March 19, 2024, 04:38:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Scamanthony "I Slaved Over a Hot Stove All Day" recipe cheat sheet  (Read 16212 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 12:19:03 AM »

Y'all are cracking me up!!   

I have a couple of easy meals that are still all my sons favs to this day.  And my youngest is a chef with several pirated recipes from OG (Olive Garden), which have also become family favs.  (and nope he never worked at OG, lolol).. Shhhhhh! 

First, here's the easy fast meals:

(1)
Ingredients:
Rice a Roni -- chicken flavor, large family size (or two regular size)
Eggs - 2 per person
Directions:
Scramble eggs, set aside.  Make Rice a Roni according to pkg instructions.  When finished, add eggs, blend well.  Serve with something green (like green beans, lol).  Can also serve with applesauce, cranberry sauce, whatever family likes. 

(2)
Ingredients:
Hamburger Helper -- Mexican Cheesy Enchilada
1 lb hamburger
tortillas
Directions:
Make hamburger dinner according to pkg instructions.  Instead of serving it regular-like, spoon into tortillas, wrap up like burritos.  My sons LOVE these!!  Double everything up for a larger family or growing-guys-big-appetites.  Often I've made two doubled-up dinners and froze one for later.  Sons just warmed it up as needed.  <usually in the middle of the night, for the shift workers> 

(OG recipes are next)...

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2011, 12:26:57 AM »

OG's Alfredo Fettuccine

Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese - cut in bits
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup butter (preferred over marg., can still use tho)
1/2 cup milk
8 oz fettuccine - cooked, drained

Directions:
In large saucepan, combine cream cheese, parmesan, butter and milk, stirring constantly til smooth.  Toss pasta lightly with sauce, coating well.  Serves 4.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2011, 12:35:16 AM »

OG's Spaghetti Sauce

Ingredients:

2 lbs. hamburger
2 T. oil
1 (14 oz) can stewed tomatoes - cut up
6 oz V-8 juice
1 (16 oz) jar Prego spaghetti sauce
1 env. onion soup mix
1/2 cup grape jelly

Directions:

Brown meat in oil until pink is gone.
Stir in tomatoes, V-8 juice, Prego sauce, soup mix and grape jelly.
Cook, stirring often, for 15-20 minutes, or until jelly is melted and sauce is very hot. 
Mix into, or serve over, pasta of choice.
Serves 6 to 8.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2011, 12:42:50 AM »

OG's Sangria  

Ingredients:

1 and 1/2 liters Red Table Wine
1 cup grenadine
2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
1 and 1/4 cup sweet vermouth
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
strawberries, cut into thirds
oranges, sliced and quartered
crushed ice

Directions:

Mix all ingredients except for crushed ice.
Refrigerate 4 to 5 hours before serving.
Pour wine in glass and add crushed ice.  
Make sure each glass gets some of each fruit.  
(This makes one gallon).
Edit fix typo.  MB

« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 10:09:26 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 12:54:03 AM »

mods would you please edit the sangria recipe above for me?  should read 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup of sugar.  thanks!!

YW.  Fixed.  MB 

« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 10:10:23 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2011, 05:42:25 PM »

Arrested on a Fricking Whim BBQ Beef Roll

1 lb of ground beef, cooked and drained
BBQ sauce to your liking
Cheese Slices
2 pkgs of Crescent Rolls

Roll out one pkg of Crescent rolls to form a good size rectangle, pinching in those perforations to form 1 smooth rectangle. Place on cookie sheet.

Add BBQ sauce to ground beef, pour mix over top of crescent roll to within 1 inch of edges.

Top with cheese slices

Roll out last pkg of crescent rolls to same size rectangle and put over the top of BBQ beef. Pinch edges to seal. Prick top so it can breath.

Bake according to crescent roll directions, same oven degree, same time.

These are awesome and quick! You can also add additional ingredients like onion or peppers if you like.   

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 12:31:41 AM »

Crock Pot Chicken

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (can be frozen)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 package mixed veggies (or whatever kind you like)
garlic powder
pepper

Rinse chicken and then sprinkle with garlic powder and place in crock pot.  Put in a can of cream of chicken and cheddar cheese soup.  Then add about 3/4 can of water to the mixture.  Make sure the chicken is covered or at least partially covered.  Cook on high 4 hours or low 6 hours.  I cook the veggies on the stove and add them to the chicken due to picky eaters, but don't see why you couldn't put them in the crock pot the last couple of hours.  If you add the veggies you may need to add another can of cream of chicken.  I serve with mashed potatoes.  I'm going to try to put some chunks of potatoes in this during the trial so it will all cook together.  (less work)

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 04:49:17 PM »

yums..all sounds good,..
anybody else tried those Stouffers Easy Express? cooks in about 12-15 minutes in the microwave...with a veggie and hot rolls...very easy and really tasty..that is what hubs is having tonight cause I am going out with the girls..after listening to some of these pj today, I need some shots! lol  or a strong martini,or 2

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 12:38:52 PM »

From AOL homepage today! 

Hot Dogs and Sausages - 18 different ways!!

Everyone loves hot dogs and sausages. They're just so good it's hard to explain. Maybe it's the snap of biting in, or the flavor, or just the fact that they're easy to eat with your hands. Hot dogs and sausages are an American favorite--with European origins. The classic hot dog is also known as the Wiener or Frankfurter. They are typically long and thin and made of all beef. Bratwursts usually blend beef, pork, and veal to create thick sausages. These are best on hearty rolls topped with sauerkraut. The all-pork Italian sausage is spiced with fennel seeds and goes well with sauteed peppers and onions, all tucked into a hero.

Whether you boil, broil, or grill your hot dogs and sausages, we have a selection of recipes for all styles, including chili dogs, Chicago dogs, plus ones with an international twist, such as the Brazilian dog, Korean dog, and curry wurst.

Read more: http://www.kitchendaily.com/2011/06/15/18-new-ways-to-make-hot-dogs-and-sausage-sandwiches/#ixzz1QDD3jGcz
crazybabyborg
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2011, 02:20:45 AM »

"Mother (f'er) of the Year" Pasta

I got this from the food network, but have made it several times and it's GREAT! It's EASY, QUICK, YUMMY and perfect for a summer meal! I'll just post it directly from their website.

Penne with Brown Butter, Arugula, and Pine NutsRecipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Prep Time: 5 min Inactive Prep Time: -- Cook Time: 14 min

4 to 6 servings Ingredients
Dressing:
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 large lemon, zested and juiced
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Pasta:
1 pound penne rigate pasta
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, at room temperature
4 cups baby arugula
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts (see Cook's Note)
2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
Directions
For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper until smooth. Set aside.

For the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water.

In a high-sided skillet, whisk the butter over medium heat until melted. Simmer until foamy. Continue to cook until the butter has a nutty aroma and turns a caramel color, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the pasta, dressing, arugula, tomatoes, Parmesan, pine nuts, and capers. Toss until coated, adding the reserved pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time to loosen the sauce, if needed. Transfer to a large bowl and serve.

Cook's Note: To toast the pine nuts, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven until lightly toasted, 6 to 8 minutes. Cool completely before using.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/penne-with-brown-butter-arugula-and-pine-nuts-recipe/index.html
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.