March 28, 2024, 07:09:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #4 8/09/11 -3/11/14  (Read 903418 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #240 on: January 06, 2012, 09:36:43 PM »

A friend shared this link with me.   

http://www.wsmv.com/story/16464858/i-team-new-details-in-search-for-holly-bobo-case?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Search warrant issued after accusation of hindering Bobo case

Posted: Jan 06, 2012 3:57 PM CST
Updated: Jan 06, 2012 6:45 PM CST
Reported by Jeremy Finley - email

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -
An Ohio man is being investigated by both the TBI and the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigations for obstructing the investigation into Holly Bobo, the Channel 4 I-Team has learned.

On Wednesday, investigators with the TBI and the BCI served a search warrant at the East Liverpool home of Tony Calabrese.

Investigators seized his computer and other belongings, and Calabrese said he and his roommate were questioned for hours.

The TBI tells the Channel four I-Team Calabrese has been obstructing their investigation by soliciting leads and stating that his tactical search and rescue team is finding clues on the case.

A TBI spokeswoman said Calabrese is not a suspect in Holly's disappearance, but has been obstructing their investigation by soliciting leads and portraying that his search and rescue team is actively investigating on their own.

The Channel 4 I-Team spoke with others who said that Calabrese mislead them into believing he was with law enforcement.

::snipping2::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: January 07, 2012, 04:36:08 PM »

VinniePolitan Vinnie Politan
The Holly Bobo related warrant was for the search of a home in Ohio connected to a man named Tony Calabrese... NO ARRESTS!
2 hours ago
Vinnie Politan
VinniePolitan Vinnie Politan
A search warrant executed in Ohio in the case of missing Tennessee student Holly Bobo who was abducted from her home...
6 hours ago http://twitter.com/#!/vinniepolitan

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #242 on: January 20, 2012, 09:41:05 PM »

Saw this article about remains being found of a small female. It is probably not related but it is only 4 or so hours from Parsons to where this body was found in the Knoxville, TN area:

Updated: 6:24 PM Jan 20, 2012

Sheriff: Remains of small female found in Loudon Co. shed
Authorities are treating the death of a small female whose remains were found in a Loudon Co. shed as a homicide, according to Loudon Co. Sheriff Tim Guider.

Posted: 11:07 PM Jan 19, 2012

LENOIR CITY, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Authorities are treating the death of a small female whose remains were found in a Loudon Co. shed as a homicide, according to Loudon Co. Sheriff Tim Guider.

The remains were found wrapped in a decomposing comforter by two men who said they were looking for scrap metal, District Attorney General Russell Johnson explained. The pair came across a fallen shed in a wooded area near Eblen Road around 6:30 p.m. When one of them picked up the comforter to see what was wrapped in it, a skull rolled out and a sun bleached bone stuck out of the wrapping.
Click here to find out more!

Investigators returned on Friday and, with the help of the UT Regional Forensics Center and a forensic anthropologist, Dr. Murray Marks, identified the skull and the remains as those of a female. They have not given an age or race yet. Marks estimated the body had been there for several years, but said he would need to examine the remains further to determine exactly how long. The body was taken to UT Forensics Lab.

The TBI and the 9th District Attorney General's Office have joined in the investigation. Also, since the remains were found near the Roane Co border, Sheriff Jack Stockton was called in to observe. Stockton said he has at least two missing female cases from several years ago that his department has been working as cold cases.

The property is owned by Howard Eblen, who is currently at an assisted care facility in Knoxville.
http://www.volunteertv.com/news/headlines/Human_remains_found_in_Loudon_County_137731753.html

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #243 on: January 21, 2012, 09:03:43 AM »

Saw this article about remains being found of a small female. It is probably not related but it is only 4 or so hours from Parsons to where this body was found in the Knoxville, TN area:

Updated: 6:24 PM Jan 20, 2012

Sheriff: Remains of small female found in Loudon Co. shed
Authorities are treating the death of a small female whose remains were found in a Loudon Co. shed as a homicide, according to Loudon Co. Sheriff Tim Guider.

Posted: 11:07 PM Jan 19, 2012

LENOIR CITY, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Authorities are treating the death of a small female whose remains were found in a Loudon Co. shed as a homicide, according to Loudon Co. Sheriff Tim Guider.

The remains were found wrapped in a decomposing comforter by two men who said they were looking for scrap metal, District Attorney General Russell Johnson explained. The pair came across a fallen shed in a wooded area near Eblen Road around 6:30 p.m. When one of them picked up the comforter to see what was wrapped in it, a skull rolled out and a sun bleached bone stuck out of the wrapping.
Click here to find out more!

Investigators returned on Friday and, with the help of the UT Regional Forensics Center and a forensic anthropologist, Dr. Murray Marks, identified the skull and the remains as those of a female. They have not given an age or race yet. Marks estimated the body had been there for several years, but said he would need to examine the remains further to determine exactly how long. The body was taken to UT Forensics Lab.

The TBI and the 9th District Attorney General's Office have joined in the investigation. Also, since the remains were found near the Roane Co border, Sheriff Jack Stockton was called in to observe. Stockton said he has at least two missing female cases from several years ago that his department has been working as cold cases.

The property is owned by Howard Eblen, who is currently at an assisted care facility in Knoxville.
http://www.volunteertv.com/news/headlines/Human_remains_found_in_Loudon_County_137731753.html
Hopefully the body will be quickly identified and some family can bring their loved one home.

clarice
Scared Monkey

« Reply #244 on: January 22, 2012, 06:04:58 PM »

When looking at the Bobo house and the carport (called a garage by Clint), there is no way to see anything in the carport unless observing through a kitchen window, if there is one directly in front of garage. If you did this the person/people in the carport would also see you.

My instincts tell me he was observing from a different vantage point. His words lead me to believe he was outside the house, not inside as he says.

If Holly was kneeling down and he could see her, he wasn't looking out the kitchen window if it is normal height (as if over a sink) because he would not see them kneeling unless they were almost out of the carport cover. If so, then he would know who the people were. He says "Silhouettes". What time was he really talking about? That term is light driven. That would put Holly and perp inside with a light on and the viewer outside of the area with a screen/shade between them.

It almost seems as if Clint was driving towards the house when this crime was occuring. I notice he uses the word house instead of "home".

..."My sister wasn't supposed to be at the house" seems like distancing, viewing from outside.  If he had said, "My sister wasn't supposed to be home" sounds like they were both together in a home situation...and close, nearby each other.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: January 22, 2012, 07:48:23 PM »

When looking at the Bobo house and the carport (called a garage by Clint), there is no way to see anything in the carport unless observing through a kitchen window, if there is one directly in front of garage. If you did this the person/people in the carport would also see you.

My instincts tell me he was observing from a different vantage point. His words lead me to believe he was outside the house, not inside as he says.

If Holly was kneeling down and he could see her, he wasn't looking out the kitchen window if it is normal height (as if over a sink) because he would not see them kneeling unless they were almost out of the carport cover. If so, then he would know who the people were. He says "Silhouettes". What time was he really talking about? That term is light driven. That would put Holly and perp inside with a light on and the viewer outside of the area with a screen/shade between them.

It almost seems as if Clint was driving towards the house when this crime was occuring. I notice he uses the word house instead of "home".

..."My sister wasn't supposed to be at the house" seems like distancing, viewing from outside.  If he had said, "My sister wasn't supposed to be home" sounds like they were both together in a home situation...and close, nearby each other.

BBM
Your post is very interesting and does raise some questions.  I just wanted to say though that the  use of the word "house" instead of "home" is something very common around here.  For example "Come on over Friday, we'll be out at the house all day".   If I called my son on his cell and asked him where he was, he could very well say "I'm at the house", instead of saying he's home.  Maybe it's a Texas thing or even a southern thing.  JMHO 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
clarice
Scared Monkey

« Reply #246 on: January 22, 2012, 09:07:57 PM »

Thanks for sharing about the word house vs. home. I was thinking that they both together would call it a home instead of a house but if they were not in the home together they would call it "The house". IDK, anymore. This case is the most peculiar case I've researched. There is something "Off" in the telling of the events.

My gut instinct tells me Clint was not recalling this crime from inside the home. I do not know 'Southern Talk" but somehow I think most of us can tell about events without many being confused.

Why aren't these people screaming for the release of Holly? The parents, brother, boyfriend and friends are noticeably absent. Frankly, I need to stay away from these cases in the rural South. I don't understand the culture...and I tend to think the "Good Ole Boys" network is alive and thriving.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #247 on: January 24, 2012, 06:58:24 AM »

an update on cartfly post
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9825.msg1504630#msg1504630

this prob should go somewhere else,but i dont know where,and 2 unrelated crimes 800ft apart
the hinky meter goes hmmmm
-----------
Remains found Friday not connected to missing women in Roane Co.
vid at link
The remains of a small woman found in Loudon Co. on Friday are not connected to the two missing persons cases in Roane Co., the Sheriff's Office said on Monday.
According to one neighbor, this isn't the first time a body was discovered near there.
"I thought it was pretty horrible when I first heard it," recalled Robert Slaten. "Because we had a body found here 8 years ago, and it was withing 800 feet of this area. So it made me feel uneasy."
Sheriff Guider pointed out that that case was solved in 2004 and they don't believe the two cases are related
http://www.volunteertv.com/news/headlines/Remains_found_Friday_not_connected_to_missing_women__in_Roane_Co_137916803.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #248 on: February 01, 2012, 03:21:37 PM »

Related? (video at link)

TBI: Sex Offender Stalking West TN Women
By Emily Cassulo
By ecassulo@wbbjtv.com

Story Created: Jan 31, 2012 CST

Story Updated: Jan 31, 2012 at 7:54 PM CST
A Decatur County man officers said is a violent sex offender is off the streets Tuesday after being indicted by a Madison County grand jury.

The convicted sex offender has a record that dates back more than three decades and spans at least two states.

Terry Britt, 53, now faces new charges in Madison County, and investigators fear there could be even more victims.

Investigators said Britt has been on the Tennessee Sex Offender Registry since the 1970s.

Terry Britt's neighbors said they always knew he was a sex offender, but never knew just how violent his offenses are.
He's been alleged that he would go out and pick up girls and ladies and then take them somewhere," said John Mehr, Special Agent in Charge, TBI.

Agent Mehr said Britt is accused of picking up the women in vans, similar to the ones found outside his house in Parsons, and officers said he did not always work alone.

"We don't feel that this is an isolated incident, that he would drive around with another individual and possibly seek out their victims," Mehr said.

Investigators said Britt has a violent criminal record in at least four Tennessee counties, and even in North Carolina.

In Decatur County, he most recently was charged with violating the sex offender statute, and driving on a revoked license.

Investigators do believe there could be other victims. If you have information about any suspected criminal activity by Terry Britt, call the TBI hotline at 1-800-TBI-FIND.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/TBI-Sex-Offender-Stalking-West-TN-Women-138444709.html

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #249 on: February 01, 2012, 03:23:59 PM »

Another article that mentions Holly's name:

Sex Offender Arrest Could Have Ties to Holly Bobo Case

Britt lives in Parsons, Tennessee, the same town as Holly Bobo. Right after Bobo disappeared, people on online message boards started blaming Britt.

Investigators have not confirmed if he's a suspect in Bobo's disappearance, but they do believe there are more victims.

Britt is currently being held at the Madison County Jail.
http://www.abc24.com/news/local/story/Sex-Offender-Arrest-Could-Have-Ties-to-Holly-Bobo/857TXj-YEECK-7-ddxU3Eg.cspx?rss=375

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #250 on: February 01, 2012, 03:30:32 PM »

Also wanted to mention that this guys name came up in a post Jerseygirl had posted in the beginning #1 thread:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9775.420

I found it strange no mention of checking out any sex offenders in the area.. I checked some of them out by height and weight..

Christopher Larry Ward-  5 ft 11- 175 lbs- not far from campus

Johnathon Paul Hasher- 5 ft 10-175lbs

Eric Joseph Christensen- 5ft 11 -190lbs

Terry Britt-5 ft 11-200lbs

Let No Stone Be Unturned

http://www.homefacts.com/offenders/Tennessee/Decatur-County/Parsons.html

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #251 on: February 01, 2012, 03:44:15 PM »

Some interesting comments at Topix (on the last few pages) regarding Terry Britt. It looks like his name came up in the beginning over there as well>

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/parsons-tn/TT4DGDTQ5K4I76JRM/p3550

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: February 01, 2012, 03:51:48 PM »

Thank you for the articles on Terry Britt, cartfly.  It will be very interesting to see if he had anything to do with Holly's disappearance. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #253 on: February 01, 2012, 04:40:26 PM »

Thank you for the articles on Terry Britt, cartfly.  It will be very interesting to see if he had anything to do with Holly's disappearance. 
YW Muffy! I hope this is the break in the case. He sure would fit the bill, and lives "very" close to Holly. In fact a family member "Dalton Dyer" is listed on Holly's personal FB.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1494882246
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=669824539

Also, this obituary was posted on topix/post #|
#72709 by Anon :

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/parsons-tn/TT4DGDTQ5K4I76JRM/p3550

ALICE IMOGENE “JEAN” BRITT - Services for Mrs. Alice Imogene Britt were Monday at Maizes Chapel Baptist Church with the Rev. Connie V. Burton officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery with Reed’s Chapel in charge. Mrs. Britt, who was 50, died Sunday morning at Lexington Methodist Hospital after a long illness. She leaves a daughter, Sherry Darlene Dyer of Lexington; a son, Terry Lee Britt of Lexington; a sister, Lou Churchwell of Lexington; a brother, Bill Overman of Belleville, Mich. And a grandson.
The Lexington Progress, November 21, 1990

OT- Has TamikosMom been around lately? I miss her post and hope she is well.  an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: February 01, 2012, 04:46:51 PM »

Thank you for the additional tidbits cartfly. 

OT - Yes,  our Janet aka Tamikosmom has posted over in Natalee's thread today.  ::boxingjoran::

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #255 on: February 01, 2012, 05:35:32 PM »

Thank you for the additional tidbits cartfly. 

OT - Yes,  our Janet aka Tamikosmom has posted over in Natalee's thread today.  ::boxingjoran::
Thanks Muffy for the update on Janet  an angelic monkey

The following is just for information about this Britt guy. I don't mean to muddy the waters but it could be important if LE is onto something:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=618+swan+johnson+rd+darden+tn&daddr=3138+JEANETTE+HOLLADAY+RD,+PARSONS+TN+38363&hl=en&ll=35.723381,-88.139877&spn=0.146609,0.226936&sll=35.765144,-88.140607&sspn=0.009158,0.014184&geocode=FWZeIAIdx4e--ikVj9yTgGJ8iDFAV3U9I4n9iA%3BFZDIIQIdazu_-imt18WUqod8iDGl6PnHSQNdjw&mra=ls&t=m&z=12
Driving directions to 3138 Jeanette Holladay Rd, Parsons, TN 38363   3D

Swan Johnson Rd
Parsons, TN 38363

TO
3138 Jeanette Holladay Rd (Terry Britt's address)
Parsons, TN 38363

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #256 on: February 01, 2012, 06:02:56 PM »

Reward increased to $250,000 in Holly Bobo case
Posted: Feb 01, 2012 3:45 PM CST Updated: Feb 01, 2012 3:45 PM CST

PARSONS, Tenn. (AP) - A spokesman for the family of a missing Decatur County nursing school student says the reward for her safe return has been increased to $250,000.

Kevin Bromley said Wednesday the reward has grown from the previous amount of $85,000 in the disappearance of Holly Bobo. He said the source for the added funds will remain private.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/16653978/reward-increased-to-250000-in-holly-bobo-case?clienttype=printable

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #257 on: February 01, 2012, 06:41:10 PM »

Terry Britt:

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/sorint/sor_Details.aspx?htid=00084820

Edit to remove url tags.  MB
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 06:50:23 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #258 on: February 06, 2012, 11:18:05 AM »

Reward increased to $250,000 in Holly Bobo case
Posted: Feb 01, 2012 3:45 PM CST Updated: Feb 01, 2012 3:45 PM CST

PARSONS, Tenn. (AP) - A spokesman for the family of a missing Decatur County nursing school student says the reward for her safe return has been increased to $250,000.

Kevin Bromley said Wednesday the reward has grown from the previous amount of $85,000 in the disappearance of Holly Bobo. He said the source for the added funds will remain private.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/16653978/reward-increased-to-250000-in-holly-bobo-case?clienttype=printable

That's an enormous amount of money . . . enough I pray to shake the bushes!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: February 06, 2012, 11:48:34 AM »

Another article that mentions Holly's name:

Sex Offender Arrest Could Have Ties to Holly Bobo Case

Britt lives in Parsons, Tennessee, the same town as Holly Bobo. Right after Bobo disappeared, people on online message boards started blaming Britt.

Investigators have not confirmed if he's a suspect in Bobo's disappearance, but they do believe there are more victims.

Britt is currently being held at the Madison County Jail.
http://www.abc24.com/news/local/story/Sex-Offender-Arrest-Could-Have-Ties-to-Holly-Bobo/857TXj-YEECK-7-ddxU3Eg.cspx?rss=375

Thanks Cartfly.

When the photo in the article is considered ... if Terry Britt is involved in Holly Bobo's disappearance ... Clint Bobo has some explaining to do.

Janet

++++

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Aired August 4, 2011 - 19:00:00 ET

VELEZ-MITCHELL: When you saw them kneeling down did you think to ask them or approach them? How far away were you?

C. BOBO: No, I assumed -- I was inside the house and I assumed that that was Holly and her boyfriend Drew and he was dressed in full camouflage so I thought that Drew had been to the woods and killed a turkey and brought it back to the house and the two were sitting there over the turkey talking. After I saw the blood, I thought that was blood of a turkey that Drew had killed.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/04/ijvm.01.html

Holly Bobo ‘In Fear of Her Life’
April 16, 2011

<snipped>

Bobo’s 25-year-old brother Clint watched from inside the home, but did not believe she was being abducted until later. He saw the stranger from behind and believed it was his sister’s boyfriend.

<snipped>

http://www.asapnewsnetwork.com/holly-bobo-in-fear-of-her-life/

Photo Gallery - Drew Scott and Holly Bobo

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10007417-18.html?tag=page;next

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.