March 28, 2024, 06:57:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #3 5/04/11 - 8/09/11  (Read 435903 times)
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #700 on: June 14, 2011, 11:16:34 PM »

The family believes she is still alive, but yet they are out searching in the woods? If they are searching in the woods they are either looking for remains or for missed evidence.
And the gate...is it for privacy or for protection? 

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/parsons-tn/TT4DGDTQ5K4I76JRM/p837
I just found out about the new gates installed on the Bobo property last night after reading (as painful as that can be sometimes ) on the Parsons forum at Topix. I do take what I read over there with a grain of salt because anyone can say anything and not back it up. Not to mention the crazies that post there.....
 I did read on topix about a rumor/speculation of Holly meeting someone online and that person ending up not being who he said he was and that LE thought he abducted Holly or Holly left with him of her own free will and he was possibly holding her. Maybe there was a ransom or threat? I find that scenario to be hard to believe though if she did meet this "person" online since his IP address could be traced right?. But then I am not an expert on how reliable an IP trace would be to LE.

I swear this case sounds like a sordid mystery novel.....ugh

Logicslimiting: I would imagine the gates are more for privacy from sight seers and media entering the property unannounced, jmho.

Janet, I wonder if the end of the searches on Easter was because the perp contacted the  Bobo's somehow and threatened the life of Holly if they contacted LE or media..... Could this be the why LE said "things are not as they appear"? Something happened on that Easter day that silenced everyone. It has to be something along those lines for the parents to remain silent and for Clint not to speak out. I just can't see the the Mom protecting Clint if he hurt her daughter. At some point the parents would have to say, enough is enough and turn him in I would think. I can't imagine if Clint is guilty of something(if that is the case) having to choose one child over the other. No parent should have to make a choice like that.

There are allot of good theories here, but unfortunately none of them have brought her home yet. All we can do now, is pray that Holly is brought home safe and that this case isn't swept under the rug. Where are you Holly? an angelic monkey

This is about the search ending...on BOC wasn't there speculation that one or more of the POI's, or fam of POI was actually found out to be searching on one of these teams?  I can't for the life of me go digging in all the posts for the quotes for this but maybe someone remembers what I am referring to? 
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #701 on: June 15, 2011, 12:10:35 AM »

Honestly, if her dad and family members are out searching almost every day, I doubt very much there has been any signs of ransom, or that she is being held. I doubt her dad would be out looking for her book bag, etc...

I think LE is being honest when they say they don't have any strong leads...in fact, they may not have any decent leads at all, but LE does not like to say that.

But I wish they would call for searches every weekend and just methodically eliminate areas of the county. I am sure people would come out every week to help. At least something would be accomplished, areas could be ruled out.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #702 on: June 15, 2011, 03:10:18 AM »

<snipped by Tamikosmom>

Janet, I wonder if the end of the searches on Easter was because the perp contacted the  Bobo's somehow and threatened the life of Holly if they contacted LE or media..... Could this be the why LE said "things are not as they appear"? Something happened on that Easter day that silenced everyone. It has to be something along those lines for the parents to remain silent and for Clint not to speak out. I just can't see the the Mom protecting Clint if he hurt her daughter. At some point the parents would have to say, enough is enough and turn him in I would think. I can't imagine if Clint is guilty of something(if that is the case) having to choose one child over the other. No parent should have to make a choice like that.

There are allot of good theories here, but unfortunately none of them have brought her home yet. All we can do now, is pray that Holly is brought home safe and that this case isn't swept under the rug. Where are you Holly? an angelic monkey

cartfly

Could you please direct me to the source of the quote.

Thanks

Janet

Hi Janet!
I am wracking my brain trying to find where I read the above. If I remember right it was that Mark Gwynn with TBI in the beginning. I will keep looking to see if it was a video or an article. I searched the articles on here but came up empty, but I will let you know one way or the other. an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #703 on: June 15, 2011, 03:15:38 AM »

Honestly, if her dad and family members are out searching almost every day, I doubt very much there has been any signs of ransom, or that she is being held. I doubt her dad would be out looking for her book bag, etc...

I think LE is being honest when they say they don't have any strong leads...in fact, they may not have any decent leads at all, but LE does not like to say that.

But I wish they would call for searches every weekend and just methodically eliminate areas of the county. I am sure people would come out every week to help. At least something would be accomplished, areas could be ruled out.
That makes sense too bebe. The ransom thing is a stretch of the imagination. Does that even happen anymore? I hear of international ransom cases but not much in the US.
At this point, I don't know what to think...... 

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #704 on: June 15, 2011, 03:17:57 AM »

The family believes she is still alive, but yet they are out searching in the woods? If they are searching in the woods they are either looking for remains or for missed evidence.
And the gate...is it for privacy or for protection? 

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/parsons-tn/TT4DGDTQ5K4I76JRM/p837
I just found out about the new gates installed on the Bobo property last night after reading (as painful as that can be sometimes ) on the Parsons forum at Topix. I do take what I read over there with a grain of salt because anyone can say anything and not back it up. Not to mention the crazies that post there.....
 I did read on topix about a rumor/speculation of Holly meeting someone online and that person ending up not being who he said he was and that LE thought he abducted Holly or Holly left with him of her own free will and he was possibly holding her. Maybe there was a ransom or threat? I find that scenario to be hard to believe though if she did meet this "person" online since his IP address could be traced right?. But then I am not an expert on how reliable an IP trace would be to LE.

I swear this case sounds like a sordid mystery novel.....ugh

Logicslimiting: I would imagine the gates are more for privacy from sight seers and media entering the property unannounced, jmho.

This is about the search ending...on BOC wasn't there speculation that one or more of the POI's, or fam of POI was actually found out to be searching on one of these teams?  I can't for the life of me go digging in all the posts for the quotes for this but maybe someone remembers what I am referring to? 
Hi, MelB
What is BOC? I do remember reading something to that affect on topix from someone claiming to be a local.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #705 on: June 15, 2011, 08:41:40 AM »

cartfly - Melisb refereed to BOC and you wondered what that is.  It's Blink On Crime http://blinkoncrime.com/

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
number11
Scared Monkey

« Reply #706 on: June 15, 2011, 08:48:28 AM »

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/06/13/061311-news-bobo-1-3/

number11
Scared Monkey

« Reply #707 on: June 15, 2011, 10:09:21 AM »

I read on another board some things brought up that I have either not heard about or maybe just didn't pay much attention to, and I am wondering if any of you guys have any information:
1 - The report that there was a girl found in a cabin sometime around Easter and that this might have been Holly and they are not telling because they are still trying to catch who did it. Anyone have any information about this or any article sources?
2 - The fact that 4:13 is  a popular tattoo for men... I remember now reading where the mom said that Phillipians 4:13 was Holly's favorite scripture - it is kind of odd that the date she was abducted was 4-13...I am sure it is just one of those weird coincidences, but still odd....
3 - A car that was found with camo inside - Was anything else ever said about this car, who it belonged to, and if it was related to the case?
Dr. Pepper
Scared Monkey

« Reply #708 on: June 15, 2011, 05:11:03 PM »

Oh my goodness. I have been reading here since Holly went missing and gave been waiting to be approved to comment.

I read and post often over at blinks site.

I know that several people on here believe or are very close to believing that Clint is either responsible, lied about what he saw, was involved
-all of which are possible

I know many of you are questioning her parents actions & think it is strange that they haven't spoken to the press since Holly went missing.

From what I've read, it seems that Janet has based this hypothesis on the inconsistencies & flat out changes on part of TBI in regards to the official story on what happened that AM.  Which IMO is smart.

But it is also just as possible for another scenario to have occurred.  

Why do I think so?

A few years ago, a morning news anchor named Anne Pressly was brutally attacked, beaten & raped in her bed while she slept.  Her mother found her barely hanging on to life. She later died. Very little info was released but info kept getting leaked.  Doctors & hospital staff ended up getting fired for looking at her chart & leaking confidential patient info.  
It was reported early on that her debit card had been used at a gas station at 5:30 AM which wouldve been right after the attack. The name of the station & time were released but they said that the surveillance footage was too grainy & they couldnt see him.  After that was released, a gag order was inacted & nothing was said. Period.

A few months later, a press conf was called for an APB on a suspect.  It turns out that not only did he
Leave DNA, it matched a profile from an unsolved rape 100 miles away the prior year.  But no name in CODIS matched. And turns out- they were able to see his picture clearly on surv footage. But had no idea who he was.

Why exactly didn't they tell the public this before they found him- I don't know.  But I can imagine it was to ensure a conviction.  Which it certainly did.
---
LE / TBI has thousands of reasons to change stories.

In this day & age...police are so rushed to make a statement, with three LE involved, I see where confusion could have been arose, if that was the case.

It is quite possible that TBI decided to change the story so the perp wouldn't know exacty what Clint saw.

IMO...from day one, I pictured the perp searching with everyone.  
IMO- ANYONE in a town that small in the south who does not volunteer to search without a dang good reason- would 
immediately become suspect.  The perp or perps would have to.

It is possible that local lE leaked info which either directly or indirectly helped the perp, the perp or someone he's close to- right up in the middle of it all & was able to cover his tracks.

To me, this is good enough reason to understand why there could be a need to stop group searches, be very secretive & yes definately give the perp the idea that lE is nowhere near him.  If they are or they aren't- the perp doesn't need to know that.

And if it is Clint that lied and he is responsible (which I highly doubt) then LE surely will catch him.  They're right there.

I read somewhere that her white lunch bag was found pretty far into the woods by a pond.  

If she initially did not scream bc she was not afraid upon being directed, led into the woods & screamed somewhere else after it turning bad...wherever she was could have been in a closer direction to the neighbor's house.

It was theorized that she may have screamed by the pond when she dropped her lunch bag and the pond was closer to the neighbor's house than her home.  So the neighbor heard her scream but Clint didn't.

All possible.  
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #709 on: June 15, 2011, 05:35:35 PM »

cartfly - Melisb refereed to BOC and you wondered what that is.  It's Blink On Crime http://blinkoncrime.com/
Thanks Muffy! an angelic monkey I had a "brain fart" and couldn't figure that one out....ugh

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #710 on: June 15, 2011, 06:02:11 PM »

Oh my goodness. I have been reading here since Holly went missing and gave been waiting to be approved to comment.

I read and post often over at blinks site.

I know that several people on here believe or are very close to believing that Clint is either responsible, lied about what he saw, was involved
-all of which are possible

I know many of you are questioning her parents actions & think it is strange that they haven't spoken to the press since Holly went missing.

From what I've read, it seems that Janet has based this hypothesis on the inconsistencies & flat out changes on part of TBI in regards to the official story on what happened that AM.  Which IMO is smart.

But it is also just as possible for another scenario to have occurred.  

Why do I think so?

A few years ago, a morning news anchor named Anne Pressly was brutally attacked, beaten & raped in her bed while she slept.  Her mother found her barely hanging on to life. She later died. Very little info was released but info kept getting leaked.  Doctors & hospital staff ended up getting fired for looking at her chart & leaking confidential patient info.  
It was reported early on that her debit card had been used at a gas station at 5:30 AM which wouldve been right after the attack. The name of the station & time were released but they said that the surveillance footage was too grainy & they couldnt see him.  After that was released, a gag order was inacted & nothing was said. Period.

A few months later, a press conf was called for an APB on a suspect.  It turns out that not only did he
Leave DNA, it matched a profile from an unsolved rape 100 miles away the prior year.  But no name in CODIS matched. And turns out- they were able to see his picture clearly on surv footage. But had no idea who he was.

Why exactly didn't they tell the public this before they found him- I don't know.  But I can imagine it was to ensure a conviction.  Which it certainly did.
---
LE / TBI has thousands of reasons to change stories.

In this day & age...police are so rushed to make a statement, with three LE involved, I see where confusion could have been arose, if that was the case.

It is quite possible that TBI decided to change the story so the perp wouldn't know exacty what Clint saw.

IMO...from day one, I pictured the perp searching with everyone.  
IMO- ANYONE in a town that small in the south who does not volunteer to search without a dang good reason- would 
immediately become suspect.  The perp or perps would have to.

It is possible that local lE leaked info which either directly or indirectly helped the perp, the perp or someone he's close to- right up in the middle of it all & was able to cover his tracks.

To me, this is good enough reason to understand why there could be a need to stop group searches, be very secretive & yes definately give the perp the idea that lE is nowhere near him.  If they are or they aren't- the perp doesn't need to know that.

And if it is Clint that lied and he is responsible (which I highly doubt) then LE surely will catch him.  They're right there.

I read somewhere that her white lunch bag was found pretty far into the woods by a pond.  

If she initially did not scream bc she was not afraid upon being directed, led into the woods & screamed somewhere else after it turning bad...wherever she was could have been in a closer direction to the neighbor's house.

It was theorized that she may have screamed by the pond when she dropped her lunch bag and the pond was closer to the neighbor's house than her home.  So the neighbor heard her scream but Clint didn't.

All possible.  

Great post DRPEPPER!! (my favorite drink by the way...)  ::monkeywine2::So glad that you joined us!
AND Welcome to the cage!!  ::MonkeyCheer4::WELCOME

This case has been frustrating with the changing stories and lack of info on Clint given by the TBI. Janet is right on to be suspicious of Clint because TBI changed the stories and never cleared up the inconsistencies. I completely understand where Janet  is coming from but I am still on the fence regarding Clint. I sure pray that you are right and LE/the Bobo family have a reason for their silence. I have never seen silence like this from a family. They appear to be good people and I am trying hard to believe they know what they are doing regarding their missing daughter. I pray whatever their strategy is that it brings Holly home soon. I can't imagine the agony each passing day is for the family.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: June 15, 2011, 06:59:22 PM »

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
logicislimiting
Scared Monkey

Hope for Holly.

« Reply #712 on: June 16, 2011, 02:29:52 AM »

Dr. Pepper, I am drinking some now! I wanted to add to what you overheard. Any locals in Parsons please correct me because I heard this from a local not first hand. It was the night of April 18th when the searches were in Nanchez park. Around 715pm it was reported that police cars, unmarked cars and ambulances were racing down 641. A hour later a mass text msg went out to locals stating that Holly was found in cabin 16 on Cublake in Nanchez. She had been physically hurt and had a dislocated shoulder and was being airlifted to Vanderbilt. It hit the net shortly there after via twitter by a Pastor at a church in Knoxville and a few others. It was retracted and silenced. Then roadblocks went up the next morning monitoring all access on freeway towards Memphis and local roadways. They called in 50 more LE officers and 12 more investigators all just to try " new tactics" on the 7th day of the investigation? Janet I found a video interview from the 18th with Mark Gwyn that I had not scene. It is with MSNBC. Its interesting how he answers the question about Clint being cleared. Check it out.

- Never judge a Man by his actions until you have seen his motives.- Wayne Dyer
logicislimiting
Scared Monkey

Hope for Holly.

« Reply #713 on: June 16, 2011, 02:35:25 AM »

Forgot to add that it has been said that it was a searcher that was airlifted to Vanderbilt. Many say that is not true the searchers had already came in. My only thought on the searcher theory is... How the heck did Will Nunley miss that exclusive for the nightly news?

logicislimiting
Scared Monkey

Hope for Holly.

« Reply #714 on: June 16, 2011, 02:43:39 AM »

Janet off the top off my head the "Sometimes this are not as the always appear" infamous quote was made on April 19 on the local channel 7 news. It was a video and he was responding to the question of why Clint did nothing to help heq. Yes that means I am a walking Holly Bobo news source in my head lol. Now I will try and find it again for you. Its hard to find but I saw it a long time ago and it exists.

logicislimiting
Scared Monkey

Hope for Holly.

« Reply #715 on: June 16, 2011, 09:20:23 AM »

Scratch that it was channel 5 on April 26th was the Gwyn comment.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: June 16, 2011, 09:27:25 AM »

Dr. Pepper, I am drinking some now! I wanted to add to what you overheard. Any locals in Parsons please correct me because I heard this from a local not first hand. It was the night of April 18th when the searches were in Nanchez park. Around 715pm it was reported that police cars, unmarked cars and ambulances were racing down 641. A hour later a mass text msg went out to locals stating that Holly was found in cabin 16 on Cublake in Nanchez. She had been physically hurt and had a dislocated shoulder and was being airlifted to Vanderbilt. It hit the net shortly there after via twitter by a Pastor at a church in Knoxville and a few others. It was retracted and silenced. Then roadblocks went up the next morning monitoring all access on freeway towards Memphis and local roadways. They called in 50 more LE officers and 12 more investigators all just to try " new tactics" on the 7th day of the investigation? Janet I found a video interview from the 18th with Mark Gwyn that I had not scene. It is with MSNBC. Its interesting how he answers the question about Clint being cleared. Check it out.

logicislimiting

Would you please post the link to the video of the Mark Gwyn video.

Thank you

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #717 on: June 16, 2011, 09:58:53 AM »

Janet off the top off my head the "Sometimes this are not as the always appear" infamous quote was made on April 19 on the local channel 7 news. It was a video and he was responding to the question of why Clint did nothing to help heq. Yes that means I am a walking Holly Bobo news source in my head lol. Now I will try and find it again for you. Its hard to find but I saw it a long time ago and it exists.

Thanks logicislimiting

There are posters on other Holly Hobo forum discussions that I scan each day who would also appreciate the source ... would appreciate knowning who was the author of the quote.

Janet

Janet

_____

Dr. Pepper
Scared Monkey

« Reply #718 on: June 16, 2011, 10:48:05 PM »

logic-
I didn't hear that with my ears but read it somewhere a while ago, can't remember where.

I wanted to thank u for sharing what u discussed with your uncle.  It makes total sense and I bet it describes how many LE handle cases.
I follow the Morgan Harrington case over at blink on crime religiously.  I quoted your post earlier this week because I thought it would be helpful for others as well.

Janet-
You may have mentioned this already and if so, I'm sorry to repeat- but I have a question:
The day Holly went missing...
Which LE agencies released statements that day? Local LE and TBI?
If they were separate, what times were the statements given?

I'd like to take another look at the approximate amount if time btw the 911 calls say btw 7:30 and 9am? (Since I don't think we know for sure) and the timing of LE's statements.

The case being taken out of the local LE's hands for leak issues & that they were likely the very first responders...red flags are out for me.

Wonder who called in TBi? Sheriff? Her parents?

Again, sorry if you've already been over this

: )
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #719 on: June 16, 2011, 11:04:08 PM »

If I remember correctly, the whole "not as it appears" came from Gwyn when he was asked about Clint's story, either about why he reacted as he did, or why the story changed from "dragging" to "being led"...something like that. It was not, in my opinion, the kind of suspicious, borderling conspiratory statement is being made out have been, across much of the web...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.