June 16, 2024, 05:30:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION- DAY 9- 5/18/11  (Read 188338 times)
I dont feel tardy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #940 on: May 18, 2011, 04:51:34 PM »

The only reason for the abrupt ending to todays proceedings and the "no comment" by the court as to why reeks of a plea in the works. imo
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #941 on: May 18, 2011, 04:52:35 PM »

Baez Says "Private Matter" Led To Early Court Dismissal
Posted: 5:28 am EDT May 18, 2011
Updated: 4:18 pm EDT May 18, 2011

PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry unexpectedly dismissed court on Wednesday after returning from an extended lunch recess on day 9 of Casey Anthony's murder trial.

"Mr. Mason, have you had an opportunity to discuss the matter with Ms. Anthony?" Perry asked.

"I have, Your Honor," Mason said.

"Anything you need to add?" Perry asked. "OK, this court will be in recess until 8:30 tomorrow morning."

<snipped>

http://www.wftv.com/news/27933910/detail.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MOMDET
Scared Monkey

« Reply #942 on: May 18, 2011, 04:55:53 PM »

Enlighten me!  Is it common practice for the Defense Atty. to STOP jury selection to file an appeal?  I would think that he would be entitled to filing such a motion, however on his own time, plus isn't this the advantage to having a "TEAM" of attys. for such things, so court proceedings aren't interrupted? 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #943 on: May 18, 2011, 04:59:01 PM »

Been tied up most of the day Monks-  Anything Exciting or New Today?

heh heh

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #944 on: May 18, 2011, 05:00:28 PM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2011/05/casey-anthony-jury-selection-abruptly-ends-today/comment-page-25/#comments

dee
May 18, 2011 - 3:41 pm

“I think Casey is taking a plea deal! Read her lips!
Posted: May 18, 2011 | Author: motherclucker | Filed under: The Hen House | Tags: Casey Anthony, Casey says lets make a deal, Motherclucker | Leave a comment »

“At 6:05 of this video, you can clearly see Casey mouth the words “Do you wanna go ahead and go for a deal?” Here’s the vid from WFTV it is part 5! This blew my mind when I saw it! Go look! Hurry! LOL! “

I am not experienced in lip reading, but it looks like she could be saying that.

But I really cannot see that happening.

Brandi Where are you watching this I can't find it ..

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
ShariVari
Monkey Junky

the fairness of life!

« Reply #945 on: May 18, 2011, 05:01:22 PM »

To quote someone else's hysterical post re #CaseyAnthony crying. Acting like a 2 yr will get her placed in the trunk....better stop cryin.
http://twitter.com/#!/HeadlessGal Edit/hyperlink.  MB

Monkey Devil!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 05:08:18 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #946 on: May 18, 2011, 05:03:46 PM »

Would the jury selection process not begin following the defence rejecting a plea deal?  In other words ... at this point in time should a trial not be a given.

Just asking?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #947 on: May 18, 2011, 05:04:48 PM »

Okay, Monkeys, we are now entering "Bizarro World"...(Please keep your hands and feet in side the ride.) What the H-!! is going on here?  Baez exits, stage left, (but manages to text everyone in the Media to stop speculating, which is equivalent to saying, "Don't think of an Elephant...") and Casey's parents are trademarking Caylee's name, etc.  Here's some speculation for ya, Baez...Did I hear J. Lyons was there?  Maybe he was putting some pressure on the jurors and the SA found out?  Maybe Cindy and George are going to sue Baez for defamation?  Maybe dingoes stole my baby?
I give up...Bizarro World has absolutely beaten me down.
And, Caylee's Justice is being delayed...(Trademark that, Cindy!)

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #948 on: May 18, 2011, 05:04:57 PM »

watching in nh

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2011/05/casey-anthony-jury-selection-abruptly-ends-today/comment-page-28/#comments

May 18, 2011 - 4:05 pm

jaquey

May 18, 2011 – 4:02 pm

Forgive me if this has already been posted. Haven’t got to read all posts. Supposedly and I can read lips a little, At the 11:25 mark on this video, JB approaches Casey and she says “Do it. I want this over with.” I see the same from reading her lips

____

And they immediately went to side bar! Maybe this is really it!! 

BBM

That statement in a case like this would seem to point to a plea.  But I don't think so..it may have been about anything..Baez would not talk to her in a courtromm of media and prosecution present about a plea.. Maybe she just wants him to sue her parents for all her accusations..who the heck knows with this chick...but  a plea..she would not be that casual about....now an appeal, suing her family , etc..yea..she'd say do it and not think twice.
I agree she looked very casual if that is what she was saying -- but, this may have been talked about in length last night and they were at a juncture where it was time to do it. Casey could be on meds still, or just so sociopathic that her demeanor is just plain unpredictable anyways.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #949 on: May 18, 2011, 05:06:19 PM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2011/05/casey-anthony-jury-selection-abruptly-ends-today/comment-page-25/#comments

dee
May 18, 2011 - 3:41 pm

“I think Casey is taking a plea deal! Read her lips!
Posted: May 18, 2011 | Author: motherclucker | Filed under: The Hen House | Tags: Casey Anthony, Casey says lets make a deal, Motherclucker | Leave a comment »

“At 6:05 of this video, you can clearly see Casey mouth the words “Do you wanna go ahead and go for a deal?” Here’s the vid from WFTV it is part 5! This blew my mind when I saw it! Go look! Hurry! LOL! “

I am not experienced in lip reading, but it looks like she could be saying that.

But I really cannot see that happening.

Brandi Where are you watching this I can't find it ..

It's on this page: http://www.wftv.com/video/27938803/index.html

It's part 5, about 6:05.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #950 on: May 18, 2011, 05:06:44 PM »

Wish I could read lips, but to me it looked like, "you want to, let's go for it".

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #951 on: May 18, 2011, 05:09:53 PM »

PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry unexpectedly dismissed court on Wednesday after returning from an extended lunch recess on day 9 of Casey Anthony's murder trial.

"Mr. Mason, have you had an opportunity to discuss the matter with Ms. Anthony?" Perry asked.

"Anything you need to add?" Perry asked. "OK, this court will be in recess until 8:30 tomorrow morning."

<snipped>

Not for nothing, but that quote is incorrect, that is not what JP asked him.  He specifically asked him if had CONFERRED with his client on "the matter."

Important Distinction, imo.
strawberry thunder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #952 on: May 18, 2011, 05:11:25 PM »

Did anyone ever figure out what has she and Baez at odds? I'm real curious as to what brought on the "acting like a two year old" comment, and further, why Casey is not sitting next to him anymore.

Let not a man guard his dignity, but let his dignity guard him.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #953 on: May 18, 2011, 05:12:27 PM »

<snipped>

Not for nothing, but that quote is incorrect, that is not what JP asked him.  He specifically asked him if had CONFERRED with his client on "the matter."

What are you speculating?

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #954 on: May 18, 2011, 05:20:04 PM »

I just got a chance to catch up and almost ripped my hair out....I do wonder after watching her on the vid that had a lip reader give some input that something is definitely going on and I can see why Bia$$ would leave in a huff..IIRC, he mentioned a book deal once, but it was contingent on going to trial from my recollection.

Could it be that after Slore heard 90% off the 200 PJ's think she is guilty that she decided to take a plea and Jose would be pizzed IMO and leave.....I just can't imagine Judge Perry letting everything come to a screeching halt unless it had to do with a plea

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #955 on: May 18, 2011, 05:22:59 PM »

Maybe she wants to fire him.
She told her to stop acting like a two year old and wasn't playing nice with her.
I can't see her doing a plea. Ever.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #956 on: May 18, 2011, 05:23:45 PM »

skipping ahead  hope this is not a repeat...wouldn't it be grand if JP came into court tomorrow and said that he was able to get 40 more pj to come over in the next few days..Thursday and Friday...and they have the court house on Saturday as well! why can't he do that?

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #957 on: May 18, 2011, 05:24:43 PM »

::snipping2::
An unidentified woman who answered the phone at Baez's Kissimmee office declined to comment on the sudden adjournment. When asked if someone from their office would comment later today, she said: "I'm not sure since I'm not in Pinellas. I've just been instructed not to talk about it."

Baez has a private matter to attend to, so he calls his office and tells them not to say anything about IT?  Why the pc?  Anyone answering the phone could simply say they have no idea what is going on.  hmmmmmm

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #958 on: May 18, 2011, 05:28:02 PM »

Blink, what is your take on what happened and why do you think this is an important distinction?  I have looked at the tape of Baez and Casey talking and she seems to be telling him to go ahead and do something but that something could be anything.  She lives in her own little world and IMO has for a very long time.  She could of been agreeing to anything but why would Baez ask her something like that in open court?  I have also looked at the way Judge Perry adjourned court for the day and he seemed to be more worried about Mason talking than anything else.  What private matter could interrupt a jury selection in the magnitude of this case?  Especially since the judge had already given a time and a date for opening statements.  Like usual none of this makes any sense.  Thanks for any insight.  Someone hold on to me, I am barely hangin' from a branch again.

Hugs, Magic 

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #959 on: May 18, 2011, 05:28:45 PM »

An unidentified woman who answered the phone at Baez's Kissimmee office declined to comment on the sudden adjournment. When asked if someone from their office would comment later today, she said: "I'm not sure since I'm not in Pinellas. I've just been instructed not to talk about it."

Baez has a private matter to attend to, so he calls his office and tells them not to say anything about IT?  Why the pc?  Anyone answering the phone could simply say they have no idea what is going on.  hmmmmmm

yea this whole this is so strange.  i do think its possible its a plea in the works.  as much as i can't see casey taking one and having to admit her guilt, i also don't think she would be able to handle sitting through a trial listening to all of her lies and the truth of her evilness coming out
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.