May 28, 2024, 04:07:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION- DAY 9- 5/18/11  (Read 187754 times)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1000 on: May 18, 2011, 06:39:04 PM »

Does anyone find it curious that the trademark thing came about today as well as this unexplained delay? Maybe Baez was going to try to stop Cindy and George's efforts for the trademark, or the two were connected in some other way.

I keep thinking about the letter yesterday where KC looked upset. I thought that might be the trademark news, and so maybe today Baez was attempting to legally respond in some way?
I thought the same thing CBB, that's why she got upset and read it in her lap. It was after the news came out about the trademark on Caylee's name.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1001 on: May 18, 2011, 06:40:02 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I probably am, but I thought that once jury selection began that any offer made previously would then be taken off the table. And if that's the case, there can be no plea deal in the works.
A plea can be accepted any time it's offered. Lots of our jury trials settle the morning the trial is scheduled to start. The trick is, tho, to get a deal that the prosecution feels is fair.

For this skank, the only plea I'd offer is taking the DP off the table, offering her only LWOP (life without parole).
Tevye, can the prosecution deny a plea?????? TIA JSM

JSM, the prosecution is the only one who can OFFER a plea. Defense can ask for one, but prosecution doesn't have to give them one. he he he, this is my favorite part of my job, watching the defense almost beg for a deal and getting turned down!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1002 on: May 18, 2011, 06:41:31 PM »

Does anyone find it curious that the trademark thing came about today as well as this unexplained delay? Maybe Baez was going to try to stop Cindy and George's efforts for the trademark, or the two were connected in some other way.

I keep thinking about the letter yesterday where KC looked upset. I thought that might be the trademark news, and so maybe today Baez was attempting to legally respond in some way?

KC was definately upset yesterday over that note.

Baez what not in court at the end of the day yesterday - he left before court was dismissed.

Are those two things related to today's, obviously, hurried close of court.

Couldn't tell why JP was talking so fast he couldn't get the annoncement that court would convene in the morning at 8:30 said quickly enough.

Was Perry irritated at Baez or what?

Is Baez filing an appeals against Perry.

Anyone in the team could do that....it wouldn't take the lead attorney....

I'm tending to thing it was something personal wrt Baez himself.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1003 on: May 18, 2011, 06:41:34 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I probably am, but I thought that once jury selection began that any offer made previously would then be taken off the table. And if that's the case, there can be no plea deal in the works.
A plea can be accepted any time it's offered. Lots of our jury trials settle the morning the trial is scheduled to start. The trick is, tho, to get a deal that the prosecution feels is fair.

For this skank, the only plea I'd offer is taking the DP off the table, offering her only LWOP (life without parole).
Tevye, can the prosecution deny a plea?????? TIA JSM

JSM, the prosecution is the only one who can OFFER a plea. Defense can ask for one, but prosecution doesn't have to give them one. he he he, this is my favorite part of my job, watching the defense almost beg for a deal and getting turned down!
      I feel so much better, because when the judge said court is adjourned, the prosecutors had a WTF look on their face. So that tells me there is no plea in the works.   

Thanks so much Tevye 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1004 on: May 18, 2011, 06:43:08 PM »

Why wouldn't they have done this long ago? As for images, how many pics have been already provided to the media by the family for $'s?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1005 on: May 18, 2011, 06:44:41 PM »

I thought the same thing CBB, that's why she got upset and read it in her lap. It was after the news came out about the trademark on Caylee's name.

I read that the same way, JSM. She was really upset when it was on the desk, but she took it to her lap, head down, and read it. I really think that was news of the trademark.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1006 on: May 18, 2011, 06:45:06 PM »

Why wouldn't they have done this long ago? As for images, how many pics have been already provided to the media by the family for $'s?
Red, I may be wrong, but I think Blink posted that they had tried it earlier and failed (may have been yesterday I read it) if I am wrong I sincerely apologize.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1007 on: May 18, 2011, 06:45:45 PM »

Would the jury selection process not begin following the defence rejecting a plea deal?  In other words ... at this point in time should a trial not be a given?

Just asking.

Janet

BUMPED

Janet she can ask, through her attorneys, for a plea deal up until the trial starts..the morning of the trial at 6 am they could theoritically iron out a plea deal..infact that is when most take place...right before the actual trial begins. 

That makes sense.

Thanks Gypsy DD.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1008 on: May 18, 2011, 06:46:06 PM »

Baez Says "Private Matter" Led To Early Court Dismissal
Posted: 5:28 am EDT May 18, 2011
Updated: 4:18 pm EDT May 18, 2011

PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry unexpectedly dismissed court on Wednesday after returning from an extended lunch recess on day 9 of Casey Anthony's murder trial.

"Mr. Mason, have you had an opportunity to discuss the matter with Ms. Anthony?" Perry asked.

"I have, Your Honor," Mason said.

"Anything you need to add?" Perry asked. "OK, this court will be in recess until 8:30 tomorrow morning."

<snipped>

http://www.wftv.com/news/27933910/detail.html

Not for nothing, but that quote is incorrect, that is not what JP asked him.  He specifically asked him if had CONFERRED with his client on "the matter."

Important Distinction, imo.

Hmm, popped back in to check on the latest.  Wow, yes, conferred is completely different in meaning to me.  It means she has important input and not just being told.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1009 on: May 18, 2011, 06:46:08 PM »

I read that the same way, JSM. She was really upset when it was on the desk, but she took it to her lap, head down, and read it. I really think that was news of the trademark.
Thanks CBB, I just remember her looking all pizzy after she read it.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1010 on: May 18, 2011, 06:47:58 PM »

Would the jury selection process not begin following the defence rejecting a plea deal?  In other words ... at this point in time should a trial not be a given?

Just asking.

Janet

BUMPED

If there was a Plea deal then there would be no need for jury selection to continue.  I do not believe apPlea is the reason.  I think more likely some BS reason for Baez to stall the proceedings. 
That's the point Klaas -- the judge HAS to act like it is business as usual when a plea deal is being negotiated in the background. The State HAS to agree to it. If they announce a plea bargain is being "negotiated" -- the public then KNOWS she is guilty. If the "deal" falls through unapproved by the State -- the defendent would NEVER get a fair trial as guilt has already been admitted. I think this is why it is hush, hush.

Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #1011 on: May 18, 2011, 06:48:25 PM »

Makes me wonder when that despicable family will put out their own line of Caylee merchandise.  Before or after their evil spawn is found guilty.  I am sure they their attorney looking into it, trying to figure out what would get them the most money.

Justice for Caylee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs, Magic 

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1012 on: May 18, 2011, 06:49:56 PM »

Who knows, Red? It's the Anthony's. Everything is about money, attention, manipulation, and self. Maybe the defense team strategy angered them so they decided to hit back (Cindy, particularly, loves to hit back) and make a bunch of money at the same time.   
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1013 on: May 18, 2011, 06:51:48 PM »

Who knows, Red? It's the Anthony's. Everything is about money, attention, manipulation, and self. Maybe the defense team strategy angered them so they decided to hit back (Cindy, particularly, loves to hit back) and make a bunch of money at the same time.   

BLOOD MONEY   

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1014 on: May 18, 2011, 06:53:48 PM »

Just asking.

Janet

BUMPED

Janet she can ask, through her attorneys, for a plea deal up until the trial starts..the morning of the trial at 6 am they could theoritically iron out a plea deal..infact that is when most take place...right before the actual trial begins. 

That makes sense.

Thanks Gypsy DD.

Janet

There's an old addage among lawyers that contains the phrase, "Courthouse steps deals". It's pretty common.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1015 on: May 18, 2011, 06:54:28 PM »

Personally I think it's some BS stall tactic by Baez

Couldn't agree more, his not speculating comment is very telling if you ask me.  Nothing in this case makes any sense, why would we think it would start today?  I just can't figure out why Judge Perry would go along with anything at this stage of the trial.  So many questions and so few answers.

Klaas, are we still protected by freedom of speech to say "Justice for Caylee"?  I love the way it sounds but if we can't please delete and let us know.

Hugs, Magic 

Why would you NOT be able to say Justice for Caylee?  That's why we are all here right?

I just realized why you asked.  The copyright thing.  Until told otherwise, I say Justice for Caylee is still ok.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1016 on: May 18, 2011, 06:55:18 PM »

I went back and rewatched todays court procedings.

In part one, http://www.wftv.com/video/27938803/index.html

In the first few minutes JP has a conversation with Baez concerning the jury issues.

The state claims they weren't noticed, JP asks if Baez noticed the state, and if it's in writing.

Baez gives his usual speil and JP states "Don't be surprised if I keep you here late." 

So, today was supposed to be a late day.

Regardless what is going on elsewhere, (re: C&G Anthony) getting a jury seated/taking a plea- whatever is in the best interest of his client, should be Baez's priority.

Unless taking this time off is something that would benefit his client, he should be in court.

I wouldn't want my attorney taking the day off. 

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1017 on: May 18, 2011, 06:55:22 PM »

Well put, Cubby! Blood Money is exactly what it is!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1018 on: May 18, 2011, 06:57:07 PM »

Personally I think it's some BS stall tactic by Baez

Couldn't agree more, his not speculating comment is very telling if you ask me.  Nothing in this case makes any sense, why would we think it would start today?  I just can't figure out why Judge Perry would go along with anything at this stage of the trial.  So many questions and so few answers.

Klaas, are we still protected by freedom of speech to say "Justice for Caylee"?  I love the way it sounds but if we can't please delete and let us know.

Hugs, Magic 

Why would you NOT be able to say Justice for Caylee?  That's why we are all here right?

I just realized why you asked.  The copyright thing.  Until told otherwise, I say Justice for Caylee is still ok.

http://www.wftv.com/news/27940971/detail.html

::snipping2::

The Anthonys' attorney, Mark Lippman, said they also trademarked the phrase "justice for Caylee" after everything from hats to underwear were being sold with the phrase.

A cease and desist letter was also sent to two websites selling the merchandise.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1019 on: May 18, 2011, 06:57:51 PM »

Baez Says "Private Matter" Led To Early Court Dismissal
Posted: 5:28 am EDT May 18, 2011
Updated: 4:18 pm EDT May 18, 2011

PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry unexpectedly dismissed court on Wednesday after returning from an extended lunch recess on day 9 of Casey Anthony's murder trial.

"Mr. Mason, have you had an opportunity to discuss the matter with Ms. Anthony?" Perry asked.

"I have, Your Honor," Mason said.

"Anything you need to add?" Perry asked. "OK, this court will be in recess until 8:30 tomorrow morning."

<snipped>

http://www.wftv.com/news/27933910/detail.html

Not for nothing, but that quote is incorrect, that is not what JP asked him.  He specifically asked him if had CONFERRED with his client on "the matter."

Important Distinction, imo.

Hmm, popped back in to check on the latest.  Wow, yes, conferred is completely different in meaning to me.  It means she has important input and not just being told.

Ack, never mind, I see that the quote was wrong.  Bottom line, in this case we will continue to say until the end....YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP~~~

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.