March 18, 2024, 11:46:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #194 5/06/11 -  (Read 188164 times)
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #380 on: May 08, 2011, 08:44:27 PM »

SNIPPED:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrFiQBkN4UM&feature=player_profilepage
snipped from a poster at thehinkeymeter.com
So I went to the Pinellas County Courthouse today around 5:00 PM. Not much was going on...a little media presence, police cars in the parking lot of the courthouse, and one media camera was filming me as I was filming him. 

So either the 'three independent sources from the courthouse' are there to throw the media off track OR Judge Perry was right - noone in Pinellas gives a rats behind about the Anthony's woes...this place was empty.

The only major station to not have a vehicle on site was NBC. I made it home in time to turn their channel on for the 6 o'clock news. The Anthony jury selection was their lead story. They said that The Today Show plans to have a presence at the courthouse tomorrow. We shall see.

Here is the link to my video blog: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrFiQBkN ... rofilepage

Loca
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #381 on: May 08, 2011, 08:51:19 PM »

REMINDER - LATER TONIGHT I'M GOING TO BE TURNING OFF ATTACHMENTS FOR THE DURATION OF THE TRIAL.  ALL THIS REALLY MEANS TO YOU IS THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO UPLOAD A PHOTO IN YOUR POST.  YOU CAN POST PHOTOS IF THEY ARE IN PHOTOBUCKET OR FLICKR OR HOSTED ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET BUT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO UPLOAD FROM YOUR PC DIRECTLY TO THE FORUM.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #382 on: May 08, 2011, 09:02:50 PM »

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/state/report-casey-anthony-jury-selection-headed-to-pinellas-1462671.html
Report: Casey Anthony jury selection headed to Pinellas County Posted: 4:12 p.m. Sunday, May 8, 2011
Palm Beach Post Staff and Wire Reports

Jurors for what promises to be the blockbuster trial of Casey Anthony will be selected in Pinellas County, Tampa Bay media outlets reported Sunday.

Palm Beach County also was seriously considered as the site for the selection of jurors in the murder trial, in which Anthony, 25, is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony, in the summer of 2008.

Pinellas County's largest courtroom has been cleared for the rest of the week, media parking spaces have been cordoned off and a large number of people have been summoned for jury duty Monday and Tuesday, the St. Petersburg Times reported Sunday.

Tampa Bay's ABC affiliate WFTS also reported Sunday that three independent sources confirmed that lawyers will choose from a 200-member jury pool at 7:30 a.m. Monday in Clearwater.
 ::snipping2::

Perry plans a formal announcement of the jury selection location Monday morning. He has kept it secret because he doesn't want the potential jury pool tainted.

I think it's irresponsible of the media to post this article.

We can all wait until Perry announces it.

The media just want to be the first to publish, no matter the cost.

JMO.

Now that I think about it, Perry did say that if the media found out on their own, they are free to publish it.

Still don't like that they did, though.

That's just me.

Brandi - I agree with you on this. I believe strongly in the public trial but I believe even more in the idea of a fair and impartial jury. I would hate to see this trial be appealed successfully because of tainting of the jury pool.

Not to worry..from the info I have gleaned on several Florida State and various Florida County sites....jury selection is always open to the public.  And Judge Perry evidently recoginized the media would be there..he just didn't want media hyping the jury selection site all weekend..on street corners doing interviews with local citizens, potential jurors.

Another thought..at the beginning of Friday's court hearing..they were all off camera..and Jose comes back and sheepishly says he withdraws his motion against the location of the jury selection..do you think like me that when they were in chambers the judge sat him down and said you can do this... But..here are the demographics for each county in Florida that my staff put together for me...and once Jose saw the actual demograhics and realized he could do much worse, he went along with the location?  Actually..I am fairly sure the judge went to great lengths, keeping both fairness and costs in mind, to pick the closest location that he felt they could pull an impartial jury from.  I think once Jose saw the demographics..although I am sure he should have has his own, rather he did or not stands to question, he knew that this judge is playing fair to the nth degree.  Jury selection can have issues..I feel under Judge Perry it will not.

I am wondering who really will be seated on this jury..women who are pregnant are able to be excused, mother's that work part time and care for their child under 6 can be excused, people 70 years and older can be excused..and of course if it poses personal hardship you can be excused.  I think for many people the personal hardship is going to be an issue.  How many people can be away from home and work for approximately 8 weeks?  What about people that function well in society but need consistent medical care..dialysis patients, etc?  I still think she will end up with mostly a reitred group with a few 40 to 50's thrown in..very few people in their 20's-40's can miss work or their home life for 2 months..financially it just doesn't work that way.  But there maybe more 20-40's out there that are financially and career wise secure enough to be able to commit to that timeframe.  We shall see in the next few days .

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #383 on: May 08, 2011, 09:04:14 PM »

Hi Monkey Friends!! 
I am so frickin excited 
I feel like it is the night before the first day of school..excited, anxious,.. 
It is time for justice for Caylee  ::justice2NJ::

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: May 08, 2011, 09:22:31 PM »

Not to worry..from the info I have gleaned on several Florida State and various Florida County sites....jury selection is always open to the public.  And Judge Perry evidently recoginized the media would be there..he just didn't want media hyping the jury selection site all weekend..on street corners doing interviews with local citizens, potential jurors.

Another thought..at the beginning of Friday's court hearing..they were all off camera..and Jose comes back and sheepishly says he withdraws his motion against the location of the jury selection..do you think like me that when they were in chambers the judge sat him down and said you can do this... But..here are the demographics for each county in Florida that my staff put together for me...and once Jose saw the actual demograhics and realized he could do much worse, he went along with the location?  Actually..I am fairly sure the judge went to great lengths, keeping both fairness and costs in mind, to pick the closest location that he felt they could pull an impartial jury from.  I think once Jose saw the demographics..although I am sure he should have has his own, rather he did or not stands to question, he knew that this judge is playing fair to the nth degree.  Jury selection can have issues..I feel under Judge Perry it will not.

I am wondering who really will be seated on this jury..women who are pregnant are able to be excused, mother's that work part time and care for their child under 6 can be excused, people 70 years and older can be excused..and of course if it poses personal hardship you can be excused.  I think for many people the personal hardship is going to be an issue.  How many people can be away from home and work for approximately 8 weeks?  What about people that function well in society but need consistent medical care..dialysis patients, etc?  I still think she will end up with mostly a reitred group with a few 40 to 50's thrown in..very few people in their 20's-40's can miss work or their home life for 2 months..financially it just doesn't work that way.  But there maybe more 20-40's out there that are financially and career wise secure enough to be able to commit to that timeframe.  We shall see in the next few days .

Back in the old days, some companies would pay full pay if you got jury duty.  Years ago I was working for a division of Sears.  At that time they paid full pay for jury duty and I was on a 7 week trial.  It was a pain in the neck and I still went into work most every day for about an hour before court.  These days I'm sure very few companies still do that though.

That leaves either the unemployed or the retired.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #385 on: May 08, 2011, 09:29:51 PM »

Back in the old days, some companies would pay full pay if you got jury duty.  Years ago I was working for a division of Sears.  At that time they paid full pay for jury duty and I was on a 7 week trial.  It was a pain in the neck and I still went into work most every day for about an hour before court.  These days I'm sure very few companies still do that though.

That leaves either the unemployed or the retired.

Lots of both here (unemployed and retired).
When I was on jury duty a few years ago, I was paid in full BUT I had to had over my lousy $15/day check to the place of employment. (a large hospital).
Most small companies don't give u anything especially when you're part time which makes jd a hardship.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #386 on: May 08, 2011, 09:34:08 PM »

SNIPPED:
So I went to the Pinellas County Courthouse today around 5:00 PM. Not much was going on...a little media presence, police cars in the parking lot of the courthouse, and one media camera was filming me as I was filming him. 

So either the 'three independent sources from the courthouse' are there to throw the media off track OR Judge Perry was right - noone in Pinellas gives a rats behind about the Anthony's woes...this place was empty.

The only major station to not have a vehicle on site was NBC. I made it home in time to turn their channel on for the 6 o'clock news. The Anthony jury selection was their lead story. They said that The Today Show plans to have a presence at the courthouse tomorrow. We shall see.

Here is the link to my video blog: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrFiQBkN ... rofilepage
It is Mother's Day.....spend time with mom and the family or sit in a parking lot?    Does this even require an answer?! 

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #387 on: May 08, 2011, 09:49:09 PM »

SNIPPED:

It is Mother's Day.....spend time with mom and the family or sit in a parking lot?    Does this even require an answer?! 
lol huh

Loca
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #388 on: May 08, 2011, 09:58:52 PM »

I have never seen a jury selection televised, although I heard someone say Casey's might be, do we know for sure?

I am trying to figure out if I need to be awake by 5am or not, gonna be hard keeping up on the west coast.  I am sure there will be live coverage of some of it tommorrow but I think it will be just what is going on outside and whoever they can get to do an interview.

Wow, justice is finally coming......it doesn't seem quite real, yet.

Hugs, Magic 

I don't have a link, but a few weeks back, I think a Monkey emailed Kathi Belich, and asked her if they were covering Jury selection and she said they were streaming it live, I believe.  I could be wrong though.

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #389 on: May 08, 2011, 10:04:23 PM »

Here is a list of hotels in Clearwater...Don't see many in the $50 range

http://www.compare.hotelstravel.com/SearchResults.aspx?languageCode=EN&checkin=05%2f09%2f2011&checkout=05%2f17%2f2011&CheckInDate=05%2f09%2f2011&CheckOutDate=05%2f17%2f2011&Rooms=1&Adults=1&fileName=Clearwater

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
crazybabyborg
« Reply #390 on: May 08, 2011, 10:23:35 PM »

REMINDER - LATER TONIGHT I'M GOING TO BE TURNING OFF ATTACHMENTS FOR THE DURATION OF THE TRIAL.  ALL THIS REALLY MEANS TO YOU IS THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO UPLOAD A PHOTO IN YOUR POST.  YOU CAN POST PHOTOS IF THEY ARE IN PHOTOBUCKET OR FLICKR OR HOSTED ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET BUT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO UPLOAD FROM YOUR PC DIRECTLY TO THE FORUM.

Small price to keep things up and running smoothly, Klaas! Thanks for all you do to keep us wide eyed and bushy tailed for this! Justice is on the way!

::justice2NJ::
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #391 on: May 08, 2011, 10:26:25 PM »

Hi Monkey Friends!! 
I am so frickin excited 

YOU HAVE LOTS OF COMPANY!!! ::justice2NJ::

Loca
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #392 on: May 08, 2011, 10:26:43 PM »

So if they do live stream the jury selection. What does that mean we all will get to see or hear..does that mean we will be able to hear what they ask people? I am confused
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #393 on: May 08, 2011, 10:29:22 PM »

Hi Monkey Friends!! 
I am so frickin excited 

YOU HAVE LOTS OF COMPANY!!! ::justice2NJ::

You really do have lots of company!!!!

I came on to post my excitement about the trial starting tomorrow and Caylee's time has come!!!

I can't wait!!!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #394 on: May 08, 2011, 10:31:16 PM »

I've stayed in the area of Clearwater and I wouldn't think there would be many in that range either. 
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #395 on: May 08, 2011, 10:31:22 PM »

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_pinellas/casey-anthony-jury-to-come-from-pinellas,-sources-in-the-courthouse-confirmed-to-abc-action-news

Clearwater - ABC Action News has learned jury selection for the Casey Anthony murder trial will likely take place at the Pinellas County Courthouse. This comes from three independent sources in the Pinellas County Court system.

We're told trial attorneys will begin whittling down the 200-person jury pool at 7:30 am Monday, rather than the standard 8:30 am.

In a phone conversation late Saturday night, Pinellas County Clerk of the Court, Ken Burke, declined comment and said, “we have been directed to refer all inquiries to the Orange County Courts.”

Interesting....I wonder about 200 jurors, here we have about 700, but I like the idea of Pinellas County  ::justice2NJ::

BBM.
That must mean they all are going to check into their little hotel rooms sometime tonight.

The jury won't check in until they are chosen..........I want to know where they found $30.00 a night rooms there............I have a nephew there and when we went to his wedding we paid over $200 a night for what I consider  "moderate" accommodations,
I think CJBP was having a little fun with Baez when he said $30/night.....after Baez said he didn't roll like Mason.  Yet, during an INSession interview with Baez, he was asked what he did to get away from the case, get some down time. Baez goes to various places all the time, so don't tell me he can't afford hotel accommodations.  And depending where it is, he could always drive back home.  Of course with gas so high, hotel rates could be cheaper.  moo

I thought JP said plenty of rooms would be available for $50 a night.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #396 on: May 08, 2011, 10:39:00 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/27816769/detail.html
Casey Anthony Jury Selection To Begin Monday
Posted: 8:19 am EDT May 8, 2011Updated: 9:51 pm EDT May 8, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Jury selection is set to begin Monday in the murder trial against Casey Anthony. The jury will be selected from a county outside of Central Florida, but that location won't be known until just hours before jury selection begins Monday morning.
Once a jury is selected, they will be taken to Orange County to begin trial proceedings. Officials say Casey's trial is expected to last roughly two months, possibly even longer.
Video at link

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #397 on: May 08, 2011, 10:40:42 PM »

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_pinellas/casey-anthony-jury-to-come-from-pinellas,-sources-in-the-courthouse-confirmed-to-abc-action-news

Clearwater - ABC Action News has learned jury selection for the Casey Anthony murder trial will likely take place at the Pinellas County Courthouse. This comes from three independent sources in the Pinellas County Court system.

We're told trial attorneys will begin whittling down the 200-person jury pool at 7:30 am Monday, rather than the standard 8:30 am.

In a phone conversation late Saturday night, Pinellas County Clerk of the Court, Ken Burke, declined comment and said, “we have been directed to refer all inquiries to the Orange County Courts.”

Interesting....I wonder about 200 jurors, here we have about 700, but I like the idea of Pinellas County  ::justice2NJ::

BBM.
That must mean they all are going to check into their little hotel rooms sometime tonight.

The jury won't check in until they are chosen..........I want to know where they found $30.00 a night rooms there............I have a nephew there and when we went to his wedding we paid over $200 a night for what I consider  "moderate" accommodations,
I think CJBP was having a little fun with Baez when he said $30/night.....after Baez said he didn't roll like Mason.  Yet, during an INSession interview with Baez, he was asked what he did to get away from the case, get some down time. Baez goes to various places all the time, so don't tell me he can't afford hotel accommodations.  And depending where it is, he could always drive back home.  Of course with gas so high, hotel rates could be cheaper.  moo

I thought JP said plenty of rooms would be available for $50 a night.

...and google maps says the distance between Clearwater and Orange County courthouses is over 100 miles. I am still stuck on the 1-hour drive time Perry mentioned.

Just sayin`.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #398 on: May 08, 2011, 10:41:40 PM »

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/05/casey-anthony-trial-oj-simpson
Casey Anthony Trial Set To Start Amid O.J. Simpson-Type ManiaCasey Anthony Trial Set To Start Amid O.J. Simpson-Type Mania
Posted on May 08, 2011 @ 09:36PM   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
crazybabyborg
« Reply #399 on: May 08, 2011, 10:43:01 PM »

Hi Puzzler! That whole area is pretty high dollar. Maybe things get less expensive if you go to cut rate hotels, but I would think that jurors would have a standard that would demand at least a mid range hotel.

Maybe things have gotten cheaper since gas has gone up and the economy has worsened?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.