April 23, 2024, 12:42:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden Dead  (Read 116543 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #160 on: May 04, 2011, 11:08:56 PM »

President Obama will not release Osama Bin Laden death photos: report

BY Lukas I. Alpert
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Originally Published:Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 1:35 PM
Updated: Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 1:59 PM

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/05/04/2011-05-04_president_obama_will_not_release_osama_bin_laden_death_photos_report.html#ixzz1LPTmsxP8

President Obama decided Wednesday not to release "gruesome" death photos of Osama Bin Laden with a gaping gunshot wound through his forehead.

Obama said he had made the decision not to make the graphic images public in an interview with CBS' "60 Minutes" taped Wednesday.

::snipping2::
SEE what I mean no proof

FWIW, I don't think providing images to the public would change anything, because it would be said they were photoshopped or somehow altered.  I understand there was facial recognician software used to  identify him after his death and it was reported DNA was taken and confirmed to be OBL's.

I heard on Fox News at 6:00 am it was a retina scan. How did they get if from him in the first place to compare it

Sorry I don't want to act like a B*tch but I need more

Well if FoxNews said it then it must be true, LOL 

Seriously, I watch FoxNews every day but I believe about 30% of what they say.   

I believe about 30% of what any news station says.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: May 04, 2011, 11:14:04 PM »

thanks for all the articles..
I feel that Pakistan knew the Bin Laden was there...we need to stop sending them money...

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #162 on: May 04, 2011, 11:14:57 PM »

Apparently the tail section of the compromised helicopter was left intact where much of the stealth technology is located. Pakistan now has control of the tail section along with custody of OBL's wife. I wish we had both! I would think the wife could be a wealth of information and I'm fearful that our enemies might benefit from what they could learn from the chopper section.
Well, we should have gone back and finished blowing the helicopter up. Pakistan is not our friend -- one well placed nuclear bomb woud have sufficed nicely.

I'm not going to try and out guess or speculate on why they didn't make sure everything was destroyed but maybe because they wanted to get the hell out of there.  Sounds like they were able to obtain tons of computer information. 

I trust and applaud the job our Navy Seals did.  They are heroes in my book.

I think they did what they were suppose to do and my hats off to them. It does sound like they got lots of computer information for sure. They are really are true heroes.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #163 on: May 04, 2011, 11:16:52 PM »

thanks for all the articles..
I feel that Pakistan knew the Bin Laden was there...we need to stop sending them money...

I think that's how a lot of people see it Cookie. That money could be well spent here in the US.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #164 on: May 05, 2011, 12:11:14 AM »

Apparently the tail section of the compromised helicopter was left intact where much of the stealth technology is located. Pakistan now has control of the tail section along with custody of OBL's wife. I wish we had both! I would think the wife could be a wealth of information and I'm fearful that our enemies might benefit from what they could learn from the chopper section.
Well, we should have gone back and finished blowing the helicopter up. Pakistan is not our friend -- one well placed nuclear bomb would have sufficed nicely.

I'm not going to try and out guess or speculate on why they didn't make sure everything was destroyed but maybe because they wanted to get the hell out of there.  Sounds like they were able to obtain tons of computer information. 

My comment in no way was trying denigrate our heroes!!! I totally agree with your assessment!! But, I also agree with the comments that Pakistan totally knew he was there and were protecting him. 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #165 on: May 05, 2011, 12:11:42 AM »

Well, we should have gone back and finished blowing the helicopter up. Pakistan is not our friend -- one well placed nuclear bomb woud have sufficed nicely.

Right Klaas......... I should have included that US intelligience did not realize that the tail section had not been destroyed until they saw pictures taken the day after by Palestinian sources. They had OBL and a real hoard of info from the house and had accomplished their mission with no harm to any US personnell as they left. I'm sure they intended and expected that the entire chopper was gone. The fires we saw at the compound were supposedly from the chopper and I'm amazed any section survived. The Seals ARE heroes in my book as well!

I'm thinking that Pakistan should hand the tail back over to us and allow us to interrogate the wife.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #166 on: May 05, 2011, 12:13:21 AM »

Well, we should have gone back and finished blowing the helicopter up. Pakistan is not our friend -- one well placed nuclear bomb would have sufficed nicely.

My comment in no way was trying denigrate our heroes!!! I totally agree with your assessment!! But, I also agree with the comments that Pakistan totally knew he was there and were protecting him. 

Me Too, Wreck!!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #167 on: May 05, 2011, 01:30:02 AM »

I want to see the pictures of a dead OBL, but I get why the decision was made not to release them. Actually, I agree with that decision.

What I would like to see happen is a release of pictures just before he was shot. There was a real time video (still amazes me!) so pictures do exist of a live OBL in the house. I'd also like to see a White House invitation made to 911 families to come gather there to view the photos (or even the video!) if they want. Of course no electronic devices that could record anything would be allowed, but it seems appropriate to me that those people should be the keepers of the record for all of us.

JMO.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: May 05, 2011, 06:25:21 AM »

I want to see the pictures of a dead OBL, but I get why the decision was made not to release them. Actually, I agree with that decision.

What I would like to see happen is a release of pictures just before he was shot. There was a real time video (still amazes me!) so pictures do exist of a live OBL in the house. I'd also like to see a White House invitation made to 911 families to come gather there to view the photos (or even the video!) if they want. Of course no electronic devices that could record anything would be allowed, but it seems appropriate to me that those people should be the keepers of the record for all of us.

JMO.

CBB I said the same thing last night to my nephew when I was talking to him last night. Gather the 911 families in a room and show them a picture from the video or even a picture of him dead.  This way there will be no questions whether or not he is dead.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: May 05, 2011, 06:29:10 AM »

Our News Media needs to take no for an answer and stop stirring the pot on whether or not his is dead.

They don't run the United States and we shouldn't bow to them just because they want the pictures.

They are causing a lot of trouble.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: May 05, 2011, 07:58:39 AM »

JMO.

I agree that it would help the public to see a live OBL in the house before he was shot..that would satisfy me..great idea on that CBB ..never thought of that...
not sure that I agree that the 911 families should be privvy to see the video or the pictures of him dead..what about all the families of soldiers who have also lost their lives fighting this war? what about families of innocent victims over there who have also died because of OBL...so where does it stop of who should or should not view the photo/video or be keepers of the record for all of us? know what I mean? lots and lots of casualties of this ugly war

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #171 on: May 05, 2011, 08:20:20 AM »

JMO.

CBB I said the same thing last night to my nephew when I was talking to him last night. Gather the 911 families in a room and show them a picture from the video or even a picture of him dead.  This way there will be no questions whether or not he is dead.
It's the least we can do for those directly impacted by the actions of this criminal. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #172 on: May 05, 2011, 08:46:49 AM »

'Intelligence failure' SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG WITH OUR COUNTRY We gave $20 Billion dollars to Pakistan.. Pakistan's prime minister blamed worldwide intelligence lapses for a failure to detect bin Laden, while Washington worked to establish whether its ally had sheltered the al-Qaeda leader, which Islamabad vehemently denies. I think we shout stop giving Pakistan money

Just that facts

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #173 on: May 05, 2011, 09:03:21 AM »

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #174 on: May 05, 2011, 09:13:40 AM »

Black Hawk, Bin Laden DNA: Hot Trends
Written by: Theresa McCabe 05/05/11 - 7:46 AM EDT

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "Black Hawk" is a trending search topic after aviation analysts said the aircraft that the team of Navy SEALs, who killed Osama Bin Laden, blew up a stealth Black Hawk helicopter.

The elite military team was forced to blow up its damaged helicopter before it left the Bin Laden compound in Pakistan on Sunday night to make sure no one would be able to collect or examine or reconstruct the secret chopper. ::snipping2::

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #175 on: May 05, 2011, 12:46:09 PM »

ISLAMABAD (AP) — Pakistan's army ordered a reduction in U.S. military personnel operating inside the country on Thursday in apparent protest at a unilateral American commando raid that killed Osama bin Laden. ::snipping2::

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2011-05-05-pakistan-us-personnel_n.htm

I hope we stop giving them money

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: May 05, 2011, 01:23:45 PM »

ISLAMABAD (AP) — Pakistan's army ordered a reduction in U.S. military personnel operating inside the country on Thursday in apparent protest at a unilateral American commando raid that killed Osama bin Laden. ::snipping2::

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2011-05-05-pakistan-us-personnel_n.htm

I hope we stop giving them money

me too..part of me is hoping that we withdraw from the whole middle East and let them fight their own battles..we will not win ...they have their own way of believing and living and they don't want us to be there...not sure what the best thing to do would be..I try to stay out of politics since I don't know all the facts....God bless America!

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #177 on: May 05, 2011, 06:22:05 PM »

Sources: Bin Laden Acted 'Cowardly,' Confused in Final Moments
 Sources involved in the operation that took down Usama bin Laden told Fox News the terrorist leader acted "scared" and "completely confused" in his final moments, "shoving his wife" at the Navy SEAL who ultimately shot him.

The information helps clarify the conflicting details about what exactly happened toward the end of the 40-minute raid on bin Laden's northern Pakistan compound. Sources who were part of the mission said bin Laden acted in a "cowardly manner" when confronted. Fox News has also learned that while bin Laden was unarmed, he was standing near the door within reach of two weapons -- an AK-47 and a Makarov handgun that are now in U.S. custody. The handgun is a 9mm semi-automatic Russian pistol, standard issue in the Russian military until 1991.

A senior U.S. official also told Fox News that only one of the five people killed in the raid was carrying a weapon and firing. The detail seemed at first to diverge from White House accounts claiming the Navy SEALs encountered resistance throughout the raid and were engaged in a firefight during much of the 40-minute operation. However, the scene was described as chaotic, with U.S. forces encountering barricades and women in the compound screaming and attacking the men.

Another U.S. official said there were "at least a half-dozen weapons" found at the compound. The first person the SEALs encountered at the guest house "immediately opened fire" before being killed, the official said. As the SEALs moved through the compound, bin Laden's son Khaled rushed down from the third floor to the second floor and confronted the SEALs, who killed him. ::snipping2::

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/05/official-1-killed-bin-laden-raid-armed-firing/#ixzz1LWEhLJ1G

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: May 05, 2011, 10:21:03 PM »

CIA spied on bin Laden from safe house

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/cia-spied-on-bin-laden-from-safe-house/2011/05/05/AFXbG31F_story.html?hpid=z1

By Greg Miller, Thursday, May 5, 7:56 PM

The CIA maintained a safe house in the Pakistani city of Abbottabad for a small team of spies who conducted extensive surveillance over a period of months on the compound where Osama bin Laden was killed by U.S. Special Operations forces this week, U.S. officials said.

The secret CIA facility was used as a base of operations for one of the most delicate human intelligence gathering missions in recent CIA history, one that relied on Pakistani informants and other sources to help assemble a “pattern of life” portrait of the occupants and daily activities at the fortified compound where bin Laden was found, the officials said.

::snipping2::
crazybabyborg
« Reply #179 on: May 05, 2011, 11:21:29 PM »

Our News Media needs to take no for an answer and stop stirring the pot on whether or not his is dead.

They don't run the United States and we shouldn't bow to them just because they want the pictures.

They are causing a lot of trouble.

No kidding!! I honestly think they're just stirring things because they feel entitled to the pictures! 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.