May 27, 2024, 09:55:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION - DAY 5 - 5/13/11  (Read 163251 times)
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1100 on: May 13, 2011, 10:04:43 PM »

Bozo's on FaceBook as we speak.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1101 on: May 13, 2011, 10:07:22 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27887070/detail.html?utm_source=manual&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=casey+updates

::snipping2::

Purpose Of Victim Impact Statements?

Dear Judge Eaton: I heard during jury selection today that the victim impact statements can be very emotional and should not be considered in the penalty phase. Knowing this, why or for what purpose is the victim impact statement allowed into the trial? Why do the courts or the state laws of Florida allow this? This is difficult enough for the jurors. Why lay an emotional impact on them when they are trying to make such a vital decision on someone's life? -- JoAnn Shurtz, Melbourne, Fla.
Prior to 1991, the U.S. Supreme Court prohibited the use of victim impact evidence. However, in a case called Payne v. Tennessee, the court reversed itself on this issue, provided state law authorized such evidence. The Florida Legislature immediately passed a statute allowing victim impact evidence. Victim impact evidence must be designed to demonstrate the victim’s uniqueness as an individual human being and the resultant loss to the community’s members. It does not include opinions of the victim’s family about the crime, the defendant and the appropriate sentence. This limitation is not always followed and has resulted in unfortunate results. Victim’s relatives are not allowed to chastise the defendant or demand the death penalty. Some victim impact evidence is obviously presented for the purpose of prejudicing the defendant and encouraging the jury to return a recommendation for a death sentence. There is a case from California in which the victim’s relatives presented a 30- minute film showing the life of the victim from time of birth until time of death. The film was accompanied by dreamy music provided by Enya. The United States Supreme Court approved this presentation but suggested this is the outer edge of tolerance. I suggest this type of presentation would not be allowed in Florida.   Victim impact evidence is not considered to be an aggravating circumstance in Florida, so the introduction of this evidence is, in the words of law professors, irrelevant to any issue in the case. Yet it is allowed. The Florida jury instruction reads as follows: "You have heard evidence about the impact of this homicide on the family, friends or community of (victim's name). This evidence was presented to show the victim’s uniqueness as an individual and the resultant loss by (victim’s) death. However, you may not consider this evidence as an aggravating circumstance. Your recommendation to the court must be based on the aggravating circumstances and the mitigating circumstances upon which you have been instructed." I have had jurors ask me why this evidence was presented if it was not supposed to be used. I have no answer to that question. I try to discourage victim impact evidence in capital cases because of the dangers of prejudice in the 11th hour of the trial. I have asked the victim’s family to present that evidence to me outside the presence of the jury as an alternative and agreement on that procedure is usually reached. Of course, I warn the victim’s family of the danger of a mistrial or other sanctions if improper evidence is presented to the jury. -- Judge O.H. Eaton

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27887070/detail.html#ixzz1MHvvaUKY

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1102 on: May 13, 2011, 10:07:47 PM »

Is he posting?

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1103 on: May 13, 2011, 10:09:03 PM »

Bozo asked for an extension this week to prepare for trial.
And what is he doing ? Playing Farmville or Spot the Difference ?
Weren't we just speaking of emotional IQ ? 
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1104 on: May 13, 2011, 10:10:18 PM »

Bozo asked for an extension this week to prepare for trial.
And what is he doing ? Playing Farmville or Spot the Difference ?
Weren't we just speaking of emotional IQ ? 

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1105 on: May 13, 2011, 10:10:44 PM »

KC has a juvie record.  I'll bet Jose brings that up.  Something from that time in her life is going to be used as a defense for her behavior prior to Caylee's birth and after Caylee's death.  Cindy even 'helped' her by lying to Rick at the wedding when KC was pregnant, lying about her jobs, confessing things to Shirley about KC...it all leads to KC being 'disturbed' due to Cindy's mothering.  Then you have George and his non-working, mega-spending, lady's man ways.  Jose is going to try to show the parents as monsters and KC as the poor kid just trying to survive.  yeah

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1106 on: May 13, 2011, 10:12:38 PM »

As each days goes by in court the defense final throws in the towels that they can not put anyone else under the bus for the death of a innocent 3 year old Caylee Marie Anthony as it is  all leading back to the monster Casey. So there last option mental abuse, verbal abuse, sexual abuse , hold deep abusive secrets domineering mother , abusive father , dysfunctional family, immature due to the domineering mother who made the decisions of Casey's life.. Casey under duress stress had seizures, , out bursts, out rage, accidently killed Caylee. Will Casey take the stand? I have to say Yes the defense is going towards this last option as it is their only option..

Well....if what Lee said is true....Cindy throttled Casey on Father Day late afternoon/evening during their huge and loud fight that the neighbors overheard (and Casey told Lee about).  The timing can't be more critical because it was within a few hours of Caylee's death.

Throttled = physical abuse
Cursing = mental abuse
Threating to take Caylee = mental abuse

I heard in the court room today more than just "sexual" abuse for mitigating factors....I heard the words "physical" and "mental". 

I really think we're hearing in court that the defense is going to go after Cindy, big time, and not just George/Lee.

I agree. All 3 of the A's are on Bozo's hit list.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1107 on: May 13, 2011, 10:14:02 PM »

Is he posting?
let me guess his news feed....

Working ALL day tomorrow.  Gee, thanks, Mumbles.   

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1108 on: May 13, 2011, 10:14:27 PM »

I got it!  They're going to claim "temporary insanity" for Casey.

Huge fight with mom, mom threatening to take Caylee away, mom throttling Casey, past abuse by brother, told mom about it and she said Lee was sleepwalking, Casey never taught coping skills (how could she have been when we've all seen that the A's only do bad coping), maybe even day molested her when she was much younger, yada, yada, yada.

Yep!  Temporary insanity.

OMG - it would only take one juror to believe it and the State would not be able to get a unanimous verdict.

No temporary insanity..unless it was coming and going..because she strted those computer searches on ways to murder back in March...that's a long time to be temporarily insane and have poor impulse control..no temporary insanity, no poor impulse control...just bad decision that result in her own death.

I hear you and agree with you.

But I'm talking about the defense (the ones that think all other are "dumb")

I know it's not temporary insanity....but the defense will claim it...maybe not in those exact word - but because of all the past history of sexual abuse and mental abuse and the current (as of the day) abuse - physical and mental - KC had not been taught coping skills and poor impulse control and she lost it - (i.e., temporary insanity)....

Now....I'm sure the prosecution will point out the very things you did....temporary is temporary and not months long...temporary doesn't include months of planning...(although, I think the cholorform was "originally" researched as a way to sedate Caylee so KC could party and I think the neck-breaking and making weapons from household weapons was really KC's planning to get rid of George & Cindy.  All her knowledge, though, IMO, culminated that day and was used on Caylee.)

Time will tell. I do think that George and Lee will be used for KC's history of problems, and Cindy will be used for the history of problems AND the day Caylee died. 

Oh...and can't wait to hear what the defense means about the parents using KC as a scape goat.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1109 on: May 13, 2011, 10:14:55 PM »

Effort to pick jury in Casey Anthony murder trial extends to weekend

Clearwater, Florida (CNN)

::snipping2::

By day's end, eight men and women had made it through various stages of the process at the Pinellas County courthouse and were still considered viable candidates to be on the jury in the trial of the Florida mother accused of killing her toddler. A total of 12 -- plus eight alternates -- will eventually be seated on the jury, which will be moved to and sequestered in Orange County, where the alleged crime happened and where the trial will take place.

CONTINUED..

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/05/13/florida.casey.anthony/index.html?section=cnn_latest
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1110 on: May 13, 2011, 10:19:58 PM »

Speaking of victim impact statements, the sad part is there'll be no one to speak about Caylee. Her family's only statements will be on behalf of the woman who killed her.
Sdb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1111 on: May 13, 2011, 10:21:08 PM »

C & G's attorney is going to be on ON THE RECORD in a minute.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #1112 on: May 13, 2011, 10:23:31 PM »

Huge fight with mom, mom threatening to take Caylee away, mom throttling Casey, past abuse by brother, told mom about it and she said Lee was sleepwalking, Casey never taught coping skills (how could she have been when we've all seen that the A's only do bad coping), maybe even day molested her when she was much younger, yada, yada, yada.

OMG - it would only take one juror to believe it and the State would not be able to get a unanimous verdict.

I guess I must not understand the law.  So, temporary insanity makes it okay to comitt murder and would be subject to aquittal?  What if they lose their sanity again temporarily and kill somebody else? 

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1113 on: May 13, 2011, 10:25:10 PM »

What's Bozo saying....surely he's not on there talking about the jury selection or the trial - if so, copy those posts and post the on SM...(we know he reads on SM).

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1114 on: May 13, 2011, 10:27:58 PM »

I guess I must not understand the law.  So, temporary insanity makes it okay to comitt murder and would be subject to aquittal?  What if they lose their sanity again temporarily and kill somebody else? 

No, no...temporary insanity doesn't make it of to murder.....but it won't stop this crazy defense team from claiming it in some fashion (whether they uses those exact words or not).

I can't wait to hear the opening statements.  Baez has repeatedly said we will know his defense right from the beginning and, just lately, he added: some may be shocked.   

Somehow I don't think he'll shock many monkeys...because the monkeys are not dumb.

Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1115 on: May 13, 2011, 10:30:14 PM »

What's Bozo saying....surely he's not on there talking about the jury selection or the trial - if so, copy those posts and post the on SM...(we know he reads on SM).
He might be checking on prospective jurors' Facebook pages, to see if they have one, or what kind of entries are on there.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1116 on: May 13, 2011, 10:31:05 PM »

Is he posting?

Just snooping.

OMGWTF

Malcolm X
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1117 on: May 13, 2011, 10:34:47 PM »

He might be checking on prospective jurors' Facebook pages, to see if they have one, or what kind of entries are on there.
He probably is.   Or maybe he's setting up a prank page...like the one found today???   Monkey Devil!

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1118 on: May 13, 2011, 10:36:54 PM »

He actually made one post on FB. He's not dumb enough to write about the case.

Gwen Kearney
Hi Jose, as you can see I tagged you in a photo below. This was taken on March 27, during the Frye hearings. Myself and family were in Kissimmee on vacation from Canada for three weeks in March, so I attended a 1/2 day hearing on the 27th.

It's a little bit funny regarding this picture. When Perry broke for lunch that day, I wanted to get my pic taken with you, so I followed you and your team out. you were being chased by the media, I was chasing after the media, and my husband, two kids and mother in law were chasing after me. lol. When the media left, I called out to you and you were gracious enough to get your picture taken.

I had to black and white the pic, as my eyes were closed (darn) and you can't notice it so much this way. lol. I should have gotten my son to take two pics. Anyway, thanks again for the pic, and praying that things will turn around and justice is served in this case. Take Care.

Gwen
Tuesday at 5:29pm · Like ·

Jose Baez Gwen it is a nice picture and it was nice meeting you.
44 minutes ago · Like

OMGWTF

Malcolm X
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1119 on: May 13, 2011, 10:38:21 PM »

He actually made one post on FB. He's not dumb enough to write about the case.

Gwen Kearney
Hi Jose, as you can see I tagged you in a photo below. This was taken on March 27, during the Frye hearings. Myself and family were in Kissimmee on vacation from Canada for three weeks in March, so I attended a 1/2 day hearing on the 27th.

It's a little bit funny regarding this picture. When Perry broke for lunch that day, I wanted to get my pic taken with you, so I followed you and your team out. you were being chased by the media, I was chasing after the media, and my husband, two kids and mother in law were chasing after me. lol. When the media left, I called out to you and you were gracious enough to get your picture taken.

I had to black and white the pic, as my eyes were closed (darn) and you can't notice it so much this way. lol. I should have gotten my son to take two pics. Anyway, thanks again for the pic, and praying that things will turn around and justice is served in this case. Take Care.

Gwen
Tuesday at 5:29pm · Like ·

Jose Baez Gwen it is a nice picture and it was nice meeting you.
44 minutes ago · Like
Gwen is a fruitcake.  Who knew Jose had a stalker?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.