April 27, 2024, 11:47:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION- DAY 9- 5/18/11  (Read 187028 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1340 on: May 19, 2011, 12:51:22 AM »

Just think, once we all go to sleep and wake up, we'll all know what's up over our first cup of coffee!

That's true...for me coffee & one eye open....we're all gonna need a spa vacation by the time this trial concludes.   Rest well monkeys!

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1341 on: May 19, 2011, 12:52:03 AM »

http://www2.tbo.com/news/news/2011/may/19/MENEWSO3-judge-in-anthony-case-suspends-jury-selec-ar-208457/
Judge in Anthony case suspends jury selection

Loca
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1342 on: May 19, 2011, 12:53:06 AM »

I love how Mumbles tell the reporters to back away and get away from them at the beginning of this video.  He appears to not be having fun anymore. 

http://www.wftv.com/video/27940747/index.html

Hee hee hee. 

It's so easy to get under his scales skin.

Thanks for the laugh.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1343 on: May 19, 2011, 12:53:15 AM »

The state and the defense could have been working out the details of this negoitiation all week behind the scenes for all we know.

I do not believe there was any plea negotiation at all.   Also, when we began voir dire last Monday it was said that CBJP addressed Casey and asked her if she wanted to consider a plea, she declined.
They are NEVER going to admit they are plea bargaing -- EVER .........until a deal is done.  Plea deals are essentially reached in over 90% of all cases.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1344 on: May 19, 2011, 12:56:07 AM »

The state and the defense could have been working out the details of this negoitiation all week behind the scenes for all we know.

I do not believe there was any plea negotiation at all.   Also, when we began voir dire last Monday it was said that CBJP addressed Casey and asked her if she wanted to consider a plea, she declined.
They are NEVER going to admit they are plea bargaing -- EVER .........until a deal is done.  Plea deals are essentially reached in over 90% of all cases.

Absolutely correct.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1345 on: May 19, 2011, 12:57:41 AM »

Don't know if this has been brought up, but if JP did dash back to Orlando for whatever reason, perhaps Bozo was used as  a diversion -- not coming back after lunch etc....Basically running a road block for JP/stalling tactic?????
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #1346 on: May 19, 2011, 01:12:39 AM »

In Sessions keeps replaying the video. JP really is pizzed, IMO. I'm thinking a plea wouldn't have that effect on JP, but an appeal would.

He's pissed because it affects his rulings & with the knowledge that time is of the essence, IMHO.

Why is time of the essence? I do not understand what the rush is. This is a high profile case. Can someone please explain why such a short time was scheduled for jury selection? And trial for that matter.

Hi Shell! 

JP seems to be very aware of the cost to taxpayers if this drags out....... at least he's verbalized that many times. That's all I can think of.

And because he is currently borrowing the Pinellas Count court house for almost 2 weeks and they (Pinellas) need it back.  Nobody else would host this trial, from what he has said.  It brigns tons of media to their town.  It costs their police to be redirected to guard the court room, the suspect, the lawyers, etc., taking them away from their regular jobs.  Why couldn't he bus in jurors to Orange county for Jury selection?

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1347 on: May 19, 2011, 01:17:55 AM »

Well, I guess we will find out more in a little over 7 hours! G'night Monkeys! 

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1348 on: May 19, 2011, 01:19:16 AM »

Well, I guess we will find out more in a little over 7 hours! G'night Monkeys! 

Goodnight, Wreck.  See you at coffee!

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1349 on: May 19, 2011, 01:19:46 AM »

Also remember, in April some time there were worries that this trial would not be able to go on due to lack of money in Orlando.  Then, some loan was given that would fund them through May, well it is the end of May now.  I bet money is getting low. 

The judge spoke to the Pinellas county chief judge and was given until Saturday to wrap this up.  He has to be out by Saturday, so unless that judge gives them more time again, he has to be done by Saturday.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1350 on: May 19, 2011, 01:20:49 AM »

Don't know if this has been brought up, but if JP did dash back to Orlando for whatever reason, perhaps Bozo was used as  a diversion -- not coming back after lunch etc....Basically running a road block for JP/stalling tactic?????

Good question Babs.  I think they are up to no good. I wouldn't put any thing pass the defense to stall any which way they can.  Don't come after me but what if JP called an emergency meeting with his other Judges. Because of all Baez's whining. To make sure he gets the case law correct so Baez can't come back and appeal. That's why the abrupt calling it a day. Just thinking out loud.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1351 on: May 19, 2011, 01:29:23 AM »

Also remember, in April some time there were worries that this trial would not be able to go on due to lack of money in Orlando.  Then, some loan was given that would fund them through May, well it is the end of May now.  I bet money is getting low. 

The judge spoke to the Pinellas county chief judge and was given until Saturday to wrap this up.  He has to be out by Saturday, so unless that judge gives them more time again, he has to be done by Saturday.

The defense is between a rock and a hard place- they have 1 more strike and 11 jurors.

There are 14 pt jurors remaining.  I believe they get 1 challenge for the alternative after the 12th juror is seated.

Someone correct me if I am incorrect.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1352 on: May 19, 2011, 01:31:25 AM »

The defense is between a rock and a hard place- they have 1 more strike and 11 jurors.

There are 14 pt jurors remaining.  I believe they get 1 challenge for the alternates after the 12th juror is seated.

In other words, they are in check-mate

self edited~

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1353 on: May 19, 2011, 01:31:39 AM »

One question, why were her attorneys in her holding cell then return to court after lunch and Judge Perry ask Mason if he had discussed the matter with his client, he affirmed yes and BOOM that was it.....

I doubt it is anything personal with Bozo, nor that the little runt is sick (even germs would have nothing to do with him), so what does that leave besides Bozo leaving the case {but I thought Casey would have to file papers thru Cheney or someone else on the DT) or a plea deal which I know was offered before the jury selection started, but once they saw the vast majority thought she was guilty, I could see a plea for the following reasons:

1- DT feels they can not win and better to get LWOP than risk the DP after listening to the PJ's
2-The state would have basically accomplished justice as she might very well have ended up with LWOP anyway
3-It saves the state a crapload of $$$$ - if she plead out, no appeals IIRC and it is a sure bet vs a mistrial by a hung jury by Farmville whackjob

Just tossing around a few ideas before I crash, and hope like hell we will know tomorrow because if not we should be able to sue Bozo for something (if he hasn't been disbarred).

Night Monkeys 

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1354 on: May 19, 2011, 01:40:26 AM »

There are 14 pt jurors remaining.  I believe they get 1 challenge for the alternative after the 12th juror is seated.

He and his client did this to their selves.  Too bad so sad, I say.  Out of the 14 left, unless the state uses a strike or duffense uses their last strike, of if they are struck for cuase, the next one would be on the jury, so there is their jury.  The other 13 would not matter, except for possible alternates.  this is what is pissing bozo off.  he wants to be allowed to hear them all before picking his last one or usiNG his last strike in my opinion.  He wanted to just have all these PJs sit in a room for however long he decides to take for him to chose which ones he wants and to hae to put their lives on hold indefinitely until his hinus (spelling) is ready, not that the next one goes on to the a juror.   He wants a magic number of jurors just at the ready for him.  I am so glad the judge is thinking of these poor jurors lives too and not for nothing but their mental health, and anger, when deciding the jury process. 

I may be alone here, but if I had to sit there for 2 weeks just to find out I had been stricken, with no pay all this time, or if I had been picked and it takes any longer than it is taking to actually start the trial, I would start out hating their client.  That would not be good for havign unbiased jurors, in my opinion. 

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1355 on: May 19, 2011, 01:47:51 AM »

Zoo said :I may be alone here, but if I had to sit there for 2 weeks just to find out I had been stricken, with no pay all this time, or if I had been picked and it takes any longer than it is taking to actually start the trial, I would start out hating their client.  That would not be good for havign unbiased jurors, in my opinion. 

So true Zoo you have to wonder what the defense is thinking when they pull as this chit.  They keep saying they want unbiased jurors but their actions can't help but make them bias.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1356 on: May 19, 2011, 01:52:43 AM »

Good question Babs.  I think they are up to no good. I wouldn't put any thing pass the defense to stall any which way they can.  Don't come after me but what if JP called an emergency meeting with his other Judges. Because of all Baez's whining. To make sure he gets the case law correct so Baez can't come back and appeal. That's why the abrupt calling it a day. Just thinking out loud.

green eyes you may have something there!!! it totaly makes sense.

Loca
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1357 on: May 19, 2011, 01:55:41 AM »

He and his client did this to their selves.  Too bad so sad, I say.  Out of the 14 left, unless the state uses a strike or duffense uses their last strike, of if they are struck for cuase, the next one would be on the jury, so there is their jury.  The other 13 would not matter, except for possible alternates.  this is what is pissing bozo off.  he wants to be allowed to hear them all before picking his last one or usiNG his last strike in my opinion.  He wanted to just have all these PJs sit in a room for however long he decides to take for him to chose which ones he wants and to hae to put their lives on hold indefinitely until his hinus (spelling) is ready, not that the next one goes on to the a juror.   He wants a magic number of jurors just at the ready for him.  I am so glad the judge is thinking of these poor jurors lives too and not for nothing but their mental health, and anger, when deciding the jury process. 

I may be alone here, but if I had to sit there for 2 weeks just to find out I had been stricken, with no pay all this time, or if I had been picked and it takes any longer than it is taking to actually start the trial, I would start out hating their client.  That would not be good for havign unbiased jurors, in my opinion. 

I believe you are right.

they do get paid for sitting there.  I know I did when called for jury duty.  Got paid for 2 days sitting around twiddling my thumbs- 50.00 per day, not 30.00.

Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #1358 on: May 19, 2011, 02:02:32 AM »

I have never wanted to be awake at 5:15am, as I do tommorrow.  Now if I could just get tired enough to go to bed.  It is only 11pm here for me and that is early.  Hopefully, we will have answers in the morning.  Goodnight monkeys and sweet dreams.

Hugs, Magic 

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #1359 on: May 19, 2011, 02:03:09 AM »

I may be alone here, but if I had to sit there for 2 weeks just to find out I had been stricken, awith no pay ll this time, or if I had been picked and it takes any longer than it is taking to actually start the trial, I would start out hating their client.  That would not be good for havign unbiased jurors, in my opinion. 

They are paid each day they are told to come to court whether they are selected to serve or not.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.