April 19, 2024, 03:41:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden Dead  (Read 116470 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2011, 04:17:48 PM »

Based upon this image posted on the FoxNews site, I believe I have found the same compound in Google Maps:

From Fox:

From Google Maps:

http://goo.gl/maps/pjSu
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2011, 05:00:27 PM »

White House: Woman Shielded Bin Laden

A woman shielded Osama bin Laden from gunfire during the assault by U.S. forces,
President Barack Obama's top counterterrorism adviser said Monday. ::snipping2::

MORE DETAILS: <http://www.wfsb.com/tu/5Yo5ioe8M.html>

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2011, 05:14:52 PM »

Blonde - one of the articles I read said that for the most part, all of the men in the compound were using women to shield them.  Loosers.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2011, 05:15:50 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/02/cia-analyze-electronic-evidence-seized-bin-laden-compound/
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2011, 05:33:52 PM »

Blonde - one of the articles I read said that for the most part, all of the men in the compound were using women to shield them.  Loosers.

::MonkeyHaHa::It would be a cold day in hell before I would shield any MAN from getting a bullet in the eye

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2011, 05:46:12 PM »

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2011, 05:53:52 PM »

Picture above from this link

(U.S. Military Photos of bin-Laden's hideout)

DevGru belongs to the Joint Special Operations Command, an extraordinary and unusual collection of classified standing task forces and special-missions units. They report to the president and operate worldwide based on the legal (or extra-legal) premises of classified presidential directives. Though the general public knows about the special SEALs and their brothers in Delta Force, most JSOC missions never leak. We only hear about JSOC when something goes bad (a British aid worker is accidentally killed) or when something really big happens (a merchant marine captain is rescued at sea), and even then, the military remains especially sensitive about their existence. Several dozen JSOC operatives have died in Pakistan over the past several years. Their names are released by the Defense Department in the usual manner, but with a cover story -- generally, they were killed in training accidents in eastern Afghanistan. That's the code.

How did the helicopters elude the Pakistani air defense network? Did they spoof transponder codes? Were they painted and tricked out with Pakistan Air Force equipment? If so -- and we may never know -- two other JSOC units, the Technical Application Programs Office and the Aviation Technology Evaluation Group, were responsible. These truly are the silent squirrels -- never getting public credit and not caring one whit. Since 9/11, the JSOC units and their task forces have become the U.S. government's most effective and lethal weapon against terrorists and their networks, drawing plenty of unwanted, and occasionally unflattering, attention to themselves in the process.

Click image to see photos of Americans reacting to bin Laden's death

::snipping2::

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_exclusive/20110502/pl_yblog_exclusive/the-secret-team-that-killed-bin-laden

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2011, 06:25:43 PM »

http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/02/navy-seal-uss-carl-vinsons-san-diego-irish-pub-photo-osama-bin-laden-dead/

Navy SEALs -- The Beer Guzzlin' Celebration

11 minutes ago by TMZ Staff 

A bunch of Navy SEALs based in San Diego celebrated their faces off last night ... toasting the UNBELIEVABLE raid carried out by their fellow SEAL brothers at a S.D. bar ... which happens to be owned by a retired SEAL.

TMZ spoke with American bad ass Greg McPartlin -- owner of McP's pub -- who told us when the news broke, SEALs from the nearby Naval Base Coronado quickly packed the house ... many carrying American flags.

We're told the soldiers went through 8 kegs, 15 cases of beer and TONS of cocktails in just four hours ... while leading the bar in several "USA!" chants.

McPartlin tells us, "It's great -- Osama was expecting his 72 virgins, instead he got 24 Virginians!" (The Navy SEAL team that executed the mission is based in Virginia.)

FYI -- the Naval Base Coronado is the home of the USS Carl Vinson ... the ship from which Osama's body was dumped into the North Arabian Sea.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2011, 06:48:59 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42865101/ns/world_news-death_of_bin_laden/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2011, 07:23:00 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/02/obama-visist-nycs-gound-zero/

Obama to Visist NYC's Ground Zero

Published May 02, 2011

One day after he announced the killing of Usama bin Laden, President Obama said he will travel to Ground Zero in New York City to meet with the families of 9/11 victims.

Ground Zero, the site of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks by Al Qaeda that felled the World Trade Center's Twin Towers, has turned into a rallying site since New Yorkers learned the Al Qaeda leader was killed Sunday during a raid by U.S. Navy SEALs.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/02/obama-visist-nycs-gound-zero/#ixzz1LExCAPim

P.S.  If FoxNews needs someone to proof read their site I'd be happy to help.  (for a price  )
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2011, 07:24:44 PM »

Osama Bin Laden dead: President Obama, advisors watched raid to kill Al Qaeda leader unfold live

BY Helen Kennedy
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Originally Published:Monday, May 2nd 2011, 3:49 PM
Updated: Monday, May 2nd 2011, 6:16 PM

On Sunday afternoon, President Obama and his commanders sat in the Situation Room, tensely monitoring a handful of SEALs stalking Osama Bin Laden half a world away.

While much of the nation was snickering over birth certificate jokes or enjoying a sunny day, the President was in the White House basement, holding his breath.

The drama of the raid into Pakistan played out in real time on secure video screens and in radio bursts.

"The minutes passed like days," said John Brennan, assistant to the President for Counter Terrorism.

"It was probably one of the most anxiety-filled periods of time in the lives of the people who were assembled here."

Brennan said Obama was extremely concerned about the safety of the men he had sent into Pakistan on a covert mission to take out bin Laden.

"That was what was on his mind throughout," Brennan said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/05/02/2011-05-02_osama_bin_laden_dead_president_obama_advisors_watched_raid_to_kill_al_qaeda_lead.html#ixzz1LExjR66a
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2011, 08:57:31 PM »

I normally do not buy into these things except Boo posted it on my FB page and not five minutes later a friend got infected:

WARNING::::::::PLEASE READ AND REPOST!
WARNING: there is a video circulating around Facebook of a BBC video of the killing of Osama Bin Laden, supposedly made by US troops. It is a Virus!!!!! Spread the news because it's circulating fast ( copied)

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
crazybabyborg
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2011, 09:34:18 PM »

Osama Bin Laden dead: President Obama, advisors watched raid to kill Al Qaeda leader unfold live

BY Helen Kennedy
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

On Sunday afternoon, President Obama and his commanders sat in the Situation Room, tensely monitoring a handful of SEALs stalking Osama Bin Laden half a world away.

While much of the nation was snickering over birth certificate jokes or enjoying a sunny day, the President was in the White House basement, holding his breath.

The drama of the raid into Pakistan played out in real time on secure video screens and in radio bursts.

"The minutes passed like days," said John Brennan, assistant to the President for Counter Terrorism.

"It was probably one of the most anxiety-filled periods of time in the lives of the people who were assembled here."

Brennan said Obama was extremely concerned about the safety of the men he had sent into Pakistan on a covert mission to take out bin Laden.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/05/02/2011-05-02_osama_bin_laden_dead_president_obama_advisors_watched_raid_to_kill_al_qaeda_lead.html#ixzz1LExjR66a

That's amazing! My God, I would have had all my nails chewed off!!!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2011, 09:35:34 PM »

I normally do not buy into these things except Boo posted it on my FB page and not five minutes later a friend got infected:

WARNING::::::::PLEASE READ AND REPOST!
WARNING: there is a video circulating around Facebook of a BBC video of the killing of Osama Bin Laden, supposedly made by US troops. It is a Virus!!!!! Spread the news because it's circulating fast ( copied)

Thanks!! I do wish they would release a picture, but I'll wait until it's released in the MSM, if it ever is!
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2011, 12:56:25 AM »

BY Helen Kennedy
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

That's amazing! My God, I would have had all my nails chewed off!!!

Thank you for posting this CCB.  People need to knock off the stupid criticism of our President.  He is our President.he has accomplished many things..and I believe he has all our best interest at heart.  It took a concerted effort from all the intell and governement agencies involved to bring this together..and it took a man with determination and guts to put it in action and give the go ahead.  Maybe some will think twice before they believe everything they read about him..because he took this job to try to make things better..and by God..slowly but surely they are getting better.  JMO

Guess  The Donalds big mouth and low IQ are showing about now..and Tea Party advocates..Hello..keep your sticky damn fingers off my social security, medicare and medicaid.  If the Republicans feel we need more money lets cut their friends and them a deal..lets close the tax loopholes on major corporations.  Then lets close the tax loopholes for those making over $250K .  And yes I paid my 30% this year, as did the business my husband and I own..just like I expect my friends and neighbors to do and my fellow business owners, if they are lucky enough to be in that bracket during this hard economic time.  I am sick and tired of the rich taking away from what we have all earned and by the way paid into..social securtity, medicare and medicaid.  And for those Republicans worried about Obamas health care plan..get out your frigging history books..the first President to try to pass a health care bill..almost exactly like this one was..none other then President Nixon.  He really wanted that for this country..but because politicians can't and never will agree it never passed.  So 30 years later it comes to fruition..and Republicans want to stop it..where are your heads? 

Thank God Congress was not appraised and did not have to vote on this action...

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
crazybabyborg
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2011, 02:27:33 AM »

Gypsy, I am very proud of our President around the events of today. It took bravery, tremendous forethought, and faith in our intelligience and troops to pull off so successfully the operation that finally brought Bin Laden down. It could not have happened without Obama's diligience and nod of approval.

I also give credit to the formation of Gitmo and interrogations that brought the information to light that was an integral piece of today's success.

I believe that the end of Bin Laden is something all Americans can rejoice and take pride in without political considerations and be grateful for the virtues of any Administration that contributed in any way to bringing justice for the loss of almost 3,000 innocent lives.

I take great comfort and pride of country that the process did not falter through at least 2 and perhaps 3 administrations and that different party affiliation did not cause loss of focus. For me, it's appropriate that it's that way and that on this day we can stand together as just Americans without finding fault or blame in each other based in politics. There are so few events anymore that don't divide us. I don't imagine Bin Laden cared about whether the Navy Seal holding the gun pointed at him was a Republican or Democrat or Tea Party member. I rather fancy he just saw an American as his last image. I'm glad about that and it's plenty good enough for me too.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2011, 09:03:59 AM »

I stole this

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2011, 12:06:21 PM »

A lot of my friends don't believe this news like this one:

AM I WRONG TO QUESTION THE VALIDITY THAT OSAMA BIN LADEN IS TRULY DEAD? HIS BODY DUMPED AT SEA TO HONOR MUSLIM TRADITION??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME! LIKE WE SHOULD GIVE A SHIT ABOUT MUSLIM TRADITION? THEY SURE DIDNT CARE ABOUT ANY OF OUR TRADITIONS ON SEPTEMBER 11TH 2001. I PRAY THAT THIS ISNT SOME TYPE OF POLITICAL PROPAGANDA THEY SHOULD HAVE PUT HIS DEAD CORPSE ON DISPLAY AT GROUND ZERO FOR ALL OF US TO SEE.

They need to give us proof they fed him to fish so fast

I was so happy now I'm thinking

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2011, 12:53:34 PM »

I stole this

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2011, 01:33:32 PM »

Taliban express doubt that bin Laden is dead

By RAHIM FAIEZ and HEIDI VOGT, Associated Press Rahim Faiez And Heidi Vogt, Associated Press – 2 hrs 17 mins ago

KABUL, Afghanistan – The Taliban cast suspicion Tuesday on the announcement of Osama bin Laden's death, saying they would not believe the al-Qaida leader was dead until they had seen proof or received confirmation from sources close to him.

Though U.S. officials have said they confirmed bin Laden's identity both with face-mapping software and DNA tests, the lack of photos of the body and its burial at sea have raised doubts in Afghanistan and Pakistan that the man who evaded American detection for so long has actually been killed.

"This news is only coming from one side, from Obama's office, and American has not shown any evidence or proof to support this claim," Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said in a statement emailed to journalists. "On the other side, our sources close to Osama bin Laden have not confirmed or denied the news." ::snipping2::

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110503/ap_on_re_as/as_afghanistan

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.