March 28, 2024, 12:01:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #3 5/04/11 - 8/09/11  (Read 435860 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #440 on: May 15, 2011, 07:59:25 PM »

When it is considered that according to Sheriff Wyatt three Law Enforcement agencies responded to Clint Bobo's 911 call on April 13th ... it makes sense that the original account ..."drug across the carport" ... is what caused all the activity ... not the second account reported in a press conference by TBI John Mehr on April 16 ... not the second account which revealed a small amount of blood discovered which was deemed not to be life threatening ... not the second account regarding a walk into the woods with a longtime boyfriend.

IMO
______

THE IMMEDIATE FAR REACHING LAW ENFORCEMENT REPONSE

April 13th - Sheriff Roy Wyatt - An Immediate Response to an Alleged Abduction

Authorities: 20-Year-Old Woman May Have Been Abducted
Posted: Apr 13, 2011 9:38 AM PDT
Updated: Apr 13, 2011 7:33 PM PDT

DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn. - A massive search is underway for a missing Decatur County woman. Investigators believe 20-year-old Holly Bobo was abducted from her home on Wednesday morning.

Investigators said it happened on Swan Johnson Road in Darden around 7:30 a.m. Her brother told police that a man wearing camouflage grabbed the young woman, dragged her across her carport and pulled her into some nearby woods.

Authorities said Holly Bobo was on her way to school. She is a student at the UT Martin campus.

Authorities are now searching the area. The sheriff said they've been searching a five mile square radius on the ground and by air, but have yet to come up with anything.

Hundreds of people from the community have come out to help in the effort. 

Volunteers have been out on horseback, on four wheelers, even on foot doing all they can to find this young woman.

<snipped>

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14438754/authorities-20-year-old-woman-may-have-been-abducted?clienttype=printable

Holly Bobo Abduction: Week-in-review
Wed., April 13, Day 1: Recap from Decatur County Sheriff

<snipped>

There were questions as to why so many law enforcement agencies, including federal agents from the FBI and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI), became involved in Holly’s case on day one. Sheriff Wyatt said they were taking every precaution that they knew to take.

“At this time,” he said, “whatever it might be, then that’s what we’re trying to prepare for.”

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-abduction-week-review\

Video Backup - Above Articles

JS Video: Sheriff Wyatt - Kidnapping

Sheriff Wyatt talks about the search for Holly Bobo on April 13, 2011. Bobo was kidnapped from her home as she left for school that morning.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/VideoNetwork/903287890001/JS-Video-Sheriff-Wyatt-Kidnapping

April 19th - TBI Mark Gwyn - Not Life Threatening

Reward for information rises as search for Holly Bobo continues
Posted: Apr 18, 2011 2:41 PM PDT
Updated: Apr 19, 2011 3:45 AM PDT

<snipped>

Gwyn said investigators have not given hope that Bobo will be found alive.

"We have no indication otherwise," he said. "We did find blood at the scene, but not enough to lead us to believe that it was a life-threatening injury, so we've got to just hope and pray that she is still alive."

http://www.wmctv.com/story/14468975/reward-for-information-rises-as-search-for-holly-bobo-continues?clienttype=printable

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #441 on: May 15, 2011, 08:00:45 PM »

HLN JVM live now....Jane stated that she was told they are "one clue away."

So I went to go look if anyone else is reporting it:

May 13, 2011 10:49 AM
Investigators close to cracking Holly Bobo missing case, report says

(CBS/WREG/AP) PARSONS, Tenn. - It has been more than one month since a man was seen leading 20-year-old nursing student Holly Bobo into the woods outside her home, but investigators say they think they are just one clue away from cracking the case, a report says.

nvestigators say every day since she was reported missing they have discovered new leads and sometimes new information regarding Bobo's case. They still are not naming suspects but say they are getting closer, reports local station WSMV.
 ::snipping2::

Reposting for link
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20062568-504083.html

Tammy ramey spoke for Bobos on JVM she said Clint never changed his story TBI did. Also she said Clint is innocent and has been cleared.

Why the guards outside Bobos home? Seems like they are threatend? Maybe LE in touch with kidnapper? I can't see why if punk kids took holly then Why the guards.. doesn't fit.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1105/09/ijvm.01.html

Now, I`m very delighted to have with us tonight Tammy Raimey, a close friend of the Bobo family. She has been out there searing for Holly.

Tammy thank you so much for joining us. We know that this has been very difficult. When is the last time you searched? Because I understand that there was a search this past weekend, Tammy?

TAMMY RAIMEY, CLOSE FRIEND OF THE BOBO FAMILY (via telephone): Well, I was out of town this weekend. And I had been told that there was a search, but I don`t know if that was just a volunteer search of some people that got together or if it was an official police search.

I`ve been told that the police have been still doing their searches. But I do know that the law enforcement has been scaled way back.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Really? Well there`s a lot of talk about Holly`s brother because obviously, he`s the one who says he saw Holly being led away by the suspect, the mystery man. Now Clint Bobo, the brother, has reportedly said he thought it was Holly`s boyfriend because the person was wearing camouflage and Holly`s boyfriend reportedly wears camouflage a lot.

The Bobo family says Clint Bobo has been cleared of any involvement. But Tammy, you`re a friend of the family. What do you know about the brother and the boyfriend? Tell us. Paint a picture of these two individuals so we can understand some of the key characters in this case. It might be helpful.

RAIMEY: They are both good boys. I mean, you know, that`s just all you can call them. They are good boys. They`ve been raised right. You know, they enjoy the outdoors. They are hard working. Going to school; there is -- you know, there is no way either one of those were involved in any way.

And, you know, they had cleared Clint and the boyfriend. Of course, that issue keeps being brought up. And people say, well, I doubt it. Well, there is not a doubt in my mind.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Hang on. We`ll get to more on the other side -- Holly Bobo

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Levi Page, host of "The Levi Page Show" you are in Nashville, Tennessee. Obviously she is a major story. It`s bringing attention this case. Is that helping police or is it just really creating more noise?

PAGE: Well, Jane, this country music star initially did speak in the beginning, defending Clint Bobo via interviews in the media and also via Facebook and Twitter, but the family has been very tight-lipped. I don`t know if the police are telling them not to cooperate or not to speak to the media and be out in the media or not, but do I have a couple of updates. You mentioned some searches.

We know that last weekend, a couple of weeks ago there was a search in Henderson County, Tennessee where a, quote, "significant police presence was located there". We don`t know if they found anything. We also know that the police have said that they are starting to identify persons of interest in this case.

And we do know that the police have been interviewing a lot of people in this town. They would stop people randomly and they created checkpoints throughout this town and the surrounding areas. And nobody in this case has been 100 percent ruled out. I just want to clarify that. But they seem to have moved on from immediate family members and friends.

And one thing that I`m still wondering about was why did Clint Bobo claim that his sister was dragged when police went to the home and said that there were no drag marks away from the home? Was she dragged or led? I mean that`s a question that needs to be asked.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I want to give Tammy, a friend of the family, the last word on that. Because you could drag somebody and not have drag marks, Tammy.

RAIMEY: I don`t believe that is what Clint ever told them. I think that was bad wording from the TBI from the very start.

PAGE: Thank you.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. We`re going to stay on top of this, Tammy. Thank you. Our hearts go out to you.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #442 on: May 15, 2011, 08:16:55 PM »

I could be wrong but I suspect that the April 13th TBI Media Release posted by Kristen Helm reflected Clint Bobo's 911 report from the same day.

Janet

+++++

April 13th - TBI Media Release - Drug Across the Carport

MEDIA RELEASE
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                       CONTACT: KRISTIN HELM
APRIL 13, 2011                                                     OFFICE: 615.744.4087 (OFFICE)
                                                                          EMAIL: KRISTIN.HELM@TN.GOV

MISSING WOMAN FEARED TO BE VICTIM OF HOME INVASION KIDNAPPING

Nashville, Tenn. - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Decatur County Sheriff’s Office are actively looking for leads in a possible home invasion and abduction of a 20-year-old Darden, Tenn. woman from her home this morning.

Holly Bobo was last seen by a family member being drug across the carport of her home on Swan Johnson Road toward a wooded area by a man wearing camouflage clothing. Holly is 5’3”, weighs 110 pounds and was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans at approximately 7:30 am. The TBI’s Violent Crime Response Team is responding to gather evidence at the scene. Currently, there is no vehicle information available. Anyone with information in the whereabouts of Holly Bobo is urged to call the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/documents/MissingWomanFearedVictimofHomeInvasionKidnapping

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #443 on: May 15, 2011, 08:20:14 PM »

Yes, that does make sense...in regards to the April 13th Media Released being based on the 911 call.  I can see how initially he may have thought that it wasn't anything to worry about (well I do have some questions about this).  I can see how the 911 call became frantic once he realized that there was blood...maybe then he took a second look. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #444 on: May 15, 2011, 08:31:35 PM »

Yes, that does make sense...in regards to the April 13th Media Released being based on the 911 call.  I can see how initially he may have thought that it wasn't anything to worry about (well I do have some questions about this).  I can see how the 911 call became frantic once he realized that there was blood...maybe then he took a second look. 

In other words ... I do not "think" that TBI Kristen Helm got it wrong in her April 13th  media release on the TBI website.

I speculate that Clint reported to 911 that he observed Holly being "drug" into the woods but ... when skeptics began questioning why he never interfered ... why he never attempted to assist his sister ... the story changed and the changed story was revealed by TBI John Mehr on April 16th.

Janet

+++++

April 16th - TBI John Mehr - Not Forcefully Dragged

Holly Bobo ‘In Fear of Her Life’
April 16, 2011

Holly Bobo, 20, was confronted Wednesday by a man in hunting camouflage who forced her to go with him into the woods, said John Mehr, spokesman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

“What we believe, and I’ll tell you he actually had an arm holding her and so we feel that she knew that she was in fear of her life so she was complying with his commands,” he told a news conference.

Mehr said investigators “did not see drag marks.” He added she was “not forcefully dragged and she’s like any other victim, maybe complying with her attacker, but she walked into the woods” outside her Pasrons, Tenn. home.

Bobo’s 25-year-old brother Clint watched from inside the home, but did not believe she was being abducted until later. He saw the stranger from behind and believed it was his sister’s boyfriend.

Her brother, said Mehr, “had reasons to believe [the man] was not an attacker,” and did not call 911 until he saw blood outside.

http://www.asapnewsnetwork.com/holly-bobo-in-fear-of-her-life/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: May 15, 2011, 08:36:06 PM »

I have been gone for over a week ... a week that I felt would have revealed some progress in the Holly Bobo case.  I am so disappointed.

Janet

_____

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #446 on: May 15, 2011, 08:36:15 PM »

not to second guess Clint cause I feel that he is innocent, but don't you think if you saw your sister walking towards the woods with someone,even if it was that you thought it was her  boyfriend you might call out.." hey, where are you going or what are you guys doing?  " not trying to beat up on the brother and hindsight is 20/20 as we all know..But I would think that this would be unusual behavior, to walk to the woods in the morning before going to work, it might give a person an uneasy feeling.. just saying...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: May 15, 2011, 08:38:53 PM »

In other words ... I do not "think" that TBI Kristen Helm got it wrong in her April 13th  media release on the TBI website.

I speculate that Clint reported to 911 that he observed Holly being "drug" into the woods but ... when skeptics began questioning why he never interfered ... why he never attempted to assist his sister ... the story changed and the changed story was revealed by TBI John Mehr on April 16th.

Janet

+++++

April 16, 2011

Holly Bobo, 20, was confronted Wednesday by a man in hunting camouflage who forced her to go with him into the woods, said John Mehr, spokesman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

“What we believe, and I’ll tell you he actually had an arm holding her and so we feel that she knew that she was in fear of her life so she was complying with his commands,” he told a news conference.

Mehr said investigators “did not see drag marks.” He added she was “not forcefully dragged and she’s like any other victim, maybe complying with her attacker, but she walked into the woods” outside her Pasrons, Tenn. home.

Bobo’s 25-year-old brother Clint watched from inside the home, but did not believe she was being abducted until later. He saw the stranger from behind and believed it was his sister’s boyfriend.

Her brother, said Mehr, “had reasons to believe [the man] was not an attacker,” and did not call 911 until he saw blood outside.

bbm above...
this just proves, all the more reason to never let someone take you to a second location as they say..

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #448 on: May 15, 2011, 08:41:37 PM »

Janet

+++++

April 16, 2011

Yes, I do see what you are saying...just trying to ask questions to figure that angle out.  I like to dig deep into every possible scenario!  I appreciate your detailed posts!

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #449 on: May 15, 2011, 08:56:50 PM »

not to second guess Clint cause I feel that he is innocent, but don't you think if you saw your sister walking towards the woods with someone,even if it was that you thought it was her  boyfriend you might call out.." hey, where are you going or what are you guys doing?  " not trying to beat up on the brother and hindsight is 20/20 as we all know..But I would think that this would be unusual behavior, to walk to the woods in the morning before going to work, it might give a person an uneasy feeling.. just saying...
I can only imagine how awful Clint must feel at this point, as I really don't think he is involved in Holly's disappearance. . . but yes, I think the situation, as we know it, is very odd.  I don't understand how he happened to see this taking place, not follow his sister to see what was going on, etc.  I do wonder how much the media has botched in reporting.  We don't know FOR SURE what Clint said.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #450 on: May 15, 2011, 09:17:33 PM »

Agreed NewMonkey

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: May 15, 2011, 11:28:51 PM »

I have been gone for over a week ... a week that I felt would have revealed some progress in the Holly Bobo case.  I am so disappointed.

Janet

Janet - good to see you back!  Yes, very disappointing.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #452 on: May 16, 2011, 10:15:47 AM »

JASON EVERETT NICKELL

Sheriff Wyatt - No Connection

Hope fuels volunteers looking for Holly Bobo
Searchers endure toll of weeklong hunt for missing student
12:07 AM, Apr. 20, 2011

<snipped>

Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt said investigators checked out a man arrested on charges of stalking two Jackson women and found no connection to Bobo's case.

<snipped>

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110420/NEWS25/104200313/Hope-fuels-volunteers-looking-Holly-Bobo?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

TBI Kirstin Helm - No Connection

THP: "New Tactics" in Holly Bobo Search
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 12:49 PM

<snipped>

It was confirmed with the TBI spokeswoman that just yesterday, the arrest of Jason Everett Nickell in Madison County came about based on leads that the Bureau had played out while investigating Holly Bobo's disappearance.

Nickell, a registered sex offender in nearby Benton County, was arrested by the Jackson Police after allegedly stalking two teenage girls on separate occasions in Madison County.

The Dickson County Sheriff's Office also has pending charges on Nickell for indecency in public, simple assault and attempted kidnapping.

The TBI and the Jackson Police Department were able to coordinate efforts, bringing about the arrest of Nickell.

According to Helm there has been no connection made to Nickell in the Holly Lynn Bobo disappearance.

<snipped>

http://midsouthnewz.com/news/midsouth-regional-news/thp-qnew-tacticsq-in-holly-bobo-search.html

Judge Blake Anderson - Bond Raised

Man charged with stalking gets higher bond
9:00 PM, Apr. 20, 2011 WEDNESDAY

<snipped>

A Benton County man accused of stalking appeared in Jackson City Court on Wednesday morning.

Jason Everett Nickell, 39, of Holladay, is charged by police with two counts of stalking concerning two young women who were pursued in various locations.

During a bond hearing Wednesday , Nickell's attorney asked for Nickell's bond to remain the same, but Judge Blake Anderson raised his bond to $300,000.

<snipped>

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110421/NEWS01/104210302

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: May 16, 2011, 12:15:05 PM »

EVIDENCE?

TBI Kristin Helms - Lunch Box - Duct Tape with Blonde Hair

Search For Whitney Duncan's Missing Cousin Turns Up Evidence
First Posted: 04/25/11 04:17 PM ET Updated: 04/25/11 04:17 PM ET

Local and state law enforcement authorities have coordinated massive search efforts behind Bobo's home and throughout the surrounding area. In the days following her disappearance, investigators found what they described as a vital clue in her abduction.

"We found her lunch box about 8 miles from her home. It was on [the side of the road] where searchers had been searching," Helm said. "[It was] easily identifiable by her family."

Helm said authorities do not know if Bobo was carrying the lunch box when she was abducted but did say it is an item she would typically take with her every morning to the local technical school where she was studying to be a licensed practical nurse.

Authorities are still trying to determine if another recent find -- a strip of duct tape with her hair on it -- is connected to the case. "It is being tested forensically to see if there is a connection," Helm said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/25/holly-bobo-whitney-duncan_n_853427.html

TBI John Mehr - Blood - Results Not Released

Officials decline to release blood analysis results in Holly Bobo abduction
27 Apr 2011

Decatur County and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation officials said analysis has been done on blood found near the residence of Holly Bobo, a 20-year-old abducted nursing student, but they have declined to release the results of the analysis.

John Mehr, special agent in charge with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation in Jackson, declined to comment on any leads in the case. Investigators have not named any suspects.

He would not release any results regarding blood analysis, which he said was routine practice in investigation.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110427/NEWS01/110427007

Sheriff Wyatt - Significant Find

Missing Holly Bobo Update: Cell Phone Found Roadside
By Robin Stanfill
Published Apr 25, 2011

The new evidence found during the search for Holly Bobo was her cell phone, found roadside on Hwy. 69.

Although law enforcement are not revealing any information concerning the "significant" item found during Sunday's search, a member of the search teams has revealed the item was believed to be Holly's cell phone.

Reportedly, the cell phone was located on side of the road on Hwy. 69 in Parsons, near Holly's father's place of employment, as well as Kolpack, a nearby factory, and the Tennessee Technology Center, where Holly was attending school.

Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt has related that law enforcement received a tip Sunday, April 24, 2011, which lead the investigation and search for Holly Bobo into Northern Decatur County. The Sheriff stated that a tip was received by phone, prompting a search of the area, during the late evening hours of Easter Sunday. In the course of the search, a new item was discovered, which law enforcement considered "significant", and apparently substantial enough for the Decatur County rescue squad and volunteer firefighters to be dispatched in order to perform a specialized foot search of the area. Law enforcement are not revealing any further information about the lead or the item found, at this time.

<snipped>

http://www.suite101.com/content/missing-holly-bobo-update-cell-phone-found-roadside-a367810

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: May 16, 2011, 01:02:30 PM »

The Holly Bobo Case - Compromised Justice?

It is unlikely that Holly parents are guilty of any wrongdoing encompassing the disappearance of their daughter.  However ... Karen and Dana may be positioned between a rock and a hard place nevertheless.  Clint is their precious son.

If an impulsive action caused the demise of Holly ... an impulsive action within a moment in time that could not be taken back ... I believe a conscience could prevail and the truth encompassing the morning of April 13th would then be revealed.  However ... the justice system must be working on behalf of this young lady.

To avoid an appearance of a conflict of interest that may encompass community ties/relationships ... is it time that the FBI took over the leading role in the Holly Bobo case from local TBI and local LE.

The changing stories of Holly's brother ... the distancing of Clint as a person of interest within two days of the alleged abduction and ... the low profile of the only witness as well as his parents implies ... something appears to be not right.

IMO

+++++

TBI Agent John Mehr - Jackson County

Holly Bobo Still Missing One Month Later
Posted: May 13, 2011 4:24 PM PDT

PARSONS, Tenn. - After more than 1,000 leads, there is still no sign of Holly Bobo. Friday marked one month to the day since her disappearance.

The TBI believes she was abducted from the back of her home. TBI agent John Mehr is in charge of the case.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14643985/holly-bobo-still-missing-one-month-later

Sheriff Roy Wyatt - Decatur County

Holly Bobo: Big-city crime comes to small tight-knit community; safety tips
May 2nd, 2011 11:38 pm ET

Pastor Roy Wyatt was elected in 2010 for a second four-year term as Decatur County Sheriff. He has served as pastor of Darden Baptist Church since 1999 and was first elected sheriff of Decatur County in 2006.

Roy Wyatt is called “Brother Roy” and “Sheriff Wyatt” and when asked says he doesn’t see any conflict in his two roles. “It doesn’t matter what the job is. You still have to honor God first,” he said.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-big-city-crime-comes-to-small-tight-knit-community-safety-tips

_____

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #455 on: May 17, 2011, 12:30:47 AM »

Totally agreee - it seems to be unusual - going into the woods when you're supposed to be traveling to school....

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: May 17, 2011, 03:51:41 PM »

Reminder

TBI Kristin Helm - To My Knowledge

Holly Bobo Abduction: 2-week-wrap-up; rumors dispelled; next steps
April 27th, 2011 12:32 pm ET

<snipped>

Rumors Holly was found

There have been online rumors that Holly has been found.

Helm said, “To my knowledge, Holly has not been found. We don’t have information indicating she is either alive or dead.”

Helm said Tuesday afternoon, “We have no new developments to report on today.

“TBI is still following leads on her [Holly’s] case.

“Volunteer search will continue if and when needed.

“A news release will be issued by TBI when we have new information to release," Helm said.

<snipped>

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-abduction-2-week-wrap-up-rumors-dispelled-next-steps

_____

TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #457 on: May 17, 2011, 06:34:39 PM »

Reminder

TBI Kristin Helm - To My Knowledge

Holly Bobo Abduction: 2-week-wrap-up; rumors dispelled; next steps
April 27th, 2011 12:32 pm ET

<snipped>

Rumors Holly was found

There have been online rumors that Holly has been found.

Helm said, “To my knowledge, Holly has not been found. We don’t have information indicating she is either alive or dead.”

Helm said Tuesday afternoon, “We have no new developments to report on today.

“TBI is still following leads on her [Holly’s] case.

“Volunteer search will continue if and when needed.

“A news release will be issued by TBI when we have new information to release," Helm said.

<snipped>

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-abduction-2-week-wrap-up-rumors-dispelled-next-steps

Maybe it's just the Pollyanna in me...

I really have no explanation as to why the words "To my knowledge, Holly has  not been found" have just screamed to me when I've read them dozens of times before. However, it cause some brain cells that were beginning to lose hope to start charging up again.

So...since this whole case has obviously been handled on a "need to know" basis by Le, it is not interesting the wording chosen to dispel the rumor?  To my knowledge????

Suddenly I feel a bit hopeful again that this case may end up being one of those rare ones that ends with our focal person still living.  How I pray this is so. (I also keep thinking of all the children who have prayed for her return. They have such a innocent faith and so many know Holly's mom at their school, etc.  I find myself praying not only for a good outcome for Holly but also on their behalf, too.  There's such a fine line in teaching children to be wary but not weary of their trust and belief in their fellow man. I so hope they are able to retain their childhood expectations of earnest prayers for others being answered in a positive way.  If not, I pray the adults in their lives can meet the challenge they'll face.)
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #458 on: May 17, 2011, 06:36:33 PM »

Grrr at the grammatical mistakes in that last post.  Where's an edit button when you need one? (Totally forgot I could preview...)
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #459 on: May 17, 2011, 07:02:44 PM »

Maybe it's just the Pollyanna in me...

I really have no explanation as to why the words "To my knowledge, Holly has  not been found" have just screamed to me when I've read them dozens of times before. However, it cause some brain cells that were beginning to lose hope to start charging up again.

So...since this whole case has obviously been handled on a "need to know" basis by Le, it is not interesting the wording chosen to dispel the rumor?  To my knowledge????

Suddenly I feel a bit hopeful again that this case may end up being one of those rare ones that ends with our focal person still living.  How I pray this is so. (I also keep thinking of all the children who have prayed for her return. They have such a innocent faith and so many know Holly's mom at their school, etc.  I find myself praying not only for a good outcome for Holly but also on their behalf, too.  There's such a fine line in teaching children to be wary but not weary of their trust and belief in their fellow man. I so hope they are able to retain their childhood expectations of earnest prayers for others being answered in a positive way.  If not, I pray the adults in their lives can meet the challenge they'll face.)

Yeah, this case baffles me! Seriously, is LE being so hush-hush because they really have some great leads, clues, or whatever...OR...are they just being arrogant because they want to "show-off" or such when they solve the case; but in doing so, they're "unwittingly (or maybe knowingly?) compromising the case? Just wondering. I usually like to believe the best about LE, and so far I am holding out hope. But this is all so strange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.