May 23, 2024, 04:38:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION - DAY 3 - 5/11/11  (Read 160470 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #400 on: May 11, 2011, 12:17:55 PM »

The woman we think may be a jury consultant reminds me of a Tupperware lady with her mannerisms and hand gestures.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #401 on: May 11, 2011, 12:17:57 PM »

Sorry but I've been out all morning bush hogging...any major developments today.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #402 on: May 11, 2011, 12:18:00 PM »

Hmm, did that guy say he worked for a daycare?
If it was the last guy, he works for BayLife Health Care, is what I thought I heard.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #403 on: May 11, 2011, 12:19:15 PM »

Was that lady having a kidney transplant?  What if a kidney comes in during the trial, that certainly would not allow her to continue on.

Good point and I cannot imagine that the defense will allow this woman as you saw him continuing to question her on more issues almost like he wanted to catch her in something else as to why she should not serve.

Point being, does some one who is getting a second chance for life in a kidney tranplant going to be a good defense juror of some one who took a life?

Or be willing to party to putting someone else to death.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #404 on: May 11, 2011, 12:19:52 PM »

CM thinks he's a comedian, but I just think he's a clown.  He's so obvious when he doesn't want someone. LOL
Sunny, I didn't watch NG, I will have to go look for the transcript now.
JB better handle ICA carefully if he's ever "handled her" before.  If he's done anything at all inappropriate with her, she'll squeal like a pig, once she's convicted for sure.  If not sooner.

Hey O4Bull, good to see ya!   

This is exactly what I've wondered will happen... KC squealing like a pig at the eleventh hour, perhaps trying to cause a mistrial or something.  ??  At the very least a delay delay in ousting Baez as her attorney.  Sure seems that a whole lot of 'something' may have been going on back when she was on the outside and going to his office for the entire day. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #405 on: May 11, 2011, 12:20:42 PM »

I am so lost...... has anyone at all been actually chosen/passed the tests to be a juror yet> Do they even have 1 that is 'a go' ?

Oh yeah...WHY didn't this process start weeks ago???? Why did they wait till the last minute to get the jurors? This could take months!

IMO Trial will start in October 2011 at the rate they are going.

I don't think they are at that point yet..first phase is to thin out the people who have legitimate hardships. I don't know how many "rounds they need to go through before there is a definite "yes"

1 week is very optimistic IMO but the judge seems very determined to get this process finished as quickly as possible.

Morning/Afternoon Monkeys !

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #406 on: May 11, 2011, 12:22:40 PM »

Seeme, do you have a tally from this morning?  Thanks for posting about all the jurors, reading back, I feel like I missed nothing!  You Rock!!

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: May 11, 2011, 12:24:47 PM »

Sorry but I've been out all morning bush hogging...any major developments today.

KC was taken out after JP read charges and instructions this morning - no confirmation why but could be she was not feeling well.  Bobo followed out with her.

Mumbles objected to jury instructions JP gave this morning - denied

Mumbles objected to excusing a 2 time cancer survivor who went to mass daily to thank the lord - she was excused

Mystery lady who was wearing mint on Monday is there again today and seems to be the one fawning over KC today.

Delta refunded a mans plane tickets in full and JP is arranging to replace his Brewers tickets behind homeplate for him if he is chosen

Those are the highlights that come to mind. 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: May 11, 2011, 12:24:49 PM »

this might be a good time to share email I received in response to a question I asked. Both Brad Conway and Mark Nejame said they think KC will take the stand. I emailed an attorney friend who follows the case closely and here's his reply.  I said why would she take the stand as Jeff Ashton would tear her to shreds

"Of course, she will be torn up when she takes the stand. However, her lies will come out regardless. It is inescapable that with the death band on the hair, the personal belongings of Caylee surrounding her at her grave site, etc. that it will be proven that she was with Caylee at the child's death. She needs to be able to explain the lies and the connection to her and the child. The best defense: Caylee died accidentally and she was fearful of the retaliation she would experience from her parents if she told them so she lied repeatedly to cover it it. That way whenever she is cross examined she will, like a mantra, repeat over and over...
"I lied because I was fearful of ..."
A protester or so was added to the defense witness list. What relevance do they have other than to show and corroborate George's purported violence that she will describe and presumably lie about to cover? Casey attempted to keep her parents out of the courtroom during the trial. Why? Because the defense was developing such a theory. Moreover, Casey's narcissism allows her to believe she can convince everyone of anything. The smart move will be for her to take the stand. Remember, Baez has said that in the first 3 minutes he will shock the world with what really happened.
They may not have her take the stand, but the smart tactical move would be to have her do so.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: May 11, 2011, 12:27:03 PM »

Casey Anthony arrives in court frazzled and disheveled

http://www.wtsp.com/rss/article/191648/229/Casey-Anthony-arrives-frazzled-and-disheveled?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #410 on: May 11, 2011, 12:27:06 PM »

This behavior just makes her look guilty to me.

Yes, and she look like she's "trying to hide" behind the hair falling all over her face (I won't call them bang....hair is too long for bangs, IMO)

I agree..not bangs..Cookie will know what the heck to call those hacked at fringes.  Also hair is up but concealing her throat from the side..we can't see the hard swallows like we could before.  Those hard swallows are all about guilt..all about facing the music...

Giving her the markers and writing pads reminds me of children in church and other situations where you need to keep them occupied so they don't get fussy..keep her busy because if they don't there will be more problems like the issue with Baez and herself and the two year old comment.  She has all the put and take activity of a child..not obsecessice compulsion at all.  That's a whole other set of actions.  No this is just nervious engery they are trying to expand in someway that keeps her from imploding..markers, crayons, pens, file folders..whatever it takes to keep her somewhat subdued and distracted by her own devices.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #411 on: May 11, 2011, 12:28:03 PM »

KC was taken out after JP read charges and instructions this morning - no confirmation why but could be she was not feeling well.  Bobo followed out with her.

Mumbles objected to jury instructions JP gave this morning - denied

Mumbles objected to excusing a 2 time cancer survivor who went to mass daily to thank the lord - she was excused

Mystery lady who was wearing mint on Monday is there again today and seems to be the one fawning over KC today.

Delta refunded a mans plane tickets in full and JP is arranging to replace his Brewers tickets behind homeplate for him if he is chosen

Those are the highlights that come to mind. 
Thanks for the update. an angelic monkey

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #412 on: May 11, 2011, 12:28:25 PM »

I didn't get to see it, but can someone please explain about the lady that goes to Mass daily and why Cheney didn't want her?

I was wondering when he always asked about religious obligations, what he was trying to get at. Because I would say yes, I must go to Mass on Sunday so would that be a reason to not pick me? TIA JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #413 on: May 11, 2011, 12:28:44 PM »

I was just thinking back to what the Judge said to that one lady who was going to London around July 17th. He said the trial would definitely be over by then. I think he may be wrong. I doubt that this trial would start by May 17th especially since the judge said it would be delayed by a few days. Eight weeks would take us at the very least to July 17th. Am I wrong?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: May 11, 2011, 12:29:59 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/may/242871/Day-3-brings-new-jury-pool-for-Casey-Anthony-trial
Day 3 brings new jury pool for Casey Anthony trial
By Adam Longo, Reporter
Last Updated: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:59 AM

Day 3 - May 11, 2011 http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/may/242907/

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #415 on: May 11, 2011, 12:30:50 PM »

I think Red bulls are in order for after lunch and let this continue till 9:00 pm.

Do No Evil 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #416 on: May 11, 2011, 12:31:45 PM »

Since it seems the only thing that causes Casey to break down is while hearing the indictment against her being read... I sure do hope that they tape it and play it back every chance possible while she's in her cell.  hehe 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #417 on: May 11, 2011, 12:31:47 PM »

I'm still curious about ICA's "incident" this a.m.  When the court went back on the record, the first thing was Finnell (no mic so couldn't hear it all) at the podium complaining about something, then commenting on the racial makeup of the jury pool.
Judge's first comments in reply were about his jury instructions.  He stated he had made the same speech/instructions to jurors in at least 15 death penalty trials and that it had gone thru appeals at least 8 times and no problems.  He gives the same speech each time.  Do you think ICA had a problem with what the judge was saying to the potential jurors??  Thoughts anyone??

I asked about this earlier and had no responses.  I'm very curious about ICA incident this morning.  Not sure if it was drama conjured up by ICA.  Maybe she said she was going to throw up - but she was only gone for a very brief period -

As for Finnell complaining to the judge - I do think the defense thinks they are going to make hay over jury selection and no doubt the incident yesterday with the "tainted" juror et al pleased them no end.

Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #418 on: May 11, 2011, 12:33:12 PM »

Good afternoon Monkeys...I have not been around for a few months.   Wold someone please tell me what the ICA stand for?  I got the Casey Anthonly.

Last night, out of the blue, I thought Casey would wait until the last minute and accuse Biaz of inappropriate conduct.  If he ever knew anything about someone with a personality disorder, he should have known how they can twist things.  He ( and the tax payers ) may be paying for all the  touchy feely behavior since he hooked himself to Casey. 
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #419 on: May 11, 2011, 12:34:23 PM »

I didn't get to see it, but can someone please explain about the lady that goes to Mass daily and why Cheney didn't want her?

I was wondering when he always asked about religious obligations, what he was trying to get at. Because I would say yes, I must go to Mass on Sunday so would that be a reason to not pick me? TIA JSM

You'd be the best juror representing the fine state of Texas.  Sunday mass would be taken care of along with a few other visits from the priest.

Do No Evil 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.