March 28, 2024, 02:14:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #4 8/09/11 -3/11/14  (Read 903376 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #400 on: April 18, 2013, 07:20:58 PM »

I've seen conflicting reports in the media concerning a purse found.  Some reports & headlines indicate it was Holly Bobo's purse found a mile from her home, leading us to believe it is in fact Holly's purse.  However, I saw an article later on and which grace-land has posted just above this one, that Holly's mom hasn't even seen the purse yet and it doesn't seem to be verified it's Holly's purse.  Why, why, why must media do this?  Anyone else notice sometimes media is so desperate for headlines and to be the first to get a story out, they fail to verify the information or write teasers or even false information?  I've noticed it more and more, including the Trayvon Martin case, the Boston Marathon explosions and Holly's case.  There are so many more.  I wish they would just stop it.  JMHO

it is in fact her purse:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20130418/NEWS01/130418007/TBI-We-believe-Holly-Bobo-s-purse-found-Decatur-County

They probably will not let her see it because she will want to hold it/touch it/hold the items that were found inside the purse and that could cross contaminate any DNA evidence.

Plus, It's more that likely at a lab being tested for DNA evidence.

Thank you iluvmua.  I had read articles that said it was her purse, and then I saw grace-land's last post.  I read that it had been sent off to the lab, and hopefully we will have some answers.  Sometimes journalism can be annoying... 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #401 on: April 18, 2013, 07:58:18 PM »

http://www.wsmv.com/story/22014089/holly-bobos-purse-found-by-dog

Discovery of Holly Bobo purse launches large-scale search
Updated: Apr 18, 2013 12:58 PM PDT
Reported by Dennis Ferrier -

Video

http://www.wsmv.com/story/22014089/holly-bobos-purse-found-by-dog?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=8788129

::snipping2::

Investigators said the dog brought the purse to the back door of a home near the intersection of Myracle Town and Box roads. This area is about a mile from Bobo's home.

The purse has been taken to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

Local authorities are searching the area today to try to find where the dog may have discovered the purse.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: April 18, 2013, 08:29:11 PM »

The media screws up all the time! They said yesterday that there was an arrest in the Boston bombing which turned out to not be true.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #403 on: April 18, 2013, 09:01:17 PM »

Renewed search under way for Holly Bobo after missing Tennessee student's purse found

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/18/renewed-search-under-way-for-holly-bobo-after-missing-tennessee-student-purse/?test=latestnews

A new search is under way for missing nursing student Holly Bobo after a dog found what appears to be the woman's purse not far from her rural Tennessee home, a law enforcement official told FoxNews.com.

Bobo, a nursing student at the University of Tennessee at Martin, was last seen two years ago by her 25-year-old brother, Clint, who reported seeing her being taken into the woods by an unidentified man dressed in camouflage.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Kristin Helm said authorities are working to determine where, exactly, the purse was found because a neighborhood dog brought the bag back to its owner's home.

The bag found Wednesday in Decatur County "appears to be Holly's purse," said Helm. Authorities are now scouring an area near the woman's home, where volunteers had previously searched, she said.

If this is accurate information, this is huge as that would mean that she is very close by. A neighborhood dog, I mean just how far could the dog have gone into the woods?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: April 18, 2013, 09:34:53 PM »

Area being searched today:

https://twitter.com/willnunley
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #405 on: April 18, 2013, 09:53:44 PM »

Hoping this leads to answers.  It's been too long! 

This picture is small but it shows a little bit of the pink purse that Holly was believed to be carrying when she was taken.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20130418/NEWS01/130418007?odyssey=mod%7Cmostcom

Submitted photo of Holly Bobo. According to a private investigator who is working with her family, the pink purse she was believed to be carrying when she was abducted is shown at the bottom of this photo. / Submitted photo

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #406 on: April 18, 2013, 11:07:41 PM »

Holly Bobo's purse found one mile from her home
Posted: Apr 18, 2013 1:42 PM EDT Updated: Apr 18, 2013 7:32 PM EDT

By Janice Broach - bio | email

Darden, TN -
(WMC-TV) - A purse belonging to missing nursing student, Holly Bobo, has been dug up by a dog near Darden, Tennessee.
A spokesperson for the Bobo family tells Action News 5 Investigator Janice Broach the purse was discovered Wednesday around 3:30 p.m. about one mile behind the Bobo home.
A neighborhood dog found the purse and carried it back to its owner. Bobo's mother says the purse is turned inside out.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation agents and other investigators spent the day searching a heavily wooded area near the Bobo home. It is not clear whether the investigators have found anything

video and more imgs at link
more
http://www.nbc12.com/story/22015271/holly-bobos-backpack-found-one-mile-from-her-home

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #407 on: April 18, 2013, 11:17:08 PM »

at 1 mile that puts the purse in henderson county, IIRC, searches were done
all through natchez trace state park and some areas to the east of park at and
near the river,and through the woods next to the Bobo driveway

A. Bobo home
681 Swan Johnson Rd Darden TN

B. is 1 mile west behind 681 Swan Johnson Rd
if you switch to hybrid tab,you can see some driveways,homes
 35.67898  -88.19434
http://tinyurl.com/cjt3pl2

by road to the 1 mile area behind Bobo home
http://goo.gl/maps/DaJml

NTS park river east
http://goo.gl/maps/jqd6H

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Idgie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #408 on: April 19, 2013, 10:28:10 AM »

I've seen conflicting reports in the media concerning a purse found.  Some reports & headlines indicate it was Holly Bobo's purse found a mile from her home, leading us to believe it is in fact Holly's purse.  However, I saw an article later on and which grace-land has posted just above this one, that Holly's mom hasn't even seen the purse yet and it doesn't seem to be verified it's Holly's purse.  Why, why, why must media do this?  Anyone else notice sometimes media is so desperate for headlines and to be the first to get a story out, they fail to verify the information or write teasers or even false information?  I've noticed it more and more, including the Trayvon Martin case, the Boston Marathon explosions and Holly's case.  There are so many more.  I wish they would just stop it.  JMHO

it is in fact her purse:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20130418/NEWS01/130418007/TBI-We-believe-Holly-Bobo-s-purse-found-Decatur-County

They probably will not let her see it because she will want to hold it/touch it/hold the items that were found inside the purse and that could cross contaminate any DNA evidence.

Plus, It's more that likely at a lab being tested for DNA evidence.

OMG we are in this area about 6 months out of the year and would love for hOlly to be found.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: April 19, 2013, 01:57:40 PM »

Video at link

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/22015557/new-search-launched-after-dog-finds-holly-bobos-purse

Search Suspended For Holly Bobo After Purse Found
Posted: Apr 18, 2013 1:05 PM CDT Updated: Apr 19, 2013 11:19 AM CDT

PARSONS, Tenn. - Investigators have suspended the search for a West Tennessee nursing student who has been missing for two years.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation on Thursday had renewed the search for Holly Bobo after a dog from the neighborhood found Bobo's purse and took it to a nearby home.

That discovery spurred law enforcement officials to bring in search dogs to work an area roughly a mile from Bobo's home outside Parsons, about 125 miles northeast of Memphis.

TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm said nothing was found during the Thursday search and there are no further searches planned.

Investigators said it's difficult to put the pieces together because they don't know specifically where the dog found the purse.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: April 19, 2013, 02:29:03 PM »

So...TBI has suspended further searches, but the search will continue this weekend with other LE? 

http://www.parispi.net/articles/2013/04/19/news/local_news/doc517170d8b33e8892796918.txt

PARIS TN: Paris, Henry County TN officers to help in Bobo hunt
Published: Friday, April 19, 2013 12:09 PM CDT

Henry County officers have been asked to take part in a large-scale search for Holly Bobo in Decatur County this weekend, after the missing woman’s purse was found Wednesday.

Sheriff Monte Belew confirmed this morning the Henry County Sheriff’s Department would be sending a mix of reserve and full-time officers to search a large, wooded area in Decatur County.

“The authorities down there have contacted us and asked us to send down some officers to search in the area where the purse was found, so we are sending some reserve deputies out, and some full-time deputies as well,” Belew said.

He didn’t know yet what the search area would be — only that it was expected to cover a large area.

“I know there’s going to be multiple agencies involved in this,” he said, noting Calloway County could be sending officers.

At present, officers will only be involved Saturday.

“We could be requested to come back Sunday, but as far as we know it’s a one-day huge ground search.”
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: April 19, 2013, 03:04:56 PM »

Guess this article confirms that a weekend search will be conducted.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Holly-Bobos-Mother-Said-She-Has-Not-Seen-Purse-203801711.html

Holly Bobo's Mother Said She Has Not Seen Purse
Story Created: Apr 19, 2013 at 12:45 PM CDT 
(Story Updated: Apr 19, 2013 at 12:51 PM CDT  )

DARDEN, Tenn. - Holly Bobo's mother has confirmed that she has not seen in-person the purse found by dogs that launched a new search, Thursday.

Karen Bobo told WBBJ 7 Eyewitness News that she has only seen a photo of the purse and has not positively identified it as belonging to Holly.
Henry County Sheriff Monte Belew confirmed this afternoon that, at the request of District Attorney General Hansel McCadams, he will be sending deputies to the area to search during the weekend.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #412 on: April 19, 2013, 05:04:28 PM »

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Holly-Bobos-Mother-Tells-TBI-the-Purse-was-not-Hollys-203824711.html

Holly Bobo's Mother Tells TBI the Purse was not Holly's
Story Created: Apr 19, 2013 at 3:44 PM CDT 
(Story Updated: Apr 19, 2013 at 3:46 PM CDT  )

DARDEN, Tenn. - Holly Bobo's mother has told investigators that the purse found near the site of her daughter's disappearance was not Holly's.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation reported the development Friday afternoon. They said she had previously identified it has Holly's based off a photo she saw. Karen Bobo did see the purse in person today and confirmed it did not belong to her daughter.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #413 on: April 19, 2013, 05:37:22 PM »

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Holly-Bobos-Mother-Tells-TBI-the-Purse-was-not-Hollys-203824711.html

Holly Bobo's Mother Tells TBI the Purse was not Holly's
Story Created: Apr 19, 2013 at 3:44 PM CDT 
(Story Updated: Apr 19, 2013 at 3:46 PM CDT  )

DARDEN, Tenn. - Holly Bobo's mother has told investigators that the purse found near the site of her daughter's disappearance was not Holly's.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation reported the development Friday afternoon. They said she had previously identified it has Holly's based off a photo she saw. Karen Bobo did see the purse in person today and confirmed it did not belong to her daughter.

i wonder what it is that sets the purse found apart from Holly's purse
seems like there was a pic of Holly with that pinkish purse up somewhere
when Holly 1st went missing

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #414 on: April 19, 2013, 09:46:57 PM »

I'm thinking Holly's mother is in a state of shock and denial.

It def. looks like holly's purse and who else would be missing a purse that was found one mile away from the Bobo house, found by holly's neighbor's dog(s) and looks remarkably like Holly's purse?

It's her purse.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: April 19, 2013, 10:03:50 PM »

I'm thinking Holly's mother is in a state of shock and denial.

It def. looks like holly's purse and who else would be missing a purse that was found one mile away from the Bobo house, found by holly's neighbor's dog(s) and looks remarkably like Holly's purse?

It's her purse.

It has to be so difficult for Holly's mom and family.  Could there be such a set of coincidences and it not be Holly's purse?  Perhaps the lab can get some information from testing the purse. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: April 20, 2013, 10:05:10 AM »

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/apr/19/purse-not-holly-bobos-authorities-say/
Purse not Holly Bobo's, authorities say
April 19, 2013

PARSONS, Tenn. — A purse found Wednesday near the home of missing nursing student Holly Bobo is not hers, a Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman said Friday.

The missing woman’s mother had seen a photo of the purse that neighborhood dogs found on Wednesday. But after seeing it in person Friday, the mother said it did not belong to her daughter, Kristin Helm of the TBI said.
The TBI on Thursday renewed the search for Bobo after the dogs’ surprising find. Law enforcement officials with their own canines worked an area roughly a mile from Bobo’s home outside Parsons, about 125 miles northeast of Memphis.

Helm said nothing was found and no further searches are planned.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #417 on: April 20, 2013, 10:20:43 AM »

I hope they search today as planned.
Many prayers continue.
 ::justice2NJ::

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: April 20, 2013, 10:39:13 AM »

I hope they search today as planned.
Many prayers continue.
 ::justice2NJ::

::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ::

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #419 on: April 20, 2013, 12:02:37 PM »

I  have a gut feeling that she is alive and kept by a sick person as his sex slave
  Holly is a very pretty girl and he might be keeping her locked up at his home.

Their are people who are rich and put in orders for sex playmates, and other sick people who steal these victims for them for the money SICK BASTARDS
I have read books on this.. all JMO

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.