April 27, 2024, 02:34:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION - DAY 5 - 5/13/11  (Read 162715 times)
Sdb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1120 on: May 13, 2011, 10:43:15 PM »

C & G's attorney on "On The Record":
George had nothing to do with Caylee's death, no sexual abuse. Trying for reasonable doubt. Won't reveal C & G's emotions, apprehensive, ready for trial to start. George has never waivered - his position - no involvement, no abuse.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1121 on: May 13, 2011, 10:50:34 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the-record/index.html#/v/4693522/jury-trouble-in-casey-anthony-trial/?playlist_id=86925
May 13, 2011
Jury Trouble in Casey Anthony Trial
'On the Record' legal panel looks at the problems in jury selection in Florida child murder case

Video at link.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1122 on: May 13, 2011, 10:52:04 PM »

As each days goes by in court the defense final throws in the towels that they can not put anyone else under the bus for the death of a innocent 3 year old Caylee Marie Anthony as it is  all leading back to the monster Casey. So there last option mental abuse, verbal abuse, sexual abuse , hold deep abusive secrets domineering mother , abusive father , dysfunctional family, immature due to the domineering mother who made the decisions of Casey's life.. Casey under duress stress had seizures, , out bursts, out rage, accidently killed Caylee. Will Casey take the stand? I have to say Yes the defense is going towards this last option as it is their only option..

I think they are too - I believe they will throw all of this against the wall to see what sticks, and if anything seems to they will have her testify. If she testifies she is done, and if she doesn't she is done so the only hope they have at this point is to get her to testify and hope one of the jurors feel compassion for "all she has had to endure" in her life. (BS of course)

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1123 on: May 13, 2011, 10:56:54 PM »

As each days goes by in court the defense final throws in the towels that they can not put anyone else under the bus for the death of a innocent 3 year old Caylee Marie Anthony as it is  all leading back to the monster Casey. So there last option mental abuse, verbal abuse, sexual abuse , hold deep abusive secrets domineering mother , abusive father , dysfunctional family, immature due to the domineering mother who made the decisions of Casey's life.. Casey under duress stress had seizures, , out bursts, out rage, accidently killed Caylee. Will Casey take the stand? I have to say Yes the defense is going towards this last option as it is their only option..

I think they are too - I believe they will throw all of this against the wall to see what sticks, and if anything seems to they will have her testify. If she testifies she is done, and if she doesn't she is done so the only hope they have at this point is to get her to testify and hope one of the jurors feel compassion for "all she has had to endure" in her life. (BS of course)
I think the Defense will take a look at the final jury make-up and then make a decision to proceed or plea bargain ............................. my guess will be plea bargain a last gasp attempt to keep her from the DP.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1124 on: May 13, 2011, 10:57:01 PM »

C & G's attorney on "On The Record":
George had nothing to do with Caylee's death, no sexual abuse. Trying for reasonable doubt. Won't reveal C & G's emotions, apprehensive, ready for trial to start. George has never waivered - his position - no involvement, no abuse.
Well the great wall of silence has been breached. What now?  They must be a jumble of emotions, checking their notes for original lies, secondary lies and thinking up lies to counter previous lies unless they brand spanking new lies. Oh my.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1125 on: May 13, 2011, 11:05:15 PM »

As each days goes by in court the defense final throws in the towels that they can not put anyone else under the bus for the death of a innocent 3 year old Caylee Marie Anthony as it is  all leading back to the monster Casey. So there last option mental abuse, verbal abuse, sexual abuse , hold deep abusive secrets domineering mother , abusive father , dysfunctional family, immature due to the domineering mother who made the decisions of Casey's life.. Casey under duress stress had seizures, , out bursts, out rage, accidently killed Caylee. Will Casey take the stand? I have to say Yes the defense is going towards this last option as it is their only option..

I think the Defense will take a look at the final jury make-up and then make a decision to proceed or plea bargain ............................. my guess will be plea bargain a last gasp attempt to keep her from the DP.

As it looks now with so many of the prospective jurors already calling her guilty a plea will be her best bet. They KNOW (unless they get some fruitcake on the jury) that she is going to be convicted and Florida is well known for it's DP verdicts.

It is really sad to me that IMO a man's ego and sick need for notoriety has kept this going for this long.Not that she should have been set free, but the circumstances with his greed has done this. He could have plead this down before the body was found calling it an accident and she might have had a sentence of 15 years & with good time been out in 7 or 8. She would have been less than 30 years old and now if she will spend her whole life in prison IF she is lucky.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1126 on: May 13, 2011, 11:09:11 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/27880756/detail.html
 ::snipping2::
Casey's parents, Cindy and George Anthony, were not there and have not attended all week. WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer believes Caylee's grandparents are still hurting over Casey's plan to blame them.

"George and Cindy have to be feeling betrayed and it's hard to face that betrayal, especially when it's your own daughter," Sheaffer said.

Sheaffer says, even in situations like this, when the relatives are not only related to the victim but also to the defendant, it's highly unusual for no one to show up for jury selection to honor the memory of the victim.

All was quiet at the Anthonys' home on Friday, although WFTV saw a car drive up. Their lawyer told WFTV that they still support Casey, but they don't want to taint the jury pool or talk to reporters.

Casey's lawyers said she is the victim of sexual, verbal and emotional abuse, and accuses her parents of using her as a scapegoat for their problems. Jurors have only been asked whether they'd consider abuse at sentencing.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1127 on: May 13, 2011, 11:13:50 PM »

Gotta read Blink today'''''''''''''''''''''''

http://blinkoncrime.com/

luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1128 on: May 13, 2011, 11:16:45 PM »

What would casey get if the verdict was not unanimous
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1129 on: May 13, 2011, 11:21:20 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/27880756/detail.html
Casey's parents, Cindy and George Anthony, were not there and have not attended all week. WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer believes Caylee's grandparents are still hurting over Casey's plan to blame them.

"George and Cindy have to be feeling betrayed and it's hard to face that betrayal, especially when it's your own daughter," Sheaffer said.

Sheaffer says, even in situations like this, when the relatives are not only related to the victim but also to the defendant, it's highly unusual for no one to show up for jury selection to honor the memory of the victim.

All was quiet at the Anthonys' home on Friday, although WFTV saw a car drive up. Their lawyer told WFTV that they still support Casey, but they don't want to taint the jury pool or talk to reporters.

Casey's lawyers said she is the victim of sexual, verbal and emotional abuse, and accuses her parents of using her as a scapegoat for their problems. Jurors have only been asked whether they'd consider abuse at sentencing.

I can see the defense going with the verbal, emotional, and dysfunctional  from the family member...Will Casey accuse her father and brother of sexual abuse..? .. Or will she say the pregnancy was from a rape situation she concealed to herself ?
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1130 on: May 13, 2011, 11:24:15 PM »

Bozo's on FaceBook as we speak.

Link please 

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1131 on: May 13, 2011, 11:25:06 PM »

The "trial phase" HAS to be unanimous for conviction. A "deadlocked or hung" jury would result in a retrial.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #1132 on: May 13, 2011, 11:27:34 PM »

The "trial phase" HAS to be unanimous for conviction. A "deadlocked or hung" jury would result in a retrial.

So, either all 12 vote guilty or all 12 vote not guilty or judge declares a mistrial and state decides if they will retry her, right?  But, she would stay in the pokey if they decide to retry her.  Would the state have to say right away if they are going to retry her, or would she go back to jail and await the state's decision? 

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1133 on: May 13, 2011, 11:30:45 PM »

As each days goes by in court the defense final throws in the towels that they can not put anyone else under the bus for the death of a innocent 3 year old Caylee Marie Anthony as it is  all leading back to the monster Casey. So there last option mental abuse, verbal abuse, sexual abuse , hold deep abusive secrets domineering mother , abusive father , dysfunctional family, immature due to the domineering mother who made the decisions of Casey's life.. Casey under duress stress had seizures, , out bursts, out rage, accidently killed Caylee. Will Casey take the stand? I have to say Yes the defense is going towards this last option as it is their only option..

As it looks now with so many of the prospective jurors already calling her guilty a plea will be her best bet. They KNOW (unless they get some fruitcake on the jury) that she is going to be convicted and Florida is well known for it's DP verdicts.

It is really sad to me that IMO a man's ego and sick need for notoriety has kept this going for this long.Not that she should have been set free, but the circumstances with his greed has done this. He could have plead this down before the body was found calling it an accident and she might have had a sentence of 15 years & with good time been out in 7 or 8. She would have been less than 30 years old and now if she will spend her whole life in prison IF she is lucky.

I totally agree with you Turbo.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1134 on: May 13, 2011, 11:30:57 PM »

So she can only get lwop there is no lesser charge. If they don't all agree?
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1135 on: May 13, 2011, 11:35:32 PM »

So, either all 12 vote guilty or all 12 vote not guilty or judge declares a mistrial and state decides if they will retry her, right?  But, she would stay in the pokey if they decide to retry her.  Would the state have to say right away if they are going to retry her, or would she go back to jail and await the state's decision? 
In most every circumstance that I've seen -- the Prosecution pretty much decides immediately whether or not to re-try the case. If a jury is pretty much evenly divided, they would probably weigh their odds of a conviction on re-trial. I think a lot depends on whether some evidence is allowed into the original trial or if the Prosecution feels they themselves blew the original trial. If the Prosecution truly believes the defendant is guilty -- they will try again. (I also think the defedant has a very good chance of staying out of custody in this instance.)

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1136 on: May 13, 2011, 11:37:43 PM »

So she can only get lwop there is no lesser charge. If they don't all agree?

She could be convicted, but the jury could assess the "minimum sentence" or anything in between.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1137 on: May 13, 2011, 11:38:05 PM »

Bozo's on FaceBook as we speak.

Link please 

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000682230313&ref=ts

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1138 on: May 13, 2011, 11:45:38 PM »

Curly is bozo your friend on fb?
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #1139 on: May 13, 2011, 11:45:47 PM »

I am so tempted to press the "report this person" button.  I bet I would not be the first though. 

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.