April 28, 2024, 04:12:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: What day will the trial actually start?  (Voting closed: May 15, 2011, 11:55:11 PM)
This Tuesday as planned - 8 (8.7%)
Wednesday at the earliest - 21 (22.8%)
Thursday at the earliest - 44 (47.8%)
Friday at the earliest - 16 (17.4%)
It won't, she will make a plea deal - 3 (3.3%)
Total Voters: 92

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION-DAY 6- 5/14 - 5/15/2011  (Read 287594 times)
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1160 on: May 15, 2011, 09:49:59 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys! 

I see a lot of us are leaning towards Thursday for the trial to start.  I sure hope it does.  I'm not worrying too much about the woman who couldn't judge anyone and then decided she could vote for the DP.   The State will back strike her, imo. 

I'm taking today to get my home life somewhat prepared for the coming week so I will miss as little as possible.  lol   

Justice is coming Caylee and we are all here with you.

What's worrisome is that neither State nor Defense objected or challenged her. But on the other hand, maybe they didn't have a valid reason to issue an objection or challenge that the judge wouldn't have overruled. So hopefully you're right and the State will backstrike, which they really don't have to justify.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1161 on: May 15, 2011, 10:04:00 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/delay-casey-anthony-murder-trial-13606788
Possible Delay in Casey Anthony Murder Trial
A special court session failed to get a full jury seated.
05/15/2011

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1162 on: May 15, 2011, 10:05:15 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys! 

I see a lot of us are leaning towards Thursday for the trial to start.  I sure hope it does.  I'm not worrying too much about the woman who couldn't judge anyone and then decided she could vote for the DP.   The State will back strike her, imo. 

I'm taking today to get my home life somewhat prepared for the coming week so I will miss as little as possible.  lol   

Justice is coming Caylee and we are all here with you.

I am about to do the same..it is scary over here.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1163 on: May 15, 2011, 11:07:29 AM »

So we do not need to lock this one yet because today there will be no court? Not resuming until Monday, right?

Hi Nut!

Court resumes at 8:30 Monday morning.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1164 on: May 15, 2011, 12:19:35 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27899988/detail.html
Anthony Trial Now Set To Begin Thursday
Jury Selection Resumes Monday In Casey Anthony Murder Case
POSTED: Sunday, May 15, 2011
UPDATED: 10:39 am EDT May 15, 2011

CLEARWATER, Fla. -- Local 6 News has learned that the Casey Anthony murder trial is now set to begin on Thursday in Orlando.

Jury selection will resume in Clearwater on Monday, and it's expected to wrap up on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, social media appeared to be having an impact on jury selection Saturday in the murder case of Casey Anthony, who's charged with killing her daughter, Caylee.
 ::snipping2::

~ Peter Frampton
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1165 on: May 15, 2011, 12:22:06 PM »

islandmonkey
Rosalie Bolin

http://www.pdiblog.com/2005/10/crossing-line.html

Am I crazy OR did she not address this in the video her daughter made for a class at UCF that Blink posted about?

Absolutely, she addressed this. She said she thought they (her daughters) would be alright because they had such a strong support system.
She's a despicable, sick woman.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1166 on: May 15, 2011, 12:22:09 PM »

Thank you JSM, you are a sweetie.   

Samarie and Newfie, that is the difference between us and her.  I also do not believe she was physically abused in any way, maybe emotionally, and I certainly do not believe she was sexually abused. 
  an angelic monkey YVW Zoo.

I don't believe she was sexually abused, mentally or physically. I think she was the mental abuser of the family even as a young child. I remember the picture of her standing by the Christmas tree, she looked deranged then and she was probably only 6 or 7 years old. Reminded me of that old move The Bad Seed. JMO JSM

Think I found the image you are referring to, JSM.

Agreed, she looks a bit crazed there.

Something about her eyes ... especially her left one.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1167 on: May 15, 2011, 12:22:49 PM »

islandmonkey
Rosalie Bolin

http://www.pdiblog.com/2005/10/crossing-line.html

Am I crazy OR did she not address this in the video her daughter made for a class at UCF that Blink posted about?

Absolutely, she addressed this. She said she thought they (her daughters) would be alright because they had such a strong support system.
She's a despicable, sick woman.

~ Peter Frampton
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1168 on: May 15, 2011, 12:23:14 PM »

Personally, I'm betting on Thursday.  I really don't think they'll be ready until then.   

That's what I voted, too. (if we're lucky).

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1169 on: May 15, 2011, 12:24:48 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27900870/detail.html
Casey Anthony Jury Selection Takes Sunday Break
Selection Process To Resume Monday
POSTED: 11:53 am EDT May 15, 2011
UPDATED: 12:18 pm EDT May 15, 2011

No official date has been set for the start of the State vs. Casey Anthony trial in Orlando. Perry has indicated that he will give the selected jurors a one-day break before beginning opening arguments in Orlando. Jury selection resumes tomorrow morning in Pinellas County," Ninth Circuit Court spokeswoman Karen Levey said.

WESH 2 News and www.wesh.com will continue to carefully monitor every development in this case which is being watched around the world, and will bring you updates when they are available.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27900870/detail.html#ixzz1MRGd7cYc

~ Peter Frampton
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1170 on: May 15, 2011, 12:33:54 PM »

Ok, well I was researching for something this morning, re what Casey has said, and I found something completely different .. and weird. 

We have Rosalie Bolin, the new 'trial mitigation expert', who has joined the dream team. 

And in this interview with Casey, done on 10-14-2008, there is Jeffrey Scott Bolin, Special Agent, who takes part. 

Two questions.. Are these two people related in some way?  And if so, wouldn't this be a conflict of interest?  Not that Baez gives a flip about things ethical in this case, but still...

http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0305/18861794.pdf

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1171 on: May 15, 2011, 12:34:55 PM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2011/05/casey-anthony-murder-trial-set-to-begin-on-thursday/
PLEASE NOTE THE NINTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT OF FLORDIDA RELEASED THIS STATEMENT TODAY (MAY 15TH):

No official date has been set for the start of the State v Casey Anthony trial in
Orlando. Judge Perry has indicated that he will give the selected jurors a one day
break before beginning opening arguments in Orlando.

Jury selection resumes tomorrow morning in Pinellas County.

Thanks.

Karen Connolly Levey
Chief of Due Process Services

~ Peter Frampton
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1172 on: May 15, 2011, 12:42:27 PM »

What I've been looking for, and found on pg 10 at the link below, was this comment made by Casey:

"I try to keep an open mind when it comes to things, but if I'm innocent that's, that's as far as that goes. And as far as anything else on top of that... I'll take this as far as I need to to prove my innocence, which I guess is my point in all of this."

** Notice she doesn't say she "IS" innocent, she states "IF" I'm innocent. **

** I doubt that Casey will ever plea out, because it seems she intends to go to any length to prove her innocence.  We can look back and see just how far she is willing to go.  Scary indeed for her family, friends, acquaintances, and folks she doesn't even know.  **

IMO.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1173 on: May 15, 2011, 12:51:24 PM »

Ok, well I was researching for something this morning, re what Casey has said, and I found something completely different .. and weird. 

We have Rosalie Bolin, the new 'trial mitigation expert', who has joined the dream team. 

And in this interview with Casey, done on 10-14-2008, there is Jeffrey Scott Bolin, Special Agent, who takes part. 

Two questions.. Are these two people related in some way?  And if so, wouldn't this be a conflict of interest?  Not that Baez gives a flip about things ethical in this case, but still...

Great catch, Wycks.
He'd be related to the serial killer she's married to, though if it's the case, I doubt they see eye to eye (being an FBI agent and all).

OMGWTF

Malcolm X
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1174 on: May 15, 2011, 12:53:51 PM »

I've said since day 1 that Casey will never 'Plea Out'. That would mean she would have to admit to being guilty of 'something'... that will never happen. She will never admit responsibility, even IF it was an accidental death (  Rolling Eyes ) and she did what it took to hide it from everyone. Sociopaths never admit guilt, they only blame others.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1175 on: May 15, 2011, 12:54:23 PM »

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/High-Profile-Cases/Anthony/NewsAlerts/instructions%20to%20potential%20jurors.pdf

Instructions to Potential Jurors:

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1176 on: May 15, 2011, 01:10:41 PM »

Great catch, Wycks.
He'd be related to the serial killer she's married to, though if it's the case, I doubt they see eye to eye (being an FBI agent and all).

Thanks Curly!  And yeah I agree, I wouldn't think they would see eye to eye on things.  lol 

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1177 on: May 15, 2011, 01:23:35 PM »

I've said since day 1 that Casey will never 'Plea Out'. That would mean she would have to admit to being guilty of 'something'... that will never happen. She will never admit responsibility, even IF it was an accidental death (  Rolling Eyes ) and she did what it took to hide it from everyone. Sociopaths never admit guilt, they only blame others.

If they had not put her on the meds to calm her..there might have been a chance, possibly after jury selection to convince her to plea, but I agree..the defense, her family no one is going to get her to plea now.  The meds are doing their job, she is relatively calm..even in the face of so many saying they think she is guilty..does she even realize why mitigation has become such a huge part of this..because Hello Casey...even your defense team knows you will be found guilty.  Does she realize that the lady with the bullseye butt is there because she works with murders on death row?

I say take her off the meds and let her face what people have to say about her ..if she is uncomfortable, and scared I really don't care..so was Caylee and that didn't make her stop.  I think she needs to be made to sit there and hear all of this..not zoned out on some drugs.   That only seems just to me...even if they have to put her in restraints and use smelling salts under her nose to keep her conscious, then do that...but medicating her for jury selection..that's just too bizarre.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1178 on: May 15, 2011, 01:30:01 PM »

If they had not put her on the meds to calm her..there might have been a chance, possibly after jury selection to convince her to plea, but I agree..the defense, her family no one is going to get her to plea now.  The meds are doing their job, she is relatively calm..even in the face of so many saying they think she is guilty..does she even realize why mitigation has become such a huge part of this..because Hello Casey...even your defense team knows you will be found guilty.  Does she realize that the lady with the bullseye butt is there because she works with murders on death row?

I say take her off the meds and let her face what people have to say about her ..if she is uncomfortable, and scared I really don't care..so was Caylee and that didn't make her stop.  I think she needs to be made to sit there and hear all of this..not zoned out on some drugs.   That only seems just to me...even if they have to put her in restraints and use smelling salts under her nose to keep her conscious, then do that...but medicating her for jury selection..that's just too bizarre.

I agree with you both! 

And Gypsy, I agree they need to take her off whatever meds she may have been given to calm her down.  Too friggin bad if she is uncomfy during the proceedings.  Of course, it will be agonizing for everyone to watch her shenanigans.  Been wondering if at some point down the road Casey could ask for a mistrial because she didn't understand the proceedings because they doped her up.  Wouldn't put it past her, for sure. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1179 on: May 15, 2011, 01:49:18 PM »

NUT we are going to leave this thread until tomorrow morning. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.