April 26, 2024, 01:24:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #193 5/03/11 - 5/06/11  (Read 277196 times)
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #260 on: May 05, 2011, 12:39:02 AM »

I was just wondering. If I was to be in florida in june. Would I be able to sit in while the trial is going on?
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #261 on: May 05, 2011, 12:39:10 AM »

First, many thanks Trimm!  Where do we pick up our media credentials for trial?  My bags are packed and my flight is booked.  After all, Cindy's declared us to be media and if Cindy said it, it must be so.  NOT! ROTFL  Wow! I had no idea how large my circle of influence is!   

Secondly, what drug is Cindy Anthony on?  Seriously.  That she thinks she and George are entitled to special exemptions and exclusions from the law is self-delusional, at best...narcisstic sociopathic at worst.  Cindy Anthony does have a life threatening allergy though.  She's allergic to the Truth.  She's in danger of strangers and co-workers alike, seeing the Anthony family interact as they normally do...the arguing,manipulation, power plays, cursing, overt narcissism, etc.  The implosion called their family dynamics.

Third, it's very interesting that the premise of the Anthony's entire argument (one, which Cindy has played repeatedly to us media members), is that she can't visit Casey because the visits are taped.  Uh...No.  She is welcome to go to the jail 24/7. We're not the ones refusing her visits....Casey is. Of course, she can't hold Casey accountable-that would defeat Cindy's "Mother of the Year" assertions.  According to their attorney, the Anthonys can't hold a normal conversation with Casey for fear of being videotaped.  First, we need to define that word "normal".  Normal for who?  You and I? Or normal for the Anthonys?  Given the volatile history of Cindy and George (per the Zenaida Gonzales court depos, numerous confrontations and shoving matches with protestors, neighbor reports of family arguments heard houses away, and jail video visits arguments with Casey), these people are anything but normal. The fact is they're afraid because they have something to hide.  They all three know how volatile and toxic their relationship is (think Cindy's 911 calls with Casey sitting right beside in the car and in the house, Casey;s first scathing phone call home from jail) and they know how unpredictable Casey is.  They should be worried...very worried.  Parents wishing to go speak loving words of support to their incarcerated child, do so.  Parents who go to speak of their failings as parents or to encourage their child to do the right thing, do so.  What is there to hide? Note to Cindy and George Anthony, you've had nearly 3 years to go visit Casey- she refused you. You have been speaking to her over these nearly three years- they're called letters.  If Casey doesn't know your and George's hearts and intentions by now, it's because she's chosen not to.  You can't blame us media members. The fact of the matter is, Cindy & George can't afford for people to see the real Casey.  The problem is that jurors are not deaf, dumb, and blind, like the Anthonys have pretended to be for most of 21 years.  Jurors will see through Casey easily and they won't need us media members "influencing" them either.  George and Cindy should be very scared.  This motion tells me they are.

Finally, Cindy & George's motion to be excluded from sequestration brings up an interesting scenario.  It speaks to Cindy's need to control the trial and possibly attempt to influence the outcome (through perjury or courtroom antics).  IMO, it also highlights her/their fear of what exactly Casey has planned for them.  Cindy & George are no doubt well aware how spiteful and vindictive Casey really is.  Being sequestered brings with it the distinct possibility/likelihood that Casey is going to make serious, life-changing accusations against one or both of them and they will not be in the courtroom to immediately refute those charges.  No wonder Casey's camp is not objecting to the sequestration.  No wonder Cindy & George are alarmed...they should be.  For Casey, it's payback time.  After all, Cindy is the one who pushed it by calling 911 that final time (backpedal as she may).  Cindy & George know who and what they're dealing with and the ammunition she's been storing up...no wonder they're alarmed.  The reality is, I fully expect Judge Perry to deny their motion, based on precendent.  Simply put, it has no legal standing, unless George is Caylee's biological father.  The Anthonys attempted Hail Mary pass is going to be shot down. It will be  "Motion is without merit= denied".

All my own opinion.  Signed, I.M. Media

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
CarolF
Scared Monkey

« Reply #262 on: May 05, 2011, 12:52:50 AM »

I was just wondering. If I was to be in florida in june. Would I be able to sit in while the trial is going on?

I think they have like 50 seats for the public and they said first come first in but I sure can't swear to it. We will probably all know more next week. I would sure love to be able to sit in on the trial too but no such luck.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #263 on: May 05, 2011, 01:16:06 AM »

If I'm not mistaken, jury selection is a closed proceeding. The Anthony's directing their lawyer make a statement on their behalf is grandiose posturing.  They couldn't legally be there, unless they're the defendant charged in the case, the prosecuting attorneys, or the defense attorneys.  In short, they're not invited to the party.  This sounds like Cindy saving face to me.  It's sad that she/they felt like they had to spin it...not as sad as Caylee dying because so much other stuff was spun for the last 21 years.  There's a point where people who refuse to acknowledge their sin are overtaken by their sin. Even now, Cindy continues to entrench herself in her "position"- her rights as a victim, her constitutional rights being violated, her right to have an unsupervised (in any form) visit with Casey.  Does she really think Casey's going to listen to her now?  Seriously?  She hasn't respected or listened to Cindy for years and now, she's got nothing to lose.  Cindy honestly (an oxymoron, I know) believes she holds sway over Casey.  Casey, on the other hand, has no bargaining chip.  Cindy can't pull this one out of a hat for her, so Cindy's as useless to Casey as Amy's empty checkbook.  It appears more than one person is going to be receiving a reality check during this trial.  If Cindy's in denial about anything, it's the fact that Casey hates her.   All MOO

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #264 on: May 05, 2011, 01:29:33 AM »

http://floridarulesofappellateprocedure.com/rules/2009/08/rule-9100-original-proceedings.php
Florida Rules of Appellate Procedure
RULE 9.100 ORIGINAL PROCEEDINGS

Quick question for our legal-eagle monkeys: Would the stations involved be required to prove material injury resulting from the confidentiality agreement?  Is their argument that an independent station (one not signing the agreement) will scoop them and they will legally be unable to compete?  The way I see it, is that stations agreeing to confidentiality are guaranteed accurate information with ease; whereas independent stations will have to track down sources and verify info quickly.  IMO, Judge Perry was serving notice to the defense that he would not allow them to taint the jury pool with media appearances by giving them the jury selection location in advance.  I expect the DCA to uphold Judge Perry's ruling. JMO

Forecast for the Day:
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #265 on: May 05, 2011, 04:29:05 AM »

Bozo's on FB again tonight.
I guess he's all prepared for voire dire because I opened my chat and there he is.

He is such a putz.

I mean, who, while having to defend his client's life, gets on facebook? 

Clearly a huge putz.

Wish I were on his friends list (not really)

I would be too tempted to ask him..."Hey, don't you have work to do you putz?" Monkey Devil!

Yeah, me too.  He is really so deluded. 
ok what does voir dire mean

I am not a lawyer, but I think voir dire is the process of jury questioning to get rid of the ones who are not open minded. 

Yup.

Here's a definition:

voir dire

(vwahr [with a near-silent "r"] deer) n. from French "to see to speak," the questioning of prospective jurors by a judge and attorneys in court. Voir dire is used to determine if any juror is biased and/or cannot deal with the issues fairly, or if there is cause not to allow a juror to serve (knowledge of the facts; acquaintanceship with parties, witnesses or attorneys; occupation which might lead to bias; prejudice against the death penalty; or previous experiences such as having been sued in a similar case). Actually one of the unspoken purposes of the voir dire is for the attorneys to get a feel for the personalities and likely views of the people on the jury panel. In some courts the judge asks most of the questions, while in others the lawyers are given substantial latitude and time to ask questions.
http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=2229
A few years ago I served on a jury and the public was not allowed in the court room for voir dire. The judge,lawyers,defendant,court reporter,etc. were there but it was very much a closed proceeding. It was videotaped and prospective jurors were identified by numbers only. Not sure how it is done in Florida and I can only imagine the questions this defense will ask !

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: May 05, 2011, 07:01:36 AM »

Shades of Aruba ...

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: May 05, 2011, 07:08:10 AM »

CNN Video Report - Jose Baez on the "Obsession" with ICA:
http://www.cnn.com/video/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_freevideo+%28RSS%3A+Video%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher#/video/bestoftv/2011/05/04/exp.spr.casey.jose.baez.intv.hln

Issues With Jane Velez Mitchell 05/04/11
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1105/04/ijvm.01.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: May 05, 2011, 07:10:27 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-ed-casey-anthony-secrecy-050511-20110504,0,1340096.story
Restricting news coverage in the Casey Anthony trial sets a dangerous precedent 12:00 a.m. EDT, May 5, 2011
The case of accused child-killer Casey Anthony has been such a magnet for media coverage that Judge Belvin Perry decided to pick a jury outside Central Florida and import it for the upcoming trial. That's an unusual but not unheard-of move for a judge presiding in a high-profile case.

But Perry has done something else that he acknowledges is unprecedented. We think it's also unwise, and unjustified.

Perry ordered news outlets to sign a "confidentiality agreement" if they want to find out ahead of time — from the court — where in Florida the jury will be chosen. The agreement forces them to wait for the location until the day before jury selection begins, and to hold off on reporting that information until selection is under way.

Agreement signers who violate its terms will lose the right to cover the trial for themselves and their news organizations. They also could be fined or jailed.

Perry says he set these conditions to prevent an explosion of news coverage ahead of jury selection in the new location, which he fears would taint the pool of possible jurors and compromise Anthony's constitutional right to a fair trial. We share his goal of a fair trial. We just think he has overreached in trying to get there.
 ::snipping2::

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: May 05, 2011, 07:13:47 AM »

HLN Special Report Part 1 (5/4/11) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um9O18Re664&feature=player_embedded
HLN Special Report Part 2 (5/4/11) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkGBdw7rwwE&feature=player_embedded

(H/T WSANEWSJUNKIE)

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: May 05, 2011, 07:20:12 AM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27770760/detail.html
Anthony Judge Issues Decorum Rules
Casey Anthony Murder Trial Set To Begin This Month
POSTED: Wednesday, May 4, 2011
UPDATED: 5:57 am EDT May 5, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The judge in the Casey Anthony case on Wednesday released rules for members of the public who obtain courtroom seats to view the murder trial.

READ: Judge's Order http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2011/0504/27776657.pdf
MORE: Parents Want Meeting With Casey http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27769844/detail.html
VIDEO: Public Viewing Rules http://www.clickorlando.com/video/27779799/index.html
 ::snipping2::

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: May 05, 2011, 07:23:39 AM »

First, many thanks Trimm!  Where do we pick up our media credentials for trial?  My bags are packed and my flight is booked.  After all, Cindy's declared us to be media and if Cindy said it, it must be so.  NOT! ROTFL  Wow! I had no idea how large my circle of influence is!   
snipped for space

Let's go!

~ Peter Frampton
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #272 on: May 05, 2011, 07:35:37 AM »

I am reading the motion to keep communication private - did anyone notice that the motion states that they want to keep communication between GA and KC but no mention of CA?

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #273 on: May 05, 2011, 07:52:53 AM »

I am reading the motion to keep communication private - did anyone notice that the motion states that they want to keep communication between GA and KC but no mention of CA?

Yes, it's stated like that in a couple of places!?!  It makes me want to think that George is going to take a fall for Casey and they need to get their stories straight. 

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #274 on: May 05, 2011, 08:18:56 AM »

I read that Boyz, interesting slip of the tongue, eh?

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: May 05, 2011, 08:21:23 AM »

Yes, it's stated like that in a couple of places!?!  It makes me want to think that George is going to take a fall for Casey and they need to get their stories straight. 

God I hope he is not that stupid....wait, I know he is, but hopefully he won't do anything so stupid as that..don't understand these nut jobs who don't want justice for their grand daughter's murder..

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #276 on: May 05, 2011, 08:27:38 AM »

Did I miss the Dr. Vass motion?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #277 on: May 05, 2011, 09:18:20 AM »

Did I miss the Dr. Vass motion?
No, we are still waiting.  Maybe today......

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #278 on: May 05, 2011, 09:26:21 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27775256/detail.html

Ask The Judge: Parents' Charges, Evidence, Casey's Plea

Judge O.H. Eaton, Jr., WESH Legal Analyst

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27775256/detail.html#ixzz1LU4P3kt9

Dear Judge Eaton: Are there any circumstances under which George and Cindy Anthony could refuse to answer a question? They have been confrontational with the prosecutor already, and I am expecting more of that. -- Suzanne

Let me try to answer your question this way: A witness has the Constitutional right to refuse to answer an incriminating question. However, under Florida law, a prosecutor can give what is called “use immunity” to a witness, which means the prosecutor cannot use the answer against the witness in a future criminal prosecution. If a witness just refuses to cooperate, the court can use contempt power to put the witness in custody until the witness agrees to cooperate. That is called “civil contempt.” The witness carries the keys to the jail in his pocket and will be released as soon as he cooperates. Alternatively, the court can order the witness to answer, and if the witness still refuses to cooperate, criminal contempt proceedings can be initiated. Criminal contempt is punishable by up to six months in jail in Florida. -- Judge O.H. Eaton

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27775256/detail.html#ixzz1LU4ZBlKa

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: May 05, 2011, 09:28:10 AM »

http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/
Karma Planning Spontaneous Trip to Orlando 04/28/11
Posted by eggtreenews in Uncategorized. Tagged: Parody News, Casey Anthony, Caylee Anthony, jose baez, eggtreenews, cindy anthony, anthony trial. 38 Comments

http://humbleopinionforum.net/2011/05/04/casey-anthony-just-some-trial-information-need-to-know/
Written on 4 May 2011 at 17:06 by humbleopinion (*)
Casey Anthony just some Trial information NEED to KNOW!

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.