March 28, 2024, 02:43:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden Dead  (Read 115997 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: May 07, 2011, 04:26:32 PM »

isn't it creepy how any one of us could be under surveillance  like Bin Laden was and not even know about it?? your every movement that you think is private is really being watched?

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #221 on: May 07, 2011, 04:27:06 PM »

I'm sorry, but I do we think we are entitled to the pictures. We (the people of this country) have endured 10 years of fear, a radical change of security, and BILLIONS of dollars spent combatting terrorism. 9/11 was the root cause of our world wide failed economy. The fact that the radical Muslim world still hates us and don't believe or respect us is plenty reason for me to think we need to PROVE to the world we are not to be trifled with. I don't give a damn if people think we are insensitive. I think we need to install FEAR of the USA in all who thinks we will stand-by and let the world walk all over us.

Do I think I need to see the pictures no not really. Do I want to see the pictures you bet I do. For all the reasons you stated Wreck.  Our country has changed because of OBL and not for the better IMO.  You are right they hate us and whether we see the pictures or not they are going to continue to hate us.  So let We The People get some closer and satisfaction and see the pictures.  Why do we care if it upsets them. They had no qualms about showing the world any pictures of our people being killed.  To me it's putting our tails between on legs and cowering in fear that they will get mad. I am with you Wreck I don't give a damn what they think or feel.

I don't need to see the pictures, nor do I want to see the pictures.  I know that he is dead..and that's all I need..not a display of pictures.  Vietnam was the "Heads On Stakes" era..and thank God we have outgrown that kind of mentality.

If those pictures incite an incident in just one country where one of our soldiers is hurt or killed..what will your answer be?  How dare you state we are cowards..just because you cannot have your damned picture.  The world view of the USA is anything but cowardly..believe me they know what we stand for..and stooping to level of the Al Qaeda animals is not what we stand for..we stand for respect and dignity and honor.  There is nothing honorable about inciting fringe groups so you can see a damn picture.  How dare you state we are running away with our tail between our legs.  You really need an education ..maybe you should go to Afghanistan for a month..see what it's like.  Maybe apply to be a Seal..your whining would get you tossed on your ass in a minute.  This isn't some TV drama..damit this is real life and there are real soldiers out there risking their lives so you can have the freedom to sit here and pout over  not having a picture of a dead man .   We are not ghouls...we are supoosed to have some decorum other then acting like the animals that we have to take out inorder to protect our freedoms.

I have a cousin who just retired from the Navy..and yes in VA on Wednesday..after 27 years, 4 months and 4 days of service.  He was due his retirement long before this..but he stayed in to see a mission completed..and by God it was.  Exactly what missions for the free world have you completed lately..other then typing at a damn keyboard and whining like a spoiled brat? He did his part..while you sit here and type your frigging butts off he was in daily battles for his life. For your life..so you could sit here and complain about a picture...I think you need to read what you wrote and then think again about what the military goes through every day in this country..so you have the pleasure of calling us cowards.

I don't know if you are ranting at me or greeneyes or both -- but, I stand by my opinion (and greeneyes' as well). How dare you question my sincerety, my OWN opinion, my love for this country or respect for our servicemen! Besides, Greeneyes did not call our servicemen "cowards" -- she said we SHOULD NOT act like cowards by caving in to the desires of our enemies. She is begging the President to change his mind before we APPEAR to give in to them................AND I AGREE!

Your words stand for themselves..and I can question them..just like you can question MINE. 

I asked only one question..Interestingly enough you never stated how you will feel :
"If those pictures incite an incident in just one country where one of our soldiers is hurt or killed..what will your answer be?  "

"Cowering" ..brings on the picture of a coward...does it not?  "Tail between our legs"..brings on the description of a whipped dog.

How dare you..sitting at your friggin computer try to twist words that are here for anyone to view.  How dare you..hiding behind a screen name say that our government, their agents, our men in the military are cowards..because you can't see a picture of a man with a bullet through his head..you friggin ghoul.

You are worthless to this democracy if all you believe in is your own rights..and not the rights of others.  Men fighting so you can have your friggin opinions in the open don't need anymore firestorms in the Middle East..and this situation if pushed in the wrong direction....will do just that.  Have you ever heard of the expression this isn't just about you..this is about something bigger then just you and your demands for a friggin death picture.  The relatives of 9/11 victims are happy..the relatives of our military are happy..so what the f is your friggin beef? 

So I don't agree with you..you don't agree with me..but you'll yell for a friggin pic of a terrorist a bullet through their head, rather then admit that maybe we got the guy..maybe that's enough..maybe that helped many people in NYC 9/11 and in the military throughout the world say.."yeah..we got him"  It's good enough for them..I need to know why in the f it isn't enough for you?  Why you would want to tip a situation that ain't that great against us..when you have no more to gain then a gander at a picture?

But hell..all you did was rant..you didn't address my issues..you just ranted..rant on my friend..I can see you are not in harms way..nor have never been .nor known anyone who has ever been..good for you.

Showing the picture may indeed get a soldier shot in another country, but it most likey will serve to save thousands of others by discouraging terrorists from messing with us. That's the whole reason we have soldiers in these foreign lands to begin with.
I apologize -- I did not see the following posts.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: May 07, 2011, 05:22:48 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: May 07, 2011, 05:28:56 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-20060784-503543.html
Intel on OBL debunks ailing cave-dweller image
May 7, 2011

As the years went by with no capture of Osama bin Laden, a popular image developed of an ailing, out-of-touch eccentric living a harsh, spartan existence in the mountainous Afghan-Pakistan border region.
 ::snipping2::
But data from intelligence gathered in last Sunday's raid on bin Laden's Abbbottabad compound paints a picture of bin Laden as more active and engaged in al Qaeda's terrorist activities than the eccentric cave-dweller image would indicate.
In one video, Bin Laden is seen looking old, draped in a blanket watching himself on TV. In others he is making taped messages to his followers and the U.S. He appears to be concerned about his image, his grey beard inked with black to look younger.

"The administration is trying to start a narrative offensive against al Qaeda," according to Juan Zarate, a CBS News security consultant and former deputy security advisor to President George W. Bush. The videos serve to "deconstruct the mythology" of bin Laden, Zarate said.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: May 07, 2011, 05:32:08 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/bin-laden-videos-other-data-released-by-obama-administration/2011/05/07/AFb2qLJG_story.html
Bin Laden videos released by Obama administration
May 7, 2011

The Obama administration released a collection of videos Saturday of Osama bin Laden that were seized at the compound where he was killed, part of a vast collection of data that U.S. intelligence officials said show that bin Laden remained highly active in directing the terrorist group.
The decision to release the footage — and the choice of which segments to share from a broader collection now in the possession of the CIA — appeared designed to provide new evidence that bin Laden was killed in the U.S. operation, and perhaps to present the al-Qaeda leader in settings that might embarrass him or at least minimize his mystique.

The videos are part of a broader library of recordings that “would only have been in his possession,” said the U.S. intelligence official, who described other segments as fumbling “outtakes” from a terrorist leader who was “very interested in his own image.”

The official disclosed few details about the contents of the more than 100 computers, drives and assorted digital storage devices recovered at the compound, except to say that they show a continued focus on planning attacks against the United States and other Western nations.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #225 on: May 07, 2011, 05:44:00 PM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/meast/05/07/yemen.bin.laden.wife/
Exclusive: Bin Laden's young Yemeni bride was confident, conservative
May 7, 2011

An al Qaeda figure in Yemen named Sheikh Rashed Mohammed Saeed Ismail said he arranged the marriage and told the Yemen Post in 2008 that he was "the matchmaker" and that al-Sadah was one of his students, describing her as "religious and pious enough."

Ismail, whose brother spent time as a detainee at Guantanamo Bay, accompanied the young bride-to-be to Afghanistan in July 2000, where she and bin Laden were married after he gave her family a $5,000 dowry.

The marriage was apparently a political alliance to shore up bin Laden's support in the land of his ancestors.

"I was told after they got married that Osama did not want to cut his ties with his ancestral home, Yemen," Ahmed said.
The marriage was immediately fruitful, and al-Sadah and bin Laden gave birth to their first child, a daughter named Safiyah, in Kandahar, Afghanistan, in the weeks after 9/11.
Ahmed asserted that al-Sadah and bin Laden also bore other children, but he couldn't provide details in his brief interview with CNN.

After 9/11, bin Laden told Pakistani journalist Hamid Mir that he had plans for his youngest daughter, Safiyah.

"I became a father of a girl after September 11," he said. "I named her after Safiyah who killed a Jewish spy at the time of the Prophet. (My daughter) will kill enemies of Islam like Safiyah."

In the aftermath of bin Laden's death, al-Sadah has told interrogators that for five years, she didn't venture outside the walled compound, according to a Pakistani military spokesman.

Al-Sadah, now 29, who was wounded in the raid, said she lived in the compound in Abbottabad with eight of bin Laden's children and five others from another family, Maj. Gen. Athar Abbas told CNN this week.

All of them have been in Pakistani custody since the pre-dawn U.S. commando raid Monday that killed bin Laden, and they will eventually be returned to their country of origin, Abbas said.

With five wives, bin Laden had a total of 20 children, and one of his adult sons was also reported killed in the commando assault.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #226 on: May 07, 2011, 06:43:10 PM »

isn't it creepy how any one of us could be under surveillance  like Bin Laden was and not even know about it?? your every movement that you think is private is really being watched?

We already are on the highway cams,  traffic light cams, surveillance  tapes from store's that we shop.
Our cell phone can track us Our license can track us WE ARE BEING WATCHED

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #227 on: May 07, 2011, 08:50:52 PM »

We already are on the highway cams,  traffic light cams, surveillance  tapes from store's that we shop.
Our cell phone can track us Our license can track us WE ARE BEING WATCHED

I went down a block the other day and saw something on a pole and I didn't know what it was so  I pointed to my nephew and said what is that.  He said that's a camera.  I was surprised to see it there on this particular block because it was a side block and I live in the suburbs .  In today's world we have lost our privacy.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: May 07, 2011, 09:57:35 PM »

All I can say is if anyone is watching me they must be bored to death.

That said, I'm thinking about getting a security camera to put in our driveway.  You can get a Linksys wireless one now (single camera) for under $120 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #229 on: May 07, 2011, 11:24:53 PM »

That said, I'm thinking about getting a security camera to put in our driveway.  You can get a Linksys wireless one now (single camera) for under $120 

yeah..they would be bored watching me too..lol...

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #230 on: May 08, 2011, 07:26:34 AM »

I do not know if this has been said because I have not read every page, but IMO Obama will allow the release the death photo WHEN it is to HIS advantage to do so....... we will eventually see it. Wink

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #231 on: May 08, 2011, 07:36:10 AM »

Former Presidents reject Obama photo op at Ground Zero
Thursday, May 5, 2011 at 11:56 AM EDT

Why is President Obama headed to Ground Zero today? Is he genuinely trying to pay his respects, or is this just grandstanding and celebrating the death of UBL? Both Presidents Bush and Clinton turned down the invite to join Obama, and Glenn thinks they recognize this visit as a blatant grab at attention.

The topic came up when a caller suggested Bush should attend. The caller said, “I think of this as closure, Mr. Beck.  And George Bush should be there, too, because George Bush deserves a big portion of the credit because he got the planner and Obama got the figure head, okay?  And they should be standing together saying we’re bringing closure to 9/11.”

Glenn responded, “We stood together Sunday and Monday and, you know, we’re still together that killing Osama Bin Laden is a good thing.  He was brought to justice.  He received the ultimate penalty for doing that to the United States.  And I don’t think there’s very many Americans that disagree with that.  You can disagree with how it happened or what the aftermath is or whatever, but bringing him to justice. And you’re right.  This was the result of both George W. Bush and Barack Obama.”

But Glenn did disagree to an extent. “But listen to what you said at the beginning.  He should be there because he deserves the credit.  President Bush isn’t looking for the credit and our president of the United States now shouldn’t be looking for the credit.”
Glenn pointed out that Bill Clinton and George Bush both declined.  “Basically what both of them are saying is, this is a little crass and obscene, and you go ahead and have that there in New York today.  That’s my opinion.  I don’t know if anybody else feels this way but I think it’s crass,” Glenn said.

NOT snipped because I do not think Glenn's site is 'copyrighted....................please fix if I am wrong

http://www.glennbeck.com/2011/05/05/former-presidents-reject-obama-photo-op-at-ground-zero/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #232 on: May 08, 2011, 08:44:03 AM »

yeah..they would be bored watching me too..lol...

I have 4 for all parts of my house they come in handy i have always had them..

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #233 on: May 08, 2011, 08:47:57 AM »

Former Presidents reject Obama photo op at Ground Zero
Thursday, May 5, 2011 at 11:56 AM EDT

Why is President Obama headed to Ground Zero today? Is he genuinely trying to pay his respects, or is this just grandstanding and celebrating the death of UBL? Both Presidents Bush and Clinton turned down the invite to join Obama, and Glenn thinks they recognize this visit as a blatant grab at attention.

The topic came up when a caller suggested Bush should attend. The caller said, “I think of this as closure, Mr. Beck.  And George Bush should be there, too, because George Bush deserves a big portion of the credit because he got the planner and Obama got the figure head, okay?  And they should be standing together saying we’re bringing closure to 9/11.”

Glenn responded, “We stood together Sunday and Monday and, you know, we’re still together that killing Osama Bin Laden is a good thing.  He was brought to justice.  He received the ultimate penalty for doing that to the United States.  And I don’t think there’s very many Americans that disagree with that.  You can disagree with how it happened or what the aftermath is or whatever, but bringing him to justice. And you’re right.  This was the result of both George W. Bush and Barack Obama.”

But Glenn did disagree to an extent. “But listen to what you said at the beginning.  He should be there because he deserves the credit.  President Bush isn’t looking for the credit and our president of the United States now shouldn’t be looking for the credit.”
Glenn pointed out that Bill Clinton and George Bush both declined.  “Basically what both of them are saying is, this is a little crass and obscene, and you go ahead and have that there in New York today.  That’s my opinion.  I don’t know if anybody else feels this way but I think it’s crass,” Glenn said.

NOT snipped because I do not think Glenn's site is 'copyrighted....................please fix if I am wrong

http://www.glennbeck.com/2011/05/05/former-presidents-reject-obama-photo-op-at-ground-zero/

Rice's comments come immediately after the New York Times published an article describing the Bush administration's handling of this intelligence in 2007, which is believed to have been the most credible intelligence prior to the mission that killed bin Laden Sunday. In 2007, the U.S. government reportedly obtained information that Osama bin Laden and other high ranking officials of Al Qaeda would be meeting in Tora Bora, the same region where allied forces bombed the mountainous terrain in 2001 in a failed attempt track down bin Laden. ::snipping2::

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #234 on: May 08, 2011, 03:26:10 PM »

You can hook it up to your VCR and tape while your gone and know who was over 

I do that all the time one time, my neighbors house got broken into I had the car on tape snagged

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #235 on: May 08, 2011, 04:39:56 PM »

I do that all the time one time, my neighbors house got broken into I had the car on tape snagged

Yeah we are seriously considering it.  Some friends of ours got a set at Costco for $230, added a couple cameras and now have 6 cameras all around their house.  They showed us on their TV but they can access from the internet as well.  It's gotten so cheap now.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #236 on: May 08, 2011, 05:12:23 PM »

Pakistani Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani is scheduled to "take the nation into confidence" in parliament on Monday, his first statement to the people more than a week after the attack on bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, 30 miles north of Islamabad, embarrassed the country and raised fears of a new rift between Islamabad and Washington.

Suspicion has deepened that Pakistan's pervasive Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) spy agency, which has a long history of contacts with militant groups, may have had ties with the al Qaeda leader -- or that some of its agents did.

Pakistan has dismissed such suggestions and says it has paid the highest price in human life and money supporting the U.S. war on militancy launched after bin Laden's followers staged the September 11, 2001, attacks on the United States.

Pakistan's ambassador to the United States, Husain Haqqani, told ABC's "This Week" his government would act on the results of the investigation.

"And heads will roll, once the investigation has been completed. Now, if those heads are rolled on account of incompetence, we will share that information with you. And if, God forbid, somebody's complicity is discovered, there will be zero tolerance for that, as well."

The ambassador said Pakistan had "many jihadi has-beens from the 1980s who are still alive and well and kicking, and some of them could have been helping them, but they are not in the state or government of Pakistan today." ::snipping2::

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/08/us-binladen-idUSTRE7410D320110508?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FtopNews+%28News+%2F+US+%2F+Top+News%29

I call this BS he knew, just  took our money JMO 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: May 08, 2011, 06:52:22 PM »

Yeah we are seriously considering it.  Some friends of ours got a set at Costco for $230, added a couple cameras and now have 6 cameras all around their house.  They showed us on their TV but they can access from the internet as well.  It's gotten so cheap now.

friends of ours have this as well..he can see what is going on at his house at any time from his phone! it is amazing..they travel a lot so it gives them peace of mind..they have a camera out at their boat dock as well..in case any one messes with his boat...

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #238 on: May 09, 2011, 08:54:03 AM »

Obama on bin Laden: The full "60 Minutes" interview
A riveting 30 minutes with President Barack Obama as he describes the weekend that made history

On Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - three days after he announced that American troops had killed Osama bin Laden in Pakistan - President Barack Obama talked with "60 Minutes" correspondent Steve Kroft in the Roosevelt Room of the White House. Below is a transcript of that interview. The video of this interview is also available on this Web site. ::snipping2::

PRESIDENT OBAMA: There was a point before folks had left, before we had gotten everybody back on the helicopter and were flying back to base, where they said Geronimo has been killed. And Geronimo was the code name for bin Laden. And now obviously at that point these guys were operating in the dark with all kinds of stuff going on so everybody was cautious. But at that point cautiously optimistic.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: As nervous as I was about this whole process, the one thing I didn't lose sleep over was the possibility of taking bin Laden out. Justice was done. And I think that anyone who would question that the perpetrator of mass murder on American soil didn't deserve what he got needs to have their head examined.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504803_162-20060530-10391709.html?tag=watchnow

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: May 09, 2011, 03:54:21 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20061159-503544.html
White House: No one receiving reward money for finding Osama bin Laden
May 9, 2011

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said on Monday that no one would receive the federal government's $25 million reward money for finding Osama bin Laden because no one intentionally directed U.S. intelligence officials to the al Qaeda leader.

In a press briefing on Monday, Carney said "as far as I'm aware, no one knowledgeably said, 'Oh, Osama bin Laden's over here in Abbottabad at 5703, you know, Green Avenue.'"

Carney said that the reward isn't given if someone "accidentally" provides the necessary information through the intelligence gathering process.
Reps. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) and Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) introduced legislation on Sunday proposing to direct the bounty to those directly affected by the attacks.

"If the bounty isn't paid, Osama bin Laden's victims should get it," Weiner said, according to Politico.

The money, Nadler added, "was allocated for 9/11 victims in effect, and this is simply, saying use it more effectively for the purpose that it was set up in the first place."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.