March 29, 2024, 02:10:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden Dead  (Read 116028 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #180 on: May 06, 2011, 12:08:36 AM »

Our News Media needs to take no for an answer and stop stirring the pot on whether or not his is dead.

They don't run the United States and we shouldn't bow to them just because they want the pictures.

They are causing a lot of trouble.

No kidding!! I honestly think they're just stirring things because they feel entitled to the pictures! 
I'm sorry, but I do we think we are entitled to the pictures. We (the people of this country) have endured 10 years of fear, a radical change of security, and BILLIONS of dollars spent combatting terrorism. 9/11 was the root cause of our world wide failed economy. The fact that the radical Muslim world still hates us and don't believe or respect us is plenty reason for me to think we need to PROVE to the world we are not to be trifled with. I don't give a damn if people think we are insensitive. I think we need to install FEAR of the USA in all who thinks we will stand-by and let the world walk all over us.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: May 06, 2011, 09:32:47 AM »

http://www.kvue.com/home/Pakistan-official-Bin-Laden-was-cash-strapped-121376884.html
Pakistan official: Bin Laden was 'cash strapped'
May 6, 2011

ISLAMABAD (AP) -- A senior Pakistani intelligence official says Osama bin Laden was "cash strapped" in his final days and that al-Qaida had split into two factions, with the larger one controlled by the group's No. 2, Ayman al-Zawahri.
 ::snipping2::
The official didn't provide details or elaborate how his agency made the conclusions about bin Laden.
The image of Pakistan's intelligence agency has been battered in the wake of Monday's U.S. commando raid that killed bin Laden. Portraying him as isolated and weak may be aimed at trying to deflect attention from that.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 09:36:17 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #182 on: May 06, 2011, 09:41:04 AM »

I'm sorry, but I do we think we are entitled to the pictures. We (the people of this country) have endured 10 years of fear, a radical change of security,

I'm with you

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #183 on: May 06, 2011, 12:07:30 PM »

I'm sorry, but I do we think we are entitled to the pictures. We (the people of this country) have endured 10 years of fear, a radical change of security, and BILLIONS of dollars spent combatting terrorism. 9/11 was the root cause of our world wide failed economy. The fact that the radical Muslim world still hates us and don't believe or respect us is plenty reason for me to think we need to PROVE to the world we are not to be trifled with. I don't give a damn if people think we are insensitive. I think we need to install FEAR of the USA in all who thinks we will stand-by and let the world walk all over us.

Do I think I need to see the pictures no not really. Do I want to see the pictures you bet I do. For all the reasons you stated Wreck.  Our country has changed because of OBL and not for the better IMO.  You are right they hate us and whether we see the pictures or not they are going to continue to hate us.  So let We The People get some closer and satisfaction and see the pictures.  Why do we care if it upsets them. They had no qualms about showing the world any pictures of our people being killed.  To me it's putting our tails between on legs and cowering in fear that they will get mad. I am with you Wreck I don't give a damn what they think or feel.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2011, 02:41:42 PM »

Pakistan arrests dozens in connection with bin Laden compound Sure they are
Pakistani Police guard the sealed main gate of the bin Laden compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan on Tuesday, May 3, 2011.

Dozens of people in the Pakistani city of Abbottabad have been arrested because of their suspected connections to the compound where Osama bin Laden was shot and killed, a Pakistani intelligence official said Friday.

Some of the individuals were arrested around the compound and investigators still need to determine if any of the people arrested have any connection with al Qaeda.

This story is developing. We'll bring you the latest information as soon as we get it.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/06/pakistan-arrests-dozens-in-connection-with-bin-laden-compound/

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #185 on: May 06, 2011, 02:45:48 PM »

Al-Qaida Confirms Osama bin Laden's Death
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzvo73A6FwE

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #186 on: May 06, 2011, 03:13:59 PM »

Protesters burn tires Friday at a rally organized by the Jamrat-E-Islami party in Abbottabad, Pakistan, to condemn the U.S raid
CNN

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: May 06, 2011, 03:27:29 PM »

Do I think I need to see the pictures no not really. Do I want to see the pictures you bet I do. For all the reasons you stated Wreck.  Our country has changed because of OBL and not for the better IMO.  You are right they hate us and whether we see the pictures or not they are going to continue to hate us.  So let We The People get some closer and satisfaction and see the pictures.  Why do we care if it upsets them. They had no qualms about showing the world any pictures of our people being killed.  To me it's putting our tails between on legs and cowering in fear that they will get mad. I am with you Wreck I don't give a damn what they think or feel.

I don't need to see the pictures, nor do I want to see the pictures.  I know that he is dead..and that's all I need..not a display of pictures.  Vietnam was the "Heads On Stakes" era..and thank God we have outgrown that kind of mentality.

If those pictures incite an incident in just one country where one of our soldiers is hurt or killed..what will your answer be?  How dare you state we are cowards..just because you cannot have your damned picture.  The world view of the USA is anything but cowardly..believe me they know what we stand for..and stooping to level of the Al Qaeda animals is not what we stand for..we stand for respect and dignity and honor.  There is nothing honorable about inciting fringe groups so you can see a damn picture.  How dare you state we are running away with our tail between our legs.  You really need an education ..maybe you should go to Afghanistan for a month..see what it's like.  Maybe apply to be a Seal..your whining would get you tossed on your ass in a minute.  This isn't some TV drama..damit this is real life and there are real soldiers out there risking their lives so you can have the freedom to sit here and pout over  not having a picture of a dead man .   We are not ghouls...we are supoosed to have some decorum other then acting like the animals that we have to take out inorder to protect our freedoms.

I have a cousin who just retired from the Navy..and yes in VA on Wednesday..after 27 years, 4 months and 4 days of service.  He was due his retirement long before this..but he stayed in to see a mission completed..and by God it was.  Exactly what missions for the free world have you completed lately..other then typing at a damn keyboard and whining like a spoiled brat? He did his part..while you sit here and type your frigging butts off he was in daily battles for his life. For your life..so you could sit here and complain about a picture...I think you need to read what you wrote and then think again about what the military goes through every day in this country..so you have the pleasure of calling us cowards.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #188 on: May 06, 2011, 03:43:21 PM »

Protesters burn tires Friday at a rally organized by the Jamrat-E-Islami party in Abbottabad, Pakistan, to condemn the U.S raid
CNN

Maybe now the people who couldn't beleive their President, The Seals, The US Congress, The President of Pakistan, etc..will believe it because the Al Qaeda scum believe it..

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #189 on: May 06, 2011, 03:48:22 PM »

I don't need to see the pictures, nor do I want to see the pictures.  I know that he is dead..and that's all I need..not a display of pictures.  Vietnam was the "Heads On Stakes" era..and thank God we have outgrown that kind of mentality.

If those pictures incite an incident in just one country where one of our soldiers is hurt or killed..what will your answer be?  How dare you state we are cowards..just because you cannot have your damned picture.  The world view of the USA is anything but cowardly..believe me they know what we stand for..and stooping to level of the Al Qaeda animals is not what we stand for..we stand for respect and dignity and honor.  There is nothing honorable about inciting fringe groups so you can see a damn picture.  How dare you state we are running away with our tail between our legs.  You really need an education ..maybe you should go to Afghanistan for a month..see what it's like.  Maybe apply to be a Seal..your whining would get you tossed on your ass in a minute.  This isn't some TV drama..damit this is real life and there are real soldiers out there risking their lives so you can have the freedom to sit here and pout over  not having a picture of a dead man .   We are not ghouls...we are supoosed to have some decorum other then acting like the animals that we have to take out inorder to protect our freedoms.

I have a cousin who just retired from the Navy..and yes in VA on Wednesday..after 27 years, 4 months and 4 days of service.  He was due his retirement long before this..but he stayed in to see a mission completed..and by God it was.  Exactly what missions for the free world have you completed lately..other then typing at a damn keyboard and whining like a spoiled brat? He did his part..while you sit here and type your frigging butts off he was in daily battles for his life. For your life..so you could sit here and complain about a picture...I think you need to read what you wrote and then think again about what the military goes through every day in this country..so you have the pleasure of calling us cowards.

I don't know if you are ranting at me or greeneyes or both -- but, I stand by my opinion (and greeneyes' as well). How dare you question my sincerety, my OWN opinion, my love for this country or respect for our servicemen! Besides, Greeneyes did not call our servicemen "cowards" -- she said we SHOULD NOT act like cowards by caving in to the desires of our enemies. She is begging the President to change his mind before we APPEAR to give in to them................AND I AGREE!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: May 06, 2011, 03:52:34 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/06/us-binladen-obama-idUSTRE7455FG20110506?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews
Obama at U.S. base to pay tribute to bin Laden mission
May 6, 2011

Obama's visit, just a day after attending a somber wreath-laying ceremony at Ground Zero of the September 11, 2001, attacks in New York, came as questions continued piling up about initial U.S. accounts of the airborne assault on the compound where bin Laden had been hiding.

But most Americans regard the secretive special unit that killed bin Laden -- the mastermind of the 2001 hijack-plane attacks on the United States -- as national heroes, and Obama came to thank some of them personally.

The strike team included Navy SEAL commandos who underwent weeks of intensive training for the nighttime assault on bin Laden's high-walled compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

Fort Campbell is home to the Army's 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, a unit nicknamed the "Night Stalkers" and whose helicopter pilots were reported to have flown the mission.

Though Obama planned to address soldiers recently returned from combat tours in Afghanistan, his meeting with special forces was to be held privately because of the covert nature of their work.

The president met Vice Admiral William McRaven, thought to be the man in overall command of the raid, at the White House on Wednesday.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: May 06, 2011, 03:55:12 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/07/world/africa/07egypt.html?partner=rss&emc=rss
Cairo Protesters Decry Bin Laden Killing
May 6, 2011

CAIRO — About 200 demonstrators gathered outside the United States Embassy here Friday to protest the killing and burial at sea of Osama bin Laden as manifestations of what they called American hostility to Muslims.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #192 on: May 06, 2011, 04:09:44 PM »

I do know what I wrote. I am not saying either opinions are right or wrong. I am stating my opinion. I do know what our military goes thru believe or not. My husband served in the military and served his country proudly. Yes I do have experience with the death war brings.  I was not calling our service men and women cowards far from it. I am calling out political leaders cowards. But that's another matter.  Yes I agree I don't need to see the picture of OBL to know he is dead. I knew that when it was announced. I said I wanted to see the slime ball that killed so many of our citizens and service men.  Yes for my own satisfaction I wanted too.  But never said our military men and women were cowards.

All the Pres. had to say was OBL has been taken out by special ops. No details given Simple and to the point we got our man.  This is all my opinion and nothing more just as you have your opinion. It doesn't make either one right or wrong. But I really don't think I need more education on the matter. I have lived it first hand Thank You.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #193 on: May 06, 2011, 04:57:12 PM »

President
Bin Laden Killing: How the White House, Pentagon and CIA Botched the Storyline

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/06/bin-laden-killing-white-house-pentagon-cia-botched-storyline/#ixzz1LbjyG4cP
From the very first moment the world learned that American forces had killed Al Qaeda leader Usama bin Laden, even the tiniest details from the momentous event have captivated the nation. Every single nugget of data has been the stuff of breaking news, handheld "alerts" and watercooler discussion, in a way the country has never previously witnessed.

No landmark event of the 20th century, from World Wars I and II to the Cuban missile crisis, from the moon landing to the fall of the Soviet Union – not even the attacks of September 11, 2001 -- have been as widely transmitted, reported on, written about, and talked about by as many people, across so many different platforms of communication, as the killing of bin Laden. Within days, it has become a singular event of the Information Age.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/06/bin-laden-killing-white-house-pentagon-cia-botched-storyline/#ixzz1LbkVKHAv

The true irony is: From the first moments, a good number of the details about bin Laden's killing, on points large and small, have been wrong.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: May 06, 2011, 05:28:50 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-tells-seals-killed-osama-bin-laden/story?id=13543148
Video
President Obama Tells SEALs Who Killed Osama Bin Laden 'Job Well Done'
May 6, 201

President Obama flew to Fort Campbell, Ky., today where he privately thanked the Navy SEALs who cornered and killed master terrorist Osama bin Laden and told them "job well done."

The president congratulated the elite Team 6 squad on the same day that bin Laden's terror network al Qaeda admitted that their leader was dead. Al Qaeda vowed that it would try to make America pay for his death.

Obama, who met with 9/11 families and New York City firefighters at Ground Zero Thursday, met privately with the SEALs and members of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, the helicopter pilots known as "Night Stalkers" who flew the mission in Pakistan. One battalion of Night Stalkers is headquartered at Fort Campbell, home to the Army's most deployed continegency forces.

Obama recognized the full assault force with the Presidential Unit Citation, the highest such honor that can be given to a unit. Obama said they represented "the finest small fighting force in the history of the world."
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: May 06, 2011, 07:12:58 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/05/06/al-qaeda-confirms-bin-ladens-death-islamist-websites/
Video
Al Qaeda Confirms Bin Laden's Death on Islamist Websites
May 6, 2011

CAIRO -- Al Qaeda confirmed the killing of Usama bin Laden and vowed revenge, saying Friday that Americans' "happiness will turn to sadness." The statement was the first by the terror network since its leader was slain in a U.S. commando raid against his Pakistani hideout.

The statement, written in typical Al Qaeda style and in the name of the organization's General Command, seemed mostly intended to reassure followers that the terror group remains vigorous and intact.

The statement was dated Tuesday, the day after bin Laden's death. Its authenticity could not be independently confirmed, but it was posted on militant websites Friday by the al-Fajr Center, Al Qaeda's online media distribution network.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: May 06, 2011, 07:41:40 PM »

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpps/news/navy-seals-used-state-of-the-art-military-technology-dpgonc-km-20110505_13076030?obref=obinsite
Navy SEALs Used State-Of-The-Art Military Technology
May 6, 2011

NewsCore) - The Navy SEALs tasked with killing Usama bin Laden employed state-of-the-art military technology to help them achieve the most important counterterrorism mission in US history, FOXNews.com reported Thursday.

From the custom stealth helicopters used to deliver them to the terror chief's lair at Abbottabad, in Pakistan, to the hyperspectral image processing that allowed them to "see in the dark" once they were inside bin Laden's compound, the elite fighting force had access to the best in high-tech weaponry.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: May 06, 2011, 08:22:26 PM »

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2011-05/secret-stealth-helicopters-ferried-troops-obl-kill-operation
The Helicopter That Crashed in the Bin Laden Raid Was a Secret Stealth Helicopter
May 3, 2011

It’s not uncommon for U.S. military forces to destroy an aircraft downed in a foreign land, but U.S. Special Forces had particular cause to blow up the ill-fated helo that participated in Sunday’s raid on Osama Bin Laden’s compound in Pakistan. Apparently, it was a secret stealth helicopter, the design of which U.S. military commanders would not be keen to share with the Pakistanis or anyone else.
The special ops team succeeded in destroying the critical technology, though the tailboom survived (it ended up outside the compound wall). It’s from this that many journalists and defense wonks were trying--with much trouble--to identify the downed aircraft.

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #198 on: May 06, 2011, 08:51:49 PM »

I don't know if you are ranting at me or greeneyes or both -- but, I stand by my opinion (and greeneyes' as well). How dare you question my sincerety, my OWN opinion, my love for this country or respect for our servicemen! Besides, Greeneyes did not call our servicemen "cowards" -- she said we SHOULD NOT act like cowards by caving in to the desires of our enemies. She is begging the President to change his mind before we APPEAR to give in to them................AND I AGREE!

Your words stand for themselves..and I can question them..just like you can question MINE. 

I asked only one question..Interestingly enough you never stated how you will feel :
"If those pictures incite an incident in just one country where one of our soldiers is hurt or killed..what will your answer be?  "

"Cowering" ..brings on the picture of a coward...does it not?  "Tail between our legs"..brings on the description of a whipped dog.

How dare you..sitting at your friggin computer try to twist words that are here for anyone to view.  How dare you..hiding behind a screen name say that our government, their agents, our men in the military are cowards..because you can't see a picture of a man with a bullet through his head..you friggin ghoul.

You are worthless to this democracy if all you believe in is your own rights..and not the rights of others.  Men fighting so you can have your friggin opinions in the open don't need anymore firestorms in the Middle East..and this situation if pushed in the wrong direction....will do just that.  Have you ever heard of the expression this isn't just about you..this is about something bigger then just you and your demands for a friggin death picture.  The relatives of 9/11 victims are happy..the relatives of our military are happy..so what the f is your friggin beef? 

So I don't agree with you..you don't agree with me..but you'll yell for a friggin pic of a terrorist a bullet through their head, rather then admit that maybe we got the guy..maybe that's enough..maybe that helped many people in NYC 9/11 and in the military throughout the world say.."yeah..we got him"  It's good enough for them..I need to know why in the f it isn't enough for you?  Why you would want to tip a situation that ain't that great against us..when you have no more to gain then a gander at a picture?

But hell..all you did was rant..you didn't address my issues..you just ranted..rant on my friend..I can see you are not in harms way..nor have never been .nor known anyone who has ever been..good for you.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: May 06, 2011, 09:16:37 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.