March 18, 2024, 07:41:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #194 5/06/11 -  (Read 188136 times)
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #360 on: May 08, 2011, 06:18:46 PM »

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/state/report-casey-anthony-jury-selection-headed-to-pinellas-1462671.html
Report: Casey Anthony jury selection headed to Pinellas County Posted: 4:12 p.m. Sunday, May 8, 2011
Palm Beach Post Staff and Wire Reports

Jurors for what promises to be the blockbuster trial of Casey Anthony will be selected in Pinellas County, Tampa Bay media outlets reported Sunday.

Palm Beach County also was seriously considered as the site for the selection of jurors in the murder trial, in which Anthony, 25, is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony, in the summer of 2008.

Pinellas County's largest courtroom has been cleared for the rest of the week, media parking spaces have been cordoned off and a large number of people have been summoned for jury duty Monday and Tuesday, the St. Petersburg Times reported Sunday.

Tampa Bay's ABC affiliate WFTS also reported Sunday that three independent sources confirmed that lawyers will choose from a 200-member jury pool at 7:30 a.m. Monday in Clearwater.
 ::snipping2::
thanks trimm

Loca
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #361 on: May 08, 2011, 06:21:11 PM »

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/state/report-casey-anthony-jury-selection-headed-to-pinellas-1462671.html
Report: Casey Anthony jury selection headed to Pinellas County Posted: 4:12 p.m. Sunday, May 8, 2011

Jurors for what promises to be the blockbuster trial of Casey Anthony will be selected in Pinellas County, Tampa Bay media outlets reported Sunday.

Palm Beach County also was seriously considered as the site for the selection of jurors in the murder trial, in which Anthony, 25, is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony, in the summer of 2008.

Pinellas County's largest courtroom has been cleared for the rest of the week, media parking spaces have been cordoned off and a large number of people have been summoned for jury duty Monday and Tuesday, the St. Petersburg Times reported Sunday.

Tampa Bay's ABC affiliate WFTS also reported Sunday that three independent sources confirmed that lawyers will choose from a 200-member jury pool at 7:30 a.m. Monday in Clearwater.

Perry plans a formal announcement of the jury selection location Monday morning. He has kept it secret because he doesn't want the potential jury pool tainted.

I think it's irresponsible of the media to post this article.

We can all wait until Perry announces it.

The media just want to be the first to publish, no matter the cost.

JMO.

Now that I think about it, Perry did say that if the media found out on their own, they are free to publish it.

Still don't like that they did, though.

That's just me.

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #362 on: May 08, 2011, 06:32:39 PM »

http://www.imperfectparent.com/topics/2011/05/08/on-the-eve-of-casey-anthony-trial-a-flurry-of-motionsactivity/

On the eve of Casey Anthony trial, a flurry of motions,activity

Another new development, this time on the prosecution’s side, is the introduction of a new witness.

Melissa England will testify that Anthony told her she was getting a tattoo July 3, 2008, and that she wanted the words “La Bella Vita” on her shoulder, the new filing says. England also heard Anthony tell someone by phone that she could not meet because of car problems. When the call was over, England heard Anthony say, “Oh my God, I’m such a good liar.”

I think that there will be a few witnesses and a few other evidence related issues we still know nothing about..but news agancies do know.  Just saying through this almost 3 year saga many times the record would show that ( example) 500 pages were released, then another 200 pages ..and we would see nothing.  Then we might get 20 pages and then another full tilt release where we would get most of it.  I was just thinking yesterday..whatever happened to all the pages of evidence and depos that were released ..news agencies had..and then they released only a portion?  They are saving that info.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone..hope you are all having nice weather and relaxing times..whatever way you have chosen to celebrate..enjoy.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #363 on: May 08, 2011, 06:50:04 PM »

Turbo said:

"I am with you on I don't care how they do it but just that Caylee gets the justice she deserves. On the plumbing, there has been speculation it was the blue dress she had on at the nursing home, It may have been something bloody or some duct tape, who knows"

It could have been the blue dress if it were a toilet they didn't use often since there were only the two of them there.  Same story with the duct tape. The problem is that it was July 1 and we know (I think) that Casey would come and go when they weren't home.  And Caylee wore the blue dress on June 15.  And I believe she murdered her on June 15, so there wouldn't have been duct tape on July 1.  But she could have found the blue dress or the duct tape in the car and had to get ride of one or both.  It's a real mystery.  I agree it was definitely something having to do with Caylee.  It's hard to wait.  I hope they get themselves a jury quick.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #364 on: May 08, 2011, 06:52:02 PM »

RID  I meant RID.  I hate it when I do that.

Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #365 on: May 08, 2011, 06:53:56 PM »

I have never seen a jury selection televised, although I heard someone say Casey's might be, do we know for sure?

I am trying to figure out if I need to be awake by 5am or not, gonna be hard keeping up on the west coast.  I am sure there will be live coverage of some of it tommorrow but I think it will be just what is going on outside and whoever they can get to do an interview.

Wow, justice is finally coming......it doesn't seem quite real, yet.

Hugs, Magic 

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #366 on: May 08, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »

http://www.imperfectparent.com/topics/2011/05/08/on-the-eve-of-casey-anthony-trial-a-flurry-of-motionsactivity/

On the eve of Casey Anthony trial, a flurry of motions,activity

Another new development, this time on the prosecution’s side, is the introduction of a new witness.

Melissa England will testify that Anthony told her she was getting a tattoo July 3, 2008, and that she wanted the words “La Bella Vita” on her shoulder, the new filing says. England also heard Anthony tell someone by phone that she could not meet because of car problems. When the call was over, England heard Anthony say, “Oh my God, I’m such a good liar.”

I think that there will be a few witnesses and a few other evidence related issues we still know nothing about..but news agancies do know.  Just saying through this almost 3 year saga many times the record would show that ( example) 500 pages were released, then another 200 pages ..and we would see nothing.  Then we might get 20 pages and then another full tilt release where we would get most of it.  I was just thinking yesterday..whatever happened to all the pages of evidence and depos that were released ..news agencies had..and then they released only a portion?  They are saving that info.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone..hope you are all having nice weather and relaxing times..whatever way you have chosen to celebrate..enjoy.

Gypsy!!!!  I hadn't thought of that.  The media might have some evidence in their possession that they are holding back.  Great thinking.

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #367 on: May 08, 2011, 06:58:39 PM »

I have never seen a jury selection televised, although I heard someone say Casey's might be, do we know for sure?

I am trying to figure out if I need to be awake by 5am or not, gonna be hard keeping up on the west coast.  I am sure there will be live coverage of some of it tommorrow but I think it will be just what is going on outside and whoever they can get to do an interview.

Hugs, Magic 

I was in England during some of the OJ Simpson trial and we watched it at night on Sky TV.  The time difference between the UK and the US west coast was eight hours.  I'm in the same time zone as FL now so I'll watch it, but life happens and I'll probably miss a lot.  I'm so glad that Monkeys keep us up to date.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: May 08, 2011, 07:19:30 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/27816769/detail.html
Casey Anthony Jury Selection To Begin Monday
by J.C. Carnahan
Posted: 8:19 am EDT May 8, 2011Updated: 6:58 pm EDT May 8, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Jury selection is set to begin Monday in the murder trial against Casey Anthony. The jury will be selected from a county outside of Central Florida, but that location won't be known until just hours before jury selection begins Monday morning.

WATCH LIVE: Jury Selection Coverage At 9am

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #369 on: May 08, 2011, 07:20:00 PM »

The subpoena thing is an old trick. That's why JB was smirking during the discussion of it during the hearing.     the defense  will do this to bind witnesses. It's an old tactic a  Big feeling CM was involved. JB is still too wet behind the ears to know this trick. With this case, it is even more calculated. They sent these out to keep any witnesses from attending jury selection, then tried to play dumb. The DT has known the exact trial date for over a month, so the "accidental" wrong subpoena dates are hogwash

Oh I so agree with you on this, Baez  and Mason didn't let a date mistake like that go out of the office..jury selection is open to the public...anyone can go in and watch what is taking place during the selection process...

Now the question is, will Cindy show up for jury selection because she didn't get her one on one video conference time with Casey?  IDK..we'll see what kind of leash her lawyer actually has her on..she can come..but she better keep quiet..jury selection is very important to both sides..and this is where the gavel is going to start meeting the desk.  At least I have high hopes that Judge Perry lives up to his past reputation of running a court with the decorum rules enforced

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #370 on: May 08, 2011, 07:22:47 PM »

Hugs, Magic 
Finally justice is coming to Caylee Magic. I have never seen jury selection, but I have only followed one trial from start to finish, so this is new to me. Hugs to you  an angelic monkey

::justice2NJ::

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #371 on: May 08, 2011, 07:28:48 PM »

Perry plans a formal announcement of the jury selection location Monday morning. He has kept it secret because he doesn't want the potential jury pool tainted.

I think it's irresponsible of the media to post this article.

We can all wait until Perry announces it.

The media just want to be the first to publish, no matter the cost.

JMO.

Now that I think about it, Perry did say that if the media found out on their own, they are free to publish it.

Still don't like that they did, though.

That's just me.

Brandi - I agree with you on this. I believe strongly in the public trial but I believe even more in the idea of a fair and impartial jury. I would hate to see this trial be appealed successfully because of tainting of the jury pool.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: May 08, 2011, 07:49:27 PM »

so excited for tomorrow!

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #373 on: May 08, 2011, 07:53:42 PM »

so excited for tomorrow!

me tooo  so xcited

Loca
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #374 on: May 08, 2011, 07:59:02 PM »

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_pinellas/casey-anthony-jury-to-come-from-pinellas,-sources-in-the-courthouse-confirmed-to-abc-action-news

Clearwater - ABC Action News has learned jury selection for the Casey Anthony murder trial will likely take place at the Pinellas County Courthouse. This comes from three independent sources in the Pinellas County Court system.

We're told trial attorneys will begin whittling down the 200-person jury pool at 7:30 am Monday, rather than the standard 8:30 am.

In a phone conversation late Saturday night, Pinellas County Clerk of the Court, Ken Burke, declined comment and said, “we have been directed to refer all inquiries to the Orange County Courts.”

Interesting....I wonder about 200 jurors, here we have about 700, but I like the idea of Pinellas County  ::justice2NJ::

BBM.
That must mean they all are going to check into their little hotel rooms sometime tonight.

The jury won't check in until they are chosen..........I want to know where they found $30.00 a night rooms there............I have a nephew there and when we went to his wedding we paid over $200 a night for what I consider  "moderate" accommodations,

Yes. I was referring to Bozo et. al.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #375 on: May 08, 2011, 07:59:17 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/27816769/detail.html
Casey Anthony Jury Selection To Begin Monday
by J.C. Carnahan
Posted: 8:19 am EDT May 8, 2011Updated: 6:58 pm EDT May 8, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Jury selection is set to begin Monday in the murder trial against Casey Anthony. The jury will be selected from a county outside of Central Florida, but that location won't be known until just hours before jury selection begins Monday morning.

WATCH LIVE: Jury Selection Coverage At 9am

BBM, so I guess that answered my question, they are saying jury selection will be covered live tomorrow.  Gonna get lots of sleep tonight, will be up early, can't wait for this to get underway.  The cage is gonna be so full of loving monkeys, I am so relieved to be here with all of you.

Hugs, Magic 

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #376 on: May 08, 2011, 07:59:40 PM »

so excited for tomorrow!

me tooo  so xcited
Add me to the list...I was just looking at my sig line and the hours clock...it's almost time!
Three years of waiting, longer than Caylee drew breath, and, please God, her justice will be served.  (With a side order of Cindy and/or George...)
I will certainly drink to that!

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #377 on: May 08, 2011, 08:05:14 PM »

soooo..what time does court start? 8:30 Florida time...correct..which is 7:30 Chicago/Illinois time...can't wait!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: May 08, 2011, 08:09:33 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-trial-sequestration-20110508,0,2254873.story
As Anthony jury selection starts Monday, those chosen will put lives on hold By Amy Pavuk, Orlando Sentinel
6:59 p.m. EDT, May 8, 2011

'Life or death is on the line'

Life for the Anthony jury during the trial won't be easy.

More than 500 members of the local and national media have requested credentials to attend part or all of the proceedings. The scene outside the courthouse, and in the vacant lot across the street — which will be transformed into a media village of sorts — is sure to be a circus.

Capital cases are stressful for jurors, even when they are not sequestered; Anthony faces death if she is convicted on the first-degree murder charge.

"It has to be unnerving at best, and potentially quite unsettling, to be whisked away from your support system, job and other means of doing business," said James Acker, a professor at the University at Albany School of Criminal Justice in New York. "Day-to-day involvement in a trial where somebody's guilt, innocence, life or death is on the line — that just has to enhance pressures."

Experts say jurors can experience post-traumatic stress disorder from serving on a jury — particularly trials with gruesome evidence.

The Couey juror who asked not to be identified said she sat so close to the evidence she could have reached out and touched the items, including the mattress where Couey sexually assaulted 9-year-old Jessica.

"It was very stressful," she said. "It was a difficult trial."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: May 08, 2011, 08:20:44 PM »

so excited for tomorrow!

me tooo  so xcited
Add me to the list...I was just looking at my sig line and the hours clock...it's almost time!
Three years of waiting, longer than Caylee drew breath, and, please God, her justice will be served.  (With a side order of Cindy and/or George...)
I will certainly drink to that!

Speaking of the countdown timer, if you are using it today, be sure to delete it from your signature by tomorrow morning. I set it for midnight tonight, so it will not work properly after that. Wink

Personally, I am most anxious for May 17 when the actual trial *should* begin. But I am anxious to see what we will concerning jury selection as well.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.