April 27, 2024, 09:49:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION-DAY 8- 5/17/11  (Read 297760 times)
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1440 on: May 18, 2011, 12:21:34 AM »

I found what I was looking for, it's called an Allen Charge, or called dynamite charge, but having trouble finding if JP can exercise it if he has to. I don't recall Judge "Bo" in GA telling the jury to be leisurely in taking all the time they need in the Parker case as the link below gives in its example.

Link to description of allen charge...http://www.lectlaw.com/def/a105.htm

I know we're all certain that once the facts are laid out, the jury shouldn't have difficulty finding her guilty...nothing can really get around the 31 days, the trunk, the party pics, etc...but I'm worried about that one person that tends to lurk in juries at times that has trouble budging... and I'm feeling concerned miss farmville might be her.

The state has what 5 challenges left??

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1441 on: May 18, 2011, 12:28:11 AM »

Caylee Anthony's grandparents apply to trademark her name

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/17/caylee-anthonys-grandparents-trademark-her-name/?hpt=T2

Has this already been discussed? If so, could you head me in the right direction to read the feedback from the Monkey's. Thank You.. an angelic monkey

It can't be done.............they are blowing smoke again. They tried it once and it was turned down and I think this is just more blah, blah, blah, to scare off the vendors.

The Court noted that the statutory prohibition in the Lanham Act relates to “surnames”  and does not speak to the issue of first names.

[It should be noted that the Lanham Act also prohibits a trademark that:

(c) Consists of or comprises a name, portrait, or signature identifying a particular living individual except by his written consent, or the name, signature, or portrait of a deceased President of the United States during the life of his widow, if any, except by the written consent of the widow.]

The Court also noted that the discussion about personal names within the context of this case is not really about personal names at all since the product is not attached to an actual person seeking to use his or her personal name.  Instead, in the context of this case, the issue is whether or not the public has come to associate the name “Niles” with plaintiff’s stuffed camel and in that regard the name “Niles” is, as to the said goods, not really “descriptive” but “suggestive,” the latter category being entitled to more trademark protection than marks that are descriptive.  The Court said:

Suggestive marks are protected by trademark law without proof of secondary meaning. [citations omitted] Secondary meaning is not required because there are plenty of alternatives to any given suggestive mark. There are many more ways of suggesting than of describing. Suggestive names for camels include “Lawrence [of Arabia]” (one of Ty’s other Beanie Babies is a camel named “Lawrence”); “Desert Taxi,” “Sopwith” (the Sopwith Camel was Snoopy’s World War I fighter plane), “Camelia,” “Traveling Oasis,” “Kamelsutra,” “Cameleon,” and “Humpy-Dumpy.”

It further stated:

Treating the personal-name rule as a prohibition against ever using a personal name as a trademark (in the absence of secondary meaning) would lead to absurd results, which is a good reason for hesitating to press a rule to its logical limit, its semantic outer bounds

http://www.ivanhoffman.com/personalnames.html

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1442 on: May 18, 2011, 12:35:25 AM »

Someone needs to tell these loony toons they are lying like a dog about getting a trademark and someone needs to tell the incompetent media what the laws are so these idiots don't get any exposure for such nonsense again.

Personal Name (Trademark) Law & Legal Definition

Personal name of an individual, which may be a first name, a family name, or a complete name cannot be registered as a trademark. It can be provided registered as a trademark if the name demonstrates a secondary meaning. Personal names cannot be the subject of trademark protection without any secondary meaning. For the purposes of trademark registration, secondary meaning may be assumed after five years of continued and exclusive use of a mark.

Certain personal names are used as trademarks, such as Chanel, Levis, Versace, and Gucci. These personal names are protected by trademark law because they have accomplished the objective of forming an association in the mind of the consumer which links the individual products with its manufacturer or distributor.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/p/personal-name-trademark/

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1443 on: May 18, 2011, 12:39:12 AM »

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/17/caylee-anthonys-grandparents-trademark-her-name/?hpt=T2

Has this already been discussed? If so, could you head me in the right direction to read the feedback from the Monkey's. Thank You.. an angelic monkey

Hi KTF, not sure where to send you but we did discuss it.  Most of us think it's ridiculous and I'm not sure if it's even possible.  I think BLINK did a post on her site.  www.blinkoncrime.com
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1444 on: May 18, 2011, 12:40:52 AM »

I found what I was looking for, it's called an Allen Charge, or called dynamite charge, but having trouble finding if JP can exercise it if he has to. I don't recall Judge "Bo" in GA telling the jury to be leisurely in taking all the time they need in the Parker case as the link below gives in its example.

Link to description of allen charge...http://www.lectlaw.com/def/a105.htm

I know we're all certain that once the facts are laid out, the jury shouldn't have difficulty finding her guilty...nothing can really get around the 31 days, the trunk, the party pics, etc...but I'm worried about that one person that tends to lurk in juries at times that has trouble budging... and I'm feeling concerned miss farmville might be her.

The state has what 5 challenges left??

So they can still get farmville thrown out? The way the judge talked to LDB about it, sounded like it was in stone...like she's there to stay.
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1445 on: May 18, 2011, 12:44:16 AM »

Here's a link to some conversation about it earlier today...http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9895.msg1347830#msg1347830

Unbelievable that they're still trying to get this accomplished. 
CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1446 on: May 18, 2011, 12:46:58 AM »

I used to like Geraldo, and I thought he got a bad rap sometimes, but now I am wishing that hurricane had hit him a little harder.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1447 on: May 18, 2011, 12:47:10 AM »

I wish I could be sleeping right now

wants to sleep, but my sheep are in prison for eating the "do not remove under penalty of law" tag from my mattress... BAD BAD SHEEP ! I never stay up this late and I am dead tired
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1448 on: May 18, 2011, 12:48:47 AM »

Hi KTF, not sure where to send you but we did discuss it.  Most of us think it's ridiculous and I'm not sure if it's even possible.  I think BLINK did a post on her site.  www.blinkoncrime.com

Thanks Klaas and Trubo. Just happened to be browsing the news sites and came across this, and just about threw up.

Justice For Caylee

::justice2NJ::

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1449 on: May 18, 2011, 12:54:10 AM »

Thanks NickandNora. Just got done reading that portion of the thread and feel a bit better that they won't have a chance. God bless all the Monkey's! an angelic monkey

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1450 on: May 18, 2011, 01:24:06 AM »

Did  any of you  have an opportunity to catch that cluster moment after a break, when the defendANT was in tears and AF was wagging the finger in her face? which part of the hearing was that?
thanks in advance.

Loca
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1451 on: May 18, 2011, 01:30:02 AM »

Loca -I think Turbo posted some screen caps of that a couple pages back.
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1452 on: May 18, 2011, 01:35:20 AM »

Loca -I think Turbo posted some screen caps of that a couple pages back.
thanks klaas
I will go look for it.

Loca
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1453 on: May 18, 2011, 01:38:52 AM »

I wish I could be sleeping right now

wants to sleep, but my sheep are in prison for eating the "do not remove under penalty of law" tag from my mattress... BAD BAD SHEEP ! I never stay up this late and I am dead tired

Angie, you need to lay down and at least rest your body. You need to take care of yourself. Your son is in the best place for him and now itis time for you to take care of yourself.
Besides, girl, we got a jury to seat and a trial to hold!!!!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1454 on: May 18, 2011, 02:38:28 AM »

Guys? It's 2:35am Eastern and there hasn't been any posts in a while, but I want to give you a 3 minute heads up that I'm going to close this thread and link to the next one. When I do, please don't let it interrupt any discussion........ just do it on the next thread. Thanks!!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1455 on: May 18, 2011, 02:44:19 AM »

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTINUE TONIGHT'S DISCUSSION ON THE NEXT THREAD!

DAY 9:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9899.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.