May 28, 2024, 02:03:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION - DAY 2 - 5/10/11  (Read 150480 times)
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #720 on: May 10, 2011, 05:06:17 PM »

I made it to the jury selection today! It was very surreal to see everything in person...wow! Oh by the way-when Judge Perry asked if someone approached them to talk about the case..ALL but 10 raised their hand and they had all the jurors wait in the hallway together along with the spectators and  I heard the potential jurors talking about how they saw this on the news and how GUILTY they thought she is!!!

It must have been fascinating to be there in person and see all these individuals. 

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: May 10, 2011, 05:10:10 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/may/242325/Exclusive:-Casey-Anthony-attorneys-hint-at-shocker-in-defense
Exclusive: Casey Anthony attorneys hint at shocker in defense
By Adam Longo, Reporter
Last Updated: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 4:06 PM

Also Video Report http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=http://static.cfnews13.com/newsvideo/cfn/casey-defense-0510.flv&vtitle=EXCLUSIVE:%20Casey%20Anthony%20team%27s%20secret%20strategy

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #722 on: May 10, 2011, 05:15:08 PM »

can Casey fire Baez now? wouldn't that delay the trial so that she could get a new lawyer who would have to get up to speed on the case....wonder if this is all in Casey's ill conceived diabolical plan to delay her trial or to get an appeal ?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #723 on: May 10, 2011, 05:18:15 PM »

brother..the only nut file that Mason should be keeping is his own file and Baez'

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #724 on: May 10, 2011, 05:20:38 PM »

Oh yes, the infamous "in the first three minutes" . . . then why spend all this money on duhfense strategy if it can be explained so easily?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: May 10, 2011, 05:22:07 PM »

Oh yes, the infamous "in the first three minutes" . . . then why spend all this money on duhfense strategy if it can be explained so easily?

can't wait to hear this one...Mason is blustering of course as always

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #726 on: May 10, 2011, 05:31:25 PM »

i would not be at all suprised if we see a motion by the defense within the next 24 hours to find a new jury location
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #727 on: May 10, 2011, 05:32:22 PM »

Defense attorneys Jose Baez and Cheney Mason are confident in their defense strategy for Casey Anthony.
 ::snipping2::
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/may/242325/Exclusive:-Casey-Anthony-attorneys-hint-at-shocker-in-defense

Lol!  They're SO confident that they won't give up trying to get Dr. Vass disqualified.
Gimme a break.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #728 on: May 10, 2011, 05:32:41 PM »

I don't know, I have wracked my brain for any conceivable (or inconceivable) thing possible that the defense can claim.  Even gone so far as to think that maybe Casey will claim that George or Cindy ran over Caylee without knowing it and that she could not bear to tell them and hid her.  Or that one of them did kill her but completely blanked it out and so she has taken the fall for it.  Of course, these scenarios are so far out there and I cannot think anyone would actually believe them, and they are so totally impossible considering everything we know.  But I honestly can't think of anything else they could possibly come up with.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #729 on: May 10, 2011, 05:36:22 PM »

IMO, with all the publicity the case has gotten, the appropriate question to potential jurors should simply be, "Can you dismiss all that you've seen or heard through media outlets and judge this case soley based upon the evidence presented during this trial?"

I have no doubt that will be asked CBB....but I am wondering where?   I wonder if JP will take the case back to Orlando...might as well.

I have no doubt there will be another change venue motion.  I say that they move it out of state.  I agree with HJBP that this trial will only happen once.  Texas would be a good choice.  They have the DP there and are not scared to use it.  all JMO
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: May 10, 2011, 05:37:24 PM »

WARNING - REMINDER

I HAVE GOTTEN SOME COMPLAINTS ABOUT INAPPROPRIATE POSTS.  PLEASE NO JOKING OR SMART ALEC REMARKS JUST FOR THE SAKE OF TRYING TO MAKE PEOPLE LAUGH.  THE THREAD AND FORUM ARE TOO BUSY.  I KNOW WITH THE DEFENSE TEAM AND THE ANTHONYS THAT IT'S HARD NOT TO BUT PLEASE...RESIST THE TEMPTATION. 

IF YOU SEE A POST YOU FEEL IS INAPPROPRIATE, CLICK ON THE "REPORT TO MODERATOR BUTTON".  LEAVE THE MODERATING TO THE MODERATORS.  QUOTING THE INAPPROPRIATE POSTS JUST MAKES IT THAT MUCH WORSE.  TIA.

I have been snarky today.  I will try to control my sarcasm.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #731 on: May 10, 2011, 05:39:25 PM »

Casey Anthony: Defense list includes woman allegedly pushed by George Anthony
http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/police-report-regarding-george-anthony-and-the-pushing-of-protesters-video

Victim 1 Patricia Young...St.Petersburg Fl

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/casey-anthony-update-defense-list-includes-woman-pushed-by-george-anthony

Casey Anthony: Defense list includes woman allegedly pushed by George Anthony

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Casey Anthony: Defense list includes woman allegedly pushed by George Anthony - National Crime | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/casey-anthony-update-defense-list-includes-woman-pushed-by-george-anthony#ixzz1LzJXumDx

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: May 10, 2011, 05:41:39 PM »

does anyone have any thoughts as to why Cindy and George are not there for this part of the trial? they fought so hard to be there and now they don't show up..this is all part of the trial imo...are they strangely thinking that Casey will miss them and want them there lol?
I think that Casey doesn't want them at the trial because like others have said, they will hear everything then..everything.  maybe more than they want to hear.

probably can't afford to go and stay in a hotel for a week or more, rent a car, pay for food etc....and I think they would be a terrible distraction....JMO

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #733 on: May 10, 2011, 05:41:44 PM »

Personally, I don't think it matters much where they have this trial. 

Even with all the set backs and delays, Casey isn't a free person, she's still in jail.

The evidence will speak for itself regardless of the geographical location.

Better to have all these issues resolved before proceeding anyway, they don't want to lay the groundwork for a mistrial or an appeal.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #734 on: May 10, 2011, 05:43:16 PM »

I just saw that video, I was standing next to her in the hallway when she was saying how creepy it was to see Casey . Casey is very tiny in person, it is very chilling to see her with that angry look on her face just staring at the walls, no eye contact was made to any jurors. Mason seemed out of it, when the Judge asked if the state had any objections the state would rise and say"no objections your honor", then he would ask the defense and they would just sit there and say "no objections", they showed no respect ! I looked at the bailiffs and they would roll their eyes at each other. I sat behind Kathy Belish, I wanted to tell her how much we all love her, but I refrained and was a good little monkey..lol

Welcome to the cage Airlinemonkey, thank you so much for being our monkey on the scene.  I find it so hard to believe that they let the jury pool and the spectators mingle together.  Were you amazed to be around people that could eventually be on the jury?  This should of never happened in the first place, they need to fix this.  The potential jurors should be kept separate from everyone else by any means possible.  Then the first thing they should be told is to not discuss ANY case with each other.  General chit-chat would be allowed but they have enough deputies and court personnel there to make sure they are not discussing court cases.  As much as I respect Kathi Belich, I hate to see her interviewing that woman.  The woman already knew that a jury for a murder case had been compromised and she should of kept her remarks to herself.  The smirk on Baez's face made me fill even more sick to my stomach, he won nothing.  He wants justice for his client and he is happy to see any jurors be dismissed?  What if one of those, just one of those, could be like Klaas and still not be tainted?  He may have just lost the one juror that could of saved his client's life.  I would have to say that I could never give Casey a fair trial, my heart and my mind have been convinced that she killed Caylee for a very long time.

Hugs, Magic 

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #735 on: May 10, 2011, 05:43:54 PM »

As for George and Cindy~ aren't we setting our standards a little high? 

I mean, we're expecting dysfunctional people to act normal.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #736 on: May 10, 2011, 05:45:01 PM »

Hey, Monks...only got to watch a little of the jury selection...Mom heading toward another crisis,(infection, maybe sepsis, poor thing,) but I did get to see where the Judge was questioning the single mom about child care.  All I could think of was, why not ask Casey to recommend someone...I believe Zanny the Nanny is available.

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #737 on: May 10, 2011, 05:50:44 PM »

does anyone have any thoughts as to why Cindy and George are not there for this part of the trial? they fought so hard to be there and now they don't show up..this is all part of the trial imo...are they strangely thinking that Casey will miss them and want them there lol?
I think that Casey doesn't want them at the trial because like others have said, they will hear everything then..everything.  maybe more than they want to hear.

probably can't afford to go and stay in a hotel for a week or more, rent a car, pay for food etc....and I think they would be a terrible distraction....JMO
Yep, can't afford to go, because they just dropped $200 in Casey's commissary acount!  I do think they would be a distraction also...I wouldn't put it past them to do something to taint the jury pool...if not verbally, with a tshirt or a button.
(By the way, thanks for liking my avi...courtesy of Brandi.  Wait 'til you see my monkey pj's!Between Brandi and CBB, we are the best dressed monkeys in the world!)

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #738 on: May 10, 2011, 05:55:20 PM »

Hey, Monks...only got to watch a little of the jury selection...Mom heading toward another crisis,(infection, maybe sepsis, poor thing,) but I did get to see where the Judge was questioning the single mom about child care.  All I could think of was, why not ask Casey to recommend someone...I believe Zanny the Nanny is available.
Prayers are with you monka.  It's verifying to watch how none of these parents phase her, nor do the pet owners that are more concerned about their pets than Casey was for her child. No reactions.  I did see her sort of quickly show compassion when a guy said he cared for his grandma who was battling breast cancer.  But IIRC, Casey has a soft spot with Breast Cancer, or maybe it's all just a ploy as she was concerned for herself with a supposed lump in one of hers.  Anyway, for the most part, stone cold, and acting (crying) on cue.  Heck today when she thought a new group of jurors were coming in and all the charges were to be read to them, she got out the tissue in preparation for scene 2.  moo   Take care monka!

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #739 on: May 10, 2011, 06:04:34 PM »

I've been watching some of the videos from jury selection from this am.
I'm finding it difficult to hear the state and defense since they turned there mics. off.
The should have to get up and go to the podium since the microphones are shut off because of the duhfense claiming that their
conversations were posted on the internet.
I was hoping JP would ask them to refer him to the websites where their conversations were posted.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.