June 16, 2024, 06:33:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION - DAY 5 - 5/13/11  (Read 163770 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #300 on: May 13, 2011, 12:15:12 PM »

Hi Monkeys! I've been listening at work on TruTV and hearing about the process perhaps becoming an appellate issue...........

JP needs to spend his lunch hour reading here!! 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: May 13, 2011, 12:15:38 PM »

Watching In session, They are saying they thought he should have been excused because PJ was lying. He just wrote a review on True Crime three weeks ago Can it come back to bite the Judge because he was forced to use a strike?

I often have to resist throwing pillows because they are so defense oriented & as legal commentators/analysts they question things that they really should know the answer to.  It seems to me that they've made trial watching entertainment of sorts.

As far as Im concerned, Bozo got a good lesson in be careful what you ask for yet again.  If he is going to try to catch these PJ's in any mistruths unless it is for cause he best be prepared to use his PCs.

For example, Insessions is incorrect what CJBP is stating about the 12 jurors.   He is getting to 12 to get to back strikes regarding them.   He will then continue further to get to 12 plus 8 alternates.   IMHO, they are misinterpreting what he is saying.

Ok, what they are saying now is really scaring me as far as appeals. They are saying now that they will not be surprised if BOZO asks for a mistrial.

IMHO, the word that comes to mind is DRAMA.  He is getting thru these jurors that already went thru hardship & are now in second phase.   He will get to 12 potentials, ask both sides of they are back striking any of them.   He will then continue on with those that have gone thru hardship phase.  From there he has to decide if he brings in jurors that have not been asked about hardship and continue the process OR decide if they return to OC to begin voir dire there all over again.

west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: May 13, 2011, 12:15:51 PM »

IDK, I am hoping Judge Perry is not rushing this and will then have the verdict overturned. Everyone on In session is saying that this is not a usual practice.

Agreed. I have no idea what Perry is going. Why on earth would you change the process and make a grounds for appeal before the damn case has even started. Tortoise and the Hare Perry ... common man.

I have no idea why Perry is making time the determining factor when it should be the common practice, no altering from it in a first degree murder case. I don't get it.

I mean I understand that he wants to get this moving, he is known as being fair and honest but this is 3 years in the making. A couple of weeks is not going to hurt anyone. If he rushes this and it is overturned this could effect this case and his career. It is too important of a case to be rushing anything and changing rules in the process.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #303 on: May 13, 2011, 12:16:35 PM »

I just drove up, figuratively speaking for the duhfense's edification, and already don't like what I am reading. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
AzGrama
Scared Monkey

Addie, spoiled rotten Min Pin with ginormous ears!

« Reply #304 on: May 13, 2011, 12:18:20 PM »

Does anyone remember how many murder trials JP has presided over?  How many appeals?  I saw it somewhere, don't remember the details.  His jury process seems odd to me, but what do I know, this could be SOP for him.???

Casey Anthony = Keyser Soze
    "The Usual Suspects"
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: May 13, 2011, 12:19:26 PM »

Does anyone remember how many murder trials JP has presided over?  How many appeals?  I saw it somewhere, don't remember the details.  His jury process seems odd to me, but what do I know, this could be SOP for him.???

Many, none overturned

west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #306 on: May 13, 2011, 12:20:08 PM »

I looked but all I could really find

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2000-09-01/news/0009010139_1_belvin-perry-chief-judge-love-affair
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #307 on: May 13, 2011, 12:20:32 PM »

I don't put much faith in any of the talking heads at InSession.  They are wanting to add every bit of drama they can to this for ratings.  JP is not infallible, but he knows the law over, under and around every member of the defense team.  I think he's covering his bases.  He knows the State can't afford to try this again and I doubt he cares more about getting this done in a week than he does about causing a mistrial.  Faith, Monkeys, Faith! an angelic monkey
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #308 on: May 13, 2011, 12:22:41 PM »

I don't put much faith in any of the talking heads at InSession.  They are wanting to add every bit of drama they can to this for ratings.  JP is not infallible, but he knows the law over, under and around every member of the defense team.  I think he's covering his bases.  He knows the State can't afford to try this again and I doubt he cares more about getting this done in a week than he does about causing a mistrial.  Faith, Monkeys, Faith! an angelic monkey
Amen Bull!  (and once again, nice butt!  )

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #309 on: May 13, 2011, 12:23:36 PM »

http://rosaliebolintheliar.blogspot.com/

Here is how she worked it, by being contracted to represent numerous clients in different jurisdictions Rosalie Bolin regularly bills the same hours and expenses to multiple cases. Since these agencies do not compare each other’s records, they have no way of knowing what she is doing.

Interesting that she knows how to bilk the system and get away with it.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: May 13, 2011, 12:23:51 PM »

Wow yeah the more I watch casey. She is without a doubt that she is on something. Cause she seems to me to be zoned out!!! I have seen this before from someone in my family. And she reminds me of her a lot.

KC may be on anti-depressants and/or anti-anxiety meds.  That would require, of course, a doctor's orders.  Do we have anyway of knowing whether or not she has had any physicians's visits prior to her coming to Pinellas County. 

Some anti-d's are actually given to people who suffer from OCD and/or PTSD.  Some seem to work better than others, however, it is not sure why.  Under severe stress, I have PTSD and/or OCD and my doc puts me on a specific med during those times.  Takes awhile for it to be effective, but it does not affect me, or others that I know of, like anti-anxiety meds. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #311 on: May 13, 2011, 12:24:07 PM »

Your probably right but I just want justice for Caylee. Make sure everything is done right so they have no chance for appeal.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #312 on: May 13, 2011, 12:24:42 PM »

If the direction they are going in is that a young adult's brain isn't 'fully' developed until they are about 29, then I think they are totally grasping at straws.  (which we do know they are doing anyway). 

LOL..they are stepping into my field now.  Unless things have changed drastically in the last 24 hours..29 is not the age at which the brain is completely formed.  The info I have always had is 24 years old.  And that part of the brain formation does not deal with knowing right from wrong, the formation of a conscience, etc.  Those things happen at a very young age.  Whoever they place on the stand to say 29 years will be blown out of the water by any other legit doctor.  Casey's brain for all intents and purposes, was fully formed in the areas needed for making decisions based on right and wrong, knowing the difference between a lie and the truth, etc.  Poor impulse control does not excuse murder..and that is more a formation of self control..which we all know some people don't have by the time they are 60...nothing to do with brain development..more to do with character development.  Anne will get annihilated on this in mitigation.

Thanks for that info, Gypsy!     The age 29 is what I've heard elsewhere, I don't think the defense use an age yet.  Just am thinking that's the direction they might be going in.  With what you've said about the brain, it will be interesting to watch the defense try and pull this one.  Heh. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #313 on: May 13, 2011, 12:25:06 PM »

I looked but all I could really find

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2000-09-01/news/0009010139_1_belvin-perry-chief-judge-love-affair

Well that was the wrong link, Now I can't find the one with his trials..
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #314 on: May 13, 2011, 12:27:16 PM »

Does anyone know what time they're due back from lunch?   TIA

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #315 on: May 13, 2011, 12:28:00 PM »

Wow yeah the more I watch casey. She is without a doubt that she is on something. Cause she seems to me to be zoned out!!! I have seen this before from someone in my family. And she reminds me of her a lot.

KC may be on anti-depressants and/or anti-anxiety meds.  That would require, of course, a doctor's orders.  Do we have anyway of knowing whether or not she has had any physicians's visits prior to her coming to Pinellas County. 

Some anti-d's are actually given to people who suffer from OCD and/or PTSD.  Some seem to work better than others, however, it is not sure why.  Under severe stress, I have PTSD and/or OCD and my doc puts me on a specific med during those times.  Takes awhile for it to be effective, but it does not affect me, or others that I know of, like anti-anxiety meds. 
Anti-depressants take time to work.  I think she's on anti-anxiety meds.  I don't want her delaying the process, but I think she needs to feel everything during this.  I mean, how anxious and depressed must Caylee have felt being drugged and taped up?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #316 on: May 13, 2011, 12:28:08 PM »

12:30 I think
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #317 on: May 13, 2011, 12:29:18 PM »

As you guys know,  RED has been battling the forces of evil and there is good news and bad. Contrary, to initial MSM reports there was no settlement, although it appears the case might have had a conclusion. That said, the legal case has been costly and Red could use any help that we could offer. Red has stated he is very appreciative of everyone's support in emails and donations.  There is a donation button in the upper right of the forum if you would like to help.  THANKS!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9451.msg1342551#msg1342551

Thanks Klaas, and thanks every one for your support and kind email. I thank all for your support and help during this time, it is very much appreciated.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #318 on: May 13, 2011, 12:29:51 PM »

I don't give them any credence whatsoever.  They infuriate me because they aren't there in person and they aren't listening to the entire session..they are busy with commercial breaks and their own opinions .

I love Judge Perry and he knows exactly what he is doing.  He also knows the way the other Chief Justices think and is very aware of that everytime he makes a decision in this case.  He told Baez that earlier in the week regarding the Vass air test motion.  I don't think he has done anything that will derail this trial.....he just wants the train to keep running down the track, not shutting down for alot of nonsense questions and probing by Baez. 

Again..why isn't Foghorn doing this jury questioning?  Foghorn is the one who wrote the questionaire, he is the one that is death qualified..why is he sitting there like a bump on a log?

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #319 on: May 13, 2011, 12:32:09 PM »

They are back in court but court has not started
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.