April 28, 2024, 06:12:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: What day will the trial actually start?  (Voting closed: May 15, 2011, 11:55:11 PM)
This Tuesday as planned - 8 (8.7%)
Wednesday at the earliest - 21 (22.8%)
Thursday at the earliest - 44 (47.8%)
Friday at the earliest - 16 (17.4%)
It won't, she will make a plea deal - 3 (3.3%)
Total Voters: 92

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION-DAY 6- 5/14 - 5/15/2011  (Read 287599 times)
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #360 on: May 14, 2011, 01:03:30 PM »

How do these people live without TV or internet etc? I know alot of people who choose to live this way but I would spontaneously combust

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #361 on: May 14, 2011, 01:04:36 PM »

I just watched that video.  What an intelligent and awesome woman.  I know she had to be dismissed but I really liked her.

Morning Klaas ... she is the voice of reason and what every mon, dad and grandparent on the jury will think as well even if they do not say it openly. Checkmate Baez.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ogpDkKpLds

I agree!  

Partial transcript from the video:

Judge:  As a result of what you have gleaned from the news media and any conversations that you have heard concerning this case, have you formed any opinions or impressions about the defendant’s  guilt or innocence?

PJ:  Yes sir, but may I ask a question?

Judge: Yes mam

PJ:  On Monday morning you read a list of allegations

Judge:  Yes mam

PJ:  And did I understand correctly that there were, there was more than one allegation suggesting that she was uncooperative or unwilling to participate in the investigation?

Judge:  The allegations were, she was accused of providing false information to a law enforcement officer.

PJ:  Pertaining to the investigation of the crime?

Judge:  Yes mam

PJ:  O.K. then yes I do have an opinion

Judge:  O.K. and what is that opinion mam? (hear a deep breath by the PJ) and just be frank.

PJ:  O.K. I will.  I believe that to lose a child is the worst thing that this earth has to serve on anyone.  It changes the way you see the world, it is out of the natural order of things, no matter the circumstance of that loss.  My husband and I did lose a son in a car crash.  Being totally involved and cooperative with the investigation that included things like the grisly details of the ME reports, scene reports, everything that went into compiling an accurate homicide report as much as it hurt us, was our parental obligation.  And it is my conviction that any failure to participate or be engaged entirely in that process would probably overshadow my ability to be objective about actual commission of a crime.  I would see that as a guilt by omission if you will.

Judge:  Let me ask you this mam, as a result of your personal life experience...

PJ:  Yes sir

Judge:  And as a result of what you’ve just told me, do you think you could be a fair and impartial juror in deciding this case?

PJ:  After much thought, I do not think that I could be.  I believe that the opinion I just expressed would somehow overshadow my objectivity.

Judge:  As I told you before earlier mam one of the things we wanted to do was to have every juror be candid

PJ:  Yes

Judge:  And to search their conscience, and I commend you for your candor.

There may be other errors that I didn't catch, but I think "gleamed" should have been "gleaned" as I have changed it above in blue.

I wondered about that as I was typing it out, but didn't take the time to check the actual definitions of each word until now.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #362 on: May 14, 2011, 01:04:51 PM »

Oh, I do have an on-topic thought.

We keep saying "this guy or girl doesn't sound smart enough to understand the evidence". It is not up to the juror to be smart, it is up to the lawyers to make the evidence understandable.

I spend a lot of time listening to my lawyers (prosecutors) practice their presentations to the jury. I play the dummy...telling them when their language may be over the potential jurors head. Ya don't want to make the jurors feel stupid. It's all about the presentation.

So, some of these people, while not knowing as much as we do about this case, may well fit the bill.

I agree about presenting it to the jurors, but from working with people personally, I find if a person is lacking in intelligence or is poorly educated there is no way to explain complicated evidence to them and have them understand it well enough to make a reasonable decision.  It is like trying to teach Chemistry to a 1st grader. It can't be done.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #363 on: May 14, 2011, 01:05:43 PM »

How do these people live without TV or internet etc? I know alot of people who choose to live this way but I would spontaneously combust

Me too!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #364 on: May 14, 2011, 01:07:15 PM »

I like how CJBP is eliminating questions for the attys., at least I hope they will not repeat these questions.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #365 on: May 14, 2011, 01:07:48 PM »

I've noticed that whenever the judge is discussing death penalty/life in prison, Casey looks those PJ straight in the eyes and doesn't look around or doesn't readjust her clothing or move for that matter.  She gives those PJ's the evil eye!

In Georgia, they call that the "Stink-Eye"

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #366 on: May 14, 2011, 01:09:10 PM »

I use mine so much it would hard to be do without it, but when I go on vacation, I only take a cell phone and won't answer calls unless they are from one of my kids. I have gone a month many times with no news or computer. I get so tired of using them normally it is easy for me to turn them off.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #367 on: May 14, 2011, 01:10:12 PM »

I like how CJBP is eliminating questions for the attys., at least I hope they will not repeat these questions.

Me too.

We have only advanced ONE pj today. (9 have been dismissed.)

We need to get this jury seated!

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #368 on: May 14, 2011, 01:10:14 PM »

KC is sitting next to Finnell and has the bailiff behind her.She almost looks pretty   

Ugh, go was your mouth out with soap (assuming) young lady.  LOL.  She is ugly
on the inside and outside to me.

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #369 on: May 14, 2011, 01:11:30 PM »

So far so good with this PJ
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #370 on: May 14, 2011, 01:12:17 PM »

Me too.

We have only advanced ONE pj today. (9 have been dismissed.)

We need to get this jury seated!
I know Brandi, and I'm having some doubts.  Not a real good day today.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #371 on: May 14, 2011, 01:13:39 PM »

Me too!   

Don't have a TV and haven't for years. Should I tell everyone to stand back in case I cumbust. Monkey Devil!

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #372 on: May 14, 2011, 01:15:26 PM »

She called Caylee a sweet child.   

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #373 on: May 14, 2011, 01:16:29 PM »

wow this pj seems too good to be true..honest..smart..but not a phoney

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #374 on: May 14, 2011, 01:17:17 PM »

Good afternoon Monkeys,

Again I thank you for keeping us updated.

I just watched the video with the woman who had lost a son....my stomach literally turned as the camera showed a detatched KC.  I am done...there is no  hope for her.   She has no soul.  She will be fine regardless of what happens to her.

KC will rejoice if set free, will be a star in her own dramas if convicted, and regardless, will bask in the attention and drama.  She will write a book, she will think she can play herself in a movie...I honestly cannot look at her until the trial.

When I was a worker with CPS I would cry reading case  histories...even after hundreds and hundreds, I cried.  My brother is an incarcerted sociopath and yet I know areas of his heart that can be touched.  I would think KC would hurt each time Caylee's name is mentioned, let alone hear that she is dead, the deatails, or the condemnation of so many people.  Soul less.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #375 on: May 14, 2011, 01:17:49 PM »

Side note: courthouse is open only for Judge Perry right now. There was advisory court in am but that's it. #CaseyAnthony -fell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 1:14 PM

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/interactive.html

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #376 on: May 14, 2011, 01:18:28 PM »

They are only dismissing for "cause" right now -- correct? If each side has 10 strikes each, won't they need up to 35 (15 + 20) potential jurors passed??

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #377 on: May 14, 2011, 01:22:01 PM »

It's taken 6 days to get only 9! 

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #378 on: May 14, 2011, 01:22:10 PM »

Bozo is so awkward...putz  Monkey Devil!

NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #379 on: May 14, 2011, 01:22:45 PM »

Byass is sooo highly annoying!  Apparently he learned one thing in law school really well.  "May it please the court" ... that phrase is starting to annoy me!  I think he thinks it makes him sound like a real grown up lawyer.

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.