April 16, 2024, 03:19:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden Dead  (Read 116415 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2011, 10:44:27 PM »

Rashard Mendenhall of the Pittsburgh Steelers is an idiot.  Apparently he made some tweets that weren't nice.

Below is an article where Matt Pawlikowski Pittsburgh Sports Examiner answers him.

Tweeted by Mendenhall:

"What kind of person celebrates death? Its amazing how people hate a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side."

::snipping2::

Written by Pawlikowski:

Im wondering now if you ever heard of Pat Tilman, who gave up millions of dollars, playing the same sport you do, to serve our nation and help bring Bin Laden to justice. If he were around today, to hear those words you tweeted, I'm sure he'd have made mince meat of you in the backfield and 65,000 would have cheered loudly.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Steelers Mendenhall disrepects 9/11 with his tweets about Bin Ladin. - Pittsburgh Sports | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/sports-in-pittsburgh/steelers-mendenhall-disrespects-9-11-victims-with-his-bin-laden-tweets#ixzz1LLXYkiOs

ITA with you San, "Rashard Mendenhall of the Pittsburgh Steelers is an idiot." 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2011, 10:46:01 PM »

Muffy that isn't going to sit well with his team management.  Of all places Pittsburgh.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2011, 10:47:59 PM »

CIA boss Leon Panetta said Tuesday night that the Osama Bin Laden death photos - which the White House labeled "gruesome" - will be released.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/05/03/2011-05-03_osama_bin_laden_death_photos_will_be_released_says_cia_boss_as_white_house_weigh.html
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2011, 10:48:56 PM »

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/sports/pittsburgh-126028-capsules-stir.html
NFL Capsules: RB Mendenhall causes stir with bin Laden tweets
May 3, 2011

The Steelers felt compelled to act. On Tuesday, team president Art Rooney II released a statement.

"I have not spoken with Rashard, so it is hard to explain or even comprehend what he meant with his recent Twitter comments. The entire Steelers organization is very proud of the job our military personnel have done and we can only hope this leads to our troops coming home soon."

Mendenhall, who profiles himself as a "conversationalist and professional athlete" on his Twitter page, turned some heads in March, as well, when he supported a comment by Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson comparing the NFL to "modern-day slavery."

"Anyone with knowledge of the slave trade and the NFL could say that these two parallel eachother," Mendenhall posted at the time.

Mendenhall is coming off a tremendous season, as he led the AFC champions in carries (324), rushing yards (1,273) and rushing touchdowns (13). He has 2,439 yards in three seasons since being drafted in the 2008 first round out of Illinois.

In the 2010 postseason, Mendenhall ran for 230 yards on 61 carries in three games with four touchdowns, as Pittsburgh defeated the Baltimore Ravens (31-24) and New York Jets (24-19), before falling to the Green Bay Packers 31-25 in the Super Bowl.

Among his other bin Laden tweets:

"I believe in God. I believe we're ALL his children. And I believe HE is the ONE and ONLY judge."

"Those who judge others, will also be judged themselves."

"For those of you who said you want to see Bin Laden burn ... I ask how would God feel about your heart?" 

"There is not an ignorant bone in my body. I just encourage you to think."

Mendenhall's string of tweets ended around 6 p.m. Monday. He has not tweeted since.

Sports radio talk shows in Pittsburgh — and around the nation — were fielding calls on Tuesday about his comments.

Mendenhall has 13,631 followers on Twitter, and he personally follows 66. Included in the group he's following is the Dalai Lama, comedian Sarah Silverman and the Park Community Church in Chicago.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2011, 10:58:24 PM »

I encourage Mendenhall to think before he tweets his crap.

I don't have a problem with god judging me for how I feel in this situation because in the end the Devil lost.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2011, 12:01:46 AM »

http://www.telegraaf.nl/buitenland/9674709/__GOT_HIM___.html

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2011, 12:05:56 AM »

I encourage Mendenhall to think before he tweets his crap.

I don't have a problem with god judging me for how I feel in this situation because in the end the Devil lost.

"What kind of person celebrates death? Its amazing how people hate a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side."
Like we haven't heard OBL speak --- he openly claimed responsibility for Killing 3000 people on 9/11!!!

I am not a fan of Obama as many are not a fan of George W -- but, I roundly applaud our President for his actions in bringing down Bin Laden and am particularly proud of him for taking Bush with him to Ground Zero on Thursday. They BOTH put in motion new ideas to strenghen or country. This is not a time for politics -- but a time for Americans to come together (just as they did immediately after 9/11).

::justice2NJ::

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2011, 12:12:24 AM »

Mendenhall probably vacations in Aruba...idiot  

http://www.amigoe.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6965:ook-aruba-verhoogt-veiligheid&catid=108:artikelen-aruba&Itemid=199

Google translation:

Comments
The death of Osama has, judging by the comments on Facebook, mixed feelings on Aruba. Initially disapproval was especially reading about the overt joys of Americans after the death of al-Quadaleider known. Feasts for the death of a person shows little respect, no matter how evil a person has been thus an Aruban Facebooker. Action leads to reaction, "think more. The latest reports show more and more amazing about all this. Especially the absence of a visible proof of a dead Osama or the rapid burial shows the mistrust in official reports to feed.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
crazybabyborg
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2011, 01:43:27 AM »

I'm glad they handled it exactly like they did. It was quick and on our terms, as it should be. Bin Laden gave his azz to America on Sept 11, in my opinion, and we rightfully owned him. There's no point in giving the terrorist's world anything at all to rally around so it's been dutifully reported that he had a "burial" according to Muslim custom, without fuss, and after we had plucked DNA and pictures.

They aren't blind or deaf. They too know OBL would have "come out" to mock us if he were able. They know he's dead. As much as I want to see the pictures, I hope we don't release any. They want us to. They're looking for something to rally around, and I'd give them nothing, zero, zip, nada.

JMO.

I'm glad he died the way he did.  I couldn't have asked for a better death.  He got it right in his home.

At first I wanted to see the picture of him dead to rub it the face of his supporters.  But now that I think about it CBB I will agree that let them bust.

AH! San! Post of the Day! I hadn't even thought of it, but you're exactly right and I LOVE it!! His plan on 911 took innocent people off guard as they were going about their day. We too, took him off guard as he was in his own home! I think of those who were trapped in the towers, desperately waiting for the rescue that could not get to them. That SOB had 40 minutes to wait. From the grounds to the first floor, he listened and watched and hoped for silence that could assure him his minions had thwarted the attack. He heard the fight advance to the second floor so he knew his side was giving ground. I'm betting his cajones were stuck in his throat by the time they burst in his room! 

It's curious to me that he was "unarmed". I'll never know, but I'd like to think that his racing mindset counted on "silly American ethics" that would cause him to desperately hope they wouldn't shoot an unarmed man with women and children about. They always underestimate our intelligience. We are humane to humans, but know what to do with a rattlesnake.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2011, 05:58:31 AM »

I'm glad they handled it exactly like they did. It was quick and on our terms, as it should be. Bin Laden gave his azz to America on Sept 11, in my opinion, and we rightfully owned him. There's no point in giving the terrorist's world anything at all to rally around so it's been dutifully reported that he had a "burial" according to Muslim custom, without fuss, and after we had plucked DNA and pictures.

They aren't blind or deaf. They too know OBL would have "come out" to mock us if he were able. They know he's dead. As much as I want to see the pictures, I hope we don't release any. They want us to. They're looking for something to rally around, and I'd give them nothing, zero, zip, nada.

JMO.

I'm glad he died the way he did.  I couldn't have asked for a better death.  He got it right in his home.

At first I wanted to see the picture of him dead to rub it the face of his supporters.  But now that I think about it CBB I will agree that let them bust.

AH! San! Post of the Day! I hadn't even thought of it, but you're exactly right and I LOVE it!! His plan on 911 took innocent people off guard as they were going about their day. We too, took him off guard as he was in his own home! I think of those who were trapped in the towers, desperately waiting for the rescue that could not get to them. That SOB had 40 minutes to wait. From the grounds to the first floor, he listened and watched and hoped for silence that could assure him his minions had thwarted the attack. He heard the fight advance to the second floor so he knew his side was giving ground. I'm betting his cajones were stuck in his throat by the time they burst in his room! 

It's curious to me that he was "unarmed". I'll never know, but I'd like to think that his racing mindset counted on "silly American ethics" that would cause him to desperately hope they wouldn't shoot an unarmed man with women and children about. They always underestimate our intelligience. We are humane to humans, but know what to do with a rattlesnake.

He thought he was being protected which he was by Pakistan. He never assumed we would burst into his home and kill him so why would he need to walk around in his home with a gun.  He probably had weapons but he didn't use them.  Bottom line is that "He got comfortable and let his guard down".
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2011, 06:04:08 AM »

Osama Bin Laden thought he would be tipped off by Pakistan.  He never thought the USA wouldn't inform Pakistan of their raid.  That was the smartest move we did.  Pakistan was caught with their pants down and had no time to scramble.

I hope our next move is to stop funding Pakistan and put the money to use in the United States.  Pakistan has proven they are our enemy.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2011, 08:27:53 AM »

Just a personal opinion but if we didn't actually get OBL, then we'd already have a video of him mocking our claims of his death while holding up a current newspaper. He would have really enjoyed filming it too.

JMO.

Absolutely..he'd have a film of himself talking and pointing and saying "The Infidels have not murdered me...I am here, I am still  your leader in Jihad."

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2011, 09:10:33 AM »

CIA boss Leon Panetta said Tuesday night that the Osama Bin Laden death photos - which the White House labeled "gruesome" - will be released.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/05/03/2011-05-03_osama_bin_laden_death_photos_will_be_released_says_cia_boss_as_white_house_weigh.html

Thanks San..great article..loved the comments after..no two were alike..which shows everybody has an opinion on those photos and the fall out if any from showing them.

Like I said yesterday..I don't need to see a photo..and I believe his followers know that their leader is no longer available through courier or otherwise..they know.  Skeptics..well they aren't going to believe what they see anyway. 

I am glad that the President included Bush in one of the first phone calls..and I am glad he asked him to go to NYC with him tomorrow.  Shows a lot of class and I hope will help this bipartisan crap going in in DC.  It also gives credit where credit is due..Clinton's admin was searching for Osama, Bush certainly was, and now we know that Obama also made it a priority. 

I want to know how we are going to handle Pakistan now..what sanctions if any we will take..and since we still have troops in Afghanistan..may be it is time to bring them home too.  They seem to think there are only about 100 Taliban left in Afghanistan anyway..so it appears they have packed up their tents and moved to other areas of the Mid East.  Pakistan supposedly has more terroist captured then other nations..but that means they are a breedging ground too.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2011, 09:39:41 AM »

I have no doubt that he is dead.  I don't believe any of this what if stuff.  This material is sensitive and our government is taking its time releasing the info as they should.
.Our Government has already lied to us about he was armed (he wasn't) he shielded himself with a woman (he didn't) I need proof I wrote a letter to the White House telling them I have nothing against the Muslim religion.I am looking at him as a terrorist PLAIN AND SIMPLE!
HIS BODY DUMPED AT SEA TO HONOR MUSLIM TRADITION.Give me a brake
He didn't care when we watch our people Jumping for their lives from the burning towers on September 11th 2001.They had no religious TRADITION.
We need more.

We have the right to see this video uncut just like we watched 9/11 uncut.

I need proof after dealing with Aruba I need more then a retina scan.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2011, 09:43:24 AM »

Osama Bin Laden thought he would be tipped off by Pakistan.  He never thought the USA wouldn't inform Pakistan of their raid.  That was the smartest move we did.  Pakistan was caught with their pants down and had no time to scramble.

I hope our next move is to stop funding Pakistan and put the money to use in the United States.  Pakistan has proven they are our enemy.
The USA gives them our money
ABBOTTABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- Pakistan reacted with dismay Wednesday at CIA Director Leon Panetta's assertion that it had not done enough to bring Osama bin Laden to justice, saying there is now "total mistrust" between the United States and Pakistan.

A senior Pakistani intelligence official was reacting to reports that Panetta had told House members Tuesday that Pakistan's role in determining bin Laden's whereabouts was troubling.

According to two sources in a closed door briefing, Panetta told lawmakers "either they were involved or incompetent. Neither place is a good place to be
." ::snipping2::

http://www.wfsb.com/osama-bin-laden/news/27769316/detail.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2011, 10:11:13 AM »

I have no doubt that he is dead.  I don't believe any of this what if stuff.  This material is sensitive and our government is taking its time releasing the info as they should.

above bolded by me ... I do not doubt it either.  I just want to see half of his head blown off...not because I need proof, I just want to see it 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2011, 10:56:32 AM »

.Our Government has already lied to us about he was armed (he wasn't) he shielded himself with a woman (he didn't) I need proof I wrote a letter to the White House telling them I have nothing against the Muslim religion.I am looking at him as a terrorist PLAIN AND SIMPLE!
He didn't care when we watch our people Jumping for their lives from the burning towers on September 11th 2001.They had no religious TRADITION.
We need more.

I think Lied is a pretty strong word to use in this context.  I really believe that its possible to view something in real time..yet not get all the facts until all the Seals are debriefed.  Some of the women in the compound did shield the men, some of the members living there were armed..it is possible that Osama had a rifle right beside him..and was getting ready to use..ie grabbing for it..when he was taken out..I personally don't think anyone lied..I think if I was in that situation and their was a gun there by him..I would consider him armed and wouldn't wait to shoot him until he had it in his hands...but that's just me.  Especially if I had fought my way to the third floor...and taking him dead is better then alive.  That's all we needed a living martyr in GITMO..there are enough of them there already.

And all compassion to Natalie's family...this is the USA ..not Aruba and to compare the two in my mind is apples and oranges.  Our government is not dependent on tourist to keep us in business....we don't need to distort things to that degree.  I think simply someone misspoke and I think when the dust settles everyone will see no one was lying.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2011, 12:34:28 PM »

above bolded by me ... I do not doubt it either.  I just want to see half of his head blown off...not because I need proof, I just want to see it 

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2011, 12:39:18 PM »

We need more.

Blonde I'm sure you will get your proof.  I don't need to see the video of him being shot.  A picture is good enough.  I don't want to see a video if it means it will jeopardize our troops.

Our government is being careful.  This is all still fresh and I'm sure they don't want to release too much information.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2011, 02:35:53 PM »

President Obama will not release Osama Bin Laden death photos: report

BY Lukas I. Alpert
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Originally Published:Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 1:35 PM
Updated: Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 1:59 PM

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/05/04/2011-05-04_president_obama_will_not_release_osama_bin_laden_death_photos_report.html#ixzz1LPTmsxP8

President Obama decided Wednesday not to release "gruesome" death photos of Osama Bin Laden with a gaping gunshot wound through his forehead.

Obama said he had made the decision not to make the graphic images public in an interview with CBS' "60 Minutes" taped Wednesday.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.