April 25, 2024, 06:04:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #194 5/06/11 -  (Read 189460 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2011, 11:21:01 PM »

Ok I have a question? Does all 12 jurers have to agree casey is guilty of 1st degree murder. Or is it a certain amount? I prolly didn't ask that right. But I think you guys know what I am asking lol I hope so anyway..Smile

I believe that in a criminal case all 12 have to agree beyond a shadow of doubt.  In civil cases I believe it's 9 of the 12 have to agree that the preponderance of the evidence leads them to believe one way or the other. 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2011, 11:21:40 PM »

Ok I have a question? Does all 12 jurers have to agree casey is guilty of 1st degree murder. Or is it a certain amount? I prolly didn't ask that right. But I think you guys know what I am asking lol I hope so anyway..Smile

Yes they must all agree, the decision has to be unanimous.

ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2011, 11:26:37 PM »

Good evening, all!  Bringing this over from the last thread http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/may/240568/Photo-Gallery:-Casey-Anthony-emergency-hearing--May-6-2011?cid=rss . I wonder what it up in the first pic of the thumbnails.  Look at the female guard, then look at Mason's expression and Baez' expressions.  Something seems amiss there.  Wonder what was going on or had been said because there's definite tension.  I'm wondering if this goes back to the little jury room conference with JBP prior to the start of the hearing today.  I wonder if it had anything to do with Mason rubbing Casey's back and resting his hand on her at the last hearing.   

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2011, 11:29:55 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/index.html
 ::snipping2::
ORLANDO, Fla. -- George and Cindy Anthony's attorney, Mark Lippman, said late Friday that there will not be a jailhouse meeting on Saturday between Cindy and Casey Anthony.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27809116/detail.html#ixzz1LdFSr0am

You win some, you lose some. 

Not even hitting them over the head with a bat would have gotten thru to the Anthonys.   

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2011, 11:29:58 PM »

Casey Anthony jury selection could be coming to Pinellas on Monday

LARGO — Somewhere in Florida on Monday, lawyers will start picking a jury in the high-profile murder case against Casey Anthony, the Orlando mother accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter.

The trial will take place in Orlando, but to find jurors who have not seen as much news coverage on the case, they will be picked elsewhere in the state.

The presiding judge has refused to say where that will happen.

But in Pinellas County this week, court officials have been preparing the criminal courthouse on 49th Street as if something very big is coming.

The building's largest courtroom has been cleared of other proceedings for early next week. A healthy number of people have been summoned for jury duty on Monday and Tuesday. And media parking spaces outside the courthouse have been cordoned off.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/casey-anthony-jury-selection-could-be-coming-to-pinellas-on-monday/1168296
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2011, 11:32:04 PM »

LARGO — Somewhere in Florida on Monday, lawyers will start picking a jury in the high-profile murder case against Casey Anthony, the Orlando mother accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter.

The trial will take place in Orlando, but to find jurors who have not seen as much news coverage on the case, they will be picked elsewhere in the state.

But in Pinellas County this week, court officials have been preparing the criminal courthouse on 49th Street as if something very big is coming.

The building's largest courtroom has been cleared of other proceedings for early next week. A healthy number of people have been summoned for jury duty on Monday and Tuesday. And media parking spaces outside the courthouse have been cordoned off.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/casey-anthony-jury-selection-could-be-coming-to-pinellas-on-monday/1168296

Is Pinella within an hour from Orlando?

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2011, 11:33:06 PM »

In thumbnail pic 14, you can see Casey's jaw muscles clenched, as are both of her fists.  Methinks Casey wasn't having a good day. Cheney Mason-Are you having "fun" yet? One more thing, how George can wear that Caylee bracelet, knowing what he knows (something made him vomit during his LE interview), is waaaay beyond me.

Forecast for the Day:
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2011, 11:45:43 PM »

Some of these newspapers need to hire some editors.  This is one of their headlines. 

Casey Anthony's parents can attend her trail, judge rules

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/state/casey-anthonys-parents-can-attend-her-trail-judge-1459117.html

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2011, 11:49:25 PM »

O/T - Gypsy DD, please check your email when you get a chance, TIA 

Will do Klaas..thank you.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2011, 12:01:12 AM »

Does all 12 jurors have to agree to convict her with murder?

I was wondering that myself.  I do not know.  I would assume for the DP, yes they all have to agree, but not sure about the guilt part. 

This is what I found with a quick search:

Florida is the only state in the nation which requires a unanimous jury verdict to convict someone of capital murder and make them eligible for the death penalty, but then requires only a majority jury vote to sentence them to death.
http://floridainnocence.org/content/?p=3598

and

Under our current law, a jury must already make a unanimous decision before an accused murdered may be found guilty of capital murder. Every person on Death Row has been placed there as the result of a unanimous vote.
http://www.myfloridalegal.com/NewsBrie.nsf/OnlineBrief/F1936CFD53E1B0A8852570AB0047760B

FWIW

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9778.msg1332195#msg1332195

Hope this helps.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2011, 12:12:50 AM »

Does all 12 jurors have to agree to convict her with murder?

I was wondering that myself.  I do not know.  I would assume for the DP, yes they all have to agree, but not sure about the guilt part. 

This is what I found with a quick search:

Florida is the only state in the nation which requires a unanimous jury verdict to convict someone of capital murder and make them eligible for the death penalty, but then requires only a majority jury vote to sentence them to death.
http://floridainnocence.org/content/?p=3598

and

Under our current law, a jury must already make a unanimous decision before an accused murdered may be found guilty of capital murder. Every person on Death Row has been placed there as the result of a unanimous vote.
http://www.myfloridalegal.com/NewsBrie.nsf/OnlineBrief/F1936CFD53E1B0A8852570AB0047760B

FWIW

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9778.msg1332195#msg1332195

Hope this helps.

Wow, Brandi, thanks.  I would have assumed it was the other way around, majority for guilt, unanimous for DP.  Weird. 

ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2011, 12:16:44 AM »

Speaking of the bus possibly heading towards Cindy got me thinking...Casey could say George and Cindy killed Caylee because Cindy was obsessed with Caylee and Casey wouldn't alet them have her.  Or that Cindy killed her and George helped her dispose of the body.  She could say she left Caylee with them and didn't know Caylee was missing (hence the partying) and then lied out of fear to protect herself.  Any way you paint though, it's a huge stretch.  The ironic thing is that Cindy seriously underestimates Casey's loyalty to her.  Like a true narcissist, Cindy has no idea of how Casey really feels about her.  A narcissist sees himself/herself as central to and prominent in everyone else's world.  In their mind, they are oh-so important/loved/needed/necessary and because of that, they tend to be bossy, opinionated, and intrusive.  They have no idea of the contempt usually flung their way, the disgusted eye rolls, etc.  IMHO, I think Cindy has Narcissistic Personality Disorder.  As much as I dislike what Cindy's done and her arrogance, I think she needs mental health help (seriously, all kidding aside).  If Cindy is thrown under the bus (and I think she will be to some extent), I fully expect fireworks and drama. IMO, her covering for Casey was really covering for herslef.  I think her children and Caylee have always been seen as an extension of herself. I think the family is a closed unit because Cindy wanted/demanded/expected/needed to be the Be-All-And-End-All for Casey and Lee.  As frustrated as she appears to have been with George (alluded to in emails of Shirley Plesea), Cindy needed George and everyone else in that family to need her.  She fostered an unhealthy co-dependency, failed to teach and allow her children to learn responsibility/accountability, and never allowed her children to separate from her as healthy adults need to. That's what I expect Casey's mitigation team to home in on when Casey gets to the Penalty Phase.  All MOO 

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2011, 12:19:11 AM »

Well, I need to scram.  I've got an early family gathering in the a.m..  Take good care everyone!  Justice for Caylee is coming and nothing and no one can stop it. 'Nite all!

Forecast for the Day:
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2011, 12:31:20 AM »

In thumbnail pic 14, you can see Casey's jaw muscles clenched, as are both of her fists.  Methinks Casey wasn't having a good day. Cheney Mason-Are you having "fun" yet? One more thing, how George can wear that Caylee bracelet, knowing what he knows (something made him vomit during his LE interview), is waaaay beyond me.

ISpy - I looked at those pictures (thanks for pointing them out) and I agree - seems like something going one.  In that first picture, Baez and Mason are really looking at the female guard, yet she doesn't seem to be talking to them....something went on...

Also, in one of the pictures as Casey is walking out, a picture of the guard and Casey, Casey seems to have an odd look to her face, too.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2011, 12:50:24 AM »

Klaas..I didn't get your email.  I am going to put my current email in my profile , if you want you can resend to that one if it is different then what you have.

Anyroad..I'll keep checking for it.

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2011, 12:55:58 AM »

Klaas..I didn't get your email.  I am going to put my current email in my profile , if you want you can resend to that one if it is different then what you have.

The email I have listed is my correct and current email.  It's 12:53 pm here..so I'm going to look again in the morning for your email.

Good night 

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2011, 01:15:17 AM »

So the defense needed 2 jury consultants?  With Mason's expertise thrown in?  Not totally buying Gabriel's statement.  Maybe he did leave, and then the defense came up with what he was requesting??   

That sounds a lot more reasonable to me. The statement did not make sense. Wasn't he the one hawking them on TV?

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2011, 01:17:20 AM »

The email I have listed is my correct and current email.  It's 12:53 pm here..so I'm going to look again in the morning for your email.

Good night 

Gypsy - nevermind, I made an error.  It wasn't important anyway, it was silly.  Don't change your email in your profile or it will lock you out. 
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2011, 01:22:01 AM »

Is Pinella within an hour from Orlando?

Yep that is St. Pete............hotels would not be $30.00 a night. LOL

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2011, 01:27:24 AM »

well, sounds like the tampa bay media might have figured out the jury location.  not surprised

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.