March 29, 2024, 04:03:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION - DAY 4 - 5/12/11  (Read 169698 times)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #940 on: May 12, 2011, 04:09:28 PM »

So basically the dufense wants to give each potential juror their case and see if they side with the duhfense then they will be able to pick them.
Sure sounds like it, doesn't it?!

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #941 on: May 12, 2011, 04:09:45 PM »

It's going to take a MONTH or more to get 12 jurors and 8 alternates at this rate.   
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: May 12, 2011, 04:09:54 PM »

That is my impression as well when Finnell listed off the mitigating factors and asked how they would react if KC took the stand but still claimed she was not guilty.  This seems to be their testing lab to see what reactions they get.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #943 on: May 12, 2011, 04:10:07 PM »

What is Simms wrting for Casey that she is taking off her computer....hmmmm

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #944 on: May 12, 2011, 04:11:01 PM »

The twins could probably out litigate Bozo. Either one of them.
The twins!!  Too Funny, but heck what are they 3 now, even at 2 years of age, they probably could give Baez a run for his money.  Monkey Devil!

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #945 on: May 12, 2011, 04:11:27 PM »

The twins could probably out litigate Bozo. Either one of them.
Yep.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #946 on: May 12, 2011, 04:11:30 PM »

I would answer that but it would be highly sarcastic and I have been trying really hard to behave.
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #947 on: May 12, 2011, 04:12:20 PM »

I just got back.

IS JOSE BAEZ REALLY THIS STUPID?
Zookeeper, did you really have to ask?
yes, yes he is

Baez reminds me of moose hunting. With brains the size of a pea, they'll walk right up to when your aiming a loaded rifle at their heads. Yep he's stupid alright.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #948 on: May 12, 2011, 04:12:30 PM »

I wish I knew.  Maybe an email she got from Sindy, but she cannot let the inmate actually see her puter, so she is writing it down for her? 

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #949 on: May 12, 2011, 04:12:50 PM »

Casey Anthony judge sends most jurors home after slow day of questioning

::snipping2::

It was Judge Belvin Perry's intention to question 36 people Thursday, but with only two completed at 3 p.m., he sent all but three of the rest home for the day.

The judge apologized to the jury pool, accepting full blame for having them wait for so long.

"Hopefully I will be a better judge of time in the future," said Perry.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/may/243577/Casey-Anthony-judge-sends-most-jurors-home-after-slow-day-of-questioning
Airlinemonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #950 on: May 12, 2011, 04:13:44 PM »

I've spent both my days off watching this, I have a trip to get ready for, cleaning to do, walk the dog....this has been a waste, a huge waste..ughhhh...just calll NEXT already!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #951 on: May 12, 2011, 04:13:50 PM »

She is running out of shirts to wear.  Maybe the HeeHaw one tomorrow?
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #952 on: May 12, 2011, 04:14:30 PM »

Glad I have been going out running errands..Want to save my seatpower for the trial  Monkey Devil!

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #953 on: May 12, 2011, 04:14:36 PM »

Casey Anthony judge sends most jurors home after slow day of questioning

It was Judge Belvin Perry's intention to question 36 people Thursday, but with only two completed at 3 p.m., he sent all but three of the rest home for the day.

The judge apologized to the jury pool, accepting full blame for having them wait for so long.

"Hopefully I will be a better judge of time in the future," said Perry.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/may/243577/Casey-Anthony-judge-sends-most-jurors-home-after-slow-day-of-questioning
It would have been nice to hear the defense chime in on that apology.  They want to cause burdens for these jurors imo

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #954 on: May 12, 2011, 04:14:45 PM »

I don't know the Florida law, but IMO, some of the questions that the white-haired defense attorney and Baez are asking a potential juror sounds more like intense questioning of a witness on the stand.

It just seems out-of-line to me.

And, althought I respect Judge Perry, I also know that he's dealt with Baez and Mason long enough that he, JP, should have have done his homework wrt this phase of the voir dire - in advance - and set any guidelines, specific laws to follow, timelines (if possible), etc. to these attorneys and discussed it with them prior to beginning the second phase.  The judge is not pleased, I'm sure potential jurors that sat in that room for 7 hours are angry, etc.

This could have been managed better from the get go.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #955 on: May 12, 2011, 04:15:12 PM »

Does the Pinellas county jail have or show visitation logs, and say if a psych doctor came to see her last night, would that be on the log?  Would they need to sign in like the lawyers do?
I asked that question this morning for the same reason. Yes all visitors have to log in.  I want to know how long Bolin has been visiting her and who is seeing her this week.  Anybody???
Tupelo, I have been searching for a visitation log, but I dont think Pinellas County has it available online like Orange County does....
I couldn't find it either.  Orange County has no info because she is not there.  Grrrrrrrr

She's being held in county jail.  Normally, they fill out their own visitation lists- friends, family.

Lawyers, Doctors- emergency personnel aren't included on those lists. 

They are normally written into a shift's logbook by the jail staff for their own information.

If Bolin visited Casey per her Atty, she wouldn't be included on a visitation list, but her visits would be noted in the jail logbook.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #956 on: May 12, 2011, 04:16:12 PM »

Does the Pinellas county jail have or show visitation logs, and say if a psych doctor came to see her last night, would that be on the log?  Would they need to sign in like the lawyers do?
I asked that question this morning for the same reason. Yes all visitors have to log in.  I want to know how long Bolin has been visiting her and who is seeing her this week.  Anybody???
Tupelo, I have been searching for a visitation log, but I dont think Pinellas County has it available online like Orange County does....
I couldn't find it either.  Orange County has no info because she is not there.  Grrrrrrrr

She's being held in county jail.  Normally, they fill out their own visitation lists*- friends, family.

They are normally written into a shift's logbook by the jail staff for their own information.

If Bolin visited Casey per her Atty, she wouldn't be included on a visitation list, but her visits would be noted in the jail logbook.

*The inmate fills out their own visitation lists.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #957 on: May 12, 2011, 04:16:33 PM »

I don't know the Florida law, but IMO, some of the questions that the white-haired defense attorney and Baez are asking a potential juror sounds more like intense questioning of a witness on the stand.

It just seems out-of-line to me.

And, althought I respect Judge Perry, I also know that he's dealt with Baez and Mason long enough that he, JP, should have have done his homework wrt this phase of the voir dire - in advance - and set any guidelines, specific laws to follow, timelines (if possible), etc. to these attorneys and discussed it with them prior to beginning the second phase.  The judge is not pleased, I'm sure potential jurors that sat in that room for 7 hours are angry, etc.

This could have been managed better from the get go.

I agree but I add Ann Finell to that, and so far, for me she has been the worst, most monotinous, and most boring, and the most sneaky.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #958 on: May 12, 2011, 04:17:51 PM »

She's being held in county jail.  Normally, they fill out their own visitation lists- friends, family.

I have seen Bozo's name and other attorneys names on those visit lists in the past.  That was how we knew a new laywer joined the team back when.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: May 12, 2011, 04:17:59 PM »

I would answer that but it would be highly sarcastic and I have been trying really hard to behave.

It is interesting to watch because Simms was brought on to deal with the scientific evidence & all she seems to be doing is "defendant sitting."  Are they communicating with the headmaster, Cindy?   Reading here on SM's    PS Casey breathe while you can, enjoy your long process in realizing just how precious life is...something you didnt consider when you killed Caylee.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.