March 18, 2024, 08:16:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #194 5/06/11 -  (Read 188141 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2011, 09:15:37 PM »

VIDEO REPORT: WFTV Analyzes Potential Casey Jurors Pt. 1
http://www.wftv.com/video/27806570/index.html

Oh Sheet.......I have jury duty next week and it never crossed my mind they would pull from my area since we are so far away (I could swim to Alabama), but I don't think they would be happy with a jury from here, uber consrvative-so conservative that Kathy Griffin was not allowed to come to the Civic Center due to the fact she is too polarizing    Surrounded by military, 5 bases that I can think of off the top of my head in less than 40 miles, hard core conservative, hard core pro gun and death penalty. D@MN

Hi everyone

I can see it now....

Baez: Please state your name for the record.

Potential Juror: Islandmonkey from the Scared Monkey Blogosphere.

Baez: DIZMIZZZED

Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2011, 09:17:33 PM »

After flurry of late developments, Casey Anthony's trial will begin Monday as scheduled
Chief Judge Belvin Perry still has not publicly disclosed where the jury will be selected.

::snipping2::

Anthony's first-degree murder case saw a flurry of activity Friday:

• Perry allowed Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony, to sit through her trial.

• Word came that Cindy Anthony scheduled a visit with Casey Anthony in the jail this morning. It's unclear whether Casey Anthony will accept her mother's request.

• Anthony's defense team filed more than 30 depositions.

• Prosecutors added another witness to their list.

::snipping2::

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-trial-friday-develop20110506,0,2019880.story
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2011, 09:18:04 PM »

Ummmm I have a question please. Will we get to see them pick there jury?

No.  The jury will not be shown and will only be identified by a number. Even during the trial the jury will not be seen.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2011, 09:21:11 PM »

NG - LP is saying that they may claim Caylee was in the pool the night Rosebud tryed to choke her, found Caylee dead and went into a state of disassociation for the next 31 days.     

NR...thanks for all the posts.  I have thanked you several times, but always seem to miss you. Glad to see you back.  Oh yes, LP is full of CHIT! Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2011, 09:21:30 PM »

How to get a seat inside the courtroom

Once the trial against Casey Anthony begins in Orange County, a seat inside the courtroom will be a hot ticket.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/050511-How-to-see-Casey-Anthony-trial-in-person
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2011, 09:28:53 PM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/
Casey Anthony To Sit “Facing” The Jury At Trial

Loca
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2011, 09:29:25 PM »

This is so sad and disturbing.  I have been following a case in my area. Chris Coleman killed his wife and 2 little boys. He was convicted last night of all 3 murders. How in the hell can someone kill any child..but how can one kill their own.......how could KC look at her child and kill her.... I think when Jeff was describing putting the duct tape on Caylee and she begged AL to 'make him stop' it was because that is what happened.....and Jeff knew!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2011, 09:31:49 PM »

Hi loca and thanks!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2011, 09:33:08 PM »

VIDEO REPORT: WFTV Analyzes Potential Casey Jurors Pt. 1
http://www.wftv.com/video/27806570/index.html

Oh Sheet.......I have jury duty next week and it never crossed my mind they would pull from my area since we are so far away (I could swim to Alabama), but I don't think they would be happy with a jury from here, uber consrvative-so conservative that Kathy Griffin was not allowed to come to the Civic Center due to the fact she is too polarizing    Surrounded by military, 5 bases that I can think of off the top of my head in less than 40 miles, hard core conservative, hard core pro gun and death penalty. D@MN

Hi everyone

Hi IM!!  I know you would be a great juror on this case. Monkey Devil!

Sure I would......I could be impartial (NOT) but I could pretend LOL, pick me pick me

i know you could and I would vouch for you!! Monkey Devil! ::justice2NJ::

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2011, 09:35:07 PM »

Exactly as she should!  I want them to see her evilness....she can't hide it for long.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2011, 09:38:45 PM »

No.  The jury will not be shown and will only be identified by a number. Even during the trial the jury will not be seen.

BBM. Really? I thought we'd see them during the trial. I was looking forward to gauging their responses by the looks on their face.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2011, 09:42:09 PM »

Thanks for sharing that, Sunny.
I guess they were trying to intimidate the As and let them know that if they caused any commotion
or any outbursts, they'd be thrown out.

They better read the Public Decorum Courtroom rules before Trial begins.

I noticed today George still is wearing a Caylee bracelet, not to mention his constant gum chewing.

but...but...but they are special....

Come trial time, I am willing to bet they will not be so "special."

We'll see.

I agree..based on the "next of kin" , with Florida having no state ruling on whom that might be..the whole famil vs 1 person, they had their rights in this.  I applaud their attorney in finding that loop hole so Cindy didn't miss a minute. 

I also think where ever the A's land in the court seating, cameras will be focused on them at key intervals, and the A's . unless having been going through behavior modification without anyone knowing, will still be the A's.  The judge knows that too.  This is a volatile situation for them as a family..heck they were a violital family before this happened by all accounts, so I don't see how they could even hope to approach the hearings stone faced and silent.  The gum chewing, water guzzling , texting will also have to cease.

Well whats left, actually listening to the trial.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »

Exactly as she should!  I want them to see her evilness....she can't hide it for long.
sunny
hello and yessss your so right let them see evil pour out of her cold dark eyes!!

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2011, 09:53:25 PM »

hi sunny
 and your very welcomed

Loca
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2011, 09:59:09 PM »

Thanks for sharing that, Sunny.
I guess they were trying to intimidate the As and let them know that if they caused any commotion
or any outbursts, they'd be thrown out.

I think you are right. I think they were sending a message. I am still a bit put out that JP is allowing the A's to be excluded from the sequestration rule....I am so tired of seeing them get special treatment. IMO they are the scum of the earth. I hope they show their azzes right out of the shoot and are dragged kicking and screaming out of court.

I am also waiting on official confirmation that KC denied the visit from Cindy.  What a day!!

I am concerned as I am sure bozo is about WHAT they will scream. It would be very easy to cause a mistrial and I would almost bet that is what they have in mind.

A visitor pretrial, acknowledged as a family member by both parties, who is accepted as a visitor by the incarcerated, has no bearing.  This is a video taped visit, there is no standard to say Casey can not accept a jail house visit with her mother.  This is in no way a violation of Casey's rights..it would be her decision and she knows , as well as Cindy, it is recorded.   Bozo is concerned because I believe Cindy would like her to consider a plea right now.

I also think Cindy wants to speak with her one last time before the hearings..in a semi' private situation..although they both know that this is recorded.  I don't begrudge Cindy that..and hey..I am hoping she can convince her to plea.  But most likely it will be one last time to say she loves her and Cindy will be hoping for the same reply..any Mother would..yes even in this circumstance..even though I would not stand behind my child for what they had done, I would still love them and encourage them to do the right thing now and admit their guilt by a plea bargain.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2011, 10:06:52 PM »

Wow, what a crazy day today in this case!!!

Of all days, my internet service provider was down for several hours.

Thank you so much to all the monkeys for the great posts, links and pictures.

I knew I would be able to see everything by reading on SM.

But....it sure took a long time for me to catch up!

Thanks!

Puzzler

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2011, 10:10:17 PM »

Hi Monks---I really wanted the judge to bar those two morons from the trial just because I wanted to see Cindy melt into a puddle like the wicked witch she is.  I believe that in common usage grandparents are extended family, not next-of-kin.  I guess it really doesn't matter because rubber faced George will get the old heave-ho in short order.  His facial expressions are so exaggerated that they are comical, but I don't believe the judge will think they're funny.  I also wonder if anyone else noticed Cindy still hasn't bought a good bra.  Those puppies were swinging today like two oranges in two tube socks.  Gravity does take its toll.

I think she will show up at the jail tomorrow with press in tow so that she can play the poor misunderstood damsel in distress. As far as Baez saying that he won't allow his client to do anything, I don't think he is in a position to allow or disallow.  After all, Casey is chairman of the board, according to George.  Nobody disallows the chairman to do anything. In fact, I believe that if Casey wants to see Cindy, that's what she'll do.  I don't think she wants to though, because she's got her three squares and a bunk and doesn't need Cindy anymore. And the bus could be heading toward Cindy.  Wonder if she's considered that?

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
crazybabyborg
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2011, 10:14:58 PM »

NG - LP is saying that they may claim Caylee was in the pool the night Rosebud tryed to choke her, found Caylee dead and went into a state of disassociation for the next 31 days.     

Well good. Maybe she can "disaasociate" herself and let her alter ego take the lethal injection! 
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2011, 10:18:25 PM »

snipped from a blogger at the hinkymeter.com

The identity of the biological father is not important to the charges that have been brought. There is a provision for the next of kin to be allowed to sit in the courtroom during a trial, but the next of kin is often a witness, and judges usually exclude them from the courtroom like other witnesses. -- Judge O.H. Eaton

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27786629/detail.html#ixzz1LcWoN1ya

Richard hornsby:responded

To Judge Eaton's credit, I agree. The majority of the time that a defense attorney invokes the rule of sequestration as to the victim or next of kin in homicide cases, the judges grant it because it makes it very difficult for a defendant to give his opening or cross examine witnesses knowing if the victim/next of kin are present and part of the defense is to attack their credibility and/or motives.

What was different about this case is (1) the next of kin were represented and the attorney filed a motion specifically objecting to being excluded, thus raising the possibility of an pretrial appeal, and (2) the defense objected (meaning if they had been in favor of it, I think Judge Perry would have ruled against them regardless of Beasley. I just think he does not like them.)

Also, just to show you how inept Mason is, even though I think the Anthonys should have been considered next of kin, if I were the defense attorney and really wanted them excluded, I would have never stipulated they are next of kin as the statute on "kin" specifically states that they are not next of kin, only Casey and Caylee's paternal grandparents (assuming the father id deceased) are "next of kin." Under the statute, George and Cindy only become next of kin if Casey were deceased or she is convicted.

Had they made that argument, they would have had a fighting chance and preserved the appellate record in the event of an appeal. As it stands now, even if they appealed the issue, an appellate court would say they waived it by agreeing George and Cindy were next of kin.

Loca
crazybabyborg
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2011, 10:20:39 PM »

BBM. Really? I thought we'd see them during the trial. I was looking forward to gauging their responses by the looks on their face.

Hi Curly!! OJ's trial was like that as well. The camera was positioned behind the jury so that no one sitting on the jury could be seen. Any reference made in regard to a specific juror was always done by juror number, instead of using names too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.