March 28, 2024, 05:33:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #3 5/04/11 - 8/09/11  (Read 435897 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: May 07, 2011, 01:39:27 PM »

Are we allowed to post other info on BB and his family at this point? 

I'll speak for myself I think it is inappropriate considering there is nothing indicating they should be called into question nor have previous criminal records OR have been named as persons of interest that LE is speaking to.   If it were me that were friends with parties involved in a case such as this & I had no involvement whatsoever I would be furious if random people just plastered my personal & family info all over the place, especially with an implication in mind.

Case in point,  Im on Derek's page too

although LE has POI's they will not release info. I am sure it is because they are trying to build a case. If I were told here NOT to post about anything re this case that was brought up I would not. I mentioned because it is connected to what someone else posts I will not.  I do not think the bobos or scotts are invloved.  One can only speculate on what is said out there.

So if we are NOT allowed to discuss what is said (bad things re Blake) on other sites which I did not post.. then ok. The people posting it as facts however can be sued I know this for a fact.

We can post as rumors, and I have on occasion posted something said elsewhere as "rumor."   I'm just saying that I personally am cautious about extending it further & without something more concrete than a rumor I wouldnt post other individuals personal or family info....again, that's just me not a rule.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: May 07, 2011, 02:06:01 PM »

I post stuff all the time that is posted at other sites with a link back to the origin and usually with a comment of FWIW.   I don't have a problem with posting stuff that is posted in other places about people that may or may not be involved in cases as long as it's clear that it's something you saw, you post a link back to the origin and you aren't trying to portray it as fact.

LE has made it clear that they believe the perp is someone IN the community so don't we have to look at everyone?  We may not want to post everything we find out but questioning things is not disallowed here.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #162 on: May 07, 2011, 02:19:59 PM »

DESCRIPTION CHANGE

April 13th - FBI Media Release

THE FBI - FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATIONS

HOLLY LYNN BOBO

Darden, Tennessee

Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.

Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

May 4th - TBI Agen John Mehr

Family of Holly Bobo Thanks Volunteers, Urges Continued Search
TBI Updates Suspect Information
6:28 p.m. CDT, May 4, 2011

-snipped-

TBI agent John Mehr told News Channel 3 the man believed to have taken Holly from her Darden home on April 13 is 5'10" to 6'1" and between 200 and 220 lbs.

-snipped-

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bobo-three-weeks-later,0,1587938.story?track=rss

Maybe it's just me..but those two descritptions aren't that different considering the man was at a distance, wearing camo gear.  I mean 5'8" to 6' vs 5'10" to 6'1"..just isn't a big difference..and 200lbs vs 200-220?  That just isn't that much of a difference when your talking viewing someone from a distance. 

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: May 07, 2011, 02:24:05 PM »

Does anyone have any more info on Blake?  I have heard it mentioned that there was an ex boyfriend, or 2nd ex (still not clear if Drew was a current or ex)...and that there might have been a restraining order against an ex.  From the looks of his facebook page, he wasnt in the best mood the days before Holly disappeared, and he also looks to be friends with Derek Scott (Drew's brother)......

Drew is her current boyfriend.   Blake is friends with Derek, yes. 

Capp,

The buzz on internet is Blake is cousins with Jake Myracle (from prominent family that built Parsons). Also that 3 friends are involved in taking Holly (NOT saying any of these guys are) just that they are mentioned A lot. One by last name of Dodd, never a first name but I've seen it around. Do you know if any of this rings true or more rumors? I have read from different sites people saying they know the Bobo family and One guy involved is feminine wants to fit in and his family knows he's involved. And he has some mental issues that is a neighbor of Bobos?
   I read the same story on topix comment section and violation.

It is very weird Blake has a pic of him and Holly but does not mention her. And odd Derek is friends with him. Unless he's trying to get info?

Star, in speaking to people while there & since none of this was the topic of discussion.   I do not think it is weird that friends are putting up pictures of Holly or themselves with Holly, Ive seen a few of her female friends/acquaintances doing the same on FB.   Did the rumor mill turn Todd to Dodd?  OMG, people are even gossiping about a guy being feminine & somehow associating that he wants to fit in so badly that he would do something like this, no even if that was apparent that wouldnt be the reason a person would bring themselves to do that more than a deeper underlying psychological issue.  Is that rumor being said to indicate that anyone beyond a heterosexual orientation is capable of abduction, even murder?   Unless something more specific comes out from LE I think that particular rumor appears reckless & prejudicial.   I'm not saying its not possible but right now it just appears as ugly talk. 

While I feel that LE needs to follow every lead & talk to everyone that knows Holly & her family, at the same time that doesnt necessarily mean that they all fall into the category of becoming persons of interest (not a legal term) or suspects.  Please do not misunderstand my comment as dismissing possibilities, all I'm saying is there is no confirmed merit to what can only be deemed as gossip at the moment.

All I'm seeing on this topix thread is gossip & some of it potentially being very harmful to individuals.   I wouldnt be surprised if quite a few families retain an attorney to deal with how harmfully they are being gossiped about or harassed.   Again, this is just my own personal opinion & never intended to sound curt, inconsiderate of other's opinions or any other negative intention.

Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #164 on: May 07, 2011, 02:40:55 PM »

Does anyone have any more info on Blake?  I have heard it mentioned that there was an ex boyfriend, or 2nd ex (still not clear if Drew was a current or ex)...and that there might have been a restraining order against an ex.  From the looks of his facebook page, he wasnt in the best mood the days before Holly disappeared, and he also looks to be friends with Derek Scott (Drew's brother)......

Even after Holly went missing things were not going to good for him i did see he was talking to Derek but that seems to have ended.  He actually sounded suicidal to me.
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #165 on: May 07, 2011, 02:41:43 PM »

I post stuff all the time that is posted at other sites with a link back to the origin and usually with a comment of FWIW.   I don't have a problem with posting stuff that is posted in other places about people that may or may not be involved in cases as long as it's clear that it's something you saw, you post a link back to the origin and you aren't trying to portray it as fact.

LE has made it clear that they believe the perp is someone IN the community so don't we have to look at everyone?  We may not want to post everything we find out but questioning things is not disallowed here.

Hi Klass thanks for the response - I wanted to make sure I was following the rules correctly. Smile
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #166 on: May 07, 2011, 02:50:29 PM »

I'll speak for myself I think it is inappropriate considering there is nothing indicating they should be called into question nor have previous criminal records OR have been named as persons of interest that LE is speaking to.   If it were me that were friends with parties involved in a case such as this & I had no involvement whatsoever I would be furious if random people just plastered my personal & family info all over the place, especially with an implication in mind.

although LE has POI's they will not release info. I am sure it is because they are trying to build a case. If I were told here NOT to post about anything re this case that was brought up I would not. I mentioned because it is connected to what someone else posts I will not.  I do not think the bobos or scotts are invloved.  One can only speculate on what is said out there.

So if we are NOT allowed to discuss what is said (bad things re Blake) on other sites which I did not post.. then ok. The people posting it as facts however can be sued I know this for a fact.

We can post as rumors, and I have on occasion posted something said elsewhere as "rumor."   I'm just saying that I personally am cautious about extending it further & without something more concrete than a rumor I wouldnt post other individuals personal or family info....again, that's just me not a rule.

Capp,

I didnt take it that way at all and hope you didnt take it that way from me either. Smile
  I am not one to spread rumors at all. I used to be tied to alot of sources myself in other cases but not anymore as they got too deep for me to handle honestly. I like Facts only, dont like talking bad about anyone or getting it strung along or turned into something else. This case really breaks my heart and I hope they find Holly Alive. I hope you understand I am very curious as to if the rumors are true about the few individuals and what all was said. That gives me more hope she may be alive other than if Nickells took her than she would not be. I dont know what the truth is... But Im sure everyone wants to know what kind of hope to hold onto. I hope she is found and those responsible are convicted to the highest degree & that ties they MAY have ~ do not get them off so easily.

God Bless the Bobo's and all that are suffering because of this horrible crime someone committed.
Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #167 on: May 07, 2011, 02:56:29 PM »

Just because a guy has his pic take with a girl does not mean they are going out.
I think Blake was a friend and reading his fb he seems very upset. He knows ppl are talking
about him and hes even said some things about doing something to himself.  He has a nice family and i hate to think this kid would harm himself because of ppl talking
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: May 07, 2011, 03:07:51 PM »

Capp,

I didnt take it that way at all and hope you didnt take it that way from me either. Smile
  I am not one to spread rumors at all. I used to be tied to alot of sources myself in other cases but not anymore as they got too deep for me to handle honestly. I like Facts only, dont like talking bad about anyone or getting it strung along or turned into something else. This case really breaks my heart and I hope they find Holly Alive. I hope you understand I am very curious as to if the rumors are true about the few individuals and what all was said. That gives me more hope she may be alive other than if Nickells took her than she would not be. I dont know what the truth is... But Im sure everyone wants to know what kind of hope to hold onto. I hope she is found and those responsible are convicted to the highest degree & that ties they MAY have ~ do not get them off so easily.

God Bless the Bobo's and all that are suffering because of this horrible crime someone committed.

I didnt sweetie & I know.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: May 07, 2011, 03:23:47 PM »

Just because a guy has his pic take with a girl does not mean they are going out.
I think Blake was a friend and reading his fb he seems very upset. He knows ppl are talking
about him and hes even said some things about doing something to himself.  He has a nice family and i hate to think this kid would harm himself because of ppl talking

Nothing for nothing its clear that he and others are tired of people gossiping & I make statements like "kill me now" in gist at times when I'm having a bad day or dealing with something ridiculous absorbing too much of time or concern...its just a phrase.   If there were several comments of that nature or something significant attached to it  then it might raise a red flag...IMHO not seeing it.

I agree, its a difficult time for Holly & Drew's families and as we can see extended friends and the community.   

Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2011, 03:51:54 PM »

Nothing for nothing its clear that he and others are tired of people gossiping & I make statements like "kill me now" in gist at times when I'm having a bad day or dealing with something ridiculous absorbing too much of time or concern...its just a phrase.   If there were several comments of that nature or something significant attached to it  then it might raise a red flag...IMHO not seeing it.

I agree, its a difficult time for Holly & Drew's families and as we can see extended friends and the community.   

I understand what your saying I would just hate to see another tragedy come out of this tragedy.
I dont think any of these kids had anything to do with this.  I think the guy is older
more calculated JMO
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2011, 03:58:23 PM »

Me too Eileen

StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #172 on: May 07, 2011, 05:12:33 PM »

Capp,

The buzz on internet is Blake is cousins with Jake Myracle (from prominent family that built Parsons). Also that 3 friends are involved in taking Holly (NOT saying any of these guys are) just that they are mentioned A lot. One by last name of Dodd, never a first name but I've seen it around. Do you know if any of this rings true or more rumors? I have read from different sites people saying they know the Bobo family and One guy involved is feminine wants to fit in and his family knows he's involved. And he has some mental issues that is a neighbor of Bobos?

It is very weird Blake has a pic of him and Holly but does not mention her. And odd Derek is friends with him. Unless he's trying to get info?

Star, in speaking to people while there & since none of this was the topic of discussion.   I do not think it is weird that friends are putting up pictures of Holly or themselves with Holly, Ive seen a few of her female friends/acquaintances doing the same on FB.   Did the rumor mill turn Todd to Dodd?  OMG, people are even gossiping about a guy being feminine & somehow associating that he wants to fit in so badly that he would do something like this, no even if that was apparent that wouldnt be the reason a person would bring themselves to do that more than a deeper underlying psychological issue.  Is that rumor being said to indicate that anyone beyond a heterosexual orientation is capable of abduction, even murder?   Unless something more specific comes out from LE I think that particular rumor appears reckless & prejudicial.   I'm not saying its not possible but right now it just appears as ugly talk. 

While I feel that LE needs to follow every lead & talk to everyone that knows Holly & her family, at the same time that doesnt necessarily mean that they all fall into the category of becoming persons of interest (not a legal term) or suspects.  Please do not misunderstand my comment as dismissing possibilities, all I'm saying is there is no confirmed merit to what can only be deemed as gossip at the moment.

All I'm seeing on this topix thread is gossip & some of it potentially being very harmful to individuals.   I wouldnt be surprised if quite a few families retain an attorney to deal with how harmfully they are being gossiped about or harassed.   Again, this is just my own personal opinion & never intended to sound curt, inconsiderate of other's opinions or any other negative intention.

Hey Capp,

I do believe its not too farfetched for someone to get the Dodd name correct- not rumors and gossip changing to dodd from todd. But could be you never know.

However there is a Dodd Family in Parsons.

One named Andrew Dodd 19 yrs Swinger from parsons- looks like hes in GA now- his friends are tied to Holly- Jon Dodd- Barbie Hickerson- Blake Hickerson who had problems from LE re his facebook Notes bad mouthing them.seems he is in AL or maybe not-
 however here is Andrew DODDS Myspace...

http://www.myspace.com/andrew.dodd
marina
Scared Monkey

« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2011, 05:39:08 PM »

As you said, since LE has stated that it is someone in the community, familiar with the family....and they have made it clear that (at least publicly) nobody has been cleared, then I agree that everyone should be looked at. 

Im sure LE knows who is involved, but most of us do not know that information.....so in an effort to look at clues and try to figure things out (I think that is why many of us are here....) we will of course mention, bring up or ask questions about individuals that are in the community and know Holly.

I dont think it is accusatory or starting rumors....and I would hope every male in that community would expect to be looked at on some level....and know it is just what needs to be done in order to rule people out and identify the real perp(s). 

Still not sure if there was an ex with a RO out...and if so, who that is......
marina
Scared Monkey

« Reply #174 on: May 07, 2011, 06:06:30 PM »

And....the more I think about this case...the more I feel like it's from the Twilight Zone.

It starts out as the abduction of a pretty young girl in a small town......and early on it seems that LE knows who it is, but perhaps the person is from a prominent family, or for some reason people just cant come out and say who it is, EVEN THOUGH LE HAS MADE IT CLEAR it is most likely someone in the community.....kinda creepy.....

and then.....it's like even on forums, the hush, hush "dont upset somebody" tone begins to set in......people becoming very protective, sensitive to names even being mentioned, as someone might get their feelings hurt....

very strange.  In every other case, you discuss all subjects......and as I mentioned above, everyone in that town should just expect to be looked at, until someone has been arrested and charged.   

Getting really creeped out by the insistance not to mention names or ask questions about people......

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2011, 06:48:47 PM »

I posted a pic of Blake and Holly .. NO implication..I also posted which was posted publicly in the newspaper of an obituary.. In the obituary
names were posted .. I am just connecting the dots who is who and who is related to who.. Again no implications.. Le stated the perp lives in or near the community.. JMO The only ones who might have suspicions or speculations on someone/someones involved is LE..
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2011, 06:57:14 PM »

Capp,

Hey Capp,

I do believe its not too farfetched for someone to get the Dodd name correct- not rumors and gossip changing to dodd from todd. But could be you never know.

One named Andrew Dodd 19 yrs Swinger from parsons- looks like hes in GA now- his friends are tied to Holly- Jon Dodd- Barbie Hickerson- Blake Hickerson who had problems from LE re his facebook Notes bad mouthing them.seems he is in AL or maybe not-

I asked because I never heard the last name mentioned before.   I will say this when I think of angels that isnt exactly what comes to my mind LOL

Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2011, 07:22:08 PM »

Capp,

Hey Capp,

I think its Jon Dodd. There is a  kid last name Todd and another one I dont think i can post their names.
Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2011, 07:24:37 PM »

I dont know if this was posted before but its a good read kinda long tho.
It has all kind of tidbits of info...

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-big-city-crime-comes-to-small-tight-knit-community-safety-tips
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2011, 07:40:21 PM »

Geeze I hope the Todd family check all the grounds (lots acres)on all the  property they own in the area..

http://tnmap.state.tn.us/Assessment/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.