June 07, 2024, 12:28:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION- DAY 9- 5/18/11  (Read 187981 times)
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #480 on: May 18, 2011, 12:27:13 PM »

If they are losing the courtroom after tomorrow what is next? JP said after the close of business tomorrow they are out of there.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #481 on: May 18, 2011, 12:27:16 PM »

I hate to belabor this point but I stand  by my opinion - which is all it is. Think about KC - motor home trip ect - all grandiose thinking that will never happen. I think this is the same thing with this guy. When he blew off yesterday and did not fill out the form he sent my BS meter out of control. But it is JMO

I suspect you are right on your feeling about this one. I also wondered if he was an alcohol or drug user the way he answered and the way he had so many jobs and a grandiose attitude when he is nothing.

I'm sorry Turbo, but IMO everyone is something.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #482 on: May 18, 2011, 12:31:18 PM »

If they are losing the courtroom after tomorrow what is next? JP said after the close of business tomorrow they are out of there.
Turbo, I think at the end he said that they will have the or a courtroom until Saturday.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #483 on: May 18, 2011, 12:31:57 PM »

I am not saying that the last prospective juror should have been seated as a juror.  What I am objecting to has already been stated.  However, if this man were a registered sex offender or had a criminal record, he would have been excused for cause.  The fact that the State had to use one of their preemptive strikes to keep him off the jury indicates to me that neither of the above is true.  He was somewhat antagonistic to Mr. Ashton and I would think that would be worrying to the State. Other than that, I have no further opinion on the matter. 

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #484 on: May 18, 2011, 12:33:08 PM »

Why does this article say they "tradmarked" Caylee Anthony and Justice for Caylee, when they just applied?  Why doesn't WFTV check it's facts better?  

Casey's parents, George and Cindy Anthony, have trademarked the name Caylee Anthony, in order to stop companies from selling merchandise.

The Anthony’s attorney, Mark Lippman, said they also trademarked the phrase "justice for Caylee" after everything from hats to underwear were being sold with the phrase. A cease and desist letter was also sent to two websites selling the merchandise.

http://www.wftv.com/news/27933910/detail.html

I am beginning to think Lippman is as big a BSer as bozo. He can send out all the "cease & desist" letters he wants but if I was selling that merchandise, I would laugh in his face. They may have recently applied for "justice for Caylee" as that is a specific phrase, but until their trademark is granted they don't have any legal standing, not to mention if someone has been using (which many have) that since 2008 they won't approve that trademark for the Anthonys. It only takes one person who has been using it to keep the trademark from being approved. I will look up the applications for recent trademarks to see if that is even true.

Just as I suspected...........BS again by the Anthonys

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchss&state=4007:mk9k10.3.1
 I just wonder what Cindy holds over these attorneys that they go public with these ridiculous statements?

A hammer?  

A stake?

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: May 18, 2011, 12:34:16 PM »

The chief judge of Pinellas and Pasco counties would now allow them to use the Criminal Justice Center up to and including Saturday.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #486 on: May 18, 2011, 12:35:40 PM »

Turbo, I think at the end he said that they will have the or a courtroom until Saturday.

I just realized that as I missed that part. Thanks. When JP was talking about Liberty county, I was thinking how in the heck is he going to the panhandle?  He sounded as if he had checked out all the counties and there was no where but a community center there. If they were going to use a community center, why not one in the area they were already in?

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #487 on: May 18, 2011, 12:38:28 PM »

Does anyone remember what happened with Casey's car?  Just wondering if they are still holding it somewhere as evidence. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #488 on: May 18, 2011, 12:40:23 PM »

Why does this article say they "tradmarked" Caylee Anthony and Justice for Caylee, when they just applied?  Why doesn't WFTV check it's facts better?  

Casey's parents, George and Cindy Anthony, have trademarked the name Caylee Anthony, in order to stop companies from selling merchandise.

The Anthony’s attorney, Mark Lippman, said they also trademarked the phrase "justice for Caylee" after everything from hats to underwear were being sold with the phrase. A cease and desist letter was also sent to two websites selling the merchandise.

I am beginning to think Lippman is as big a BSer as bozo. He can send out all the "cease & desist" letters he wants but if I was selling that merchandise, I would laugh in his face. They may have recently applied for "justice for Caylee" as that is a specific phrase, but until their trademark is granted they don't have any legal standing, not to mention if someone has been using (which many have) that since 2008 they won't approve that trademark for the Anthonys. It only takes one person who has been using it to keep the trademark from being approved. I will look up the applications for recent trademarks to see if that is even true.

I just wonder what Cindy holds over these attorneys that they go public with these ridiculous statements?

A hammer?  

A stake?

Omg, I must of missed that one.  Wonder if this one going into the trial.
Omg.....

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: May 18, 2011, 12:40:37 PM »

Does anyone remember what happened with Casey's car?  Just wondering if they are still holding it somewhere as evidence. 

Yes, still in OCSO custody

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #490 on: May 18, 2011, 12:42:43 PM »

I hate to belabor this point but I stand  by my opinion - which is all it is. Think about KC - motor home trip ect - all grandiose thinking that will never happen. I think this is the same thing with this guy. When he blew off yesterday and did not fill out the form he sent my BS meter out of control. But it is JMO

I suspect you are right on your feeling about this one. I also wondered if he was an alcohol or drug user the way he answered and the way he had so many jobs and a grandiose attitude when he is nothing.

I agree but I do volunteer work with the homeless in this area and he sounded like like some of the BS tales some of them tell about how important they are when they are living on the street.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #491 on: May 18, 2011, 12:42:46 PM »

Why does this article say they "tradmarked" Caylee Anthony and Justice for Caylee, when they just applied?  Why doesn't WFTV check it's facts better? 

A hammer?   

A stake?

What's in George's right hand, an ice cream cone?

The doesn't look good, ch 9 news is present on the right.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #492 on: May 18, 2011, 12:42:46 PM »

I just realized that as I missed that part. Thanks. When JP was talking about Liberty county, I was thinking how in the heck is he going to the panhandle?  He sounded as if he had checked out all the counties and there was no where but a community center there. If they were going to use a community center, why not one in the area they were already in?
I didn't hear about Liberty Co, but thought it was funny when he said he isn't holding court in the parking lot.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: May 18, 2011, 12:44:18 PM »

Why does this article say they "tradmarked" Caylee Anthony and Justice for Caylee, when they just applied?  Why doesn't WFTV check it's facts better? 

I checked the Trademark database yesterday as well as today and there is NOTHING in either the pending or granted Trademarks.   The site indicates that once they get the application froms it goes into the database quickly while it is pending approval so that two people do not get the same Trademark and it is there while it is pending approval. I call BS on them.

Also, from the information I posted yesterday, because there were already people selling items with "justice for Caylee", they would get first dibs on the trademark as they were already using it for commerce rather than anticipated commerce.

http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/process/search/
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #494 on: May 18, 2011, 12:44:21 PM »

Good point! We have come this far, it would be best to do whatever it takes to finish up here in Pinellas, rather than start all over again.  CJBP said in the beginning, if a jury could not be seated in the first county he chose, he would go back to Orange.  Then, if it didn't happen there, they would move on.  Too many options for the defense to play with, and they will play with any and all they can.  At this point, I really don't see any reasons to stall. Everything, just about, has been settled. What are they waiting for?  The DT does NOT want a jury panel from the Panhandle!  moo

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
ShariVari
Monkey Junky

the fairness of life!

« Reply #495 on: May 18, 2011, 12:45:42 PM »

I agree but I do volunteer work with the homeless in this area and he sounded like like some of the BS tales some of them tell about how important they are when they are living on the street.
To me, when people talk about how they "are about to go back to school" it all sounds like BS

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #496 on: May 18, 2011, 12:48:04 PM »

I don't think this was a Cindy idea as much as the attorney's idea of getting a message across to Casey from Cindy and George.

I know I maybe way off base..but the issue is that Cindy and George are now taking over the trademarking of everything concerning the family..they are coming out swinging at Casey...and Casey got that if her expressions at the end of yesterday had anything to do with this issue.  This is their first step in stepping away from Casey and toward Caylee...Justice for Caylee. 

They know they won't get the trademark..that's not their point.  Their point is they are not standing by Casey's side anylonger and letting the bus roll over them..they are saying they are getting back in the driver's seat...they are going to do what they have to do..and this ain't gonna be pretty.

I could be wrong..but I think the tide just changed.  They are telling her..we know you're going down for this..and we ain't going with you..and we'll do whatever we can to salvage our name and Caylee's..if we make a few bucks great..we got first dibs.  That pizzed Casey off big time yesterday..that is what the DT little meeting was about and why she was looking so angry, red faced about to cry.  Mommy and Daddy are not going to take this lying down any longer.  And their going to trademark your azz to boot.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #497 on: May 18, 2011, 12:48:24 PM »

Good point! We have come this far, it would be best to do whatever it takes to finish up here in Pinellas, rather than start all over again.  CJBP said in the beginning, if a jury could not be seated in the first county he chose, he would go back to Orange.  Then, if it didn't happen there, they would move on.  Too many options for the defense to play with, and they will play with any and all they can.  At this point, I really don't see any reasons to stall. Everything, just about, has been settled. What are they waiting for?  The DT does NOT want a jury panel from the Panhandle!  moo

That is what I was thinking - the very last area of Florida bozo wants a jury from is the panhandle. I wondered if the judge was throwing that out to get him to be more realistic about this jury panel.

strawberry thunder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #498 on: May 18, 2011, 12:48:50 PM »

I am not saying that the last prospective juror should have been seated as a juror.  What I am objecting to has already been stated.  However, if this man were a registered sex offender or had a criminal record, he would have been excused for cause.  The fact that the State had to use one of their preemptive strikes to keep him off the jury indicates to me that neither of the above is true.  He was somewhat antagonistic to Mr. Ashton and I would think that would be worrying to the State. Other than that, I have no further opinion on the matter. 

I remember hearing early on during this jury selection that a PJ with a criminal record would be permitted to serve so long as the record does not include any felonies.

Let not a man guard his dignity, but let his dignity guard him.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #499 on: May 18, 2011, 12:49:09 PM »

I would like to see the remaining PJs brought in as a group.
That way JP would only have to talk about Media history and DP one more time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.