March 28, 2024, 04:02:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #3 5/04/11 - 8/09/11  (Read 435822 times)
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #820 on: June 26, 2011, 11:57:44 AM »

Why do the news reports keep saying "alleged abduction"? What was this, if not an abduction, I wonder, and why would it still be alleged after all this time...
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #821 on: June 26, 2011, 02:35:55 PM »

::MonkeyDance::Another public appearance by Karen Bobo

video at link
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Bobo-Benefit-Ride-124546349.html
 ::snipping2::
Bobo Benefit Ride
By Daniel Wilkerson
By dwilkerson@wbbjtv.com

Story Created: Jun 25, 2011 at 6:56 PM CDT

Story Updated: Jun 25, 2011 at 11:04 PM CDT
Nearly three months after Decatur County nursing student Holly Bobo went missing, the Tennessee River Rider's Association held a benefit bike ride to raise money to assist the Bobo family Saturday.

"Trying to raise money for the Bobo family. They've got expenses like everyone else and I know they've been off from work for quite a while," said Garry White, president of the Tennessee River Rider's Association, who donate time to people in need. "Just trying to help people that are down and out. There are tragedies all across the country," said White.
Holly's mom, Karen Bobo, visibly emotional from her daughter's alleged abduction granted an interview to reporters, making a desperate plea for help.

"To whoever has our daughter, I'm asking you to please do the right thing and let her come home. For anybody out there that has any information about the disappearance of Holly, you need to step forward.

thanks here is a pic of the artical that goes along with this

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Holly%20Bobo%20%20-TN-/?action=view&current=62511Mom.jpg&newest=1
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #822 on: June 26, 2011, 07:14:16 PM »

Alleged??  Why did the author of this article include the word "alleged" when referring to the abduction of Holly Bobo.  I thought only Tamikosmom did that ... Tamikosmom who is a "doubting Thomas".

Janet

+++++

Bobo Benefit Ride
By Daniel Wilkerson
By dwilkerson@wbbjtv.com
Story Created: Jun 25, 2011 at 6:56 PM CDT
Story Updated: Jun 25, 2011 at 11:04 PM CDT

<snipped>

Holly's mom, Karen Bobo, visibly emotional from her daughter's alleged abduction granted an interview to reporters, making a desperate plea for help.

"To whoever has our daughter, I'm asking you to please do the right thing and let her come home. For anybody out there that has any information about the disappearance of Holly, you need to step forward.

Bobo expressed her family's gratitude for the efforts of volunteers.

"To all the people who participated in this event for Holly today, I would like to say thank you and not just today, but from the very first day that Holly came up missing. I want to thank everybody, not just our state, but all across the United States and all around the world for everything that you're doing to help us bring Holly home safely. Thank you," said Bobo.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Bobo-Benefit-Ride-124546349.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #823 on: June 26, 2011, 07:39:48 PM »

Janet, morning, I just wanted to give you a little insight to redneck/hillbilly/country areas...usually the 'good ol boy' system is in place and although the Bobo fam seems to be middle/upper middle class they might not be super connected to those who run this 'good ol boy network' and might just be following advice of LE to keep quiet.  That may be hurting them too.  From my experience of living in a small area when a 'big' case happens and state level police and FBI step in to 'assist' these small towners close rank, band together and get offended sensing that someone must've thought they couldn't do their job and don't like it.  I have a feeling that whatever this small town is covering up be it political coverup, office procedures not followed within local LE offices, etc., it's affecting the Bobo case.  My feeling is still that some bigwig's kid is involved (Daddy may be a politician, LE)or they are covering for one of their own LE or they just screwed it all up from the get go and trampled all over whatever clues were to be found!

melish

For the past six years NOTHING and NOBODY has stood in the way of Beth Holloway who has been on an outspoken media mission to find answers regarding the disappearance of her precious daughter while on a graduation trip to the Island of Aruba.

The Aruban/Dutch "powers that be" who have had an agenda from the getgo to protect Joran van der Sloot and prevent justice from prevailing have not hindered this amazing lady one iota going forward on the path she has chosen on behalf of Natalee.

Janet

++++++

THE ARUBAN JUSTICE MINISTER

Amigoe, Friday 30 September 2005

According to Justice-minister Rudy Croes (MEP), there is not much that can be done against Twitty’s attitude. He says that declaring her as persona non grata is no option. The American media would blow that up and it can fire back at us.

She is back in all sorts of programs where she calls upon Americans to avoid Aruba as vacation destination. “I can’t understand her attitude. We did everything possible to find her daughter”, said Croes. He hopes of course that one day the teenager will show up, but he said that badmouthing would definitely not contribute to that.

Many Aruban people are very angry with Twitty and are afraid that her constant appeals against Aruba would have a negative effect on the tourism. Even though this does not reflect in the figures, the government does keep a finger on the pulse. Croes does not consider taking measures against Twitty yet, but does not rule out the possibility TO SHUT HER UP IN THE FUTURE. The Dutch government was asked to diplomatically support Aruba in this matter.

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/?p=1694

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

Page 189:
    It's the proverbial, Biblical conflict between good and evil.  It's very, very hard to fight evil because it constantly changes form and you never know who your enemies are.  And evil is always two steps ahead. From the outset we never had a chance.  But we didn't know it.  I'm taking leave of the island, but not from the work yet to be done.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #824 on: June 27, 2011, 12:13:41 AM »

cartfly

Do you have links to other Holly Bobo discussion forum that I can read without registering?

Thanks

Janet

You'll have to wade through the foolishness sometimes but I also quickly scan the volnation site (in the off-topic forum) where they have a thread about Holly.   Although there are some on there who seem a bit "unrefined," there are several who post with a bit of wisdom and insight.   

http://www.volnation.com/forum/pub/127130-holly-bobo-kidnapping-119.html

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #825 on: June 27, 2011, 12:18:50 AM »

cartfly

Do you have links to other Holly Bobo discussion forum that I can read without registering?

Thanks

Janet

You'll have to wade through the foolishness sometimes but I also quickly scan the volnation site (in the off-topic forum) where they have a thread about Holly.   Although there are some on there who seem a bit "unrefined," there are several who post with a bit of wisdom and insight.   

http://www.volnation.com/forum/pub/127130-holly-bobo-kidnapping-119.html

Thanks TOY. I had forgotten about that site. It is probably better than the topix site.  an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #826 on: June 27, 2011, 12:24:00 AM »

I was reading over at topix...... ::MonkeyCool::and someone posted about the Decatur Countys Coon hunt facebook page. Anyway, this has probably posted here early on but thought I would bring it forward. This was a post by a member of the public page, which most of the members appear to be locals. Clint Bobo is listed as a member of the page.

Of course this could be rumor.....LE never stated this that I recall.

Vicki****** A 20 year old Decatur County woman, Holly Bobo, was abducted from her home Wednesday morning 4/13 by a man dressed as a hunter in full camouflage. An older model gray Jeep Commanche was seen parked near the woman's home on Wednesday morning with either Humphrey or Hamilton Co TN tags. The same Jeep was seen @ the Coon Hunt on Sat. Holly attended the event on Sat. Maybe someone saw something that can help authorities. WBBJ TV ABC 7 has coverage & contact numbers.
April 14 at 7:19am

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2259535195&v=wall

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #827 on: June 28, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »

http://www.theboot.com/2011/06/27/holly-bobo-search/

Search Continues for Whitney Duncan's Cousin, Holly Bobo
Posted Jun 27th 2011 9:00AM by Stephen L. Betts

More than 10 weeks have passed since the disappearance of Holly Bobo, a cousin of country singer Whitney Duncan. On Saturday (June 25), more than 100 bikers rode in an effort to assure friends, family and the small town of Parson, Tenn., that the search for the 20-year-old continues.

"Holly represents the hope of the future, [she] wants to be nurse; we want her to be a nurse," says Mary Beth Duke of the Tennessee River Riders Association, which hosted the event, raising an estimated $9,000 for the Bobo family.

Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #828 on: June 28, 2011, 09:40:37 PM »

Why do the news reports keep saying "alleged abduction"? What was this, if not an abduction, I wonder, and why would it still be alleged after all this time...

Well as i see it they may not buy the man in camo story.

I would like to know when she was last seen by someone other then her family!
Did mom and Dad see her that morning?

Where is Drew Scott?

I think Holly is right there very close to home!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #829 on: July 06, 2011, 11:18:58 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-lauren-spierer-missing-officials-don-t-believe-cases-are-connected
Holly Bobo & Lauren Spierer missing: Officials don't believe cases are connected
July 1, 2011

ENNESSEE / INDIANA (Isabelle Zehnder reporting) -- Law enforcement officials say they don't believe there's any connection between two missing women's cases - Tennessee nursing student Holly Bobo who was abducted in April and Indiana fashion student Lauren Spierer who vanished in June.

In a Crime Scene USA blog post June 29, the writer talks about the similarities of these two cases – of two beautiful, young, blonde, petite women in the prime of their lives.
Late Tuesday Bloomington police told Eyewitness News that they are aware of the similarities but that they don’t think there’s any connection at this time.

Asked in an email Thursday if the lead agency in Holly's case, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) believes there's any connection between the two cases, TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm said, “No. Our agents have been in touch with Indiana authorities and they have no reason to believe they are related.”

Regardless of what law enforcement is saying, some believe the similarities in these and other missing college students' cases across the nation should be looked at.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #830 on: July 07, 2011, 05:46:49 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-lauren-spierer-missing-officials-don-t-believe-cases-are-connected
Holly Bobo & Lauren Spierer missing: Officials don't believe cases are connected
July 1, 2011

ENNESSEE / INDIANA (Isabelle Zehnder reporting) -- Law enforcement officials say they don't believe there's any connection between two missing women's cases - Tennessee nursing student Holly Bobo who was abducted in April and Indiana fashion student Lauren Spierer who vanished in June.

In a Crime Scene USA blog post June 29, the writer talks about the similarities of these two cases – of two beautiful, young, blonde, petite women in the prime of their lives.
Late Tuesday Bloomington police told Eyewitness News that they are aware of the similarities but that they don’t think there’s any connection at this time.

Asked in an email Thursday if the lead agency in Holly's case, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) believes there's any connection between the two cases, TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm said, “No. Our agents have been in touch with Indiana authorities and they have no reason to believe they are related.”

Regardless of what law enforcement is saying, some believe the similarities in these and other missing college students' cases across the nation should be looked at.

I guess the FBI would know (I hope) but they seem rather suspiciously similar to me.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #831 on: July 07, 2011, 08:21:16 PM »

http://www.wmctv.com/story/15037152/three-months-later-what-happened-to-holly-bobo

Three months later: What happened to Holly Bobo?
Posted: Jul 06, 2011 6:10 PM CDT
Updated: Jul 06, 2011 10:16 PM CDT
By Janice Broach

Parsons, TN - (WMC-TV) - Almost three months after Holly Bobo disappeared, there is still an active command center in Parsons, Tennessee staffed with investigators tracking down leads.

Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt said Clint Bobo was the only one at home with Holly Bobo.

"This is according to her brother that he had seen her being led into the woods," said Wyatt.

Clint Bobo thought the man he saw wearing camouflage and walking toward the woods with his sister was her boyfriend.  Investigators were initially not clear about how long it took her brother to realize something was wrong, but Wyatt said it did not take long.

"A very, very short time," said Wyatt.

Wyatt said Clint Bobo called his mother first.  She then called 911.  Soon after, people were searching the wooded area around the Bobo family's house.

Investigators said Clint Bobo got only a glimpse of his sister's abductor, who he described as approximately 6 feet tall and weighing 200 pounds.

Aside from some items belonging to Holly Bobo that were discovered along tree lines, Wyatt said they have found nothing.

Investigators have not cleared anyone as a suspect in this case and investigators believe whoever took Holly Bobo knew her or knew of her and knew the area.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #832 on: July 08, 2011, 07:08:56 AM »

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979583584
Holly Bobo Update Reveals New Details
July 7, 2011

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #833 on: July 08, 2011, 04:41:08 PM »

hi janet im hoping you have that video in that amazing file system,where i thought the LE said a call came in at 7 something am
and another call about 20min later,i thought they said clint was one of the callers,maybe im wrong,im prob wrong

Thankfully, Sheriff Roy Wyatt cleared these details up for people who are following this case. For one thing, Clint Bobo didn't call the police after noticing that his sister was being abducted by a man dressed head-to-toe in camouflage hunting gear. Instead, he called his mother

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #834 on: July 09, 2011, 12:14:45 PM »

Why in the world would Clint call his mother vs. the police unless he knew who abducted her?  That doesn't even make sense. 
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #835 on: July 10, 2011, 02:01:45 PM »

hi janet im hoping you have that video in that amazing file system,where i thought the LE said a call came in at 7 something am
and another call about 20min later,i thought they said clint was one of the callers,maybe im wrong,im prob wrong

Thankfully, Sheriff Roy Wyatt cleared these details up for people who are following this case. For one thing, Clint Bobo didn't call the police after noticing that his sister was being abducted by a man dressed head-to-toe in camouflage hunting gear. Instead, he called his mother

found it,it was not Sheriff Roy Wyatt ,it was TBI spokesperson John Mehr,seems after all this time,the LE forces
are still not on the same pg,what a shame and holly is still missing
post link
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9797.msg1334889#msg1334889

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #836 on: July 11, 2011, 04:23:05 PM »

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/15057969/three-months-later-what-happened-to-holly-bobo
July 11, 2011

Decatur County, TN (WMC) -

Almost three months after Holly Bobo disappeared, there is still an active command center in Parsons, Tennessee staffed with investigators tracking down leads.
The FBI, TBI and the Marshal's Service are still in Parsons running down tips and leads.  Wyatt said more than 100 people claiming to be psychics have offered their expertise.  He said some of them have had some interesting information.
There is an $85,000 reward for information leading to Holly Bobo's location and the arrest of her abductor.  She is 5-3 and weighs 110 pounds with blonde, shoulder length hair and blue eyes.  Holly Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.

Anyone with information should call the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.

Investigators have not cleared anyone as a suspect in this case and investigators believe whoever took Holly Bobo knew her or knew of her and knew the area.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #837 on: July 11, 2011, 04:26:22 PM »

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979610888
Holly Bobo Becoming Cold Case Disappearance
July 11, 2011

The third month anniversary of the Holly Bobo disappearance is in two days and so far, nothing new has come up in her case. The 20-year old nursing student could still be out there somewhere, whether she is dead or alive. Why can't the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation figure this case out?
Sheriff Roy Wyatt of Decatur County admits that leads have dried up since around Easter weekend when a so-called "significant find" was located near a cement company in Parsons on the side of the road. Investigators have never released the identity of the discovered item, but have hinted that a phone tip to Karen Bobo led them to the location of the find. Otherwise, the only items found belonging to Holly Bobo were assorted papers from school, a lunch bag and a few other unnamed items.

The sheriff also claims that several investigative branches are looking at this case including the US Marshals and FBI; however, if such high-profile investigators were truly looking at this as a real disappearance case, wouldn't they have found more leads and released more details? Perhaps they already have a suspect in mind, and are just waiting for the person to crack under the pressure of their presence in the small community from which Holly vanished.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #838 on: July 11, 2011, 04:28:59 PM »

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979612477
Holly Bobo: 'Holly Across America' Campaign Kicks Off Tuesday
July 11, 2011

The "Holly Across America" campaign kicks off Tuesday and is another way Holly Bobo's friends, family, and community are coming together to keep her face and story in the public's eye.

The campaign event will kick off at CP Trucking headquarters at 362 McCorkle Lane in Parsons, Tennessee, on Tuesday at noon.
CP Trucking will be the first to feature the special Holly Bobo posters on their trucks. The idea behind the "Holly Across America" campaign is that truckers will put signs with Holly's picture, name, and police contact information on the backs of their 18-wheelers.

The hope is that truckers across America will join the effort to find Holly Bobo and bring her home to her family.
How truckers can obtain posters

Truckers can purchase the special "Holly Across America" posters from Amerawear Corporation in Parsons, Tennessee - (731) 968-5977. The company is offering the posters at their cost. This is not a for-profit event.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #839 on: July 11, 2011, 07:01:23 PM »

http://www.wmctv.com/story/15037152/three-months-later-what-happened-to-holly-bobo

Posted: Jul 06, 2011 6:10 PM CDT
Updated: Jul 06, 2011 10:16 PM CDT
By Janice Broach

Parsons, TN - (WMC-TV) - Almost three months after Holly Bobo disappeared, there is still an active command center in Parsons, Tennessee staffed with investigators tracking down leads.

Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt said Clint Bobo was the only one at home with Holly Bobo.

"This is according to her brother that he had seen her being led into the woods," said Wyatt.

Clint Bobo thought the man he saw wearing camouflage and walking toward the woods with his sister was her boyfriend.  Investigators were initially not clear about how long it took her brother to realize something was wrong, but Wyatt said it did not take long.

"A very, very short time," said Wyatt.

Wyatt said Clint Bobo called his mother first.  She then called 911.  Soon after, people were searching the wooded area around the Bobo family's house.

Investigators said Clint Bobo got only a glimpse of his sister's abductor, who he described as approximately 6 feet tall and weighing 200 pounds.

Aside from some items belonging to Holly Bobo that were discovered along tree lines, Wyatt said they have found nothing.

Maybe Sheriff Watts and TBI Agent Mehr should compare notes regarding the facts prior to respective media releases/conferences.

Bottom Line

Why didn't Clint and/or Karen attempt to reach Holly on her cell prior to calling 911.

The alleged abduction of Holly Bobo was a fabrication that was collaborated to distance the truth in regards to what actually took place prior to 7:30 PM on the morning of April 13th ... what may have even taken place prior to Karen and Dana leaving for their respective workplaces.  IMO

Janet

++++

Holly Bobo ‘In Fear of Her Life’
April 16, 2011

Holly Bobo, 20, was confronted Wednesday by a man in hunting camouflage who forced her to go with him into the woods, said John Mehr, spokesman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

“What we believe, and I’ll tell you he actually had an arm holding her and so we feel that she knew that she was in fear of her life so she was complying with his commands,” he told a news conference.

Mehr said investigators “did not see drag marks.” He added she was “not forcefully dragged and she’s like any other victim, maybe complying with her attacker, but she walked into the woods” outside her Pasrons, Tenn. home.

Bobo’s 25-year-old brother Clint watched from inside the home, but did not believe she was being abducted until later. He saw the stranger from behind and believed it was his sister’s boyfriend.

Her brother, said Mehr, “had reasons to believe [the man] was not an attacker,” and did not call 911 until he saw blood outside.[/color]

http://www.asapnewsnetwork.com/holly-bobo-in-fear-of-her-life/

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.