June 16, 2024, 05:06:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION - DAY 5 - 5/13/11  (Read 163741 times)
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2011, 09:37:46 AM »

I truly do not believe there is anyone that will be qualified to give a victim impact statement.  They have all forgotten that the victim is Caylee.  If any of the Rosebud clan get up to speak they will be begging for and speaking about the accused and not speaking about Caylee.
ITA, so it was odd to me that she'd even bring it up? As if anyone in ICA's family realizes that Caylee is the victim.  Is she afraid after ICA turns on them, tells their most guarded secrets, that they'll want her to get the needle?  I don't think they would, even if she did that.
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2011, 09:38:03 AM »

When the attorney (man's haircut woman, sorry can't recall her name) was questioning this juror, she said something that makes me go "hmmmm...".
She said that in the penalty phase, it will be emotional when the victim impact statements are given that she can't use emotion to judge for death.  My thoughts were that we don't know of anyone who would actually argue for the death of ICA.  I would assume that the A's would actually be arguing against it.

Good catch O4....Either that or it does sound like they are asking each other's questions in order to block any 'excuse-for-cause' dismissal ...in other words they are trying to force each other to use up their 10 excuser/dump/challenge.  Hope that makes some sense...it is still early.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2011, 09:39:45 AM »

Good grief, do these jurors realize that they do not have to discuss personal info of their families? TMI on her daughter and her financial situation. Damn, why not tell the world, oh she just did.

And just as an aside, how many people have experience with cadaver dogs? Far different than a disability dog.

I wonder if they feel like they have to just put everything out there. I mean what would happen if you refuse to answer a question?

The jurors are not on trial, they have every right to say ... way too much info ... if I need to answer then I will do so at the bench. Folks, you have to remember just how many people are listening to you discuss your life and your family which under every other circumstance would be no one's business. Just an FYI for all those when called to jury duty.
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2011, 09:40:50 AM »

PTSD does not make you kill!

I don't care what you have been through in your life. Even if it was an accident you do not throw your child in a bag in the trunk and in the woods! And then go out in party.
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2011, 09:41:15 AM »

When the attorney (man's haircut woman, sorry can't recall her name) was questioning this juror, she said something that makes me go "hmmmm...".
She said that in the penalty phase, it will be emotional when the victim impact statements are given that she can't use emotion to judge for death.  My thoughts were that we don't know of anyone who would actually argue for the death of ICA.  I would assume that the A's would actually be arguing against it.

Good catch O4....Either that or it does sound like they are asking each other's questions in order to block any 'excuse-for-cause' dismissal ...in other words they are trying to force each other to use up their 10 excuser/dump/challenge.  Hope that makes some sense...it is still early.

I hadn't thought of that.  I just can't imagine any of them arguing to kill her.  I think it was super strange for her to say it, in this case.  Unless she's just so used to asking it, she included it out of habit.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2011, 09:42:14 AM »

Baez is just getting hammered this Am with objections.

It is amazing that after 3 years and how many days of doing this that they do not have a script of questions that are like bullet points. Skippy is getting frustrated.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2011, 09:44:37 AM »

I truly do not believe there is anyone that will be qualified to give a victim impact statement.  They have all forgotten that the victim is Caylee.  If any of the Rosebud clan get up to speak they will be begging for and speaking about the accused and not speaking about Caylee.

Totally agree NR... That sickens me beyond words.  Caylee is not even an after thought to this bunch.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2011, 09:44:58 AM »

It is amazing that after 3 years and how many days of doing this that they do not have a script of questions that are like bullet points. Skippy is getting frustrated.

I am willing to bet the sidebar he requested was about the objections. Bet he was whining to the judge about them.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2011, 09:45:24 AM »

Finnell, Tupperware lady and Sims are all wearing dark/black.  KC is in The Walton's nightshirt.  Add a cowboy hat to Mumbles and they have the cast for Johnny Get Your Gun the musical.
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2011, 09:45:24 AM »

Yes, and he is so proud of his
"Who Are You"? question.  You can just tell he's so enamored with himself when he asks it.  He hopes the juror will drone on and on about him/her self.  And, most have. 
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2011, 09:46:18 AM »

Based on Baez' questions to this witness, it's fairly obvious that Casey Anthony will be taking the stand in the upcoming trial. Only Casey can testify as to the lies reasons why she didn't tell her family about Caylee's death; describe her counsel-coached symptoms of PTSD; explain how Caylee's death was coldly premeditated murder an accident. Baez wanted to find out what this woman's identifiers for lying were because then Casey could be told to watch out for those tells while testifying.
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2011, 09:47:18 AM »

I wish I was a fly in the same room as the Ants right now.. Does this bus over George plan have Cindy's blessing? It is going to be very tense when he appears in court!

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2011, 09:47:22 AM »

The first person that comes to mind to read a victim impact statement is Jesse Grund.  Remember ICA was jealous of his attention to Caylee and he truly loved that little girl.

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2011, 09:49:22 AM »

Finnell, Tupperware lady and Sims are all wearing dark/black.  KC is in The Walton's nightshirt.  Add a cowboy hat to Mumbles and they have the cast for Johnny Get Your Gun the musical.
They must have read here, we know Simms has (about her hair) so Tupperware aka SKW must have read that she was mistaken for a firetruck. (not my words, but hey, she is a SK lover).
So, yes or no on her? good for Defense or Prosecution? Neither?
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2011, 09:50:43 AM »

I agree!  Casey wants the world to think of her as the victim.  While Cindy seems to think of herself as the victim.  George is certainly gonna be another victim when the duhfense bus rolls over him. 

As others have said, I do hope that Rick or someone else in the family steps forward to speak of Caylee and how very precious she was.  Perhaps a family friend will step forward and speak on Caylee's behalf.  Sad that it seems the whole world is grieving Caylee, while her own family, not so much. 

On a side note, who is this Dr. G that Baez is so worried that any of the pj's have been watching?  I gotta watch his show now, whoever he is.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2011, 09:50:46 AM »

Wrap it up? How if they  have so  many more to get through?
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2011, 09:51:59 AM »

WOW! So once they get through 12 that is it? They will not have to go through every one of them??
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2011, 09:52:00 AM »

The first person that comes to mind to read a victim impact statement is Jesse Grund.  Remember ICA was jealous of his attention to Caylee and he truly loved that little girl.
Are non family members allowed to make a statement?  If so, then I bet you're right, Jesse would be willing to do that for Caylee.  But, would he beg for the needle, or would he be happy with LWOP for ICA?
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2011, 09:52:02 AM »

I actually think that this last juror would not be a good juror for the defense. Her background in dealing with sexually abused woman will be enable her to disern whether casey/defense team is lying about abuse.

Also, she has two grandchildren, one close to the age of caylee.

She could influence people in the jury room with her nursing knowledge. Might be interesting, any thoughts folks?
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2011, 09:52:25 AM »

What about alternates? Judge is just talking about the 12 jurors being selected.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.