March 19, 2024, 04:49:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Scamanthony "I Slaved Over a Hot Stove All Day" recipe cheat sheet  (Read 16213 times)
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« on: May 14, 2011, 07:29:56 PM »

Here's the place to post the quick dinner recipes.

My first offering: Phone numbers for places that deliver!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 07:42:24 PM »

Love the title! Very clever.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 07:45:30 PM »

Here's 3 easy dinners in one:

Make a large pot of chili. Then serve it 3 nights in a row. My DH does this (one good thing about cancer and getting a new job was that he took over cooking). True, by night 3, I'm in it more for the Ritz crackers than the chili, but it does the job.

for variety, eat it Chicago style. Open up a snack size bag of Fritoes and put the chili in on top of it. If you do it right, you don't even need a spoon....just a few napkins Smile

Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 07:53:18 PM »

Beef Stew That Will Cook for 10 Hours, or "How I Got Through Today's Mason Mumblin' Jury Questions"

Scroll down to see more beef stew recipes.
Ingredients:

10 small new potatoes, halved, unpeeled
    12 small whole white onions, peeled, fresh or frozen, thawed
    30 baby carrots, 8 ounces
    1 red or green bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
    1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
    2 cups beef broth
    1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
    1/4 teaspoon paprika
    1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    3 tablespoons cornstarch
    3 tablespoons cold water

Preparation:
Place potatoes, onions, and baby carrots in slow cooker. Add bell pepper and beef. In small bowl, combine broth, oregano, paprika, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Pour over meat and vegetables. Cover and cook on LOW 9 to 10 hrs. Turn pot on HIGH. In small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into cooked stew mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH 15 to 20 mins. or until thickened, stirring occasionally.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 07:55:03 PM »

1 800 Pizza Hut, Taco Bell big pack of burritos (freeze them, microwave for dinner), 7-11 sammiches, and if all else fails Chef Boyardee ravioli in a can 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 07:57:43 PM »

Southwestern Omelet (my family really liked this-I made some garlic bread too)-it was fast to make! I always keep black beans in the pantry and usually have fresh cilantro on hand.)

Ingredients
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 large egg whites
1 large egg
1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup (1 ounce) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup bottled salsa
 option *add some ham
Preparation
Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine beans, onions, cheese, and salsa in a medium bowl.
Heat a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into pan; let egg mixture set slightly. Tilt pan and carefully lift edges of omelet with a spatula; allow uncooked portion to flow underneath cooked portion. Cook 3 minutes; flip omelet. Spoon bean mixture onto half of omelet. Carefully loosen omelet with a spatula; fold in half. Cook 1 minute or until cheese melts. Slide omelet onto a plate; cut in half.
Karen Levin, Cooking Light
APRIL 2002
Cooking spray

Edit to add link. MB http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/southwestern-omelet-10000001038784/
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 10:54:26 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 08:10:47 PM »

My next menu is easy-and you also use the cilantro you got for the above recipe!

Baked fish-our choice is usually salmon-we like to have a sauce on the side with it, sour cream mixed with equal part of Greys Poupon.
or-Baked chicken

Open canned black beans. I use 2 cans. I add garlic (fresh if I have it, granulated if not), pepper, chicken cube, finely chopped onion, cilantro-and sometimes about a half inch of bacon thrown in.

With baked chicken I usually make brown rice, with Salmon I usually make rice or garlic mashed potatoes.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 08:19:33 PM »

Ziti Casserole

Ingredients:1 (1lb.) package Mostaccioli, Ziti, or Rotini uncooked (I use Ziti)
1 lb. bulk Italian sausage or lean ground beef, cooked and drained (I use half and half)
2 (26.oz.) jars Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce (like Classico)
4 cups (1lb.)shredded mozzarella cheese
Chopped Parsley (I did not use this)
Directions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare pasta as package directs. In large bowl, combine pasta, sausage, pasta sauce and 2 cups cheese. Mix well. Turn into greased 13x9-inch baking dish; cover. Bake 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Uncover; top with remaining 2 cups cheese and parsley. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese melts. Refrigerate leftovers.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 08:27:46 PM »

I'm just grilling everything on my George Forman Lean, Mean, Grilling machine.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 08:28:00 PM »

Tuesdays-most places have Taco Tuesdays-that is the night hubby brings home dinner. (He won't mind, they are cheap, and he likes them too)

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 08:36:58 PM »

One of our favorite salads, and one served in many restaurants...is the lettuce wedge. You take the head of lettuce, cut in half and then another half (make a nice sized wedge)...drizzle some ranch (or your fav dressing) on it...top with crumbled blue cheese or any cheese if you like, cut it with a knife when u eat it, and it is amazing how yummy it is! 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 08:55:48 PM »

No Pole Dancing Pasta

Cook some long pasta like fettuccine, spaghetti or spaghettini according to package and as much as required.

Once you put past in boiling water to cook, in a skillet sautee the following over medium heat for 3-5 mins:
1/2 medium onion sliced
2 red bell peppers julienned
3 cloves garlic minced
1 1/2 - 2 cups of any meat (beef, pork, or chicken) sliced thinly or shrimp
3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (reduce if you do not like spicy)
salt and pepper to taste

Stir in:
1  sour cream
1/2 cup chicken broth

simmer uncovered for 5 minutes to reduce sauce. Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese or any cheese you may have.

By now the pasta should be cooked, drain and toss in sauce and serve.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 09:04:09 PM »

Don't call me CMA fish

1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter or margarine softened
3 TBSP mayonnaise
2 TBSP lemon juice
1/4 tsp dried or fresh basil
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp celery seed or salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
4 - 6 fillets of your favourite fish

Heat broiler. Arrange fillets in a single layer on a greased  broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.  Mix everything else together in a bowl and set aside.  Broil fish a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture . Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with a salad or steamed veggies.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 09:10:38 PM »

Support Them Puppies Wraps

3 cups romaine lettuce leaves torn or chopped
1 medium tomato diced
1-2 slices of bacon crisply cooked crumbled per wrap
1/4 cup caesar salad dressing
1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese
4 (10 inch) flour tortillas

Combine lettuce, tomato, bacon and salad dressing in large bowl. Add cheese toss.
Spoon mixture evenly onto tortillas.  Roll up tortillas burrito-style. Wrap sandwiches in plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 09:19:44 PM »

You all are a hoot! I was a bit more serious about the food issue during this 

I am also trying to eat heart healthy, thus the baked chicken and fish.

I make the pot roast with the soups a lot...lol I am sure we all know that one.

Does anyone have some crock pot chicken recipes that are somewhat heart healthy?

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 09:31:47 PM »

Take Your Garden Hose and Shove it Chicken

1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken, rinsed
Quarter 3-4 potatoes
3-4 carrots cut into large pieces
1 medium onion quartered
1-2 cups chicken broth or water

Place a single layer of the coarsely cut veggies at the bottom of your crockpot. Stuff the rest of the veggies inside the chicken.  Season outside of chicken with , salt, pepper, paprika or whatever spices you like such as seasoning salt.  Pour chicken stock or water in crock pot to just cover the coarsely chopped veggies.  Place whole chicken on top.  Cook on high for 1 hour, then turn down to Low for about 8 to 10 hours.  If your crockpot is too small to hold a whole chicken you can do this with chicken parts as well.  Cooking time would be 1 hour on high and 6-8 hours on low then.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 10:07:19 PM »

If I had a Hammer Beef dip

The night before mix 1 cup mayonnaise and 2 cloves minced garlic.  Cover and put in fridge to get garlic mayo.

4 lb beef  roast like chuck.  No need to get a expensive cut of beef for this
1 TBSP minced garlic
1 tsp rosemary
2 bay leaves
1 cup soy sauce
6 cups beef stock or water.

Crusty buns sliced so they open.

Put every in crock pot and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.

Assembled buns with garlic mayo you made , shredded roast and then topped with cheese like  provolone , mozza, swiss, whatever you like. and broiled until cheese is bubbly. Served with au jus from crockpot and a green salad.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 10:51:16 PM »

CA=Nice cups when young - sagging when old cups

This is a recipe my teenage son invented and every where I have taken it, nothing but raves about them. They are really fast to make and can be frozen for later too by doubling or tripling the recipe. Teenagers & kids love these because you just eat them with your hands.

We really call them Micah Cups (name of the brilliant inventor) LOL

1-pound ground beef (or chuck)
3/4 cup hickory smoked barbeque sauce
2 tablespoons of onions *can use instant minced onions
5 heaping tablespoons of brown sugar (I prefer dark brown)
1- 8 oz can refrigerated canned biscuits
1 cup cheddar cheese shredded. (can use mozzarella or your favorite kind)

Heat oven to 400 degrees - In a skillet, brown your ground beef and onions (if not instant onions) , then drain any grease off.  Add your barbecue sauce, brown sugar. (add your onions at this stage if they are instant minced onions)

Separate your biscuits and put one biscuit in each of 12 un-greased muffin cups. (10 if your biscuits are a pack of ten) If only 10 biscuits put water in the other two cups. Press the dough up the sides of the muffin/cupcake cups. Spoon your meat mixture into the cups. (a little over half full) the sprinkle each one with the grated cheese.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 11:25:23 PM »

Ugly Coping Pepper Steak

2 pounds beef sirloin cut into 2 inch strips or you can buy presliced beef for stir fry
garlic powder to taste
3 TBSP olive oil
1 cube beef bouillon
1/4 cup hot water
2 TBSP cornstarch
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 large green bell peppers cut into slices
1 - 14.5 ounce can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 teaspoon salt

Sprinkle strips of beef with garlic powder to taste. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and brown the seasoned beef strips.  Place meat in crock pot.  Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved. Pour into the crock pot with meat. Add everythig but the peppers. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.  One hour before ready to eat add peppers.  Serve over rice.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 12:02:35 AM »

Monkey Devil!
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.