March 28, 2024, 10:38:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #4 8/09/11 -3/11/14  (Read 903355 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #220 on: October 11, 2011, 01:25:17 PM »

thank you for the updates janet

now that we know a few more details,i got to thinking some more about how could holly, and by whom be abducted from her home,and i think dad/dana supplied the answer.
thinking holly abductor knew her,but from where? her friend weece said she sees mostly fam,and BF,and the fam says the same thing,so maybe her abductor works along her route to school,she stops at least once a weekfor gas,maybe holly had a stalker at which ever gas station she stopped
at usually.
is there a local here that thinks any of the guys/gals are.........at the gas stations on holly route

pg 1
," Dana said. "

"A lot of mornings before I leave, I'll ask her if she needs any money to buy gas," Dana said. "It is about 5:30 I guess, when I usually leave to go to work, and I talked to her through the door. She said leave her  some money, and I left the money on the bar at 5:30 or 25 until 6, and that was the last I talked to her."
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20111009/NEWS25/110090330

home: 618 swan johnson rd darden tn
school:UT Martin Parsons Center
535 South Tennessee Avenue, Parsons, TN 38363
web pg of school
http://g.co/maps/5srzv

maps
home to school without gas stations
http://g.co/maps/6dvhg
route to school from home and gas stations on route
http://g.co/maps/fcp9k

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #221 on: October 11, 2011, 09:46:09 PM »

http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=36315

Faith, prayers sustain family of Holly Bobo
Posted on Oct 11, 2011 | by Lonnie Wilkey

DARDEN, Tenn. (BP) -- Nearly six months have passed since 20-year-old Holly Bobo was abducted from her home in rural Tennessee. A massive search effort involving hundreds of volunteers took place with no results.

There is still no word on her whereabouts or who took Bobo, a nursing student, but family and friends have not given up hope that she will return.

"We believe she is still alive. There is no evidence to the contrary," Don Franks, pastor of Corinth Baptist Church in Darden, Tenn., where Bobo's family are members.

"We are praying that we will be able to find her and bring her home to her family."

Faith and prayers have sustained the family during this traumatic time, Holly's mother Karen Bobo said.

"Every day I pray that this will be the day Holly returns. It hasn't happened yet. We are still waiting for that day," she said.

::snipping2::

The family has remained active in their search for Holly, primarily by posting flyers and passing out business cards with Holly's picture and phone numbers to call should anyone see her.

Holly's brother is in the process of placing flyers at gas stations and rest areas within a 100-mile radius of Decatur County, including Memphis and Nashville, Tenn., Murray, Ky., and Corinth, Miss. In addition, friends and family members have placed flyers throughout the South as they travel for vacation and business.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #222 on: October 11, 2011, 10:39:17 PM »

Something still troubles me about one of the characters mentioned. That person would be "B Barnett", "the infamous ex-boyfriend". For someone who was rumored to be so upset that Hollie broke up with him he has not once mentioned Holly on his facebook. In the first week he was criticized for some vulgar pictures and comments he had on his facebook (animal bestiality) among other things. Then there were the photos of him with Holly eating out and the crude comment below the photo that he wrote. His facebook is wide open, always has been. Almost like he is taunting LE. His comments continue to be crude and vulgar and again, never a peep regarding Holly or her family. I think he had every reason to want to hurt Holly. His families past is less than stellar as well....JMO but he bothers me.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: October 13, 2011, 12:49:02 AM »

http://tasteofcountry.com/holly-bobo-still-missing-21st-birthday/

Whitney Duncan’s Cousin Holly Bobo Still Missing on Her 21st Birthday
By: Amanda Hensel

It’s been six months since Holly Bobo, cousin of country singer and ‘Survivor’ star Whitney Duncan, was kidnapped from her Tennessee home as she was preparing to leave for nursing school on April 13. October 12 marks Bobo’s 21st birthday, and what would normally be a celebration has become deep pain for the family in light of her disappearance.

“Today is Holly’s 21st birthday…keep her in your prayers please,” Duncan, who appears on the fall season of ‘Survivor: South Pacific,’ tweeted early Wednesday. Bobo’s family has not given up hope that they may find the University of Tennessee Martin student alive, but at this point, all they can do is pray.

“Every day I pray that this will be the day Holly returns. It hasn’t happened yet. We are still waiting for that day,” Bobo’s mother, Karen Bobo, said. “We are holding on to the hope and have faith that she is still alive and that we will get her back. We just don’t know when.”

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: October 13, 2011, 12:51:47 PM »

Four-page article

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20111013/NEWS25/110130314

Holly Bobo's family questions early handling of investigation
12:03 AM, Oct. 13, 2011

When Holly Bobo disappeared on the morning of April 13, the first Decatur County sheriff's deputy arrived at her family's home shortly after 8 a.m., about 10 minutes after Holly's brother, Clint, said he saw Holly walk into the woods with a man dressed in camouflage.

Today marks six months since Holly's abduction, and investigators remain tight-lipped about the case. Her family still clings to hope she will be found, but they have raised questions about how authorities initially handled the investigation.

The Bobo family said they are concerned as to why an immediate, comprehensive search was not done of the woods where Holly, then 20, was taken and that they believe a large portion of people who came onto their property that morning were a hindrance to the investigation. Other neighbors and searchers say a lack of organization seemed to complicate the investigation. Law enforcement officials deny this, despite multiple people describing what one searcher called "a mess."

Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt said as soon as deputies arrived, they took a statement from Clint and began searching where Holly was last seen. No one caused a hindrance to the investigation, he said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #225 on: October 13, 2011, 01:06:44 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/months-pass-tenn-womans-abduction-14726374

6 Months Pass After Tenn. Woman's Abduction
By KRISTIN M. HALL Associated Press
NASHVILLE, Tenn. October 13, 2011 (AP)

While they have been checking out every lead, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Kristin Helm said their investigation has stayed focused on the area around her home.

"They are still concentrating on the geographical area of Parsons and Darden and the people there," Helm said.

No additional physical ground searches were planned, Helm said.

"The best clues that we have is everything that was found and the eyewitness account from the crime," Helm said. "That's the best information we have to work off of."

Still the frustration level for everyone is high as no arrests have been made and no suspects announced.

Bobo's mother Karen left her job as a teacher to devote her time to spreading the word about her daughter's abduction and searching. Her father, Dana, and older brother, Clint, have gone back to work part-time, but they spend their days off traveling throughout the region and even into other states to hand out fliers, Bromley said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: October 20, 2011, 09:28:10 PM »

http://www.decaturcountyonline.com/article.asp?art=1777

Soaring To New Heights for Holly
by Cris Melton
10/20/11

In a few short weeks, Mrs. Sullivan’s Pie Company, which makes and distributes snack size pecan pies, will begin packaging 250,000 twin pie packs with Holly’s picture on them to be sold in nearly 7,000 Fred’s and Dollar General stores through the region in the hope that someone will recognize her and help bring her home safely. Until then, citizens continue to wear tee shirts, put decals on their vehicles, and decorate mailboxes with pink ribbons in support of the Bobo family and pray that Holly will return home safe to her family soon.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #227 on: November 09, 2011, 10:23:05 PM »

Sheriff Asks Hunters For Help In Bobo Search
 By Meghan Pinkley
 By mpinkley@wbbjtv.com
Story Created: Nov 4, 2011 CST
Story Updated: Nov 4, 2011 at 7:15 PM CST
video @ link

Tennessee's first deer season since Holly Bobo went missing last April is upon us, and that has the Decatur County sheriff asking hunters for help.

With hunting season here, authorities know there are going to be a lot more people out there in the woods than usual, and they ask hunters to be on the look-out for anything unusual that could help in the investigation.
Local hunters said they are more than willing to take that extra glance when out. They said when you are in the woods scouting for deer, you notice things that are out of place. Many residents said they are always looking, not a day goes by when they are not thinking about Bobo.
With other missing person cases springing up; like recent Dyer County mother, Karen Swift, officials encourage all hunters in any area to always be aware of your surroundings
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/SheriffAsksHuntersForHelpInBoboSearch-133273618.html?skipthumb=Y

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #228 on: November 10, 2011, 09:37:45 AM »

Sheriff Asks Hunters For Help In Bobo Search
 By Meghan Pinkley
 By mpinkley@wbbjtv.com
Story Created: Nov 4, 2011 CST
Story Updated: Nov 4, 2011 at 7:15 PM CST
video @ link

Tennessee's first deer season since Holly Bobo went missing last April is upon us, and that has the Decatur County sheriff asking hunters for help.

With hunting season here, authorities know there are going to be a lot more people out there in the woods than usual, and they ask hunters to be on the look-out for anything unusual that could help in the investigation.
Local hunters said they are more than willing to take that extra glance when out. They said when you are in the woods scouting for deer, you notice things that are out of place. Many residents said they are always looking, not a day goes by when they are not thinking about Bobo.
With other missing person cases springing up; like recent Dyer County mother, Karen Swift, officials encourage all hunters in any area to always be aware of your surroundings
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/SheriffAsksHuntersForHelpInBoboSearch-133273618.html?skipthumb=Y
Thanks for this update.
It is true . . . hunters look for things out of place.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #229 on: November 21, 2011, 08:21:08 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/BHBHS?sk=wall

Bring Holly Bobo home safe
For those of you who have been asking, here is the article of Holly in the November issue of Seventeen Magazine. The magazine did a section on missing girls and included tips on safety.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #230 on: November 21, 2011, 08:27:20 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/BHBHS?sk=wall

Bring Holly Bobo home safe
Taken today in Lexington, TN on hwy 412 going West.
Like ·  · Share · October 16

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
clarice
Scared Monkey

« Reply #231 on: November 21, 2011, 10:15:20 AM »

After reading the article again, I see CB says the male was wearing turkey camo. I know nothing about the lifestyle there but have been informed that they wear camo often down there...I didn't know there were different types of camos for different occasions. If Clint said Turkey Camo, doesn' that narrow the playing field down...LIKE ALOT? Clint is not going to be confused, I don't want to hear it. He is a turkey hunter himself. He knows about the camo worn. I researched it and it is distinguished from the military type camo I was familiar with. It looks very different from military camo.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #232 on: November 21, 2011, 10:51:44 AM »

After reading the article again, I see CB says the male was wearing turkey camo. I know nothing about the lifestyle there but have been informed that they wear camo often down there...I didn't know there were different types of camos for different occasions. If Clint said Turkey Camo, doesn' that narrow the playing field down...LIKE ALOT? Clint is not going to be confused, I don't want to hear it. He is a turkey hunter himself. He knows about the camo worn. I researched it and it is distinguished from the military type camo I was familiar with. It looks very different from military camo.
Yes, Clarice, there is alot of different types of camo that hunters and the military use.  I know deer hunters typically use one kind for the fall and another for the winter (leaves and no leaves, etc.).

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #233 on: November 21, 2011, 08:58:50 PM »

Yes, Clarice, there is alot of different types of camo that hunters and the military use.  I know deer hunters typically use one kind for the fall and another for the winter (leaves and no leaves, etc.).

This is new for me, never seen this before.  I only hunt for the truth....one doesn't need a disguise for that.   

http://txfowlers.com/Breakup_Jacket_pant_Whitewater_Outdoors.asp?Format=   

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #234 on: November 26, 2011, 12:14:36 PM »

IDK much about hunting gear,this scent lok,is interesting,wonder if its in the
boots too,wonder if a dog could follow,if your in a scent lok outfit suit

Cabela's Leafy-wear™ Pro II System with Scent-Lok®
Stealthy, outline-blending Leafy-wear fabric
Scent-adsorbing Scent-Lok lining
Chill-blocking Camo-Tex layer
Knee-high zippers on pants
No flat fabric – regardless of pattern – presents the same depth, shadows and realism as Leafy-wear Pro. Silent Leaf construction gives true-to-life depth and definition to shatter the human form for all-terrain invisibility. Best of all, we’ve made our stealthy, outline-blending Leafy-wear series even better!
 The scent-adsorbing Scent-Lok lining is backed with a layer of chill-blocking Camo-Tex™. Zipper-front jacket features a full hood and two zippered slash pockets, and includes a pocket-sized facemask for complete concealment. Knee-high leg zippers for easy on and off. Jacket and pants have elastic cuffs and waist. Full, wear-over-anything cut. Imported.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home/Miscellaneous-Camo-Clothing/Scent-Control-Clothing-Sale%7C/pc/105625080/c/105823980/sc/105828480/Cabelas-Leafy-wear8482-Pro-II-System-with-Scent-Lok174/750370.uts?destination=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D105828480%26WTz_l%3DPPC%253Bcat104748480

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #235 on: November 29, 2011, 07:53:04 AM »

IDK much about hunting gear,this scent lok,is interesting,wonder if its in the
boots too,wonder if a dog could follow,if your in a scent lok outfit suit

Cabela's Leafy-wear™ Pro II System with Scent-Lok®
Stealthy, outline-blending Leafy-wear fabric
Scent-adsorbing Scent-Lok lining
Chill-blocking Camo-Tex layer
Knee-high zippers on pants
No flat fabric – regardless of pattern – presents the same depth, shadows and realism as Leafy-wear Pro. Silent Leaf construction gives true-to-life depth and definition to shatter the human form for all-terrain invisibility. Best of all, we’ve made our stealthy, outline-blending Leafy-wear series even better!
 The scent-adsorbing Scent-Lok lining is backed with a layer of chill-blocking Camo-Tex™. Zipper-front jacket features a full hood and two zippered slash pockets, and includes a pocket-sized facemask for complete concealment. Knee-high leg zippers for easy on and off. Jacket and pants have elastic cuffs and waist. Full, wear-over-anything cut. Imported.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home/Miscellaneous-Camo-Clothing/Scent-Control-Clothing-Sale%7C/pc/105625080/c/105823980/sc/105828480/Cabelas-Leafy-wear8482-Pro-II-System-with-Scent-Lok174/750370.uts?destination=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D105828480%26WTz_l%3DPPC%253Bcat104748480
Yes, most hunters wash their stuff in unscented soap, shower with unscented soap, etc.  I just think the dogs smell not just the scent of the clothes, but the sweat, etc. produced by humans.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #236 on: December 13, 2011, 01:32:06 PM »

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/16312654/paragliders-offer-services-in-holly-bobo-search

Paragliders Offer Services In Holly Bobo Search
Posted: Dec 13, 2011 8:03 AM CST
Updated: Dec 13, 2011 8:05 AM CST

DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn. - It's been more than six months since Holly Bobo disappeared. Now, a stranger to the family is stepping in to help.

Dave Dubin contacted Bobo's mother to offer his service. He and other paragliders searched ground that investigators have not been to. Dubin said Bobo's mother is concerned that more needs to be done in the search for her daughter.

"Mrs. Bobo says she has some charts to look at when we get up there today. She mentioned that the TBI had some areas that they want us to look at as well," said Dubin.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: December 29, 2011, 10:59:06 PM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20111229/NEWS25/112290308

Names of missing to be read at Bobo's church
10:09 PM, Dec. 28, 2011

The church Holly Bobo's family attends in Decatur County will have a special New Year's Eve night watch service this year in honor of the missing nursing student.

In years past, members of the church have met and read nonstop through the Bible, according to a news release. This year, the church will usher the old year out and the new year in by reading through the list of names from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #238 on: December 30, 2011, 10:37:52 AM »

The church Holly Bobo's family attends in Decatur County will have a special New Year's Eve night watch service this year in honor of the missing nursing student.

In years past, members of the church have met and read nonstop through the Bible, according to a news release. This year, the church will usher the old year out and the new year in by reading through the list of names from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

What a thoughtful and meaningful thing to do.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: January 01, 2012, 11:05:26 PM »

What a thoughtful and meaningful thing to do.

an angelic monkey
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.