March 28, 2024, 04:10:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #4 8/09/11 -3/11/14  (Read 903312 times)
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2011, 05:05:00 PM »

This is the first time I've been back here in a long while since the CA case. I just couldn't come. So, I really hoped when I came back today I would see more progress on this HB case. So disheartening!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2011, 12:42:39 AM »

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980243016

Holly Bobo Fundraiser Planned for October
by Chelsea Hoffman
September 11, 2011 02:30 PM EDT

Holly Bobo has been missing for five months now, and investigators have run out of leads pertaining to the young woman's case. As the case remains unsolved, friends and family members of the missing nursing student are planning a fundraiser.

Sources say that friends and family of missing nursing student Holly Bobo will be hosting a benefit fundraiser in the girl's honor on October 1st. With the young woman's reward nearly at $100,000.00, it seems that the family is trying pretty hard to raise a large amount of money. They've been selling t-shirts and decals as well, and a recent biker rally held in Holly's honor gave all of its profits to the family. It surely seems that albeit disastrous, the disappearance of Holly Bobo has proven lucrative to a certain extent.

::snipping2::

--------------------

http://www.wkrn.com/story/15421664/friends-family-to-hold-fundraiser-for-holly-bobo

Friends, family to hold fundraiser for Holly Bobo
Posted: Sep 08, 2011 3:51 PM CDT

PARSONS, Tenn. – Friends and family members of a missing 20-year-old nursing student are holding a fundraiser for her search efforts.

The fundraiser, which will benefit continuing search efforts for Holly Bobo will be held in Memphis on October 1.

Last month, the Hard Rock Café in Nashville hosted a benefit which raised more than $2,500 for the Bobo family

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2011, 08:49:41 AM »

I was driving on the interstate from Birmingham to Montgomery last week and I saw a picture/poster type advertisement on the back of an 18 wheeler.  It was a photo of Holly and said Bring Holly Home - asking for information on her.

Curiously, her hair was "up" in the photo.  I was wondering why that particular photo of her was chosen?  I certainly recognized her and knew who she was, but with her beautiful blonde hair, I questioned why they selected one of her hair up?  to profile her face more?  IDK - I am sure there is a reason.
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2011, 03:43:19 AM »

Maybe the poster showed her hair up, in case it has been cut or changed. Mostly her face needs to be the focus, if she is alive and might somehow be out there someplace.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2011, 09:46:08 AM »

Maybe the poster showed her hair up, in case it has been cut or changed. Mostly her face needs to be the focus, if she is alive and might somehow be out there someplace.

That makes sense to me, bebecat.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2011, 10:15:37 PM »

http://tasteofcountry.com/whitney-duncan-survivor-south-pacific-music-holly-bobo/

Whitney Duncan Opens Up About ‘Survivor: South Pacific,’ New Music and Her Kidnapped Cousin Holly Bobo
By: Amanda Hensel  |  6 hours ago

Whitney Duncan will go from country singer to castaway when ‘Survivor: South Pacific’ kicks off tonight on CBS. The 27-year-old ‘Skinny Dippin” singer sat down with Country Music Is Love, where she dished about the show, her new EP, and — sadly — her cousin Holly Bobo, who is still missing after being kidnapped in April.

In April, Whitney Duncan’s cousin Holly Bobo was kidnapped from her front yard early one morning while she was preparing to leave for school, and she has not been seen since. Duncan says that she kept her 18-year-old cousin in her mind while she was shooting, even though she wasn’t as in the loop as she would have liked to be. “I definitely talk about her on the show. It was difficult being away from my family and not knowing what was going on during filming,” she says, adding that while leaving was tough, it was something she had to do. “It was most definitely one of the hardest decisions I’ve had to make. After much discussion with my family, I decided it was best that I do the show. I would regret not doing it.”

The season premiere of ‘Survivor: South Pacific’ airs at 8PM ET tonight, September 14, on CBS.

clarice
Scared Monkey

« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2011, 05:26:19 AM »

...."C. BOBO: And then I got in touch with my mom and found out that Holly was supposed to be in school that morning and realized that that must have been her at the house and then I looked back out and saw Holly and a male walking towards the woods and that`s the last time I saw her."...

...."and that's the last time I saw her..." IOW, that's all I am going to talk about.

I get the impression that Clint was viewing this from a different place than inside the house.

What does he mean by "..realized that that must have been her at the house"...this is a very strange way of speaking and leads me to believe his viewpoint was from outside the house rather than in the house.

You need to provide links back to the quotes, please.  MB
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 09:04:08 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2011, 08:50:39 PM »

...."C. BOBO: And then I got in touch with my mom and found out that Holly was supposed to be in school that morning and realized that that must have been her at the house and then I looked back out and saw Holly and a male walking towards the woods and that`s the last time I saw her."...

...."and that's the last time I saw her..." IOW, that's all I am going to talk about.

I get the impression that Clint was viewing this from a different place than inside the house.

What does he mean by "..realized that that must have been her at the house"...this is a very strange way of speaking and leads me to believe his viewpoint was from outside the house rather than in the house.

You need to provide links back to the quotes, please.  MB

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Aired August 4, 2011 - 19:00:00 ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/04/ijvm.01.html

Thank you for providing the link for Clarice, Janet.  Clarice, if you read this, please be sure to include a link back when you are quoting material.  MB
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 11:06:00 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2011, 08:53:20 PM »

<snipped>

C. BOBO: I was asleep in my bedroom and I was awoken by the sounds of our house dog barking.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And what did you see?

C. BOBO: I saw the silhouette of two people in our garage. At the time I had no idea who either one of the people were. And then come to realize later that that was my sister and her abductor.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wait, in the garage?

You were -- how do you -- when you`re asleep -- I`m just trying to get a picture. You`re asleep and then how do you see what`s going on in the garage? Ok, the dog barks, you wake up. Are you on the same level -- it`s all one floor.

C. BOBO: Right. Yes, we have a one story house?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And you walk into the garage?

C. BOBO: No, I saw them from inside the house and they were outside the house in the garage.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: They were in the garage or outside the garage?

C. BOBO: They were inside the garage.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok so as you watched, it was a man inside the garage with your sister and then what happens?

C. BOBO: And then I got in touch with my mom and found out that Holly was supposed to be in school that morning and realized that that must have been her at the house and then I looked back out and saw Holly and a male walking towards the woods and that`s the last time I saw her.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/04/ijvm.01.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2011, 12:52:37 AM »

http://www.wsmv.com/story/15488518/team-holly-bobo-gathers-for-race

Team Holly Bobo gathers for race
Posted: Sep 17, 2011 11:27 PM CDT
Updated: Sep 17, 2011 11:31 PM CDT
Posted by Kelsey Russell

TN (WSMV) - A group of Holly Bobo's friends and family are training for the Susan G. Koman Race for the Cure 5K.

A team organizer said Holly is a big reason they're running, but the purpose of the race won't be forgotten.

The race is in Brentwood on Oct. 29th

If you would like to join Team Holly Bobo, there's an informational meeting at Centennial Park Event Pavilion next Saturday, Sept. 24 at 10 a.m.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2011, 11:34:41 AM »

When Holly's brother says he "got in touch with my mother" it reminds me so much of the Anthony's ridiculous phrase "we reached out".  I do not think these are the words of honest people trying to describe a situation.  These are words designed to hide something.  JMO

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2011, 08:18:07 PM »

Update on Jason Everett Nickell.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/4732408/?sub_id=590540

Entered On:Friday September 16th, 2011 :: 04:57 p.m. CDT

Sex Offender Sentenced in 3 Stalking Cases, Police Were Contacted by a Total of 13 Women Who Were Reportedly Approached by Nickell
CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DIVISION
JACKSON POLICE DEPARTMENT
PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DATE: September 16, 2011
BY: Chief Gill Kendrick

Sex Offender Sentenced in Three Stalking Cases, Jackson Police Were Contacted by a Total of 13 Women Who Were Reportedly Approached by Jason Nickell

On Friday, there was a sentencing hearing in Madison County Circuit Court wherein Jason Everett Nickell, 39, of Holladay, was charged with three counts of stalking. After hearing testimony from two of the women and a Jackson Police Investigator, the judge sentenced him to three consecutive sentences of 11 months and 29 days in jail. He will be eligible for release after serving a minimum of 75 % of the sentence. This was the maximum sentence allowed. He will serve his sentence in the Madison County Jail and will receive credit for time served following his April 16 arrest.
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2011, 11:24:55 PM »

<snipped>

C. BOBO: I was asleep in my bedroom and I was awoken by the sounds of our house dog barking.

::snipping2:: & BBM.  I just figured out what has been bugging me about this statement.  He uses the term house dog.  Does that mean there were 'yard' dogs or 'field' dogs, if so where were they?  Using the term house dog seems odd to me, why not 'my' dog or 'our' dog or even i was awoken by the sounds of 'spot' or 'the' dog barking.  IMO, house dog is contrived and overly rehearsed to make it seem insignificant or an all out lie to cover what truly happened.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2011, 09:52:32 AM »

<snipped>

::snipping2:: & BBM.  I just figured out what has been bugging me about this statement.  He uses the term house dog.  Does that mean there were 'yard' dogs or 'field' dogs, if so where were they?  Using the term house dog seems odd to me, why not 'my' dog or 'our' dog or even i was awoken by the sounds of 'spot' or 'the' dog barking.  IMO, house dog is contrived and overly rehearsed to make it seem insignificant or an all out lie to cover what truly happened.

hi yuknomenot,FWIW
i grew up with folks that hunt,most of my relatives are from,w.va.,va.,tn.,nc.and their
term was hunting dog,sometimes yard dog was/is used if the dog is large and does not hunt
and lives outdoors because of its size,and a field dog is a bird dog,rabbit dog though you
dont hear the term field dog much anymore
most people keep their hunting dog/s in a fenced kennel with a dog house,and yard dog/s in
a dog house,though it can be the other way too,hunting dog no kennel and only a dog house
and from my experience if the outside dog barks,most dont pay attention to it unless it is
excessive barking,because they will bark at anything
if you look at mark 2:09 in this vid you can see a dog house to the left of the unattached
garage,and it looks like dog houses on the drive behind the unattached garage too,im thinking
no dogs live outdoors at the bobo,because you would seem them out looking at all the activity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d345Bokc98

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2011, 06:52:07 PM »

Thanks for the explanation cw!  And that was part of the point I was trying to make, why the need to specify house dog.  It smacks of the type of TMI that comes with lies and obfuscation.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2011, 07:05:04 PM »

Not sure what this means if anything but got these tweets today:

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

http://www.wsmv.com/
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2011, 10:57:10 PM »

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980367884

Holly Bobo Thoughts and Comments Wanted by Jackson Sun
September 22, 2011 07:45 AM EDT

Holly Bobo has been missing now for over five months and investigators have released little to no information to the media. Still, some media outlets are trying to keep the story of the girl's disappearance alive. The Jackson Sun has been covering the case since the 20-year-old missing nursing student was first reported missing, and now they're recruiting the public for more details to keep in the media; even if it is local and on a small scale.

It's hard to imagine that five months ago the disappearance of Holly Bobo seemed to be booming with information and statements from the TBI and news anchors. Now it is almost as if the young woman never existed, with very few sources even mentioning her. The Jackson Sun doesn't want it to be like this evidently, and this article details that they want comments about the young woman by the 28th of this month.

In particular they are wanting people to share their ideas about the investigation and details surrounding the missing Tennessee woman's disappearance. You see, since the beginning the story has been that a mysterious man in camouflage led the girl into the woods behind her home as her 25-year-old brother watched -- and didn't intervene. The story has changed a few times, but as far as the TBI is concerned, this is due to communicative issues.

--------------------------

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110920/NEWS01/110920015/The-Jackson-Sun-seeks-public-comment-Holly-Bobo-disappearance?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

The Jackson Sun seeks public comment on Holly Bobo disappearance
2:10 PM, Sep. 20, 2011

The Jackson Sun is preparing a package of stories that will look back on the
disappearance of nursing student Holly Bobo.

We are urging readers to share their thoughts and ideas concerning the
disappearance and the subsequent investigation by law enforcement officials.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2011, 11:08:42 PM »

Thank Grace.

Now where do I start?

Good Night

Janet
8:05 PM

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2011, 12:03:50 PM »

Thank Grace.

Now where do I start?

Good Night

Janet
8:05 PM

Janet  ^^^ "Now where do I start?"   

In case you make a decision to share your thoughts with them, here's the contact information. 

"Please e-mail any thoughts, ideas or information about the case to Reporter
Jordan Buie, at jbuie@jacksonsun.com. Please have your comments in by Sept. 28."

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110920/NEWS01/110920015/The-Jackson-Sun-seeks-public-comment-Holly-Bobo-disappearance?odyssey=tab
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2011, 02:18:39 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=237114039669936

Holly Bobo Birthday Benefit
Share · Public Event.Time Sunday, October 16 · 12:00pm - 6:00pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Location Decatur County Fairgrounds *Subject to change*
1925 Hwy 641 South
Parsons, TN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Created By *Holly Bobo Updates and Prayers*

More Info Join us for a benefit event in honor of Holly Bobo's birthday!
Enjoy Plate Lunches, Bake Sale, Raffle Tickets, Bracelets, Ribbons, T-shirts, Live Music, & more.
All proceeds benefit The Bobo family.

Volunteers & donations are still needed & greatly appreciated.
For information, please contact:

Ashlee at (409) 344-0105
Teresa at (423) 381-5953
Ashley at (901) 734-9380

or you may write on the event wall to volunteer or donate.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.