June 07, 2024, 05:18:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION- DAY 9- 5/18/11  (Read 187970 times)
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1140 on: May 18, 2011, 08:55:46 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I probably am, but I thought that once jury selection began that any offer made previously would then be taken off the table. And if that's the case, there can be no plea deal in the works.

you are correct.....once the jury is sworn in any pleas deal is null and void.

Wow..not in my state ..the plea was denied prior to the jury..yes that plea is off the table..however that does not stop her from requesting her attorneys to request a plea deal at anytime prior to trial.  That's the way it is in my state..and I would think anywhere...the state offers a plea..you don't have to accept..but up until the trial begins you can offer to plea..rather the state and defense can agree is another story.  But here..most plea deals aren't struck until the 11th hour before the trial itself begins and after the jury has been chosen. 

GDD, I wasn't sure so I asked a defense atty in Orlando just to make sure.....I thought pleas could be made until the trail started.  here's the exact words in response to my question: if a plea deal is on the table but it is off the table once a jury is sworn in
Well that would explain why Baez became "ill" when the judge wanted to swear in the 12....
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1141 on: May 18, 2011, 08:55:56 PM »

I think they said on NG that the only deal she'd accept was 10 yrs., not that it was offered to her.

That was Leonard Padilla's opinion. Value it accordingly. 

Oh crap...why in the hell does she have him on...he is as full of crap as she is

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1142 on: May 18, 2011, 08:55:59 PM »

I think they said on NG that the only deal she'd accept was 10 yrs., not that it was offered to her.

I think they said that is what was originally offered to her... I rewound it...
And yes, I know how valuable Leonards opinion is....remember he thought he could get her to talk...

Yeah, that's true.
That was the deal before Caylee's body was found.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1143 on: May 18, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »

I think she's saying "do it".

Now I'm leaning towards Bozo left to file a motion against the Anthony's.
Casey is not happy with their copywriting plans and she wants to quash it.

ditto curly

I too ditto that! it has to do with cindys  sneaky ways with the trademark. I mean if they think casey will go free would they be doing this?
doesnt make sense that they would do that!

JMO, but I think KC is the only one who thinks she is gonna lie her way out of this...everyone else knows she is guilty. EVERYONE of those attorneys know she is guilty.....they are all anti DP....that is the only reason they are there. Not that they think she is innocent. I believe that with all my heart. Early on, I friended JB on FB. I asked him why are you doing this? She is guilty. At the time I wasn't sure what she was guilty of.....other than being responsible for Caylee's death. He replied in part,  I am just trying to save her life.  He didn't say, she is innocent in the message...just that he was working to save her life.

I totally agree with every word of your post Sunny...

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1144 on: May 18, 2011, 08:56:07 PM »

Thanks for reposting the video, Klaas! I was trying to bump the post for luvmyboys and the video wouldn't show up!   
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1145 on: May 18, 2011, 08:57:00 PM »

Oh crap...why in the hell does she have him on...he is as full of crap as she is

LOL... I didnt even put NG on I had that channel on earlier and did not change it...Crazy

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1146 on: May 18, 2011, 08:57:26 PM »

Can any observant monkeys check out this video clip starting at about 11:27. I see Jose (basing it on the color of his jacket and his ring) coming over to talk to Casey. She seems to tell him to Go Away. Does anyone else see this?
http://www.wftv.com/video/27938803/index.html

I enlarged it, it seems like Mason's large ring on right hand with red stone, that's speaking to her.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1147 on: May 18, 2011, 08:58:25 PM »

I do think the defense is enjoying some optimism bolstered by the Farming Church Lady. The first phase has to be unanimous and she worries me.

me too...me too

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1148 on: May 18, 2011, 08:58:55 PM »

There ya go.... we don't need a lipreader! Red figured it out perfectly!!!!!!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1149 on: May 18, 2011, 09:00:17 PM »

I do think the defense is enjoying some optimism bolstered by the Farming Church Lady. The first phase has to be unanimous and she worries me.

me too...me too

I am praying she got hold of some of those germs floating around in that courtroom and has to be replaced by an alternate....jeez if we ever get far enough to get alternates...

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1150 on: May 18, 2011, 09:00:44 PM »

YIKES, I cannot believe Marc Klass just said Casey would have no problem with prison and female sexuality, she would welcome it. WOW, and I thought my lip reading was avaunt guard.

How do you really feel Marc? 

I do agree with him on then political suicide ... no way prosecution better have offered a sweethear deal. Not with this case.
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1151 on: May 18, 2011, 09:01:06 PM »

Tyvm klass Smile
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1152 on: May 18, 2011, 09:01:46 PM »

YIKES, I cannot believe Marc Klass just said Casey would have no problem with prison and female sexuality, she would welcome it. WOW, and I thought my lip reading was avaunt guard.

I do agree with him on then political suicide ... no way prosecution better have offered a sweethear deal. Not with this case.

I agree Red! Emotions are running too high on this case....

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #1153 on: May 18, 2011, 09:03:48 PM »

Monkey Devil! I loved how he said that, then followed it with "she will enjoy playing and being played".  Not sure if that's an exact quote, but it's close.  In context it made me giggle, cause I think he meant conning and getting conned, but he said it right after that little ditty about sex with the girls.  Monkey Devil!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1154 on: May 18, 2011, 09:04:27 PM »

IMO the lady who used religion as an excuse put up reasons that were conflicting

Monkeys, keep up the Good Works, Love, IBE

Red... stiff chin up! We will try to support you whenever we can! SM is the one of the good sides of the Internet!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1155 on: May 18, 2011, 09:04:30 PM »

Can any observant monkeys check out this video clip starting at about 11:27. I see Jose (basing it on the color of his jacket and his ring) coming over to talk to Casey. She seems to tell him to Go Away. Does anyone else see this?

I enlarged it, it seems like Mason's large ring on right hand with red stone, that's speaking to her.

Brandi~

Can you get a screen shot of the hand with the ring on the chair, I believe it is Mason speaking with casey at the 11:25 mark.

Thanks for the clarification!!

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1156 on: May 18, 2011, 09:04:36 PM »

Monkey Devil! I loved how he said that, then followed it with "she will enjoy playing and being played".  Not sure if that's an exact quote, but it's close.  In context it made me giggle, cause I think he meant conning and getting conned, but he said it right after that little ditty about sex with the girls.  Monkey Devil!

I heard him on there another night saying pretty much the same things...made me giggle too...

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #1157 on: May 18, 2011, 09:06:21 PM »

I'm not sure why, but I also thought she was talking to JB, but good catch on the ring.  I missed the actual episode and had to catch the bits and pieces.  So, what was she telling Mason to do?  Then, JB abruptly leaves?
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1158 on: May 18, 2011, 09:07:32 PM »

I think they said that is what was originally offered to her... I rewound it...
And yes, I know how valuable Leonards opinion is....remember he thought he could get her to talk...
I could be wrong, but was only offered once in 08.
Here's the deal of 08.
http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/0829/17335521.pdf

Again who knows maybe their was one on the table till the jury was seated too.

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1159 on: May 18, 2011, 09:14:16 PM »

Does anyone find it curious that the trademark thing came about today as well as this unexplained delay? Maybe Baez was going to try to stop Cindy and George's efforts for the trademark, or the two were connected in some other way.

I keep thinking about the letter yesterday where KC looked upset. I thought that might be the trademark news, and so maybe today Baez was attempting to legally respond in some way?
I thought the same thing CBB, that's why she got upset and read it in her lap. It was after the news came out about the trademark on Caylee's name.
You might be onto something. I don't think Casey has lost her rights to Caylees name yet since she hasn't even gone to trial yet. She might be upset about their presumption.
The A's applying for a Caylee trademark is equivalent to them admitting KC is guilty...

YES..Nobody is getting this..it is their smack in the face to Casey.  They have drawn the line..finally..they are not going to put up with this nonsense of her having a bad childhood, sexual abuse, any abuse.  Seriously..have we seen anything close to that..we have seen the opposite..parents trying to cover for their child.  I do not like the A's..but I do not believe Casey had a horrible childhood full of every kind of abuse. 
She is a sociopathic killer and her parents are finally seeing that she is going to throw them under the bus..and they are not ready to accept that. 

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.