May 28, 2024, 09:31:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION - DAY 5 - 5/13/11  (Read 163275 times)
Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #140 on: May 13, 2011, 10:40:20 AM »

Finnel is measured but she definitely attempts to influence the PJs.
yep...note her use of the term 'killed' when discussing the death penalty.
She needs to say executed when referring to KC.  Caylee was the one that was killed (murdered).

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2011, 10:40:28 AM »

I noticed from yesterday's videos that KC was blinking very slowly.  I'm thinking they've got her medicated.  How difficult is it to have a client seen by a doc and prescribed an anxiety drug during trial?  Anyone know the medical aspects of jail life?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
AzGrama
Scared Monkey

Addie, spoiled rotten Min Pin with ginormous ears!

« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2011, 10:40:51 AM »

Maybe this is standard, but some of these questions seem rediculous to me. I'm sure they have their reasons for asking.

I agree.  I have been on a jury twice.  Both were criminal, one with much local media coverage.  I was asked many of the same questions seen here, in a full court room, this was many years ago-pre televised trials.  It is/was very embarrassing discussing family members legal troubles but you have to answer.  In one of my cases, an armed robbery/assault we found him guilty after 3 days of deliberation.  In the high profile case, attempted kidnapping, he changed his plea mid way thru the trial so we were dismissed.  BTW, in the kidnapping attempt he was thwarted by the neighbors (a small mob) that chased him down and beat the hell out of him.

All in all, jury duty was an interesting experience.  Glad I did it.

Casey Anthony = Keyser Soze
    "The Usual Suspects"
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2011, 10:41:41 AM »

OMG...I've been without dsl since Wednesday night.  I was about to be a news story.  lol

Glad you made it back!

We are on #7 juror (#1011).

5 have passed so far.
Thanks!  This is going so slowly.  I don't see this trial starting next week. 

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2011, 10:43:24 AM »

Finnel is measured but she definitely attempts to influence the PJs.
yep...note her use of the term 'killed' when discussing the death penalty.
She needs to say executed when referring to KC.  Caylee was the one that was killed (murdered).
I think she's wanting to create guilty in the potential jury at the thought of 'killing' KC. 

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #145 on: May 13, 2011, 10:43:49 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110512/us_nm/us_crime_anthony_jury

CLEARWATER, Florida (Reuters) – The toll of the Great Recession can be counted in lost jobs and foreclosed homes, or by the large number of Floridians who say they cannot afford to serve as jurors for the Casey Anthony murder trial.

"If you were selected to serve, would it impose a hardship?" trial Judge Belvin Perry asked potential jurors on Wednesday.

The resounding answer: Yes.

Perry has acknowledged that it will be an "enormous inconvenience" for people to sit as jurors in the case against 25-year-old Anthony, who is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee in 2008.

The trial is expected to take up to eight weeks, and jurors from the west coast of Florida will be sequestered 100 miles from home in an Orlando hotel and allowed only limited contact with the outside world.

But lawyers and judges from around the state told Reuters on Thursday that the dozens of people Perry has released from jury duty on grounds of financial hardship reflect a wider and accelerating trend in the criminal justice system.

::snipping2::
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: May 13, 2011, 10:47:53 AM »

Florida Statute
Title XLVII Chapter 921  921.143  Appearance of victim, next of kin, or law enforcement, correctional, or correctional probation officer to make statement at sentencing hearing; submission of written statement.--

(1)  At the sentencing hearing, and prior to the imposition of sentence upon any defendant who has been convicted of any felony or who has pleaded guilty or nolo contendere to any crime, including a criminal violation of a provision of chapter 316, the sentencing court shall permit the victim of the crime for which the defendant is being sentenced, the victim's parent or guardian if the victim is a minor, the lawful representative of the victim or of the victim's parent or guardian if the victim is a minor, or the next of kin of the victim if the victim has died from causes related to the crime, to:

(a)  Appear before the sentencing court for the purpose of making a statement under oath for the record; and

(b)  Submit a written statement under oath to the office of the state attorney, which statement shall be filed with the sentencing court.

(2)  The state attorney or any assistant state attorney shall advise all victims or, when appropriate, the victim's parent, guardian, next of kin, or lawful representative that statements, whether oral or written, shall relate to the facts of the case and the extent of any harm, including social, psychological, or physical harm, financial losses, loss of earnings directly or indirectly resulting from the crime for which the defendant is being sentenced, and any matter relevant to an appropriate disposition and sentence.
http://archive.flsenate.gov/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0921/Sec143.HTM

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #147 on: May 13, 2011, 10:50:12 AM »

He is not supposed to be watching news on the case..How did he see Mr.George on TV the other day?

I thought he meant he had seen them in court the other day..all these people are on second round..so they have all seen everyone in the courtroom just this week when initially questioned..so what was the point of Baez question?

Today seems to be going better then yesterday.  I still don't get why Foghorn isn't quesitoning the pj's instead of Baez..he is the one with DP experience..he would be able to do this ..I guess he is feeding the questions to Baez today..since they are more on track. 

I like Finnell, but this is redundant..she is just posing the same questions the judge did in a different manner.  Let's move on..he knows what he is weighing and he understands his job on the jury even in penalty phase.  I think she is beating a dead horse..they aren't going to trip this guy up..move on please.
t

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: May 13, 2011, 10:51:51 AM »

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-trial-jury-friday-20110513,0,2993733.story
Casey Anthony trial: Nurse gets favorable review as possible juror
By Anthony Colarossi and Walter Pacheco, Orlando Sentinel
10:32 a.m. EDT, May 13, 2011

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #149 on: May 13, 2011, 10:52:57 AM »

finell is talking about mercy??!?!!?!?! casey didn't show caylee any mercy
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: May 13, 2011, 10:53:01 AM »

This PJ just got a bit of a "tude" with Finnell.   He said  "I understand the meaning of mitigation." 

Age, he would not consider
Lack of maturity - no he wouldnt consider

Judge is intervening after Ashton objected for the State.

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #151 on: May 13, 2011, 10:54:13 AM »

Juror 1011

Does not consider age or maturity a mitigating factor

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2011, 10:54:18 AM »

O kay - so they will get their "pool" of those who passed the questioning - Then will it be the defense that says - We'd like Juror #2000?  And then will the State will say okay or not and then get a turn to pick...and if I understand correctly, they each have 10 strikes they can use?

Each side has 10 back strikes they can use.

TY Brandi!  Smile

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #153 on: May 13, 2011, 10:54:30 AM »

I'm a Monkey Junky, not a Crime Junky

LOL, its too bad you were not being questioned. What a perfect answer. 

When hearing the questioning, all I can do is think of what I would answer and how fast they would try and boot me off the jury pool even though they would have no right to under cause.

Have you heard of the case ... ah, yea.
Where did you hear or read about it, every florida newspaper, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, HLN, MSNBC, LOCAL OUTLETS, AND THE HOME SHOPPING NETWORK.

Do you Blob, lol ,,, are you serious?

I might have to go back and do the questions and post. Smile
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #154 on: May 13, 2011, 10:55:28 AM »

too bad for the defense that age of VICTIM is an AGGRAVATED circumstance
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: May 13, 2011, 10:55:36 AM »

Whoopsy..he will get cut....doesn't believe in all of their BS-mitigating-excuses.  
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #156 on: May 13, 2011, 10:55:46 AM »

If I ever made it to this stage, I don't think I would make it past this stage. I would be answering their questions with questions. They probably would not like me. 

RIP Sweet Puppy
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2011, 10:56:14 AM »

The defense will be using one of their PC's on this man.

CBJP is continuously having to intervene when Finnell is going thru these mitigating factors.

He now is reading the statute (actually I think I posted it yesterday)

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2011, 10:56:29 AM »

I noticed from yesterday's videos that KC was blinking very slowly.  I'm thinking they've got her medicated.  How difficult is it to have a client seen by a doc and prescribed an anxiety drug during trial?  Anyone know the medical aspects of jail life?

Very easy in Casey's case.  She is staying in the medical wing, part of the P CO jail, inorder to keep her segrated from the general pop of the jail.

Since she is already in the medical section..it would not be more then a doctor writing her an order for meds.  She is more animated today then yesterday..but not her normal fidgeting self.  She's on meds..the more her body gets used to them..the more she will return to normal.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2011, 10:57:06 AM »

Juror 1011

Does not consider age or maturity a mitigating factor

They have completely confused this guy. My God how obvious is it that he will do what ever the Judge tells him to do.

He is not required to consider mitigating circumstances, he can as an option ... he just needs to say YES!!! But they have completely confused the poor guy. he has never done this before and is obviously a common guy and not all that sophistcated.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.