March 28, 2024, 06:23:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #2 4/25/11 - 5/04/11  (Read 320627 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #920 on: May 04, 2011, 05:46:05 PM »

Okay, so Janet has got me thinking. . . .

What is there in the published scenario that caused Clint to realize that a crime had occurred:

Clint heard no screams, he recognized the guy talking to Holly, he observed her being led and not dragged, blood in driveway (flecks) described and not enough to indicate emergency.

So what happened?!

If we accept that Clint is not now and will  never be a POI, can we speculate that someone else was there?  Someone known to Clint?  And that something else happened that caused him to become alarmed?

Can we speculate that Clint knows or observed more than has been publicly released?  That the community as large is not in danger because this family was targeted for a specific reason?

Why was TBI called in so quickly?

Just thinking out loud . . . .

A's Fever

Clint's original account revealed in a TBI news release makes more sense when you consider the 911 call.  However ... the original account "drug across the carport" raised questions on the forum.  Why did Clint not attempt to assist his sister?  Why was there a time lapse between the neighbour's 911 call ... the neighbour who heard screams and Clint's 911 call?

Janet

+++++

ORIGINAL ACCOUNT - APRIL 13TH

TBI MEDIA RELEASE: DRAGGED ACROSS THE CARPORT TOWARDS THE WOODS

MEDIA RELEASE
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                       CONTACT: KRISTIN HELM
APRIL 13, 2011                                                     OFFICE: 615.744.4087 (OFFICE)
                                                                          EMAIL: KRISTIN.HELM@TN.GOV

MISSING WOMAN FEARED TO BE VICTIM OF HOME INVASION KIDNAPPING

Nashville, Tenn. - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Decatur County Sheriff’s Office are actively looking for leads in a possible home invasion and abduction of a 20-year-old Darden, Tenn. woman from her home this morning.

Holly Bobo was last seen by a family member being drug across the carport of her home on Swan Johnson Road toward a wooded area by a man wearing camouflage clothing. Holly is 5’3”, weighs 110 pounds and was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans at approximately 7:30 am. The TBI’s Violent Crime Response Team is responding to gather evidence at the scene. Currently, there is no vehicle information available. Anyone with information in the whereabouts of Holly Bobo is urged to call the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/documents/MissingWomanFearedVictimofHomeInvasionKidnapping.pdf

REVISED ACCOUNT - APRIL 16TH

TBI SPOKESPERSON:  SHE WALKED INTO THE WOODS; NOT FORCEFULLY DRAGGED

Holly Bobo ‘In Fear of Her Life’
April 16, 2011

Holly Bobo, 20, was confronted Wednesday by a man in hunting camouflage who forced her to go with him into the woods, said John Mehr, spokesman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

“What we believe, and I’ll tell you he actually had an arm holding her and so we feel that she knew that she was in fear of her life so she was complying with his commands,” he told a news conference.

Mehr said investigators “did not see drag marks.” He added she was “not forcefully dragged and she’s like any other victim, maybe complying with her attacker, but she walked into the woods” outside her Pasrons, Tenn. home.

Bobo’s 25-year-old brother Clint watched from inside the home, but did not believe she was being abducted until later. He saw the stranger from behind and believed it was his sister’s boyfriend.

Her brother, said Mehr, “had reasons to believe [the man] was not an attacker,” and did not call 911 until he saw blood outside.

http://www.asapnewsnetwork.com/holly-bobo-in-fear-of-her-life/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #921 on: May 04, 2011, 05:46:27 PM »

A Scenario

From behind I observe my hubby's 19 year old great-niece and who I perceive as her longtime boyfriend walking down the driveway ... away from my home.  A short time later I spot a small amount of blood on the driveway.

1.  Would I immediately become alarmed?  No.

2.  Would I immediately suspect niece's longtime boyfriend of abducting her/causing her harm?  No.

3.  Would I immediately contact niece's parents? No.

4.  Would I immediately call 911? No.

5.  Would I immediately attempt to contact niece on her cell for an explanation re the small amount of blood?  Maybe.  Maybe not.

I love this young lady dearly but ... it would a long while before I would have any concern for her well-being and proceeded to do all of the above..

Janet

If Holly was led into the woods, not dragged, by someone he seemed to recognize, then what caused Clint to call the police?

been wondering the same thing

i had asked in my post
here
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?board=80.0

if  clint could have knew or didnt know, if the surrounding land,was allowed to be hunted on
the fact holly was led off the bobo property,onto someone else's property, and not a pk would
have been a concern for me, unless it is common practice to shortcut on other folks property.
and in the pic, i questioned which way she could have went in to the wood,with the man, through
the two big trees or down the driveway some
IDK the lack of info of exactly what clint said,he saw is the problem, and is causing the speculation i guess

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #922 on: May 04, 2011, 06:04:11 PM »

What is there in the published scenario that caused Clint to realize that a crime had occurred:

Clint heard no screams, he recognized the guy talking to Holly, he observed her being led and not dragged, blood in driveway (flecks) described and not enough to indicate emergency.

So what happened?!

If we accept that Clint is not now and will  never be a POI, can we speculate that someone else was there?  Someone known to Clint?  And that something else happened that caused him to become alarmed?

Can we speculate that Clint knows or observed more than has been publicly released?  That the community as large is not in danger because this family was targeted for a specific reason?

One key thing that has been disclosed is that her car was still parked at the house when her family knew she was leaving to go to school & had a test that day.

TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #923 on: May 04, 2011, 06:06:42 PM »

Totally personal thought but I think since he wasn't alarmed at what he thought was something normal happening, he probably went on with his own regular morning routine of getting ready to leave for the day.  I think the neighbor's call about the scream started his uneasiness and then when he saw her car still there, the fear kicked in that something had happened to his sister. I think he was shook to the core when he saw her car was still there.  I've always thought he merely glanced outward and saw the guy in camo. Since he assumed it was her boyfriend, I don't think he stood there staring intently but rather continued preparing for his day. I think the panic and alarm didn't fully register until he saw her car still unexpectedly still there. I think that's the extent of his first-hand witness and why he hasn't been able to contribute more to the scenario.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #924 on: May 04, 2011, 06:08:52 PM »

ORIGINAL ACCOUNT - APRIL 13TH

TBI MEDIA RELEASE: DRAGGED ACROSS THE CARPORT TOWARDS THE WOODS

MEDIA RELEASE
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                       CONTACT: KRISTIN HELM
APRIL 13, 2011                                                     OFFICE: 615.744.4087 (OFFICE)
                                                                          EMAIL: KRISTIN.HELM@TN.GOV

MISSING WOMAN FEARED TO BE VICTIM OF HOME INVASION KIDNAPPING

Nashville, Tenn. - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Decatur County Sheriff’s Office are actively looking for leads in a possible home invasion and abduction of a 20-year-old Darden, Tenn. woman from her home this morning.

Holly Bobo was last seen by a family member being drug across the carport of her home on Swan Johnson Road toward a wooded area by a man wearing camouflage clothing. Holly is 5’3”, weighs 110 pounds and was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans at approximately 7:30 am. The TBI’s Violent Crime Response Team is responding to gather evidence at the scene. Currently, there is no vehicle information available. Anyone with information in the whereabouts of Holly Bobo is urged to call the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/documents/MissingWomanFearedVictimofHomeInvasionKidnapping.pdf

<snipped by Tamikosmom>

When I consider all the Law Enforcement agencies who responded to Clint's 911 call on April 13th ... it makes sense that the original account ..."drug across the carport" ... revealed on TBI's April 13th Media Release is what caused all the activity ... not a small amount of blood that was deemed by TBI not to be life threatening.

Janet

++++

APRIL 13, 2011

Authorities: 20-Year-Old Woman May Have Been Abducted
Posted: Apr 13, 2011 9:38 AM PDT
Updated: Apr 13, 2011 7:33 PM PDT

DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn. - A massive search is underway for a missing Decatur County woman. Investigators believe 20-year-old Holly Bobo was abducted from her home on Wednesday morning.

Investigators said it happened on Swan Johnson Road in Darden around 7:30 a.m. Her brother told police that a man wearing camouflage grabbed the young woman, dragged her across her carport and pulled her into some nearby woods.

Authorities said Holly Bobo was on her way to school. She is a student at the UT Martin campus.

Authorities are now searching the area. The sheriff said they've been searching a five mile square radius on the ground and by air, but have yet to come up with anything.

Hundreds of people from the community have come out to help in the effort. 

Volunteers have been out on horseback, on four wheelers, even on foot doing all they can to find this young woman.

<snipped>

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14438754/authorities-20-year-old-woman-may-have-been-abducted?clienttype=printable

JS Video: Sheriff Wyatt - Kidnapping

Sheriff Wyatt talks about the search for Holly Bobo on April 13, 2011. Bobo was kidnapped from her home as she left for school that morning.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/VideoNetwork/903287890001/JS-Video-Sheriff-Wyatt-Kidnapping

Holly Bobo Abduction: Week-in-review
Wed., April 13, Day 1: Recap from Decatur County Sheriff

<snipped>

There were questions as to why so many law enforcement agencies, including federal agents from the FBI and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI), became involved in Holly’s case on day one. Sheriff Wyatt said they were taking every precaution that they knew to take.

“At this time,” he said, “whatever it might be, then that’s what we’re trying to prepare for.”

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-abduction-week-review\

http://www.jacksonsun.com/VideoNetwork/903287890001/JS-Video-Sheriff-Wyatt-Kidnapping

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #925 on: May 04, 2011, 06:09:55 PM »

So what happened?!

One key thing that has been disclosed is that her car was still parked at the house when her family knew she was leaving to go to school & had a test that day.

So it was some amount of time after he saw her being taken before he got concerned or maybe went out to leave for work and noticed her car still there?
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #926 on: May 04, 2011, 06:11:02 PM »

Which, by the way, correlates with why I think he called her boyfriend.  He had been so confident that who he saw in a glance was her boyfriend, that he was puzzled as to why her car was still there.  Thankfully, he did investigate at that point.  Otherwise it could have been much later that the abduction became known.  Her brother could have just assumed that her car wouldn't start and that her boyfriend had come by to take her to school or that if her boyfriend had been hunting in the woods nearby, they went for a bite to eat before her class.  None of this seems weird to me at all...

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #927 on: May 04, 2011, 06:17:31 PM »

Totally personal thought but I think since he wasn't alarmed at what he thought was something normal happening, he probably went on with his own regular morning routine of getting ready to leave for the day.  I think the neighbor's call about the scream started his uneasiness and then when he saw her car still there, the fear kicked in that something had happened to his sister. I think he was shook to the core when he saw her car was still there.  I've always thought he merely glanced outward and saw the guy in camo. Since he assumed it was her boyfriend, I don't think he stood there staring intently but rather continued preparing for his day. I think the panic and alarm didn't fully register until he saw her car still unexpectedly still there. I think that's the extent of his first-hand witness and why he hasn't been able to contribute more to the scenario.

Did Clint know about the scream?  I may have to re-read, but I thought the scream was reported to the authorities, but I may be wrong.  Certainly if he heard his sister screaming that would be cause to call 911, but I don't think it was reported that way.

And regarding the car,  a car left in the driveway on the day of a test is not necessarily reason to call 911, unless there are other extenuating circumstances.  Plans change, people catch rides with friends, etc.  Speaking for myself only, with my children I don't think I would call 911 immediately if a car was left, but I would be on the phone trying to reach them or their friends.  I can't really see a brother doing that though.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #928 on: May 04, 2011, 06:19:00 PM »

Do we know when Clint called 911?  I always assumed the implication was immediately, sometime around 7:30, but maybe it was later, after he realized a number of things were wrong?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #929 on: May 04, 2011, 06:21:16 PM »

Sometimes it's good to go back to the first thread (we are only on the second, heading for the third) and read again.  I see a lot of questions that are being asked that were covered in news articles and discussed previously.  I could answer some of the questions, but then I would feel I need to go back and find the article and link, which takes a lot of time. 
Link to the first thread:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9775.0

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #930 on: May 04, 2011, 06:21:48 PM »

Now here is another what if!

What if Clint hurt her she screams he does not realize the neighbor has heard the scream
maybe he hides her and tosses the lunch thingy. next thing mom is calling and he makes up this story that he saw her with this guy in camo dragging her intt the woods mom says call 911  neighbor has already called 911 he dosent realize he left blood in the drive...

This is just a scenario if the brother was involved somehow...

Heck i dont know I have no idea who did this but id sure love to know..
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #931 on: May 04, 2011, 06:22:55 PM »

lets just chalk it up to im a city kid,but why would you walk or hunt across private property
and thats ok with the owners, and thats some timeing for the BF to just happen by,when
holly is leaving,and nothing is thought about that, maybe since clint thought it was holly BF
and the BF car wasnt there,when clint thought it should be,he then made calls to see what
was happening,and no answer on holly phone, clint calls the BF phone,and the BF tells clint
nope not me,so then clint gets worried

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #932 on: May 04, 2011, 06:23:14 PM »

Now here is another what if!

What if Clint hurt her she screams he does not realize the neighbor has heard the scream
maybe he hides her and tosses the lunch thingy. next thing mom is calling and he makes up this story that he saw her with this guy in camo dragging her intt the woods mom says call 911  neighbor has already called 911 he dosent realize he left blood in the drive...

This is just a scenario if the brother was involved somehow...

Heck i dont know I have no idea who did this but id sure love to know..

Oh one more thing  he could have gone to work and no one would have missd her till she never came home from school like Kyron.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #933 on: May 04, 2011, 06:23:51 PM »

Did Clint know about the scream?  I may have to re-read, but I thought the scream was reported to the authorities, but I may be wrong.  Certainly if he heard his sister screaming that would be cause to call 911, but I don't think it was reported that way.

And regarding the car,  a car left in the driveway on the day of a test is not necessarily reason to call 911, unless there are other extenuating circumstances.  Plans change, people catch rides with friends, etc.  Speaking for myself only, with my children I don't think I would call 911 immediately if a car was left, but I would be on the phone trying to reach them or their friends.  I can't really see a brother doing that though.

We are talking about a 30 minute span.  Sheriff Wyatt stated that LE arrived at 8:00 AM.

I could appreciate that a brother maybe thinking when he observed the vehicle still in the carport that his adult sister was going to be late for her exam if she didn't return soon from her walk in the woods with her boyfriend but ... not call 911.

IMO

Janet

_____

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #934 on: May 04, 2011, 06:24:05 PM »

Do we know when Clint called 911?  I always assumed the implication was immediately, sometime around 7:30, but maybe it was later, after he realized a number of things were wrong?

Do you know if there is a log of a call to Holly....that seems like it would be first before a call to the boyfriend?
Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #935 on: May 04, 2011, 06:25:01 PM »

I thought it was later then that like 8 30 or somewhere aroudnd then!
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #936 on: May 04, 2011, 06:29:36 PM »

Which, by the way, correlates with why I think he called her boyfriend.  He had been so confident that who he saw in a glance was her boyfriend, that he was puzzled as to why her car was still there.  Thankfully, he did investigate at that point.  Otherwise it could have been much later that the abduction became known.  Her brother could have just assumed that her car wouldn't start and that her boyfriend had come by to take her to school or that if her boyfriend had been hunting in the woods nearby, they went for a bite to eat before her class.  None of this seems weird to me at all...

I would say it was enough for him to check on her whereabouts.  Speaking from a personal point of view I would have questioned why her car was still there knowing where she was heading to as well.   Given the description of how an individual was dressed from a distance (exactly how far we dont know) being mistaken as to who was with her or who one would expect it to be given their daily habits, relationships, hobbies and such in this area I'm not sure I would personally be alarmed unless I saw roughness, obvious arguing or worse yet violence occurring.

Mizjay, its a factor.

Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #937 on: May 04, 2011, 06:29:55 PM »

I thought it was later then that like 8 30 or somewhere aroudnd then!

Here is a link at the bottom they tried to do a timeline lol good luck it says 7 30 750
8am etc every one has a diff time

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/holly-bobo-timeline/
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #938 on: May 04, 2011, 06:31:17 PM »

Do you know if there is a log of a call to Holly....that seems like it would be first before a call to the boyfriend?

I agree.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #939 on: May 04, 2011, 06:35:24 PM »

According to TBI's April 16th revised account of Clint's version of events ... it was the blood that was the catalyst for the 911 call.  Apparently Clint was not concerned up until that point.

Janet

+++++

Holly Bobo ‘In Fear of Her Life’
April 16, 2011

Holly Bobo, 20, was confronted Wednesday by a man in hunting camouflage who forced her to go with him into the woods, said John Mehr, spokesman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

“What we believe, and I’ll tell you he actually had an arm holding her and so we feel that she knew that she was in fear of her life so she was complying with his commands,” he told a news conference.

Mehr said investigators “did not see drag marks.” He added she was “not forcefully dragged and she’s like any other victim, maybe complying with her attacker, but she walked into the woods” outside her Pasrons, Tenn. home.

Bobo’s 25-year-old brother Clint watched from inside the home, but did not believe she was being abducted until later. He saw the stranger from behind and believed it was his sister’s boyfriend.

Her brother, said Mehr, “had reasons to believe [the man] was not an attacker,” and did not call 911 until he saw blood outside.

http://www.asapnewsnetwork.com/holly-bobo-in-fear-of-her-life/

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.