April 19, 2024, 05:39:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION-DAY 8- 5/17/11  (Read 297623 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #540 on: May 17, 2011, 01:10:37 PM »

This is never going to start this week.
there are 23 PJ left.
Why is JP letting them have lunch?
They practically had the entire morning off.

OK, lets so some math projections (excusing my stuffed up head & congested chest).    23 - half excused = 11/12  PC's left ?, i9f memory serves 5 State, 4 defense...its looking really iffy out of this pool to get 12 plus no less than 4 alternates.   Now, the issue is does the judge bring in another pool to be questioned here in Pinellas or does he start all over in OC?

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #541 on: May 17, 2011, 01:11:04 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/may/246192/Casey-Anthony-jury-selection-enters-Day-8,-down-to-11-potential-jurors
Casey Anthony jury selection enters Day 8, down to 11 potential jurors
Last Updated: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 1:04 PM

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #542 on: May 17, 2011, 01:12:08 PM »

did I understand JP to say they will only question 6 of the remaining 20 some PJs?
I think the prosecution was very surprised by this new information.
I bet the attys were all thinking they had many more to choose from.
I am lost.

I am certainly not sure, but I think that only 6 were called in for this afternoon, so as to not have them all waiting for eons, but the 11 PJ that have passed both rounds are there waiting to be sworn in.   

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #543 on: May 17, 2011, 01:12:56 PM »

Hey Cindy, I'm going to take all your mistruths and print them on t-shirts.  Do you want to trademark all those too?

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
crazybabyborg
« Reply #544 on: May 17, 2011, 01:13:44 PM »

I fear that CJBP rushing with jury selection, is going to come back to bite.  I really don't understand his logic here at all. It sounds as if we will have only 1 or 2 alternates at best if it goes his way.    That is not enough people for a lengthy trial away from home.  moo

I'm with you, tupelo! Also, if I recall correctly, alternates are not subject to strike.

Anyone else recall that?
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #545 on: May 17, 2011, 01:15:48 PM »

Hey Cindy, I'm going to take all your mistruths and print them on t-shirts.  Do you want to trademark all those too?

Do No Evil 
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #546 on: May 17, 2011, 01:16:24 PM »

I fear that CJBP rushing with jury selection, is going to come back to bite.  I really don't understand his logic here at all. It sounds as if we will have only 1 or 2 alternates at best if it goes his way.    That is not enough people for a lengthy trial away from home.  moo

I'm with you, tupelo! Also, if I recall correctly, alternates are not subject to strike.

Anyone else recall that?
That's true but I'm sure I heard JP say he would give each side on strike on alternates......If we have enough to do that with, of course.   

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: May 17, 2011, 01:16:37 PM »

I'm not sure how they can trademark a first name, despite what it is attached to.   I also questioned how they, not a biological parent that hasnt relinquished custody could trademark anything for that matter (the disrespectful joke of a foundation).  Her hell is coming, for me it couldnt occur fast enough.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #548 on: May 17, 2011, 01:17:17 PM »

My last post should say ONE strike ea. for alt.

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #549 on: May 17, 2011, 01:17:28 PM »

Good morning monkey's. Does anyone know if Farmville lady was stricken or did she make it? I smell a rat with her. She seems to have ulterior motives. First she could not cast judgement, then she could. First she was against the DP, then she wasn't.

She is still in, judge denied request by state to strike her, 2x.

Did the defense try to use a PC? Or just ask that she be removed for cause? If they were denied a PC, that's something I didn't know the judge could do. I thought all PC's had to be honored.

it was the prosecution who wanted her removed and they were denied the pc because they didn't specifically say that they were concerned she would "hang the jury" the first time they argued to have her removed. it is ridiculous. bozo then got up and made some huge whining tantrum about how it wasn't fair if he allowed to prosecution to do that so the judge agreed with the defense

IMO the judge should have thanked the lady and excused her for cause on the first go-round.  Justice is supposed to be blind.  That's why Lady Justice has a blindfold over her eyes.  She isn't supposed to see black, white, brown, yellow, etc.  And when she said she wasn't put on this earth to judge someone, and that's her religion, she couldn't  change her religious belief in a couple of days.  However, if she refuses to deliberate she can be replaced by an alternate.  But I don't suppose the judge would do that either.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #550 on: May 17, 2011, 01:20:03 PM »

Justice for murdered Caylee       I'm trademarking it as we speak! 

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #551 on: May 17, 2011, 01:21:14 PM »

I'm not sure how they can trademark a first name, despite what it is attached to.   I also questioned how they, not a biological parent that hasnt relinquished custody could trademark anything for that matter (the disrespectful joke of a foundation).  Her hell is coming, for me it couldnt occur fast enough.
They can. Disney applied to TM the name Seal Team 6..nice, huh? they want to use it to sell the same kind of crap they sell at the parks..lowlifes

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #552 on: May 17, 2011, 01:21:16 PM »

Good morning monkey's. Does anyone know if Farmville lady was stricken or did she make it? I smell a rat with her. She seems to have ulterior motives. First she could not cast judgement, then she could. First she was against the DP, then she wasn't.

She is still in, judge denied request by state to strike her, 2x.

Did the defense try to use a PC? Or just ask that she be removed for cause? If they were denied a PC, that's something I didn't know the judge could do. I thought all PC's had to be honored.

it was the prosecution who wanted her removed and they were denied the pc because they didn't specifically say that they were concerned she would "hang the jury" the first time they argued to have her removed. it is ridiculous. bozo then got up and made some huge whining tantrum about how it wasn't fair if he allowed to prosecution to do that so the judge agreed with the defense

IMO the judge should have thanked the lady and excused her for cause on the first go-round.  Justice is supposed to be blind.  That's why Lady Justice has a blindfold over her eyes.  She isn't supposed to see black, white, brown, yellow, etc.  And when she said she wasn't put on this earth to judge someone, and that's her religion, she couldn't  change her religious belief in a couple of days.  However, if she refuses to deliberate she can be replaced by an alternate.  But I don't suppose the judge would do that either.

i agree. i was shocked she wasn't excused for cause during the initial hardship questions
AzGrama
Scared Monkey

Addie, spoiled rotten Min Pin with ginormous ears!

« Reply #553 on: May 17, 2011, 01:21:33 PM »

Anyone else recall that?

Yes, I do recall that.  I think that is what JP is trying to warn them about.  If he gets to 12, they will be sworn, then he will go for alternates.  The 23 pj's have passed the first round of questions, hardship, but they haven't been questioned about publicity/death penalty, so you don't know what will come out of their mouths and they can't be struck.  Is that what you get?

Also I think ICA eats the jail's food.  I remember one day last week when JP said her meal had arrived and they took her in that back door.

Casey Anthony = Keyser Soze
    "The Usual Suspects"
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #554 on: May 17, 2011, 01:21:46 PM »

Justice for murdered Caylee       I'm trademarking it as we speak! 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #555 on: May 17, 2011, 01:25:56 PM »

Created in 2008, should I sue you Cindy?

Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #556 on: May 17, 2011, 01:27:16 PM »

Good idea
I'll start....

It was pizza!

Casey may be a liar, but it doesn't make her a murderer.

She's not in the woods....

Get off my property!

Casey is NOT a 

I searched for "chloropyll"

When all this is over, Casey will be MOTY!

NEXT!

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #557 on: May 17, 2011, 01:28:08 PM »

The A's will be spending some money if they trademark everything that bothers them. WOW, registration fee, $159 min.,...... to file $357 min.  That adds up real quick.   

Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #558 on: May 17, 2011, 01:28:41 PM »

Good afternoon to all Monkeys, I went back to read and can't find it and had to answer the phone when the guy that is suspicious of LE was being questioned was he denied or accepted?

Monkey hugs

"Always be a first-rate version of yurself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else" Judy Garland
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: May 17, 2011, 01:29:46 PM »

Good idea
I'll start....

It was pizza!

Casey may be a liar, but it doesn't make her a murderer.

She's not in the woods....

Get off my property!

Casey is NOT a 

I searched for "chloropyll"

When all this is over, Casey will be MOTY!

NEXT!

I gave the FBI the wrong hair brush

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.