March 28, 2024, 11:43:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden Dead  (Read 116010 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 01:18:36 AM »

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2014933392_apwabinladenwashingtonstate.html

Bin Laden's death cheered near Seattle-area base

People on a freeway overpass are celebrating the death of Osama bin Laden with motorists driving past Joint Base Lewis-McChord south of Seattle.

JOINT BASE LEWIS-McCHORD, Wash. —

People on a freeway overpass are celebrating the death of Osama bin Laden with motorists driving past Joint Base Lewis-McChord south of Seattle.

A small group, including at least two soldiers, are waving American flags and cheering atop the Interstate 5 overpass that's known as Freedom Bridge and leads to one of the base's gates.

Drivers are honking their horns as they pass under the bridge that's decorated with yellow ribbons and patriotic slogans. Some are shouting phrases like "Osama is dead" and "We finally got him."

::snipping2::
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2011, 01:20:30 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNrdmjcNTc

Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue (The Angry American)
by Toby Keith

Lots of comments on this video tonight!   

Guess I wasn't the only one who thought of it when I heard the news...   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
crazybabyborg
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2011, 01:27:18 AM »

Thanks, TM. On this, I have no political view, right or left. I'm grateful that Obama set getting Bin Laden as a priority and that he saw the results. I know that Bush did what he could to achieve it and shares in the pride that it was accomplished.

I'm proud of our troops, and hope that the one that put that bullet in Bin Laden's head feels the gratitude of all Americans!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2011, 01:42:22 AM »

by Toby Keith

Love it, TM!!   

I have to add this one!! Woo Hoo!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtZ5YsvREi4
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2011, 01:48:08 AM »

by Toby Keith

Love it, TM!!   

I have to add this one!! Woo Hoo!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtZ5YsvREi4

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2011, 02:15:59 AM »

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2014933392_apwabinladenwashingtonstate.html

Bin Laden's death cheered near Seattle-area base

JOINT BASE LEWIS-McCHORD, Wash. —

A small group, including at least two soldiers, are waving American flags and cheering atop the Interstate 5 overpass that's known as Freedom Bridge and leads to one of the base's gates.

Drivers are honking their horns as they pass under the bridge that's decorated with yellow ribbons and patriotic slogans. Some are shouting phrases like "Osama is dead" and "We finally got him."

::snipping2::

::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ::

an angelic monkey

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2011, 02:50:10 AM »

OSAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD! … Confirmed! (Update: US raid in Abbottabad, Pakistan)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/05/01/osama-bin-laden-is-dead-confirmed/

DING DONG … THE BID LADEN IS DEAD!

Geraldo Rivera from Fox News is reporting OSAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD!!!

UPDATE VII: Tonight I thank our US military for finally getting this dog. It is not very often that I am joyous over death, but tonight I am. I can’t but help but think back to the morning of September 11, 2001 and remember the images of death, destruction and carnage. I remember the people from my town that were killed on 9-11 and the many alumni from high school and college that passed away on that fateful day. I think back to
when we came together as a nation to defeat a common foe. A prayer goes out to the families of the victims of 9-11 and those that died.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2011, 02:53:40 AM »

Compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, where Osama bin Laden was Killed by US Navy SEALS (VIDEO) … Celebrations Break Out in DC & NYC

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/05/02/compound-in-abbottabad-pakistan-where-osama-bin-laden-was-killed-by-us-navy-seals-video-celebrations-break-out-in-dc-nyc/

As reported at CNN via Geo TV, below is a video of the compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, where Osama bin Laden was killed by U.S. Navy SEALS in a firefight. It is being reported that Bin Laden was given the opportunity to surrender; however, did not do so and was shot in the head by Navy Seals.  As only the folks at the Jawa Report can opine … ["Navy Seals...F*ck Yeah!] took out OBL, after firefight. Hence, the reason we have his body. (Warning Adult Language). In all, three other men were also killed in raid, including Bin Laden’s oldest son, as was a woman who was being used as a human shield.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2011, 03:31:23 AM »

It's been reported that perhaps the US will bury his body at sea. It will be done within 24 hours in accordance with Muslim tradition. I hope so. That way no "shrine" can crop up and I sort of like the idea that his remains will soon be fish crap. 

Some of the reporters have seen the pics of his body. He was shot just above and between the eyes.    Pictures were taken and sent to US intelligience to confirm his identity as well as one of the residents identifying him to the military before he was killed.

Even though it was said that Pakistan "cooperated" with the operation, it's been reported that the operation was done without their knowledge. The compund was built in 2005, and was 8 times the size of other residents in the area. It had high walls and barbed wire. 2 brothers acting as couriers for Bin Laden owned the million doller mansion with no means of income. Many of the neighbors were top Pakistani Military personnel. Makes me go hmmmmm that Pakistan tried so hard to help us find him.  Rolling Eyes

IMO, it's pretty clear that had we spoken with anyone in the Pakistan govm't, he would have suddenly disappeared.

The compound is burning, but it's unclear at this point who set it on fire. He was a coward to the end, using a woman as a shield. He was given an opportunity to surrender, but declined. Apparently we didn't give him a second chance.   

One of our military helicopters had mechanical problems and landed hard on the compound. That chopper was destroyed on the site (by us). The residents of the compound put up quite a fight.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2011, 04:08:22 AM »

Oh Good! He's already buried at sea!! 

"Osama Bin Fish Crap" has a nice ring to it!   ::justice2NJ::
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2011, 06:40:10 AM »

This is emotional for me.  I lost a lot of friends in the attacks.
I'm sorry San.
  May God rest their souls and all who were lost.   an angelic monkey

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2011, 06:50:30 AM »

I am wondering if this is why William and Kate postponed their honeymoon.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2011, 06:54:02 AM »

I celebrate the removal of this evil from the world. I mourn the losses of life that have been cause by the search for this evil. I hope his death stops some of the violence of these extreamist but I fear it will not.

I do love this status from Pat Brown's FB page (which I stole!) "Tonight there are 72 virgins in heaven saying, "Oh, hell no!""

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2011, 06:55:11 AM »

Thank you can.

I am just grateful they put an end to this monster.  I know there are others but it puts an end to the name that was responsible for killing all these innocent people.  I heard someone say on the news this morning why give him a proper burial.  Did he give the others a proper burial.

Sometimes we have to look at the big picture.  It was a fight against a madman not a fight against a religion.

It changed the way we think.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2011, 06:55:20 AM »

Wow! I hadn't thought of that, San! I feel sure heads of State would have been made aware, so they probably knew.

Good question!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2011, 07:00:46 AM »

Thank you can.

I am just grateful they put an end to this monster.  I know there are others but it puts an end to the name that was responsible for killing all these innocent people.  I heard someone say on the news this morning why give him a proper burial.  Did he give the others a proper burial.

Sometimes we have to look at the big picture.  It was a fight against a madman not a fight against a religion.

It changed the way we think.

It really did. I feel like America came out of childhood on that day. I mean that in a sad way, not a critical one. The faith and optimism of childhood was tainted by it and we emerged more mature but with scars of experience and forced awareness.

For me, it's like life before loosing anyone we love. We just can't comprehend it until it happens.   
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2011, 07:07:52 AM »

Here is a tweet by Kelly Cutrone.  She happened to be in a cab in the United States and the cab driver was crying because Bin Laden was killed.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2011, 07:12:23 AM »

I am listening to the news and it is said that the U.S. did not inform the Pakistani Government of their move.

I feel if they did they would not have gotten Bin Laden.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2011, 07:14:04 AM »

OK off to work.  Have a good day everyone.

Today is a day where the good people won.  ::justice2NJ::
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2011, 07:16:03 AM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.