March 29, 2024, 04:03:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden Dead  (Read 116031 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2011, 01:39:41 PM »

it does make one wonder I have to admit...
I feel like I need more proof too...this just seems too" simple" to me..dunno..
I hope that it is true and that we have not been duped...

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2011, 01:48:42 PM »

OH no Am I getting political  

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2011, 01:53:13 PM »

At least with Saddam Hussein we got to see him hang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGQaPYzFZ8o

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2011, 02:09:22 PM »

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States may release later on Tuesday photos of Osama bin Laden's burial at sea but no final decision has been made, a U.S. official told Reuters, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The Obama administration has been weighing whether to make public photos of bin Laden's corpse as proof that he had been killed during a raid by U.S. forces on his mansion hide-out in Pakistan.

The al Qaeda leader's body was flown out of the country, brought to a U.S. aircraft carrier, given Islamic funeral rites and slipped into the north Arabian Sea in a weighted body bag on Monday.

http://www.courant.com/news/breaking/sns-rt-international-us-bitre7423le-20110503,0,2397124.story

I want to see the video of the US Navy Seals

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2011, 02:52:01 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/gma/video/osama-bin-laden-dead-condoleezza-rice-weighs-in-13517099&tab=9482931&section=1206828

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2011, 04:34:21 PM »

Cookie..OT but I love the way you added your Monkey to the courtroom.  Was that from the pic of the real you?

I do believe we got him..no doubts in my mind.  But I think releasing the photos may be a double edged sword.  I think if they release them, then the RATIONAL WORLD HAS IT'S ANSWER.  But, it will be seen two ways in the terrorists view..either they will say it is a lie and photo-shopped or they will take it as disrespectful to their dead leader.

Last night on Anderson Cooper's show they were discussing his burial at sea..there are two ways Muslims handle burial..for a regular person they wash the body and shroud the body...for a martyr they do not do this..they send them off in whatever they were wearing.  I had never heard that before...but I did read today that his body was washed, shrouded,  Muslim prayers were said by someone on board the ship and then they weighted his body and placed him into the Arabian Sea.  I am glad we did not give him a martyrs burial.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2011, 05:04:33 PM »

Cookie..OT but I love the way you added your Monkey to the courtroom.  Was that from the pic of the real you?

I do believe we got him..no doubts in my mind.  But I think releasing the photos may be a double edged sword.  I think if they release them, then the RATIONAL WORLD HAS IT'S ANSWER.  But, it will be seen two ways in the terrorists view..either they will say it is a lie and photo-shopped or they will take it as disrespectful to their dead leader.

Last night on Anderson Cooper's show they were discussing his burial at sea..there are two ways Muslims handle burial..for a regular person they wash the body and shroud the body...for a martyr they do not do this..they send them off in whatever they were wearing.  I had never heard that before...but I did read today that his body was washed, shrouded,  Muslim prayers were said by someone on board the ship and then they weighted his body and placed him into the Arabian Sea.  I am glad we did not give him a martyrs burial.

Gypsy..yes..that is me in the courtroom...lol...my idea and Brandi's talent and expertise..it is to honor Caylee since the trial is coming up...Monkeys are in the courtroom in spirit and love to stand for justice for Caylee...

I am mostly sure that this was Bin Laden who was killed...I only worry that there has not been more of an uprising or whatever from our enemies about this murder if it did happen, know what I mean? but maybe it just hasn't happened yet..I do expect some back lash from this... I am glad that he did not get a martyrs burial either..he did not deserve it in my opinion...

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2011, 06:14:06 PM »

Gypsy..yes..that is me in the courtroom...lol...my idea and Brandi's talent and expertise..it is to honor Caylee since the trial is coming up...Monkeys are in the courtroom in spirit and love to stand for justice for Caylee...

I am mostly sure that this was Bin Laden who was killed...I only worry that there has not been more of an uprising or whatever from our enemies about this murder if it did happen, know what I mean? but maybe it just hasn't happened yet..I do expect some back lash from this... I am glad that he did not get a martyrs burial either..he did not deserve it in my opinion...

I think they are more worried about the homegrown terroists right now..people that are already here..and I would suppose cells in England, France, Spain..well that is what some talking head said..and I get that because it would take some time for them to come up with a full backlash plan....and after all the unrest in Middle East in the past month..it's hard to predict when or how...but someone acting on their own or small cells acting on their own is what they referenced yesterday.  Jihad..just can't understand that whole concept.

I can't understand how Pakistan says they didn't know he was there..huh..I think dealing with them is going to be difficult at best.  And now different politicians are saying different things should be done..not give them $1.3 billion a year, pull the money back..or to use other sanctions.  That debate could go on forever..I hope that they come up with a plan that does slap their fingers..but we need them in our corner because of the nuclear weapons they have....so that's gonna be a very tough call all the way around.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2011, 06:28:45 PM »

yep Gypsy..very tough call on how to handle all this.
I too find it difficult to believe that Pakistan did not know he was there..

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2011, 08:17:18 PM »

White House U-turn on bin Laden human shield claim

White House U-turn on bin Laden human shield claim AFP – White House counterterrorism adviser John Brennan speaks during the daily press briefing at the White …
– Mon May 2, 9:54 pm ET

WASHINGTON (AFP) – The White House rowed back on a claim made earlier that a wife of Osama bin Laden acted as a human shield in an unsuccessful bid to save the Al-Qaeda leader's life.

Counter-terrorism official John Brennan had briefed reporters from information that was later updated as more people involved in the operation were interviewed, a senior White House official said.

Bin Laden, who was killed in a raid by US special forces, was with a woman who was wounded, while another woman was also killed in a different part of the house in crossfire, said the official. ::snipping2::

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110503/pl_afp/usattacksbinladenshield

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2011, 08:30:21 PM »

does anyone know exactly how many people were in this house? were there any children there?

crazybabyborg
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2011, 09:51:41 PM »

Just a personal opinion but if we didn't actually get OBL, then we'd already have a video of him mocking our claims of his death while holding up a current newspaper. He would have really enjoyed filming it too.

JMO.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2011, 09:58:38 PM »

I have no doubt that he is dead.  I don't believe any of this what if stuff.  This material is sensitive and our government is taking its time releasing the info as they should.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:01:13 PM by San » Logged
crazybabyborg
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2011, 10:03:19 PM »

I'm glad they handled it exactly like they did. It was quick and on our terms, as it should be. Bin Laden gave his azz to America on Sept 11, in my opinion, and we rightfully owned him. There's no point in giving the terrorist's world anything at all to rally around so it's been dutifully reported that he had a "burial" according to Muslim custom, without fuss, and after we had plucked DNA and pictures.

They aren't blind or deaf. They too know OBL would have "come out" to mock us if he were able. They know he's dead. As much as I want to see the pictures, I hope we don't release any. They want us to. They're looking for something to rally around, and I'd give them nothing, zero, zip, nada.

JMO.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2011, 10:04:20 PM »

does anyone know exactly how many people were in this house? were there any children there?

I haven't heard officially how many people were in the house but I did come across this article.

http://galvestondailynews.com/ap/64c36e/

The home was bigger than those nearby, and there were no phone lines or Internet cables running to it. But other than that, it didn't stand out in the neighborhood, where residents tend to be very religious and jealous of their privacy. The walls are mold-stained, there are trees in the garden and the windows are hidden. Once, when a woman involved in a polio vaccine drive turned up at the driveway, the men at the gate took the vaccine, apparently to administer to the 23 children at the compound, and told her to go away.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2011, 10:08:22 PM »

I don't know exactly how many people were in the house.  I had read earlier there were children in the house, (don't know how many), ages 2 through 12 I think and they were in Pakistani custody.  I've been looking to find the link where I read that, but haven't found it yet.  I'll keep looking though.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2011, 10:09:40 PM »

I see San and I were posting at the same time.  Jinx!!  So yes, according to the link San provided there were children in the compound.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2011, 10:16:01 PM »

Here's a recent article I've just found:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/bin-ladens-young-daughter-saw-father-shot-dead-20110504-1e7jf.html?from=smh_sb
Bin Laden's young daughter 'saw father shot dead'
May 4, 2011

Osama bin Laden's young daughter has told Pakistani officials that she saw her father shot and killed by armed Americans, an official with Pakistan's spy agency said on Tuesday.

The official, who asked not to be named because of the sensitivity of the subject, said the daughter, whom he described as being 12 or 13-years-old, was one of eight or nine children in the house when a team of US Navy SEALs stormed the complex by helicopter, early on Monday.
 ::snipping2::
I don't know if the disparity in the numbers mentioned in San's article and this article are due to reporting or to perhaps there were more children previously.  I don't know.  I'm not sure how good information is forthcoming about the particulars of the raid and what's been released.  I am concerned that sometimes lately it seems some news agencies want to be the first to get news out they tend to just get it right out there without fact checking it first.  Even when it's been found to be wrong, it doesn't seem to get corrected.  JMHO

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2011, 10:16:11 PM »

I'm glad they handled it exactly like they did. It was quick and on our terms, as it should be. Bin Laden gave his azz to America on Sept 11, in my opinion, and we rightfully owned him. There's no point in giving the terrorist's world anything at all to rally around so it's been dutifully reported that he had a "burial" according to Muslim custom, without fuss, and after we had plucked DNA and pictures.

They aren't blind or deaf. They too know OBL would have "come out" to mock us if he were able. They know he's dead. As much as I want to see the pictures, I hope we don't release any. They want us to. They're looking for something to rally around, and I'd give them nothing, zero, zip, nada.

JMO.

I'm glad he died the way he did.  I couldn't have asked for a better death.  He got it right in his home.

At first I wanted to see the picture of him dead to rub it the face of his supporters.  But now that I think about it CBB I will agree that let them bust.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2011, 10:34:06 PM »

Rashard Mendenhall of the Pittsburgh Steelers is an idiot.  Apparently he made some tweets that weren't nice.

Below is an article where Matt Pawlikowski Pittsburgh Sports Examiner answers him.

Tweeted by Mendenhall:

"What kind of person celebrates death? Its amazing how people hate a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side."

Written by Pawlikowski:

Im wondering now if you ever heard of Pat Tilman, who gave up millions of dollars, playing the same sport you do, to serve our nation and help bring Bin Laden to justice. If he were around today, to hear those words you tweeted, I'm sure he'd have made mince meat of you in the backfield and 65,000 would have cheered loudly.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Steelers Mendenhall disrepects 9/11 with his tweets about Bin Ladin. - Pittsburgh Sports | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/sports-in-pittsburgh/steelers-mendenhall-disrespects-9-11-victims-with-his-bin-laden-tweets#ixzz1LLXYkiOs
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:36:07 PM by San » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.