May 27, 2024, 11:00:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION - DAY 5 - 5/13/11  (Read 163254 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: May 13, 2011, 11:07:59 AM »

too bad for the defense that age of VICTIM is an AGGRAVATED circumstance

Just curious, age? It is not like Casey is 12. The brain development one kills me. Who knew Casey had the brain of a walnut simalr to a T-Rex.

In my book, she's adult, not a factor BUT for some reason the fact that she is a young adult seems to carry some consideration.  I just happen to strongly disagree FWIW.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: May 13, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »

Morning all!  I have been listening while taking care of my home chores. When Finnell said MERCY I nearly dropped a tray of glasses! Mercy my AZZ! She didn't give Caylee any frigging mercy!! WTF....Finnell is really starting to get on my nerves with her monotone droning on and on...OK got that off my chest!!  Are JB and KC friendly today??

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #182 on: May 13, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »

Florida Statute
Title XLVII Chapter 921  921.143  Appearance of victim, next of kin, or law enforcement, correctional, or correctional probation officer to make statement at sentencing hearing; submission of written statement.--

(1)  At the sentencing hearing, and prior to the imposition of sentence upon any defendant who has been convicted of any felony or who has pleaded guilty or nolo contendere to any crime, including a criminal violation of a provision of chapter 316, the sentencing court shall permit the victim of the crime for which the defendant is being sentenced, the victim's parent or guardian if the victim is a minor, the lawful representative of the victim or of the victim's parent or guardian if the victim is a minor, or the next of kin of the victim if the victim has died from causes related to the crime, to:

(a)  Appear before the sentencing court for the purpose of making a statement under oath for the record; and

(b)  Submit a written statement under oath to the office of the state attorney, which statement shall be filed with the sentencing court.

(2)  The state attorney or any assistant state attorney shall advise all victims or, when appropriate, the victim's parent, guardian, next of kin, or lawful representative that statements, whether oral or written, shall relate to the facts of the case and the extent of any harm, including social, psychological, or physical harm, financial losses, loss of earnings directly or indirectly resulting from the crime for which the defendant is being sentenced, and any matter relevant to an appropriate disposition and sentence.
http://archive.flsenate.gov/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0921/Sec143.HTM
Thanks Capp!  Could Shirley do written statement for Caylee then or would CA or GA have to do this?
Sadly, I don't see anyone doing this for Caylee.  There will be nobody to stand there for her and argue for justice.  Unless LE can somehow do it? GA or CA won't, IMO.  Unless they get up there and say Caylee wouldn't want you to kill her mom, even though her mom killed her.  They could even show that little drawing ICA saved where the little girl with the hanged teddy bear asks the question "why do people kill people to show that killing people is bad?"  They all make me ill.
Which, goes back to my original question, what is MissManHaircut asking the question for? Would the juror NOT consider emotional statements begging for the Death Penalty from the victim's family.  What does she know?  What would cause GA or CA or LA to beg for ICA's death.  Nothing that I can see.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #183 on: May 13, 2011, 11:08:02 AM »

Just curious, age? It is not like Casey is 12. The brain development one kills me. Who knew Casey had the brain of a walnut simalr to a T-Rex.

i meant that caylees age is one of the reasons that they were able to seek the dp
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #184 on: May 13, 2011, 11:08:26 AM »

I don't think Fennel should be allowed to give her laundry list of specific mitigating factors. She should just ask if he can follow JP's instructions on what they "can" consider certain mitigating factors.

ITA...this is rediculous..they are palnting the idea that she is guilty..but of deminished compacity..right..not deminshed enough to lie, steal, party, cover up her crime, continue to party and then make up sob stories that Finnel will read to the court.

Gut wrenching stuff..yeah Anne..it is gut wrenching this ho with all the support she had Murdered her only child of tender years so she could be in her own words a "spiteful bitch" toward her own mother and family.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #185 on: May 13, 2011, 11:09:09 AM »

I am catching up, sorry in advance if this has already been answered.  Dr G  = Dr. Jan Garavaglia, the lady who did the autopsy on Caylee's remains.  She has her own show called Dr. G .

Thanks Northern Rose!   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #186 on: May 13, 2011, 11:09:22 AM »

Family impact statement ...

Can you imagine how that will read from the Anthony's if Casey accuses Lee and George of sexual molestation.
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: May 13, 2011, 11:11:19 AM »

I don't think Fennel should be allowed to give her laundry list of specific mitigating factors. She should just ask if he can follow JP's instructions on what they "can" consider certain mitigating factors.

ITA...this is rediculous..they are palnting the idea that she is guilty..but of deminished compacity..right..not deminshed enough to lie, steal, party, cover up her crime, continue to party and then make up sob stories that Finnel will read to the court.

Gut wrenching stuff..yeah Anne..it is gut wrenching this ho with all the support she had Murdered her only child of tender years so she could be in her own words a "spiteful bitch" toward her own mother and family.

I agree and if it was an accident, why was she looking at neck breaking and chloroform way before Caylee was killed..How can they explain that one?
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #188 on: May 13, 2011, 11:11:38 AM »

Can you imagine how that will read from the Anthony's if Casey accuses Lee and George of sexual molestation.

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2011, 11:12:39 AM »

I agree and if it was an accident, why was she looking at neck breaking and chloroform way before Caylee was killed..How can they explain that one?

exactly. i don't think they can, unless they try to raise doubt that casey was the one doing the searching for that since other people may have had access to the computer in the anthony home
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2011, 11:12:41 AM »

Florida Statute
Title XLVII Chapter 921  921.143  Appearance of victim, next of kin, or law enforcement, correctional, or correctional probation officer to make statement at sentencing hearing; submission of written statement.--

(1)  At the sentencing hearing, and prior to the imposition of sentence upon any defendant who has been convicted of any felony or who has pleaded guilty or nolo contendere to any crime, including a criminal violation of a provision of chapter 316, the sentencing court shall permit the victim of the crime for which the defendant is being sentenced, the victim's parent or guardian if the victim is a minor, the lawful representative of the victim or of the victim's parent or guardian if the victim is a minor, or the next of kin of the victim if the victim has died from causes related to the crime, to:

(a)  Appear before the sentencing court for the purpose of making a statement under oath for the record; and

(b)  Submit a written statement under oath to the office of the state attorney, which statement shall be filed with the sentencing court.

(2)  The state attorney or any assistant state attorney shall advise all victims or, when appropriate, the victim's parent, guardian, next of kin, or lawful representative that statements, whether oral or written, shall relate to the facts of the case and the extent of any harm, including social, psychological, or physical harm, financial losses, loss of earnings directly or indirectly resulting from the crime for which the defendant is being sentenced, and any matter relevant to an appropriate disposition and sentence.
http://archive.flsenate.gov/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0921/Sec143.HTM
Thanks Capp!  Could Shirley do written statement for Caylee then or would CA or GA have to do this?

I think it may be possible if Cindy, George & Lee refuse - Im not completely sure about that.   Now my personal opinion from the heart is that Cindy, George, Lee have forfeited their right to speak for Caylee since they have not only supported her accused killer but also conspired to cover up the crime/obstruct justice to aid the accused.

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2011, 11:13:02 AM »

In my book, she's adult, not a factor BUT for some reason the fact that she is a young adult seems to carry some consideration.  I just happen to strongly disagree FWIW.

She was 22 when she murdered Caylee..she is 25 now..she has been an adult since before Caylee was born.  She was 19 when Caylee was born...isn't 18 the legal age for adult status in Florida.  The only person who was of tender years and not an adult in this murder was the victim Caylee Marie Anthony.

Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #192 on: May 13, 2011, 11:13:07 AM »

I truly do not believe there is anyone that will be qualified to give a victim impact statement.  They have all forgotten that the victim is Caylee.  If any of the Rosebud clan get up to speak they will be begging for and speaking about the accused and not speaking about Caylee.
The first person that comes to mind to read a victim impact statement is Jesse Grund.  Remember ICA was jealous of his attention to Caylee and he truly loved that little girl.

I think Mrs Shirley Pleasa as the great Grandmom could also give a  victim statement, but since she herself was a vic of Casey's check dabbling crimes I don't know if that would fly with the defense. 

I'd love to see Shirley step in for Caylee!  She was the first person I thought of, but for the reason you wrote am thinking too that the defense won't go for it.  Is it up to the defense tho?  Seems to me that if left up to them, they wouldn't approve of anyone.  If Mr Pleasa is still alive, he would be another good one to step in, even if all he could do is say Caylee's name.  And I think Shirley has a sister?  The lady she was emailing.  All of these would be the best, in my opinion, if their health permits of course. 

I also thought of Shirley but I thought it would be too difficult for her to get up and do a victim statement for Caylee against KC.  I know she loved Caylee but I think it would be too stressful.

She could write her victim statement and have the State read it for her.  Sometimes this is the best route because given the time to put pen to paper, people can be much more eloquent in their writing then they are in their speaking.  They can say things in writing they may not feel comfortable saying to the accused facing them in a court of law.  I hope they all write their victim statements and let the State read them..everyone who ever knew Caylee and thought she was adorable..this would also be a way for Lee, George and Cindy to write a vic statement without having to face Casey while reading, speaking.  But I would be surprised if they would write a statement for Caylee..they are going to be witnesses for the defense begging for her life..waste..huge waste.
I hope they all do the written ones especially Shirley.  They were all robbed of watching this precious baby grow up and all the milestones she would have had.  I always put myself into this as thinking what I would miss if something happened to my granddaughter who is a few months younger than Caylee was.

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #193 on: May 13, 2011, 11:13:19 AM »

#1167 is ill......food poisoning??

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #194 on: May 13, 2011, 11:13:26 AM »

In my imagination, I imagine that Lee will get up and explain that his promise to "CMA" was that he would burn her biotch of a mother if it was the last thing he did.  I can dream, can't I? 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: May 13, 2011, 11:13:49 AM »

Sadly, I don't see anyone doing this for Caylee.  There will be nobody to stand there for her and argue for justice.  Unless LE can somehow do it? GA or CA won't, IMO.  Unless they get up there and say Caylee wouldn't want you to kill her mom, even though her mom killed her.  They could even show that little drawing ICA saved where the little girl with the hanged teddy bear asks the question "why do people kill people to show that killing people is bad?"  They all make me ill.
Which, goes back to my original question, what is MissManHaircut asking the question for? Would the juror NOT consider emotional statements begging for the Death Penalty from the victim's family.  What does she know?  What would cause GA or CA or LA to beg for ICA's death.  Nothing that I can see.

O4, I agree...but I keep hoping that someone will step up...I think the only chance would be Rick, CA's brother. And he is still a long shot.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2011, 11:14:03 AM »

#1167 is ill......food poisoning??

1167 - male - retired, may need to be transported for medical appointments. Wife volunteers for red cross gone for a month at a time. Not undue hardship

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2011, 11:14:17 AM »

Juror has suspected food poisoning..they must have accidentally been given food meant for Casey.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2011, 11:14:48 AM »

Food poisoning??    

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #199 on: May 13, 2011, 11:15:23 AM »

Florida Statute

I think it may be possible if Cindy, George & Lee refuse - Im not completely sure about that.   Now my personal opinion from the heart is that Cindy, George, Lee have forfeited their right to speak for Caylee since they have not only supported her accused killer but also conspired to cover up the crime/obstruct justice to aid the accused.
ITA  I'm not familiar with the law but wish they could have appointed an Ad Lidem (sp) for Caylee since the grandparents are just after the money her death is bringing them.

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.