April 28, 2024, 02:36:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: What day will the trial actually start?  (Voting closed: May 15, 2011, 11:55:11 PM)
This Tuesday as planned - 8 (8.7%)
Wednesday at the earliest - 21 (22.8%)
Thursday at the earliest - 44 (47.8%)
Friday at the earliest - 16 (17.4%)
It won't, she will make a plea deal - 3 (3.3%)
Total Voters: 92

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION-DAY 6- 5/14 - 5/15/2011  (Read 287583 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1300 on: May 15, 2011, 08:01:10 PM »

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/how-the-casey-anthony-murder-case-came-to-pinellas-county/1169847
How the Casey Anthony murder case came to Pinellas County
By Curtis Krueger, Times Staff Writer
In Print: Monday, May 16, 2011

Late on a Friday afternoon in January, Ron Stuart was working in the Pinellas Criminal Courts complex when he noticed something curious.

Two officials from the Orlando court system had shown up out of the blue. Stuart, public information officer for the local courts, knew the men. But they never said they were coming.

It turns out there was a reason for that. Stuart had stumbled upon a secret.

The secret came about because Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry wanted to find jurors outside of the Orlando area for an upcoming murder trial that was drawing such publicity it was being compared with the O.J. Simpson case.

So Perry privately asked Pinellas-Pasco Chief Judge Thomas McGrady for help. Perry needed Pinellas jurors to make his plan work. He needed a big courtroom. He needed security.

Most of all, he needed secrecy.
 ::snipping2::

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1301 on: May 15, 2011, 08:06:36 PM »

O/T

movie on life time
the holloway staory new
for those on the west coast it started at five here

Loca
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1302 on: May 15, 2011, 08:16:14 PM »

Wonderful TRIM is religiously updating that Trial Video thread with the videos.   

It is "wonderful".  Thank you Klaas and Trim.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1303 on: May 15, 2011, 08:21:48 PM »

Wonderful TRIM is religiously updating that Trial Video thread with the videos.   

It is "wonderful".  Thank you Klaas and Trim.

will there be a "best of" coming out soon?

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1304 on: May 15, 2011, 09:10:15 PM »

I thought the defense would have a long drawn out questionaire, heck the thing the send out for jury duty here has more questions on it than that one.

Wonder why they didn't ask on the questionaire... WHO ARE YOU???? 

Thanks JSM!!

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1305 on: May 15, 2011, 09:36:13 PM »

The reason I asked if that was the only questionnaire is because the one I had to fill out for the CIVIL case (years ago) I was on was pages long and very detailed.  I'm shocked at how short this one is.
Klaas, I was on Civil and they asked more questions on the form we had to mail in than this questionnaire. That why I was thinking there would have been more questions. Now that I read it, how can someone NOT know they have been charged with a crime. Seems to me like mugshot man was looking to get on the jury. JMO JSM

Wasn't he the guy that had the DUI? 

I thought he explained it as that was a misdemeanor, or he thought it was, as opposed to a felony.  But I don't know ..is DUI a felony or misdemeanor in Florida..

In most states a DUI is not a felony until the 3rd conviction, but Florida may be different. Even if someone has 3 arrests on it until they have been convicted they show none on their police record.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1306 on: May 15, 2011, 09:51:46 PM »

I have an aka as my FB name, doubt they could track it down unless I gave them the email I use for it, and that is a toss away email. I am always shocked to see FB walls open......mine has the tightest settings and a fake name (call me paranoid ) 

I am not particularly paranoid. I figure if someone wants to know about me they need not waste a lot of time looking as I will tell them. Many people are worried about home invasions but even that is not a big concern of mine. I have a "nice" surprise waiting for them. LOL  I traveled in my career pretty much alone for over 20 years and I honestly believe people with bad intentions KNOW who is easy prey and who is not.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1307 on: May 15, 2011, 10:04:21 PM »

I have an aka as my FB name, doubt they could track it down unless I gave them the email I use for it, and that is a toss away email. I am always shocked to see FB walls open......mine has the tightest settings and a fake name (call me paranoid ) 

I am not particularly paranoid. I figure if someone wants to know about me they need not waste a lot of time looking as I will tell them. Many people are worried about home invasions but even that is not a big concern of mine. I have a "nice" surprise waiting for them. LOL  I traveled in my career pretty much alone for over 20 years and I honestly believe people with bad intentions KNOW who is easy prey and who is not.

Well I guess I mean in the aspect that I don't want my ex-husband to ever figure out where I live and if he were to access FB and look for me, he couldn't find me under my name. LOL about the nice surprise, I have one too.....more than one to be honest but my favorite is my Glock 26 and I would not hesitate to use it if someone came in my home.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
CookieMonster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1308 on: May 15, 2011, 10:29:55 PM »

Hi, I'm new!  I have been lurking for a while, but joined so I could post.   

I think it's likely that at least some of the PJ's have open Facebook pages.  There are plenty of people who don't know how to set their Facebook to private, or don't bother.

In Florida, DUI becomes a felony on the 4th offense, or the 3rd in 10 years.  It is also a felony DUI if you caused bodily injury to someone or killed someone, even if it was a first offense.  The form actually asks if you've ever been accused of any crime, though - doesn't specify misdemeanor or felony, or whether you were convicted or not.  The answer should be "yes" for a lot of people. 

I'm surprised the form doesn't ask for more specifics.  In my county, they send you a questionnaire at home to send in before your jury duty date, and it's more detailed than this!  I guess they want to discuss the specifics face-to-face to gauge reactions.  Based on the revision date on the bottom of the form (1/08), I would guess this form is something fairly generic that is routinely used, not something that was specifically devised for this trial.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1309 on: May 15, 2011, 10:35:47 PM »

I think it's likely that at least some of the PJ's have open Facebook pages.  There are plenty of people who don't know how to set their Facebook to private, or don't bother.

In Florida, DUI becomes a felony on the 4th offense, or the 3rd in 10 years.  It is also a felony DUI if you caused bodily injury to someone or killed someone, even if it was a first offense.  The form actually asks if you've ever been accused of any crime, though - doesn't specify misdemeanor or felony, or whether you were convicted or not.  The answer should be "yes" for a lot of people. 

I'm surprised the form doesn't ask for more specifics.  In my county, they send you a questionnaire at home to send in before your jury duty date, and it's more detailed than this!  I guess they want to discuss the specifics face-to-face to gauge reactions.  Based on the revision date on the bottom of the form (1/08), I would guess this form is something fairly generic that is routinely used, not something that was specifically devised for this trial.

Welcome CookieMonster!  You're lucky you got in.  I just approved a handful of new members today but there are many waiting for approval.  Nice to have you posting with us.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1310 on: May 15, 2011, 10:38:24 PM »

Hi CookieMonster, and welcome!

Thanks for the info about DUI in Florida.

I agree, the jury form for PJ's is generic and nothing drafted specifically for this case.

Again, welcome aboard!

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1311 on: May 15, 2011, 10:41:33 PM »

Cookiemonster,

Welcome to the cage!

Puzzler

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1312 on: May 15, 2011, 10:50:51 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/matt-semino/casey-anthony-trial_b_862174.html

The Casey Anthony Trial, a Cult of Infamy

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1313 on: May 15, 2011, 10:53:30 PM »

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/pinellas/casey_anthony_jury_selection_preps051511

Jury selection in Anthony case continues Monday
We found out last week the jury will come from Pinellas County but officials with the 6th Judicial Circuit in Clearwater knew much earlier.

"We've been working on this, aware of it, and working on it somewhat since January," said 6th Circuit Public Information officer Ron Stuart.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1314 on: May 15, 2011, 10:55:40 PM »

Welcome to Scared Monkeys CookieMonster!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1315 on: May 15, 2011, 11:37:21 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/may/244853/Will-Casey-Anthonys-trial-start-Tuesday

Will Casey Anthony's trial start Tuesday?

By Jacqueline Fell, Reporter
Last Updated: Sunday, May 15, 2011 1:36 PM

CLEARWATER --

Prosecutors say they are doubtful the murder trial against Casey Anthony will begin Tuesday.

However, Judge Belvin Perry has not made an official announcement, and the court calendar has not been changed.

Jury selection has wrapped up for the day on Saturday and will pick up again in Pinellas County at 8:30 a.m. Monday.

In all, 31 jurors have been questioned in three days of jury selection. So far, 12 people have been retained as possible jurors.

::snipping2::
Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #1316 on: May 15, 2011, 11:59:55 PM »

Why does the defense keep harping on a victim impact statement? Do they know something we don't? Who is going to be speaking up for the victim? It's usually family, but which of them would ask for justice for the victim, when all they are concerned about is keeping KC alive?
Someone posted Friday that a family member can also write a victim impact statement that would be read.   I wish Shirley P. would do that.  I wish that a non family member could do this and then I would love to see Jesse G. do it.

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1317 on: May 16, 2011, 12:06:21 AM »

Very interesting article KittyMom, thankyou for posting.
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1318 on: May 16, 2011, 12:16:28 AM »

Welcome CookieMonster!!!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1319 on: May 16, 2011, 12:52:28 AM »

Why does the defense keep harping on a victim impact statement? Do they know something we don't? Who is going to be speaking up for the victim? It's usually family, but which of them would ask for justice for the victim, when all they are concerned about is keeping KC alive?
Someone posted Friday that a family member can also write a victim impact statement that would be read.   I wish Shirley P. would do that.  I wish that a non family member could do this and then I would love to see Jesse G. do it.

Very good question, Scatty.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.