March 29, 2024, 12:56:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION-DAY 8- 5/17/11  (Read 297208 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1180 on: May 17, 2011, 07:22:51 PM »

What a wierd day in court today.  Seemed mostly like a huge waste.  I see Baez is in his glory playing with the jury pool.

I had to go to a doctor's appointment earlier and when I came back, Baez and Ashton were talking to each other while the mic was on, and Ashton was saying he's really frustrated.  We just need to give him our word that we won't (something...mic off).

Would some kind monkey let me know what Baez and Ashton meant?  What was the judge so frustrated about?  TIA

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1181 on: May 17, 2011, 07:23:41 PM »

OK - monkeys I am slow - when I commented about the "gender" of the attorney, someone's reply was "It's Pat."  (I think maybe Brandi?)

I didn't get the joke.  can some one enlighten me?

I think they are referring to Pat, a character from Saturday Night Live.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It took me all day to quit the giggle and now this.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1182 on: May 17, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »

and what if 4 out of 5 say she is guilty and get excused?

Oh nooooooo. Hadn't thought of that.

what would happen in that scenario

It will be another black hole of wasted time - they will be in recess until 1:30 when the "remaining" pj's are supposed to be at the court house.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1183 on: May 17, 2011, 07:28:19 PM »

Was trying to get a shot of Jeremy Lyons.

I think that is him.

That is him Brandi, your correct.

btw, I noticed Rosalie Bolin has not been back to court.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1184 on: May 17, 2011, 07:31:10 PM »

its pat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwT1kp0C3Ss

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1185 on: May 17, 2011, 07:32:01 PM »

IMO, the judge should have the pj jurors questioned UNTIL he gets more and enough for his 12 and several preemptories....that way Baez can use up all his prempts and the Judge will still have 12 to swear in....at this rate, they may have to interview some additional pj's for their "first" hardship round of questions.

The judge has made a big mistake IMO in keeping the Farmville woman....SURELY, he won't make another mistake and ONLY have three alternates.  There are going to be juror problems with this trial and I say he should have at least four alternates and I'm even skeptical on that number.  I think there needs to be five alternates or the judge might be facing a mistrtrial. 

nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1186 on: May 17, 2011, 07:32:23 PM »

I don't know how to bring a post over from the old thread, but would like to thank NIKKI for bringing up Chiari and so glad her daughter is doing well.

That being said, I had an MRI of the Cspine years ago and found out I have Chiari I malformation. Would have never known, if not for the MRI. Just spoke to a radiologist I work for and asked if that could cause someone to murder their baby, he looked at me like WTF??? NO WAY he said would it cause a person to do that. So that is not a mitigating factor, sorry defence. Find something else for a mitigating factor.

Thank you so much...and I am so glad that so far,Chiari isnt wreaking havoc on you Smile That makes SEVERAL MONKEYS I HAVE MET IN THE LAST 24 HRS WHO HAVE CHIARI...WOW

"God dont like ugly"
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1187 on: May 17, 2011, 07:33:46 PM »

tks Brandi.....
It's been a while, took about 2 years off of the net.  I'm back..

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1188 on: May 17, 2011, 07:35:50 PM »

Guess what!!!!???

Today is a "full moon"!!!!!!!

No wonder it's such a wierd day in court!!!

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1189 on: May 17, 2011, 07:36:16 PM »

OK... I havent been able to follow as closely as some due to work and all but am looking and have been for about an hour now...can someone please fill me in on the farm lady or whatever yall are calling her? TYIA

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1190 on: May 17, 2011, 07:43:53 PM »

Casey probably wants some more young men on the jury.
Hope all the rest of the PJs are senior citizens.

LOL...me too....I think they are hoping for one more young guy who will think KC is his  dream girl.....someone she can flirt with. No children.  Do they really think young men are going to give her a pass? Young men become young fathers who ADORE their little girls.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1191 on: May 17, 2011, 07:44:30 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/05/17/cayleecasey-anthony-trial-prosecution-takes-a-hit-not-race-neutral/

Caylee/Casey Anthony Trial: Perry Plan In Effect Prosecution Takes A Hit-”Not Race Neutral” Defense Strikes Dwindle

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #1192 on: May 17, 2011, 07:45:38 PM »

OK... I havent been able to follow as closely as some due to work and all but am looking and have been for about an hour now...can someone please fill me in on the farm lady or whatever yall are calling her? TYIA

The farmville lady, although I did not hear all her testimony, when first questioned said she could not judge people because of her religion.  when she came back, she then said she could judge people if given the law and the facts prove the case, etc.  She also said she had no friends, but is on Farmville all the time.  She was just very wishy washy in what she had to say and I think folks think she changed her answers to get on the jury, but i could be wrong about why folks are upset.

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1193 on: May 17, 2011, 07:46:56 PM »

hey cubbeegirl! okay so, farmville lady is an older black lady (the only reason im emphasizing her race is because bozo kept talking about how the prosecution wanted to strike her bc shes a minority) who said during the original hardship questions that she has a hardship because she cannot sit in judgement of another person and doesn't feel that anyone should judge another human.  well, she wasn't dismissed for cause and was asked to come back.

during the second round of questioning, she completely changed her tune and did a 180.  She said she could judge someone and could sit on the trial.  It was literally the complete opposite of everything she had said the first day.  the prosecution tried to use a pc but they were overruled after baez started whining about the race issue, and I guess the state didn't give a good enough argument to the judge so he denied it and said she needed to be kept on.  then today, the prosecution tried to challenge the judges initial ruling and said that they thought she would hang the jury, but the judge stood by his initial ruling that she could not be striked.  i don't know all the rules and laws as to why he stood by that but thats the situation, so pretty much, farmville lady is in.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1194 on: May 17, 2011, 07:46:56 PM »

I don't know how to bring a post over from the old thread, but would like to thank NIKKI for bringing up Chiari and so glad her daughter is doing well.

That being said, I had an MRI of the Cspine years ago and found out I have Chiari I malformation. Would have never known, if not for the MRI. Just spoke to a radiologist I work for and asked if that could cause someone to murder their baby, he looked at me like WTF??? NO WAY he said would it cause a person to do that. So that is not a mitigating factor, sorry defence. Find something else for a mitigating factor.

Thank you so much...and I am so glad that so far,Chiari isnt wreaking havoc on you Smile That makes SEVERAL MONKEYS I HAVE MET IN THE LAST 24 HRS WHO HAVE CHIARI...WOW
  an angelic monkey Thank you Nikki, I don't have any trouble with it, I am glad your daughter is well. That is wonderful.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #1195 on: May 17, 2011, 07:48:02 PM »

I would be glad to give my take on her.  She is woman who said that for religious reasons, she would NOT be able to judge others.  The state did not take as long to ask her questions because everyone had just been told to move it along, they took too long on the last potential juror.  The defense and the judge finally got her to say that she could judge someone but it took a lot of coaxing and re-wording if you ask me.  The farmville nickname is because she said that she doesn't watch TV news, she just plays games on Face book.  She also said that she has no friends and the judge seemed to feel sorry for her when she said that.  The state tried to strike her and the judge wouldn't let them according to a ruling, she is African-American and the defense used that in trying to keep her.  The state tried to get her dismissed again today and even had the transcript but the judge refused and kept her anyway.  This is the first time, I feel the judge has made a HUGE mistake.  I am going to worry about this woman every single day of the trial.
Hope this helps.  Blink also just wrote an article about it, you can find it here:

http://blinkoncrime.com/

Hugs, Magic 

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #1196 on: May 17, 2011, 07:53:36 PM »

Wanted to add that Blink's new piece on the *Farmville* woman is a MUST read.  Just the title of it alone gave me shivers. 

http://blinkoncrime.com/

Hugs, Magic 

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1197 on: May 17, 2011, 07:53:51 PM »

Going out on a limb here, but wrt Farmville lady. She may be educated by other jurors that are more competent and can explain things to her in a way that would help her understand the evidence in the jury room. At least that is what I am hoping for right now. I didn't get to see her on her second go round, so I don't really know what she said and I am probably wrong. JMO JSM   

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1198 on: May 17, 2011, 07:53:52 PM »

The asswipe Geraldo posted this:  I can't post a link because it would link to my FB account and I do not care to give out the link to my FB account....but if you are on FB just do a search and ....uhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggggg like him and you can reply.  I did.  MODS if this is not acceptable without a link...please delete..you will not hurt my feelings

Geraldo Rivera
There is something blood-thirsty regarding the prosecutor trying to kill Casey Anthony-Between 3 & 5 kids a day are killed by their parents. Child murder is horrifying-but 3 to 5 are killed by parent's daily-think if states sought the death penalty in all those cases?! Picture the nation's death rows filled with mothers!That currently... doesn’t happen because courts understand the malignant psychological underpinnings of child murders. So why kill Casey? Not to remember Caylee- but to get cheesy political brownie points from Pretty Women Police. Reminds me of the lack of sympathy for Amanda Knox! Want big cable ratings, bash the attractive defendant. In other words, Casey & Amanda both had a headstart in life. So selfish heartless bitches must be guilty! -Geraldo

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #1199 on: May 17, 2011, 07:56:33 PM »

The asswipe Geraldo posted this:  I can't post a link because it would link to my FB account and I do not care to give out the link to my FB account....but if you are on FB just do a search and ....uhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggggg like him and you can reply.  I did.  MODS if this is not acceptable without a link...please delete..you will not hurt my feelings

Geraldo Rivera
There is something blood-thirsty regarding the prosecutor trying to kill Casey Anthony-Between 3 & 5 kids a day are killed by their parents. Child murder is horrifying-but 3 to 5 are killed by parent's daily-think if states sought the death penalty in all those cases?! Picture the nation's death rows filled with mothers!That currently... doesn’t happen because courts understand the malignant psychological underpinnings of child murders. So why kill Casey? Not to remember Caylee- but to get cheesy political brownie points from Pretty Women Police. Reminds me of the lack of sympathy for Amanda Knox! Want big cable ratings, bash the attractive defendant. In other words, Casey & Amanda both had a headstart in life. So selfish heartless bitches must be guilty! -Geraldo

He's a jerk, part of Dweebs are Us and Putz are us, along with Bozo.  So, only if mothers kill, nobody should seek the DP.  Ridiculous.  What about all those fathers that kill their children, they okay to seek the DP on?

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.