March 28, 2024, 08:24:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden Dead  (Read 116002 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 01, 2011, 10:48:34 PM »

I'm listening to the NBC Evening News with David Gregory.  President Obama is preparing to speak concerning what is being said is the death of Osama Bin Laden.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 03:06:11 PM by klaasend » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 10:52:21 PM »

http://www.americablog.com/2011/05/obama-to-make-address-at-1030-pm-et-not.html
BREAKING: Obama to make address nation soon. Rumors that Bin Laden is dead
May 1, 2011

http://twitter.com/#!/markknoller/status/64880629019443200
@markknoller Mark Knoller
CBS Congressional producer Jill Jackson reporting House Intelligence Committee aide says Obama will announce Osama bin Laden is dead.
14 minutes ago via web
Retweeted by TaQuoyaKennedy and others

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 10:52:38 PM »

The United States has Bin Laden's body and they will confirm that it is him.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 10:53:27 PM »

This is emotional for me.  I lost a lot of friends in the attacks.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 10:58:37 PM »

This is emotional for me.  I lost a lot of friends in the attacks.

I'm so sorry you lost friends in the attacks San.   an angelic monkey   I didn't know any of the people personally that were killed or wounded in the attacks, but it shook me to my core. 

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 11:01:40 PM »

Thank you Muffy.  I was lucky that day.  If I didn't take my vacation that week I would have been there in the building.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 11:05:16 PM »

Thank you Muffy.  I was lucky that day.  If I didn't take my vacation that week I would have been there in the building.

San    I'm so sorry you lost friends, but thank heavens you were safe. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 11:21:23 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/01/usama-bin-laden-dead-say-sources/
Slideshow
Usama Bin Laden is Dead, Say Sources
May 1, 2011

Usama bin Laden is dead, multiple sources confirm to Fox News.

President Obama is expected to deliver a statement from the White House Sunday night to discuss the major development.

Sources said bin Laden was killed by a U.S. bomb a week ago. The U.S. had been waiting for the results of a DNA test to confirm his identity.

::snipping2::

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 11:25:06 PM »

http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/nation/2011/05/osama-bin-laden-dead-us-has-body
Osama Bin Laden is dead, US has the body
May 1, 2011

Osama Bin Laden is dead, multiple news agencies are now confirming.
 ::snipping2::
President Obama is scheduled to give a very rare Sunday evening press conference shortly.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 11:31:00 PM »

SHOT by the USA in the head   

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 11:37:16 PM »

What wonderful news. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 11:44:06 PM »

They were monitoring him since August.  A small team of Americans went in there and took him down.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 11:46:36 PM »

They were monitoring him since August.  A small team of Americans went in there and took him down.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 11:48:46 PM »

God Bless our Troops an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 11:57:19 PM »

Happy Day!  God Bless USA!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 11:58:42 PM »

Great news!   

It has been a long wait. 

My sincere gratitude to all of the U. S. service men and women who have worked towards and finally achieved this goal, it's a great day for America.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 12:01:58 AM »

I'm so sorry about the loss of your friends San, I'm thankful that you weren't there.

I didn't know anyone that died or was injured personally, but I will never forget.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 12:02:46 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/WXLQ2RPLO78" target="_blank">http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/WXLQ2RPLO78</a>
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 12:04:32 AM »

Breaking the "snipping" rule for this

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/01/usama-bin-laden-dead-say-sources/

Usama Bin Laden Is Dead, Sources Confirm

Published May 01, 2011 | FoxNews.com

Usama bin Laden is dead, putting an end to the worldwide manhunt that began nearly a decade ago on Sept. 11, 2001. The architect of the deadliest terror attack on U.S. soil was killed a week ago inside Pakistan by a U.S. bomb.

President Obama announced the stunning development during an address to the nation late Sunday night from the White House.

“Tonight, I can report to the American people and to the world that the United States has conducted an operation that killed Usama bin Laden, the leader of Al Qaeda.”

The U.S. had been waiting for the results of a DNA test to confirm his identity before going public. Sources said the vice president informed congressional leaders late Sunday night that the world’s most wanted man had indeed been killed.

The announcement comes nearly a decade after the 2001 terror attacks which triggered the Afghanistan war and started a tireless hunt for the terrorist mastermind and Al Qaeda leader.

In recent years, that hunt had increasingly led U.S. intelligence across the border and into Pakistan, where Al Qaeda is thought to be concentrated.

In light of bin Laden’s death, authorities around the world are being urged to take security precautions. One source said officials are concerned bin Laden’s death could incite violence or terrorist acts against U.S. personnel overseas.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/01/usama-bin-laden-dead-say-sources/#ixzz1LAFiHYbK
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 12:04:43 AM »

I'm so sorry about the loss of your friends San, I'm thankful that you weren't there.

I didn't know anyone that died or was injured personally, but I will never forget.

Thanks TM. It's a relief that we got this monster the way we did.  It was very fitting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.