May 23, 2024, 02:41:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION- DAY 9- 5/18/11  (Read 187627 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #820 on: May 18, 2011, 02:57:30 PM »

What IF JB has filed to have Judge Perry removed?  Would make him mad and KC would have to approve anything that was happpening that affected her defense.  JMO

Hi, Blue,

Sounds like something he would TRY to do but if he fails, he is stuck with a judge who hates him for the remainder of the trial.  He'd have to be sure of himself to go for that I guess.
Hey Anna! I think this judge has been watching very carefully his appealble actions -- the jury selection process was agreed to months in advance.

Yes, he has, Wreck.  He must be furious.  If Jose is unable to return in the morning, I guess all this has been for nothing and they will have to start all over in another location.  All at the expense of the State of Florida and after Jose was granted thhis change of venue in the first place!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #821 on: May 18, 2011, 02:57:40 PM »

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2011/05/could-judge-perry-be-wrong-defense-right/  ::snipping2::

Could Judge Perry be wrong, Defense right?
May 18th, 2011 by Richard Hornsby.
Have no idea what happened, but suspect it was due to jury selection procedure. So could for once Judge Perry be wrong and the defense right?

Ironically named, Perry v. State, 675 So. 2d 976 (Fla. 4th DCA 1996), might hold the answer.

We find that the court did abuse its discretion in this case when it terminated voir dire before defense counsel had an opportunity to question all of the jurors individually. A number of factors have led us to this conclusion.
 ::snipping2::

thanks curly.... JP stressed that they had spoken to 200 jurors....I wonder if there is some reasonable limit

In the case Hornsby is citing there was only 45 PJs.
Big difference.
I can't see how this can apply.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #822 on: May 18, 2011, 02:58:04 PM »

Regarding Casey's reaction, what I noticed the most is that she came out with her fists clenched & grabbing at her arm as she did last week due to her anxiety issues.

She was also clenching her jaws...
Yea, the more I watch it ... I do think she'd been crying.  The "smile" as she walked past counsel to sit down was really forced.  But I didn't think the smile as she walked out seemed forced?   As she walked out she seemed pizzed.  She's such a nutcase ... who knows.

Also, if you notice when she left the court room, the guard had a hard time catching up to her...normally, she hang around as long as she can & chats it up with Mason, etc. telling them good by and touching.  She seemed in a real hurry to get out before she busted out in heavy crying in front of the camera.  

Wonder if her chatting it up with Simms the last few days has anything to do with anything.  Seems like they became BFF lately.  Before this I don't think ICA ever even told her hello.  

And when JP addressed Mason and said "Do you have anything to add?"  It seemed like he wanted a yes/no answer.  

Inquiring minds sure want to know!  
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #823 on: May 18, 2011, 02:58:31 PM »

JMO --- I think the ONLY reason for early adjournment without stating a reason is for an attempted plea bargain. I think the judge would have announced Baez being sick, an appeal, or any motion by the defense.

NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #824 on: May 18, 2011, 03:00:19 PM »

JMO --- I think the ONLY reason for early adjournment without stating a reason is for an attempted plea bargain. I think the judge would have announced Baez being sick, an appeal, or any motion by the defense.
ITA wreck

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #825 on: May 18, 2011, 03:00:55 PM »

So just to speculate if it was a plea ...

LWOP wouldn't be much of a "deal" for Casey ... as I think that's what she would get anyway.  So the State would have to offer less than LWOP.

And seriously, if the State offers less than 50 or 60 w/o possibility of parole ... I'll be majorly pizzed! 

I agree.  If there is even a remote possibility for parole, Casey would be all over that for sure.

Makes sense entirely.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #826 on: May 18, 2011, 03:01:35 PM »

What IF JB has filed to have Judge Perry removed?  Would make him mad and KC would have to approve anything that was happpening that affected her defense.  JMO

Hi, Blue,

Sounds like something he would TRY to do but if he fails, he is stuck with a judge who hates him for the remainder of the trial.  He'd have to be sure of himself to go for that I guess.
Hey Anna! I think this judge has been watching very carefully his appealble actions -- the jury selection process was agreed to months in advance.

Yes, he has, Wreck.  He must be furious.  If Jose is unable to return in the morning, I guess all this has been for nothing and they will have to start all over in another location.  All at the expense of the State of Florida and after Jose was granted thhis change of venue in the first place!

He also had a change in the judge! He acts like a spoiled child when he doesn't get what he wants, picks up hes toys and files another motion

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #827 on: May 18, 2011, 03:01:41 PM »

DiDimond Diane Dimond
My best guess #caseyanthony? Baez, as lead atty, is on his way to appeals court to protest jury select'n procedure. Plea seems out of Q now

http://twitter.com/#!/DiDimond

Just guessing but it has to be an appeal about the jury selection process and locale.

But..how quickly do the appeals court judges respond.  I would hope very quickly in a case like this..what if the court of appeals isn't even hearing appeals today..do they have a schedule.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #828 on: May 18, 2011, 03:01:46 PM »

Oh, and to add to my wanting at least 50-60 years w/o parole ... I want her to have to stand up and admit guilt!  (that'll send Cindy into a tizzy won't it)   Monkey Devil!

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
OriginalKat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #829 on: May 18, 2011, 03:02:48 PM »

I totally agree with you on that Wreck   
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #830 on: May 18, 2011, 03:04:19 PM »

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2011/05/could-judge-perry-be-wrong-defense-right/  ::snipping2::

Could Judge Perry be wrong, Defense right?
May 18th, 2011 by Richard Hornsby.
Have no idea what happened, but suspect it was due to jury selection procedure. So could for once Judge Perry be wrong and the defense right?

Ironically named, Perry v. State, 675 So. 2d 976 (Fla. 4th DCA 1996), might hold the answer.

We find that the court did abuse its discretion in this case when it terminated voir dire before defense counsel had an opportunity to question all of the jurors individually. A number of factors have led us to this conclusion.
 ::snipping2::

thanks curly.... JP stressed that they had spoken to 200 jurors....I wonder if there is some reasonable limit

In the case Hornsby is citing there was only 45 PJs.
Big difference.
I can't see how this can apply.

neither can I.....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #831 on: May 18, 2011, 03:05:33 PM »

I think it is a plea also..
and I would not mind a plea if she had to admit to killing Caylee and she gets a lot of years without parole...where she will be really really old when she gets out..I thin I would be satisfied with that if that is the best we can get...

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #832 on: May 18, 2011, 03:05:52 PM »

Jink on HLN says they just got notice it was the judge's decision to end for the day.  ????

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #833 on: May 18, 2011, 03:06:35 PM »

and maybe like another poster said, Judge only gave them until tomorrow morning to get things together..

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: May 18, 2011, 03:07:50 PM »

We know that Baez was absent during the lunch hour..what about the prosecution? maybe Baez and the Prosecution was meeting for the plea...AF was the go between while on the phone during lunch...Was all the prosecution back to court in time? do we know that?

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #835 on: May 18, 2011, 03:09:59 PM »

Oh, and to add to my wanting at least 50-60 years w/o parole ... I want her to have to stand up and admit guilt!  (that'll send Cindy into a tizzy won't it)   Monkey Devil!

IMO..The State would not even entertain a plea that did not include the following: her admission of guilt, and all facts in how the crime occurred, no chance of appeal and 50 to life..or whatever the standard is in Florida.  The only reason they would accept an appeal at this point is to save the State time and money..as well as get the confession of guilt and the details of the commision of the crime.  That leaves the blame game out of the picture..and since the blame game is all the DT  and Casey has that is not going to happen at this time.  Casey is not giving up the biggest trial since OJ just to be in prison for life, or close to life..no way.  The girl likes her camera time..and with meds they'll make sure she can cope. 

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #836 on: May 18, 2011, 03:13:36 PM »

NG will have a field day with this....LMAO!

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #837 on: May 18, 2011, 03:14:26 PM »

Jink on HLN says they just got notice it was the judge's decision to end for the day.  ????

uuummmm interesting.....we know it was his decision...what we don't know is the WHY??

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #838 on: May 18, 2011, 03:15:03 PM »

IMO..The State would not even entertain a plea that did not include the following: her admission of guilt, and all facts in how the crime occurred, no chance of appeal and 50 to life..or whatever the standard is in Florida.  The only reason they would accept an appeal at this point is to save the State time and money..as well as get the confession of guilt and the details of the commision of the crime.  That leaves the blame game out of the picture..and since the blame game is all the DT  and Casey has that is not going to happen at this time.  Casey is not giving up the biggest trial since OJ just to be in prison for life, or close to life..no way.  The girl likes her camera time..and with meds they'll make sure she can cope. 

Casey has lived a life of lies. She has always managed to wiggle out of any responsibilities and any consequences as a result of her actions. The gig is up...I think what we see is the face of true "ugly coping." KC can't handle the truth, and she can't handle the general conscenus about who and what she is and what she has done. She can handle killing her baby, but she can't handle being found out for the lying, thieving, murderous skank she is...JMO

I think a plea is in the works...
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #839 on: May 18, 2011, 03:16:48 PM »

So what does Jinks expect that to tell us? Isn't it usually the judge's decision to end for the day?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.