have no choice but to accept that this case is confusing, which bothers me greatly that the case is becoming more confusing, instead of become more clear. 

I don't know "why" an LEO would make an off-the-record comment about who and who is not guilty, while at the same time top TBI (and representatives thereof) are making public statements that NO ONE is being cleared.

What I can do is to read all posts and make up my mind as to how I feel based on gleaning information I can from all avenues to make that judgement.

It is what it is....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.