June 07, 2024, 05:22:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION- DAY 9- 5/18/11  (Read 187971 times)
strawberry thunder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #980 on: May 18, 2011, 06:08:55 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I probably am, but I thought that once jury selection began that any offer made previously would then be taken off the table. And if that's the case, there can be no plea deal in the works.

Let not a man guard his dignity, but let his dignity guard him.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #981 on: May 18, 2011, 06:12:49 PM »

::snipping2::

I think bozo forgot about this case and boogied back to Orlando to reschedule before he faced another court reprimand.

If this was the case, wouldn't Chief Justice Perry be able to pull strings and get it taken care of himself?  He seems to be able to do a lot of things, I had no idea a judge could do.  He seemed so sure that opening statements would begin on Monday, why would he put that out there like that?  This is so confusing.  Baez knew he would cause more speculation by telling everyone not to speculate.  Why wouldn't the judge just clear up something simple?  Every day when the judge adjourns he explains, what is happening the next day and what he is going to do about the potential jurors.  Today he seemed to just want to get off the bench and the hand raising gesture to Mason to keep him from talking too much, just seemed odd.   I also noticed LDB, watching Casey walk out of the courtroom, just staring at her, like she was trying to figure something out, it seemed out of character for her.  She usually just sits and doesn't make any attempt to acknowledge Casey's strut.

Hugs, Magic 
I noticed the hand gesture, too, Magic. It makes me wonder what he didn't want Mason to say.  One of the other things I was speculating about was whether the defense is going to try to go over Judge Perry's head to overrule his jury selection procedures.  Or, even worse, to try to have him removed.  Maybe that's what Casey was telling him to do.  Or could it have to do with Cindy and George and Caylee's so-called trademark?  Could she be trying to stop her family from taking over what Casey thinks is her turf, i.e. ownership of Caylee?  If so, the dysfunction in that family is off the charts!

Do you think the hand gesture could have been to the court reporter?  As to her parents trademarking the Caylee Anthony name, didn't she indicate that it bothered her in one of her letters to fellow inmate Robyn?
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #982 on: May 18, 2011, 06:14:13 PM »

Personally I think it's some BS stall tactic by Baez

Me too Klaas..and the Judge knows that or he would not have been so visiably angry today.  I think Baez just hit the good judge's last nerve..

If this had to do with another case, that JP said he could take care of, I bet there was still some paperwork Baez was to file. We all know how Baez takes court deadlines seriously....NOT!
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #983 on: May 18, 2011, 06:18:09 PM »

Baez Says "Private Matter" Led To Early Court Dismissal
Posted: 5:28 am EDT May 18, 2011
Updated: 4:18 pm EDT May 18, 2011

PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry unexpectedly dismissed court on Wednesday after returning from an extended lunch recess on day 9 of Casey Anthony's murder trial.

"Mr. Mason, have you had an opportunity to discuss the matter with Ms. Anthony?" Perry asked.

"I have, Your Honor," Mason said.

"Anything you need to add?" Perry asked. "OK, this court will be in recess until 8:30 tomorrow morning."

<snipped>

http://www.wftv.com/news/27933910/detail.html

Not for nothing, but that quote is incorrect, that is not what JP asked him.  He specifically asked him if had CONFERRED with his client on "the matter."

Important Distinction, imo.
The quote is correct. It starts at 2:25    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-trial-week-two-wedne20110518,0,2431463.story

Tupelohoney, I stand corrected, that is exactly right, not what I heard, but what he said, lol.

I apparently am now projecting.

Fwiw, there is no plea brewing
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #984 on: May 18, 2011, 06:18:30 PM »

IMO, KC will never accept a plea deal.

The judge asked Mason if he'd had an opportunity to "discuss the matter" with his client.  Could be anything.

IIRC, Baez was not available in court at the end of yesterday.  I remember JP saying that lead council for the defense was not in court and so so decisions could be made.

So, "something" started with Baez on yesterday.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #985 on: May 18, 2011, 06:22:37 PM »

Couldn't agree more, his not speculating comment is very telling if you ask me.  Nothing in this case makes any sense, why would we think it would start today?  I just can't figure out why Judge Perry would go along with anything at this stage of the trial.  So many questions and so few answers.

Klaas, are we still protected by freedom of speech to say "Justice for Caylee"?  I love the way it sounds but if we can't please delete and let us know.

Hugs, Magic 

Why would you NOT be able to say Justice for Caylee?  That's why we are all here right?
sandy leiva
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #986 on: May 18, 2011, 06:23:34 PM »

Klass i tried posting something important in misssing person can u help me out.  sorry for posting this here   sl
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #987 on: May 18, 2011, 06:23:46 PM »

Would the jury selection process not begin following the defence rejecting a plea deal?  In other words ... at this point in time should a trial not be a given?

Just asking.

Janet

BUMPED

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #988 on: May 18, 2011, 06:25:25 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/27940971/detail.html
Grandparents Get Caylee Anthony Name Trademarked
Posted: 3:27 pm EDT May 18, 2011

Yep, and I got docked $1.18 from my Zazzle.com account to prove it!
The irony is $0.88 of that $1.18 earnings were from purchases made after Nancy Grace's show last night. 1 purchase was made @ 10:43 last night, and 1 purchase was made this morning @ 12:26am.
  That infuriates me that they took your money away Seeme. I hate the Anthony's.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #989 on: May 18, 2011, 06:25:46 PM »

Klass i tried posting something important in misssing person can u help me out.  sorry for posting this here   sl

Muffy saw it and moved it to the regular Missing Persons forum and added the photo and stuff.  The thread is at this link in the normal MP forum:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9911.0
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #990 on: May 18, 2011, 06:25:50 PM »

I think bozo forgot about this case and boogied back to Orlando to reschedule before he faced another court reprimand.

If this was the case, wouldn't Chief Justice Perry be able to pull strings and get it taken care of himself?  He seems to be able to do a lot of things, I had no idea a judge could do.  He seemed so sure that opening statements would begin on Monday, why would he put that out there like that?  This is so confusing.  Baez knew he would cause more speculation by telling everyone not to speculate.  Why wouldn't the judge just clear up something simple?  Every day when the judge adjourns he explains, what is happening the next day and what he is going to do about the potential jurors.  Today he seemed to just want to get off the bench and the hand raising gesture to Mason to keep him from talking too much, just seemed odd.   I also noticed LDB, watching Casey walk out of the courtroom, just staring at her, like she was trying to figure something out, it seemed out of character for her.  She usually just sits and doesn't make any attempt to acknowledge Casey's strut.

Hugs, Magic 
I noticed the hand gesture, too, Magic. It makes me wonder what he didn't want Mason to say.  One of the other things I was speculating about was whether the defense is going to try to go over Judge Perry's head to overrule his jury selection procedures.  Or, even worse, to try to have him removed.  Maybe that's what Casey was telling him to do.  Or could it have to do with Cindy and George and Caylee's so-called trademark?  Could she be trying to stop her family from taking over what Casey thinks is her turf, i.e. ownership of Caylee?  If so, the dysfunction in that family is off the charts!

Do you think the hand gesture could have been to the court reporter?  As to her parents trademarking the Caylee Anthony name, didn't she indicate that it bothered her in one of her letters to fellow inmate Robyn?

The hand gesture sure seemed to be to Mason, he had just asked him a question and he didn't want him to answer at any length, just yes or no.  Doesn't everything in open court have to be taken down by the court reporter?  If he wanted to talk to him further, he would of called a side bar.  I am still amazed that the Anthony's were able to trademark not only Caylee's name but also a phrase.  I think if anything made Casey mad, it was that they didn't trademark HER name.  Remember what she said, just days after she was in jail, "MY whole life has been taken from me".   That is one of the things that she said that has always stayed with me.

Hugs, Magic 

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
strawberry thunder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #991 on: May 18, 2011, 06:26:38 PM »

Would the jury selection process not begin following the defence rejecting a plea deal?  In other words ... at this point in time should a trial not be a given?

Just asking.

Janet

BUMPED

That's exactly what I thought too.

Let not a man guard his dignity, but let his dignity guard him.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #992 on: May 18, 2011, 06:26:46 PM »

Just asking.

Janet

BUMPED

That's why jury selection began on Mon. after she rejected a plea deal.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #993 on: May 18, 2011, 06:26:51 PM »

I totally agree.  I have never seen nor heard of an attorney pull the stunts this one has and I have been around a few years.  Between him and his antics we have KC pulling her childish stunts and I don't care what anyone says but I do very much believe that the Ant's are in daily contact with their evil spun.  JMO

::justice2NJ::

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #994 on: May 18, 2011, 06:27:28 PM »

Just asking.

Janet

BUMPED

If there was a Plea deal then there would be no need for jury selection to continue.  I do not believe apPlea is the reason.  I think more likely some BS reason for Baez to stall the proceedings. 
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #995 on: May 18, 2011, 06:29:35 PM »

Couldn't agree more, his not speculating comment is very telling if you ask me.  Nothing in this case makes any sense, why would we think it would start today?  I just can't figure out why Judge Perry would go along with anything at this stage of the trial.  So many questions and so few answers.

Klaas, are we still protected by freedom of speech to say "Justice for Caylee"?  I love the way it sounds but if we can't please delete and let us know.

Hugs, Magic 

Why would you NOT be able to say Justice for Caylee?  That's why we are all here right?

Yes, Klaas, that is why I am here, I just don't want to make any more trouble for Red and Scared Monkeys.  I am unclear what is covered by a "trademark".

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs, Magic   

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #996 on: May 18, 2011, 06:30:22 PM »

Just asking.

Janet

BUMPED

Janet she can ask, through her attorneys, for a plea deal up until the trial starts..the morning of the trial at 6 am they could theoritically iron out a plea deal..infact that is when most take place...right before the actual trial begins. 

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #997 on: May 18, 2011, 06:35:39 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I probably am, but I thought that once jury selection began that any offer made previously would then be taken off the table. And if that's the case, there can be no plea deal in the works.
A plea can be accepted any time it's offered. Lots of our jury trials settle the morning the trial is scheduled to start. The trick is, tho, to get a deal that the prosecution feels is fair.

For this skank, the only plea I'd offer is taking the DP off the table, offering her only LWOP (life without parole).

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #998 on: May 18, 2011, 06:36:26 PM »

Does anyone find it curious that the trademark thing came about today as well as this unexplained delay? Maybe Baez was going to try to stop Cindy and George's efforts for the trademark, or the two were connected in some other way.

I keep thinking about the letter yesterday where KC looked upset. I thought that might be the trademark news, and so maybe today Baez was attempting to legally respond in some way?
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #999 on: May 18, 2011, 06:37:51 PM »

A plea can be accepted any time it's offered. Lots of our jury trials settle the morning the trial is scheduled to start. The trick is, tho, to get a deal that the prosecution feels is fair.

For this skank, the only plea I'd offer is taking the DP off the table, offering her only LWOP (life without parole).
Tevye, can the prosecution deny a plea?????? TIA JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.