April 27, 2024, 08:21:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sarah Townsend 18 missing from Florence, NJ May 9, 2011 (BODY FOUND)  (Read 21489 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2011, 06:46:36 PM »

My deepest condolences to her family, prayers will be with them  an angelic monkey   Whoever did this rest assured you will be brought to justice.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2011, 07:22:11 PM »

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2011, 07:32:41 PM »

Hi Cartfly, good to see you too!  Am doing ok thanks, hope you are too!   

This is so omg sad...

More from the link upthread:

::snipping2::

"Authorities on Thursday said that a note in the car raised concerns about Sarah's intentions. It included the words "I'm sorry." 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2011, 07:59:58 PM »

A couple of things...

The boyfriend, in 'his grief', rushed the crime scene at the pond... and LE, supposedly not understanding at first who he was.. ?? .. wrestled him to the ground.  How weird is that?  Wouldn't they have expected loved ones to rush there the minute they heard? 

And LE is so concerned that the bf is ok, they take him to the station..  ?? .. They don't have, oh I dunno, a hospital there?  Sounds more to me like they are questioning the bf and don't want to come out and say that. 

Not so sure that walking into a pond is the easiest way to commit suicide.   

Seems there might be two reasons Sarah supposedly called him that morning to come to the park/pond.  Either she really did commit suicide and wanted her body found soon afterward.... Or.... They met at the park/pond, had a fight, and he did her in. 

Am hoping they do an autopsy to see if there is any water in her lungs.  That would tell them whether she died before or after going into the water. 

Her parents say she was fine that morning, evidently they weren't arguing/fighting.  And yet, other family members have said on tv for Sarah to come home, they "aren't mad".....  which leads me to believe Sarah was arguing/fighting with SOMEONE, just prior to her going missing.  Her family?  Her boyfriend?  All of them? 

Her family went before the cameras to plead for her return, etc.  Her boyfriend was not standing with them.  Why not?  He was the one who found her car and reported her missing.  One would think that wild horses couldn't keep him away from saying what he knew. 

The note Sarah supposedly left in the car.  Have read in a couple of places online, (in comments below news stories) that the note was unfinished.  I suppose she could have started to write one, then perhaps couldn't finish it.  ??  And there's always the possibility that 'someone' made her write that under duress. 

I dunno if we'll ever find out any further details. 

Sigh. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2011, 08:15:01 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/05/13/2011-05-13_missing_new_jersey_high_school_student_sarah_townsend_found_dead_after_4day_sear.html
Missing New Jersey high school student Sarah Townsend found dead after 4-day search
May 13, 2011

Sarah Townsend was reported missing by her boyfriend after he found her car at a Burlington Township park where they often hung out.

The car's door was open, the engine was running and her cell phone and purse were inside, he said.

The 18-year-old's body was found in a pond in Green Acres Park, but police said there was no evidence of foul play. An autopsy will determine cause of death.

On Thursday, authorities said they found a note in the car that included the words, "I'm Sorry."

From the beginning, the case was treated as a missing persons case, and police said they were concerned that she had given hints that she would harm herself.

"What's suspicious about it is there's a car found in front of a body of water, with her purse and cell phone still in the car," Burlington Township police Lt. Bruce Painter said on Tuesday.

"But there's no signs of anyone dragged into water, no blood, no signs of a struggle."
Officials told the station that her body was found around 1:15 p.m. by the state police's canine unit.

A short time later, her boyfriend, Matt Welsh, arrived at the scene and was so distraught he had to be subdued by police officers, the TV station reported.

"We're going to take him to the station to make sure he's okay. That's our main concern," said Painter.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2011, 08:19:53 PM »

http://examiner.gmnews.com/news/2011-05-12/Front_Page/Memorial_planned_for_the_late_Sarah_Townsend.html
Memorial planned for the late Sarah Townsend
Candlelight ceremony 8-9 p.m. Monday on Allentown High School football field
May 13, 2011

The Allentown High School Student Council had planned to host a candlelight vigil for Townsend on the football field next week. The district now plans to host a memorial for Townsend on the field 8-9 p.m. Monday, May 16.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2011, 08:39:06 PM »

Hi Cartfly, good to see you too!  Am doing ok thanks, hope you are too!   

This is so omg sad...

More from the link upthread:

"Authorities on Thursday said that a note in the car raised concerns about Sarah's intentions. It included the words "I'm sorry." 

Not sure if she wrote that note, if she committed suicide how many choose to do it in a pond...something is fishy.  She called her b/f to meet her at the park that day so that is reportedly how he knew to go check there.  Someone asked why LE didnt recognize the b/f, its possible that they were not local or knew him by sight, not sure.   He was very visibly distraught.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2011, 08:40:02 PM »

http://examiner.gmnews.com/news/2011-05-12/Front_Page/Memorial_planned_for_the_late_Sarah_Townsend.html
Memorial planned for the late Sarah Townsend
Candlelight ceremony 8-9 p.m. Monday on Allentown High School football field
May 13, 2011

The Allentown High School Student Council had planned to host a candlelight vigil for Townsend on the football field next week. The district now plans to host a memorial for Townsend on the field 8-9 p.m. Monday, May 16.

How horrible in the midst of proms & pending graduation.

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2011, 03:07:53 AM »

oh gosh, leave it to me to bring this up at such a sad time...LE finds a note with "I'm sorry" in it and poss. of suicide is thrown around but they don't search every inch of that area including ponds?  Need to know cause of death before I give up the notion that the BF might be involved.  If she did do this then I do hope the poor child had taken something to put her to sleep.  I just can't 'go there' in my mind to think about all the folks drowning themselves.  How much agony a person must be in to do that.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2011, 07:42:10 PM »

On JVM tonight, they said that the official cause of death for Sarah.. was death by drowning. 

LE has "stopped short of calling it a suicide", tho they are leaning that way.  They are still investigating, and not all the reports are in yet, such as toxicology. 

And it was said there are still many questions.. such as how it's not so easy for someone to drown themself by walking into a pond.  (Even someone had an intent to drown themself like that, humans have a natural impluse to fight to breathe would take over). 

Because of that natural impulse, (if this was actually a suicide), my guess is like others have mentioned, she may have taken sleeping pills or something. 

So... we wait on the toxicology report. 

Also on JVM, they showed Sarah's distraught bf at the scene.  They didn't show the part where they had to take him down tho.  Anyway, he did look very convincingly distraught.  So now I dunno what to think. 

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2011, 08:05:58 AM »

Sorry, what I meant to say about someone drowning is that it is usually in a car that someone takes their own life by water.  It is hard to walk out in open water and just drown yourself.  Then there are those so despondent...If tox is clear them we must look at the bf!!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2011, 08:19:24 AM »

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2011, 10:44:11 PM »

Funeral services for Sarah Townsend are planned for this weekend

Published: Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 10:55 AM

Friends, family and the community will gather this Sunday to memorialize Sarah Townsend at the church where she was baptized, the pastor of Florence United Methodist Church said yesterday.

The event will begin at 5 p.m. inside the church at 209 South Broad St. with an hour for people to come and offer condolences, Foster said. He will follow with a homily at 6 p.m.

“A homily like this, I usually try to emphasize trying not to think about bad memories about her loss and the circumstances surrounding it, and trying to remember the gifts of her life,” Foster said.

Others will speak, and the night will conclude with a reception in the church hall that is set to end by 9. Townsend’s body will be cremated, Foster said.

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2011/05/florence_to_host_a_memorial_to.html

----------------------

cremated??      

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2011, 12:01:20 AM »

Am guessing it will likely take several weeks for the toxicology report to come back.  Sigh. 

Would really really like to know why Sarah's father originally was saying (paraphrased.. it's in the articles upthread).. that they weren't mad at her, to please come home.  And yet, it's also been said that she was happy that morning before she left for school.  Others outside the family speak of how awful for a teen to be so depressed.  Are these folks all talking about the same girl?? 

Still want to know if there had been an argument/fight between Sarah and parents/family/bf.  Otherwise why would her father say they weren't mad?  Why doesn't the family itself seem to agree on much?  If Sarah was so happy as described by some in the family, then why do some outside the family see her as having been depressed?  Maybe the seemingly differing accounts were just some of em grasping at what they each thought it could be.  And maybe not.   

In the news reports, the dogs supposedly tracked her back into the park, away from the car/pond.  And if so... then why was her body found IN the pond with no tracks leading from the park to the pond?  The dogs scented her at the edge of the pond at the deep end.. 6-10 ft.. and divers jumped in and found her.  Why no trail leading from either the car to that spot, nor from within the park to that spot.  Did she fly there, no feet touching the ground?  Or was she perhaps.. carried to that spot.. before being placed into the water? 

And furthermore, why didn't the dogs find her scent at that area of the pond when they were FIRST out there?  The dogs searched all around til it got dark that first night, and from what I understand, the next morning and afternoon.  Then they left and came back a few days later, searching the SAME area, and this time, the dogs found her scent at pond's edge. 

Could it have been that Sarah's body wasn't IN that pond the first and second day.. but possibly placed there after the searchers left that area?  This has happened many times in other cases.  Perp/s moving the body to an already searched spot. 

So LE says Sarah "drowned".  I'd be asking if they can find out if she "drowned" IN that pond or elsewhere!  Something about what kind of water was or wasn't in her lungs, the brackish water of THAT pond vs water of a different kind.  (This pond reportedly had such brackish water it wasn't easy to see thru).  Did they find pond water in her lungs?  And there's something about them being able to tell if they drowned by being forcibly held under the water vs. not having been so.  (the difference is supposedly pressure behind the eyes or something).  Hard to know when LE only says .. she drowned. 

For some reason, I just cannot let this go as a very sad teen suicide.   

Sure seems to me that some folks have gone from near hysterics and pleading .. to a seeming calm acceptance and ability to thank Jesus that Sarah is in heaven. 

??  It's good that they've come to that seeming calm acceptance, but by golly they sure seem to have arrived at that point rather fast.  Well.. we all grieve differently tho.  Not so sure I as a parent could do that.  I am in awe. 

Then there's the cremation... and quickly too.  All fine and good (IMO) if there was no question etc as to what the heck happened.  And yeah, I realize the cause of death for Sarah has been made, that of "drowning".  Reportedly LE says there are no signs of trauma, no signs of foul play.  But LE has not yet classified her death as a "suicide", altho a few days ago they seem to be leaning that way. 

<quoting link below>
Sarah’s family does not doubt what the authorities are saying, but they’re also not prepared to say the teen took her own life, said Sarah’s aunt, Colleen Makovicz.
“We don’t know what to believe,” she said. “We know she drowned, and that’s all we know at this point. We’re waiting like everyone else to get the final report,” Makovicz said. “We all know Sarah was very happy when she left (home).”

Uh huh..

Toxicology reports won't be back for at least a week or so after the planned cremation.  The family has questions, they don't know WHAT to believe.  So WHY ON EARTH are they gonna go and cremate Sarah, before ALL reports are in, final, and their questions are answered?  Why does the cremation seem so rushed? 

Maybe it's just me being jaded...   

Some info for what I wrote above has been taken from the various news articles upthread, from the following link, and from other articles at the same site below:

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2011/05/father_struggles_with_aftermat.html

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2011, 01:58:07 AM »

I agree with you my dear Wyks!!!!!  Sumthin's fishy and I ain't talkin bout the pond.  I'm still stuck on the bf.  There is a link to her Mom and Dad talking to a news crew and the bf is there with them and he's acting just a little too funny to me.  Can't put my finger on it but it's just a feeling I got looking at it. I can hear the Mods now...link please!  Sorry, I'll go look for it.  I think I didn't read it on here but Ima searchin'!
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2011, 11:31:01 PM »

I agree with you my dear Wyks!!!!!  Sumthin's fishy and I ain't talkin bout the pond.  I'm still stuck on the bf.  There is a link to her Mom and Dad talking to a news crew and the bf is there with them and he's acting just a little too funny to me.  Can't put my finger on it but it's just a feeling I got looking at it. I can hear the Mods now...link please!  Sorry, I'll go look for it.  I think I didn't read it on here but Ima searchin'!

Hi melisb! 

Yeppers, seems there are several in here who feel something is fishy.  My bet is still on the bf for now too. 

Sure hope this case doesn't go the way some cases have gone.. (such as the woman in washington and her lil boy.. where the boy was found dead and his mom is still missing.. sev of us suspect the bf, but her family just seemed content to accept things quickly and move on with life). 

I hate it when it seems it's just us and the general public still questioning things about a case, but the family - not so much.  Am hoping that this doesn't happen with Sarah.  That some folks who knew and loved her will continue to question and investigate until all questions have been answered. 

The way I see it is this.. Sarah no longer has a voice.  It's up to other concerned folks to be that voice for her.  If it turns out that she did indeed commit suicide, then we will grieve for her, praying that she rests in peace.  But if things did not happen that way, no matter what it SEEMS like, then we can be that voice for her, demanding justice. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2011, 11:39:50 PM »

Funeral for Florence teen Sarah Townsend draws hundreds of mourners

Published: Monday, May 23, 2011, 7:42 AM 

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2011/05/mourners_come_to_cherish_the_l.html

-----------------

The title pretty much says it all... no further news than what has been previously reported. 

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2011, 12:01:46 AM »

Am guessing it will likely take several weeks for the toxicology report to come back.  Sigh. 

Would really really like to know why Sarah's father originally was saying (paraphrased.. it's in the articles upthread).. that they weren't mad at her, to please come home.  And yet, it's also been said that she was happy that morning before she left for school.  Others outside the family speak of how awful for a teen to be so depressed.  Are these folks all talking about the same girl?? 

Still want to know if there had been an argument/fight between Sarah and parents/family/bf.  Otherwise why would her father say they weren't mad?  Why doesn't the family itself seem to agree on much?  If Sarah was so happy as described by some in the family, then why do some outside the family see her as having been depressed?  Maybe the seemingly differing accounts were just some of em grasping at what they each thought it could be.  And maybe not.   

In the news reports, the dogs supposedly tracked her back into the park, away from the car/pond.  And if so... then why was her body found IN the pond with no tracks leading from the park to the pond?  The dogs scented her at the edge of the pond at the deep end.. 6-10 ft.. and divers jumped in and found her.  Why no trail leading from either the car to that spot, nor from within the park to that spot.  Did she fly there, no feet touching the ground?  Or was she perhaps.. carried to that spot.. before being placed into the water? 

And furthermore, why didn't the dogs find her scent at that area of the pond when they were FIRST out there?  The dogs searched all around til it got dark that first night, and from what I understand, the next morning and afternoon.  Then they left and came back a few days later, searching the SAME area, and this time, the dogs found her scent at pond's edge. 

Could it have been that Sarah's body wasn't IN that pond the first and second day.. but possibly placed there after the searchers left that area?  This has happened many times in other cases.  Perp/s moving the body to an already searched spot. 

So LE says Sarah "drowned".  I'd be asking if they can find out if she "drowned" IN that pond or elsewhere!  Something about what kind of water was or wasn't in her lungs, the brackish water of THAT pond vs water of a different kind.  (This pond reportedly had such brackish water it wasn't easy to see thru).  Did they find pond water in her lungs?  And there's something about them being able to tell if they drowned by being forcibly held under the water vs. not having been so.  (the difference is supposedly pressure behind the eyes or something).  Hard to know when LE only says .. she drowned. 

For some reason, I just cannot let this go as a very sad teen suicide.   

Sure seems to me that some folks have gone from near hysterics and pleading .. to a seeming calm acceptance and ability to thank Jesus that Sarah is in heaven. 

??  It's good that they've come to that seeming calm acceptance, but by golly they sure seem to have arrived at that point rather fast.  Well.. we all grieve differently tho.  Not so sure I as a parent could do that.  I am in awe. 

Then there's the cremation... and quickly too.  All fine and good (IMO) if there was no question etc as to what the heck happened.  And yeah, I realize the cause of death for Sarah has been made, that of "drowning".  Reportedly LE says there are no signs of trauma, no signs of foul play.  But LE has not yet classified her death as a "suicide", altho a few days ago they seem to be leaning that way. 

<quoting link below>
Sarah’s family does not doubt what the authorities are saying, but they’re also not prepared to say the teen took her own life, said Sarah’s aunt, Colleen Makovicz.
“We don’t know what to believe,” she said. “We know she drowned, and that’s all we know at this point. We’re waiting like everyone else to get the final report,” Makovicz said. “We all know Sarah was very happy when she left (home).”

Uh huh..

Toxicology reports won't be back for at least a week or so after the planned cremation.  The family has questions, they don't know WHAT to believe.  So WHY ON EARTH are they gonna go and cremate Sarah, before ALL reports are in, final, and their questions are answered?  Why does the cremation seem so rushed? 

Maybe it's just me being jaded...   

Some info for what I wrote above has been taken from the various news articles upthread, from the following link, and from other articles at the same site below:

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2011/05/father_struggles_with_aftermat.html

Great post Wyks!
 and I totally agree, things aren't clear in my mind regarding boyfriend either. If there was any doubt in my mind that a loved one of mine died of suspicious circumstances I would not even consider cremation. I think this is a mistake. I saw the video Melissab speaks of also and I had the same impression of the boyfriend too. I can not see someone just walking out into the water and drowning themselves either, unless she took oodles of pills and waited for them to take affect. I just don't buy the story. I just hope LE investigates this thoroughly. So like  you said, now we wait for the toxicology reports.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 08:01:55 PM »

Thanks Cartfly!  And yes.. we wait.  Sigh. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2011, 08:53:14 PM »

Thanks Cartfly!  And yes.. we wait.  Sigh. 

..... and wait.... 

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.