May 29, 2024, 01:11:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: What day will the trial actually start?  (Voting closed: May 15, 2011, 11:55:11 PM)
This Tuesday as planned - 8 (8.7%)
Wednesday at the earliest - 21 (22.8%)
Thursday at the earliest - 44 (47.8%)
Friday at the earliest - 16 (17.4%)
It won't, she will make a plea deal - 3 (3.3%)
Total Voters: 92

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION-DAY 6- 5/14 - 5/15/2011  (Read 288559 times)
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #1280 on: May 15, 2011, 06:42:06 PM »

Okay, something just came to me while I was walking Josef. It has to do with the defence doing research on the potential juror's FB. If your FB is set to private, how can they (DT) view your profile, posts etc on FB? Would they need a supoena to view it, if it is set to private? Just another random question that started bugging me. TIA JSM 

They might be able to get into the cached part when they google the name of the PJ.

I've been wondering the same thng...how did they get access to all these FB pages when so many people have them set to private these days? The thought crossed my mind that since they are at the courthouse and are probably plugged into their IP, there may be some provision that allows LE and the county access to websites and profiles not available to regular old folks accessing from anywhere USA. Or, maybe there was a general subpeona submitted to FB and myspace prior to the trial...

Hope that makes some sort of sense
So very confusing, I just wonder how they would get the IP address unless FB gave it to them. Not that I have anything to hide but it is kinda of scary.

I agree.  It is really scary.  I would assume they were able to find them because they are on FB with their real names and not everybody is set to private.  In this day and age, it is safest to not be on the internet at all any more. 

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1281 on: May 15, 2011, 06:42:23 PM »

REMINDER - for those that have to work.  We have the TRIAL VIDEO thread which has links to all the trial videos too. 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9832.msg1345015#new

Groovy Klaas!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1282 on: May 15, 2011, 06:43:24 PM »

Wonderful TRIM is religiously updating that Trial Video thread with the videos.   
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1283 on: May 15, 2011, 06:45:04 PM »

Trim rocks!

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1284 on: May 15, 2011, 06:45:14 PM »

Okay, something just came to me while I was walking Josef. It has to do with the defence doing research on the potential juror's FB. If your FB is set to private, how can they (DT) view your profile, posts etc on FB? Would they need a supoena to view it, if it is set to private? Just another random question that started bugging me. TIA JSM 

They might be able to get into the cached part when they google the name of the PJ.

I've been wondering the same thng...how did they get access to all these FB pages when so many people have them set to private these days? The thought crossed my mind that since they are at the courthouse and are probably plugged into their IP, there may be some provision that allows LE and the county access to websites and profiles not available to regular old folks accessing from anywhere USA. Or, maybe there was a general subpeona submitted to FB and myspace prior to the trial...

So very confusing, I just wonder how they would get the IP address unless FB gave it to them. Not that I have anything to hide but it is kinda of scary.

I agree.  It is really scary.  I would assume they were able to find them because they are on FB with their real names and not everybody is set to private.  In this day and age, it is safest to not be on the internet at all any more. 

I have an aka as my FB name, doubt they could track it down unless I gave them the email I use for it, and that is a toss away email. I am always shocked to see FB walls open......mine has the tightest settings and a fake name (call me paranoid ) 

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1285 on: May 15, 2011, 06:46:20 PM »

Trim rocks!
  Trimm does Rock!!!!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1286 on: May 15, 2011, 06:46:37 PM »

Hello monkees.  Down from the rafters to ask a question.

Has anyone else noticed that Geraldo has disappeared?  John Stossel is on in his place.  I hope it's not just because he is going to Orlando.  I'm sure FOX got a huge response to him saying he was going to Orlando and "raising hell".  Personally, I hope they fired the racist fool. 

Hi Don.

I don't personally follow Geraldo..so I don't even know what station or netwrk or whatever he works for.  He seems to be so exploitive and much ado about nothing.

But the judge is starting to be very strict with the jurors, so I would also assume the DT, about discussing anything outside the court room.  So I don't know how much of a scoop he could actually get from his old buddy Baez at this point. 

Since the trial hasn't started  yet..he is probably hanging out in Miami schmoozzing until he goes to Orlando.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1287 on: May 15, 2011, 06:46:51 PM »

Personally, I don't trust Facebook's security at all.  I would not have a personal facebook, there are just too many ways to get info.  In this case they could also be looking at old Myspace and other account.  I'm sure they have people digging just like we dig into suspected criminals internet footprint.
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1288 on: May 15, 2011, 06:48:46 PM »

JSM- I mean the DT has access because they are on the court room's IP, not that they have access to the pj's IPs. See, told you I wasn't making much sense...lol. Sorry for the confusion.

I bet someone on the DT also subscribes to all those "detective" type sites that pop out a background check when you plug in a name. You know, relatives, places lived, mortgages, bankruptcies, phone #'s, etc.  IMO the internet has made most of us public figures if anyone has a notion to do some digging.

Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1289 on: May 15, 2011, 06:50:51 PM »

I have an aka as my FB name, doubt they could track it down unless I gave them the email I use for it, and that is a toss away email. I am always shocked to see FB walls open......mine has the tightest settings and a fake name (call me paranoid ) 

I have a fake names too, for both myspace and FB. I only set the profiles up so I could track my son in Iraq...lol  I can't remember the last time I logged into either one.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1290 on: May 15, 2011, 06:51:56 PM »

The reason I asked if that was the only questionnaire is because the one I had to fill out for the CIVIL case (years ago) I was on was pages long and very detailed.  I'm shocked at how short this one is.
Klaas, I was on Civil and they asked more questions on the form we had to mail in than this questionnaire. That why I was thinking there would have been more questions. Now that I read it, how can someone NOT know they have been charged with a crime. Seems to me like mugshot man was looking to get on the jury. JMO JSM

Wasn't he the guy that had the DUI? 

I thought he explained it as that was a misdemeanor, or he thought it was, as opposed to a felony.  But I don't know ..is DUI a felony or misdemeanor in Florida..

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1291 on: May 15, 2011, 07:01:15 PM »

Trim rocks!
  Trimm does Rock!!!!

does someone have the link to the videos!
This is the only place I come on this site and am not good at nativaging through other areas
TIA

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1292 on: May 15, 2011, 07:02:18 PM »

REMINDER - for those that have to work.  We have the TRIAL VIDEO thread which has links to all the trial videos too. 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9832.msg1345015#new

Groovy Klaas!

lol never mind if I had scrolled down I would have found it! sorry for the bother lol.

Loca
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1293 on: May 15, 2011, 07:33:36 PM »

Hope this is not considered off-topic.

I really believe Judge Perry is doing a good job and I believe Caylee will get justice in his court.

I am not really rested up after the past week, but I am ready to see a jury seated, hopefully soon.

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1294 on: May 15, 2011, 07:45:03 PM »

CLEARWATER, Fla., May 15 (UPI) -- The Casey Anthony murder trail, scheduled to begin Tuesday, has been delayed because a jury has not been seated, court officials in Florida said.

Edit to fix broken link.  MB

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/05/15/Casey-Anthony-murder-trial-delayed/UPI-39301305473948/
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 09:59:10 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1295 on: May 15, 2011, 07:47:40 PM »

http://www.silobreaker.com/anthony-trial-now-set-to-begin-thursday-5_2264570567153680459
CASEY ANTHONY TRIAL SET TO START THURSDAY.

Loca
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1296 on: May 15, 2011, 07:50:14 PM »

Trim rocks!
  Trimm does Rock!!!!

Thanks, Trimm!

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1297 on: May 15, 2011, 07:51:56 PM »

Hello monkees.  Down from the rafters to ask a question.

Has anyone else noticed that Geraldo has disappeared?  John Stossel is on in his place.  I hope it's not just because he is going to Orlando.  I'm sure FOX got a huge response to him saying he was going to Orlando and "raising hell".  Personally, I hope they fired the racist fool. 
He was down here last week at the UDTNavy Seal Museum in Fort Pierce with his hot brother.. I was surprised to see John Stossel..usually he has Kimberly Guilfoyle sit in.. no loss.. he never gets the facts right anyways ..He was on live the night they got BinLadin and almost wee wee'd in his pants.. I think he will be back on for the trial

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
DonFL
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1298 on: May 15, 2011, 07:57:16 PM »

Bummer.  I was hoping FOX would take a hint and get rid of their resident wind sock.

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1299 on: May 15, 2011, 08:00:57 PM »

The reason I asked if that was the only questionnaire is because the one I had to fill out for the CIVIL case (years ago) I was on was pages long and very detailed.  I'm shocked at how short this one is.
Klaas, I was on Civil and they asked more questions on the form we had to mail in than this questionnaire. That why I was thinking there would have been more questions. Now that I read it, how can someone NOT know they have been charged with a crime. Seems to me like mugshot man was looking to get on the jury. JMO JSM

I have only been called once for jury duty  - it was a criminal case. I had to fill out a SHORTER form than that - and the one I was called for was a rather high profile case in the area.

I also did civil cases with very good attorneys for years and years and never used a jury questionnaire. My attorneys would rather get the information direct with the facial expressions and all.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.