March 19, 2024, 04:33:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT TO READ  (Read 128919 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2011, 06:22:19 PM »

Klaas I goofed..can you remove a post from Kiplyn Davis thread. When I copied and pasted the address it looked OK but when I posted it showed as a blocked site. How do you tell before you post ?

Done.

BBM
You can tell before you post by using "preview" before you hit post.  That would indicate a link, word or phrase that is filtered. MB

Thank-you!  I should have "preview" before I used the ink cartridge printing out the list Smile

seahorse, I'm sorry you printed out the list, but if you go back and read my moderators note, I too had suggested you "preview" before posting.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7013.msg1462973#msg1462973

::snipping2::
seahorse -  I'm not sure if you're aware that the last two posts you've made in this thread are considered "Blocked Websites", as they are part of the Righthaven Lawsuits and  we don't want to link to them.  The post by Klaas shows how to see which are blocked websites, which sometimes can be done by previewing before you post and you'll see the link has stars as shown below. Also, there is a list at the righthaven victims link you can refer to and avoid posting from those sources.  Thanks!  MB
 ::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2011, 07:51:19 PM »

This is GREAT news!

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011/oct/26/righthaven-ordered-pay-nearly-120000/
Righthaven ordered to pay nearly $120,000 in attorney fees, court costs
October 26, 2011

Newspaper copyright infringement lawsuit filer Righthaven LLC of Las Vegas was hit Wednesday with an order to pay $119,488 in attorney's fees and costs in its failed lawsuit against former federal prosecutor Thomas DiBiase.

This was by far the largest fee award against Righthaven, but likely will be dwarfed by an upcoming award in Righthaven's failed suit against the Democratic Underground. Before Wednesday the largest fee award against Righthaven was for $34,045 — an amount Righthaven says it's having trouble paying or even posting a bond to cover.

DiBiase has a website covering no-body murder cases, or cases where a murder is suspected but the victim's remains have not been located. He was sued by Righthaven last year over allegations he posted without authorization a story on such a murder case by the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

U.S. District Judge Roger Hunt in Las Vegas dismissed Righthaven's suit against DiBiase this summer because Righthaven lacked standing to sue him under its flawed lawsuit contract with R-J owner Stephens Media LLC.

The DiBiase case was noteworthy because his attorneys at the Electronic Frontier Foundation in San Francisco said DiBiase's nonprofit website performed a public service assisting law enforcement officials in bringing justice to crime victims — and that his post was protected by the fair use concept of copyright law.

More...
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2011, 08:38:26 PM »

This is GREAT news!

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011/oct/26/righthaven-ordered-pay-nearly-120000/
Righthaven ordered to pay nearly $120,000 in attorney fees, court costs
October 26, 2011

Newspaper copyright infringement lawsuit filer Righthaven LLC of Las Vegas was hit Wednesday with an order to pay $119,488 in attorney's fees and costs in its failed lawsuit against former federal prosecutor Thomas DiBiase.

This was by far the largest fee award against Righthaven, but likely will be dwarfed by an upcoming award in Righthaven's failed suit against the Democratic Underground. Before Wednesday the largest fee award against Righthaven was for $34,045 — an amount Righthaven says it's having trouble paying or even posting a bond to cover.

DiBiase has a website covering no-body murder cases, or cases where a murder is suspected but the victim's remains have not been located. He was sued by Righthaven last year over allegations he posted without authorization a story on such a murder case by the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

U.S. District Judge Roger Hunt in Las Vegas dismissed Righthaven's suit against DiBiase this summer because Righthaven lacked standing to sue him under its flawed lawsuit contract with R-J owner Stephens Media LLC.

The DiBiase case was noteworthy because his attorneys at the Electronic Frontier Foundation in San Francisco said DiBiase's nonprofit website performed a public service assisting law enforcement officials in bringing justice to crime victims — and that his post was protected by the fair use concept of copyright law.

More...

I LOVE it......karma will bite you in the arse everytime!!!!! Monkey dance and drinks all around Smile

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2011, 08:39:48 PM »

great news Klaas!

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2011, 09:32:04 PM »

That is great news.  What goes around comes around.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2011, 10:06:24 PM »

Great news!  Thanks Klaas!

::justice2NJ::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2011, 10:12:27 PM »

I hope Righthaven will have to seek bankruptcy soon.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2011, 10:55:26 PM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2011, 04:14:29 PM »

Marshals ordered to seize Righthaven assets

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2011/nov/01/marshals-ordered-seize-righthaven-assets/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2011, 04:19:58 PM »

Thank you for the article alagary!   

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2011, 09:01:10 PM »

Yes..thanks for the article!

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2011, 12:19:33 PM »

Just saw that article Alagary!!!  Such great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2011, 03:59:01 AM »

::justice2NJ::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2011, 03:16:36 PM »

O/T

A sign of things to come?

A $2.5 Million Libel Judgment Brings the Question: Are Bloggers Journalists?
Published December 22, 2011

‘Bloggers Beware’

That was the headline on a conservative blog following a $2.5 million judgment this month against blogger Crystal Cox in a defamation case tried in federal court in Oregon. It’s a case followed closely in both the blogosphere and in the traditional media, as it highlights the proliferation of blogging, the blurring of lines between journalists and bloggers and more libel cases born out of blog posts.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/22/bloggers-not-journalists/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2011, 09:16:42 AM »

Just saw that article Alagary!!!  Such great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2012, 03:01:24 AM »

Klaas has Red heard any more on his case?  I so want to see these money grabbing slime buckets be taken down. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2012, 02:06:25 PM »

Klaas has Red heard any more on his case?  I so want to see these money grabbing slime buckets be taken down. 

I believe it's over but he hasn't actually told me that.  I'll see if I can get him to post an update.  Looks like Righthaven is getting treated by the courts as they should.   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #137 on: January 08, 2012, 03:21:12 PM »

I believe it's over but he hasn't actually told me that.  I'll see if I can get him to post an update.  Looks like Righthaven is getting treated by the courts as they should.   
Thanks Klaas. It looks like the courts are taking care of this group. I have often wondered how and why so many of these newspapers went along with them. Or am I missing something? I pray it's over.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.